Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-15-19, 10:07 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 2,311
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Northwest Central Conference Future

With Lehman Catholic and Riverside leaving for the Three Rivers Conference in 2021, I think they should add Morral Ridgedale and possibly Crestline or Vanlue.

However, with the enrollments that some of these remaining schools have, what will be the future of this league?

Boy Enrollment grades 9-11:

Elgin: 136

Hardin Northern: 55

Lima Perry: 95

Ridgemont: 45

Temple Christian: 21 (No Football)

Upper Scioto Valley: 61

Waynesfield - Goshen: 43
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 05-16-19, 07:26 AM
Buckeyes04 Buckeyes04 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-19-16
Posts: 11
Buckeyes04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
With Lehman Catholic and Riverside leaving for the Three Rivers Conference in 2021, I think they should add Morral Ridgedale and possibly Crestline or Vanlue.

However, with the enrollments that some of these remaining schools have, what will be the future of this league?

Boy Enrollment grades 9-11:

Elgin: 136

Hardin Northern: 55

Lima Perry: 95

Ridgemont: 45

Temple Christian: 21 (No Football)

Upper Scioto Valley: 61

Waynesfield - Goshen: 43

I've heard adding Ridgedale is a near certainty. After that, teams that have been mentioned vary from the likes of Crestline, Vanlue, Cory Rawson. Those are the reasonable ones I've heard. Someone also said the NWCC would love to add Ada and/or Allen East, just don't think that will happen.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-16-19, 10:23 AM
RollingTrain RollingTrain is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-15-16
Posts: 116
RollingTrain is on a distinguished road
Id think it would be hard for Vanlue or even Cory Rawson to let go of the BVC

Crestline is an honorary member of the BVC for football the next two years to fill the Hopewell-Loudon departure. But yes, the NWCC for football seems like an option.

No way does Ada and AE give up the NWC league stability.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-16-19, 10:45 AM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 2,311
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingTrain View Post
I’d think it would be hard for Vanlue or even Cory Rawson to let go of the BVC

Crestline is an honorary member of the BVC for football the next two years to fill the Hopewell-Loudon departure. But yes, the NWCC for football seems like an option.

No way does Ada and AE give up the NWC league stability.
If Ada and Allen East would ever consider another conference, it'd be the BVC. Wasn't Ada in the running the last time they expanded? That being said I don't see them going anywhere. The NWC like you said is very stable.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-16-19, 11:04 AM
dhsdog06 dhsdog06 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 05-08-19
Posts: 6
dhsdog06 is on a distinguished road
I could see the BVC forcing the Vanlue issue soon. All it would take is one year that Vanlue has to forfeit games because of low numbers and the BVC would have their excuse to boot them, much like they did with H-N. Regardless, with the BVC at 11 and no clear #12 (I don't see Ada/Bluffton/Patrick Henry who seem to be the most talked about leaving VERY stable conferences for the BVC), maybe it would be best for all involved in they just went back to 10 and sent Vanlue packing to the NWCC.

Long term, the best thing this league can do football wise is just keeping stockpiling members. USV and H-N already had their problems just putting a team on the field in this century. Vanlue won't be far behind with their numbers. Crestline may not "fit" geographically, but as a program without a home and already having the scheduling agreement with the BVC, it just makes sense.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-16-19, 01:00 PM
LetsGoBig LetsGoBig is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-24-18
Posts: 28
LetsGoBig is on a distinguished road
The BVC should look at adding Fort Loramie to their league. Crestline is awful, Fort Loramie would be a good strong community/program to add.

It is only about an hour 15 minutes from Findlay, that would be some travel for some schools, but they are definetely a better fit than Crestline
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-16-19, 01:40 PM
RollingTrain RollingTrain is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-15-16
Posts: 116
RollingTrain is on a distinguished road
Fort Loramie to the BVC??? No.

Vanlue has had number issues for as long a I've been around and that's over 40 years. I don't see a time that they wont' have number issues. They've just been lucky enough to never have it completely catch up with them. And to their defense, they've really gutted it out.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-16-19, 01:41 PM
RollingTrain RollingTrain is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-15-16
Posts: 116
RollingTrain is on a distinguished road
And Crestline isn't joining the BVC, they are just filling the schedule void left by H-L on a 2-year basis. It filled a need for both sides.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-16-19, 04:36 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 2,311
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBig View Post
The BVC should look at adding Fort Loramie to their league. Crestline is awful, Fort Loramie would be a good strong community/program to add.

It is only about an hour 15 minutes from Findlay, that would be some travel for some schools, but they are definetely a better fit than Crestline
Absolutely not. There's only one league that Fort Loramie would consider. You can probably guess which one that is. There is definitely better temporary fits for the BVC than Crestline for sure. A school like Elmwood might work for the BVC if they're looking for another permanent member.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-17-19, 08:28 AM
ReadyKnightsFan ReadyKnightsFan is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-31-16
Posts: 425
ReadyKnightsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Absolutely not. There's only one league that Fort Loramie would consider. You can probably guess which one that is. There is definitely better temporary fits for the BVC than Crestline for sure. A school like Elmwood might work for the BVC if they're looking for another permanent member.
What Champion said, I foresee Loramie being independent until an invitation comes from that league.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-17-19, 03:34 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 2,311
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if the state does force Vanlue to merge especially with Arcadia. My biggest worry for the NWCC that consolidation will eventually make the league fold.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-17-19, 04:50 PM
adog adog is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-18-07
Posts: 738
adog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
If Ada and Allen East would ever consider another conference, it'd be the BVC. Wasn't Ada in the running the last time they expanded? That being said I don't see them going anywhere. The NWC like you said is very stable.
No, the Super at the time was in favor of this but not a lot of others besides him. Most Ada residents realized and liked the fact that all the schools in the NWC, excluding Spencerville, was either within 20 miles of Ada or along US 30 making it an easy drive to get to any of the schools. Even Paulding which is 63 miles away . only an hr drive with most of it on 30
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2019 Division VII Schedules EagleFan Football 19 05-17-19 05:04 PM
History of Baseball State Championships (1928-2018) Yappi Baseball 37 05-06-19 07:56 AM
Heath D-3 District Rankings (Pre Sectionals) McClearn7 Wrestling 0 02-22-18 01:22 PM
Mid-season Rankings (all three divisions posted 1-4-17 late evening) bucksman Wrestling 32 02-09-18 12:10 AM
2017 Division VII Schedules EagleFan Archives 25 10-25-17 11:29 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz