Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-15-19, 10:07 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Northwest Central Conference Future

With Lehman Catholic and Riverside leaving for the Three Rivers Conference in 2021, I think they should add Morral Ridgedale and possibly Crestline or Vanlue.

However, with the enrollments that some of these remaining schools have, what will be the future of this league?

Boy Enrollment grades 9-11:

Elgin: 136

Hardin Northern: 55

Lima Perry: 95

Ridgemont: 45

Temple Christian: 21 (No Football)

Upper Scioto Valley: 61

Waynesfield - Goshen: 43
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-19, 07:26 AM
Freshman

Buckeyes04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
With Lehman Catholic and Riverside leaving for the Three Rivers Conference in 2021, I think they should add Morral Ridgedale and possibly Crestline or Vanlue.

However, with the enrollments that some of these remaining schools have, what will be the future of this league?

Boy Enrollment grades 9-11:

Elgin: 136

Hardin Northern: 55

Lima Perry: 95

Ridgemont: 45

Temple Christian: 21 (No Football)

Upper Scioto Valley: 61

Waynesfield - Goshen: 43

I've heard adding Ridgedale is a near certainty. After that, teams that have been mentioned vary from the likes of Crestline, Vanlue, Cory Rawson. Those are the reasonable ones I've heard. Someone also said the NWCC would love to add Ada and/or Allen East, just don't think that will happen.
Old 05-16-19, 10:23 AM
All District

RollingTrain is on a distinguished road
Id think it would be hard for Vanlue or even Cory Rawson to let go of the BVC

Crestline is an honorary member of the BVC for football the next two years to fill the Hopewell-Loudon departure. But yes, the NWCC for football seems like an option.

No way does Ada and AE give up the NWC league stability.
Old 05-16-19, 10:45 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingTrain View Post
I’d think it would be hard for Vanlue or even Cory Rawson to let go of the BVC

Crestline is an honorary member of the BVC for football the next two years to fill the Hopewell-Loudon departure. But yes, the NWCC for football seems like an option.

No way does Ada and AE give up the NWC league stability.
If Ada and Allen East would ever consider another conference, it'd be the BVC. Wasn't Ada in the running the last time they expanded? That being said I don't see them going anywhere. The NWC like you said is very stable.
Old 05-16-19, 11:04 AM
Freshman

dhsdog06 is on a distinguished road
I could see the BVC forcing the Vanlue issue soon. All it would take is one year that Vanlue has to forfeit games because of low numbers and the BVC would have their excuse to boot them, much like they did with H-N. Regardless, with the BVC at 11 and no clear #12 (I don't see Ada/Bluffton/Patrick Henry who seem to be the most talked about leaving VERY stable conferences for the BVC), maybe it would be best for all involved in they just went back to 10 and sent Vanlue packing to the NWCC.

Long term, the best thing this league can do football wise is just keeping stockpiling members. USV and H-N already had their problems just putting a team on the field in this century. Vanlue won't be far behind with their numbers. Crestline may not "fit" geographically, but as a program without a home and already having the scheduling agreement with the BVC, it just makes sense.
Old 05-16-19, 01:00 PM
Junior Varsity

LetsGoBig is on a distinguished road
The BVC should look at adding Fort Loramie to their league. Crestline is awful, Fort Loramie would be a good strong community/program to add.

It is only about an hour 15 minutes from Findlay, that would be some travel for some schools, but they are definetely a better fit than Crestline
Old 05-16-19, 01:40 PM
All District

Fort Loramie to the BVC??? No.

Vanlue has had number issues for as long a I've been around and that's over 40 years. I don't see a time that they wont' have number issues. They've just been lucky enough to never have it completely catch up with them. And to their defense, they've really gutted it out.
Old 05-16-19, 01:41 PM
All District

And Crestline isn't joining the BVC, they are just filling the schedule void left by H-L on a 2-year basis. It filled a need for both sides.
Old 05-16-19, 04:36 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBig View Post
The BVC should look at adding Fort Loramie to their league. Crestline is awful, Fort Loramie would be a good strong community/program to add.

It is only about an hour 15 minutes from Findlay, that would be some travel for some schools, but they are definetely a better fit than Crestline
Absolutely not. There's only one league that Fort Loramie would consider. You can probably guess which one that is. There is definitely better temporary fits for the BVC than Crestline for sure. A school like Elmwood might work for the BVC if they're looking for another permanent member.
Old 05-17-19, 08:28 AM
All Region

ReadyKnightsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Absolutely not. There's only one league that Fort Loramie would consider. You can probably guess which one that is. There is definitely better temporary fits for the BVC than Crestline for sure. A school like Elmwood might work for the BVC if they're looking for another permanent member.
What Champion said, I foresee Loramie being independent until an invitation comes from that league.
Old 05-17-19, 03:34 PM
All American

Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if the state does force Vanlue to merge especially with Arcadia. My biggest worry for the NWCC that consolidation will eventually make the league fold.
Old 05-17-19, 04:50 PM
All Ohio

adog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If Ada and Allen East would ever consider another conference, it'd be the BVC. Wasn't Ada in the running the last time they expanded? That being said I don't see them going anywhere. The NWC like you said is very stable.
No, the Super at the time was in favor of this but not a lot of others besides him. Most Ada residents realized and liked the fact that all the schools in the NWC, excluding Spencerville, was either within 20 miles of Ada or along US 30 making it an easy drive to get to any of the schools. Even Paulding which is 63 miles away . only an hr drive with most of it on 30