Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-16-19, 10:49 AM
Varsity

Foster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportster4321 View Post
Idk. With that stud RB coming back they may have a very good chance to at least make a run/have a shot. That kid was the second best player I seen last year after Waid. I think he was only a sophomore.
He'll be a senior this year.
Old 05-17-19, 10:23 AM
All World

Maple_City_Fan is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofOld View Post
Alter will be down this year. Wapak was average. I think Norwalk should get back to the semis. Kenston should be the heavy favorite next year.
I sure hope so for Truckers. As far as Alter being "down", I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 05-18-19, 03:10 PM
Varsity

HighSchoolFB45 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportster4321 View Post
Idk. With that stud RB coming back they may have a very good chance to at least make a run/have a shot. That kid was the second best player I seen last year after Waid. I think he was only a sophomore.
They got smoked in the second round in DIV last year. Steubenville will be in the same region as Kenston, Akron East and St. Vincent St. Maryís. Unless those three end up on the same side of the bracket, no way they have a shot of making it out of the region.
Old 05-18-19, 04:09 PM
Freshman

Knight Vision is on a distinguished road
Donít think for a second Alter is down. I agree Kenston is the team to beat, but donít be surprised if itís an Alter vs Kenston repeat in 2019.
Old 05-19-19, 06:49 AM
Freshman

Steubenburgh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighSchoolFB45 View Post
They got smoked in the second round in DIV last year. Steubenville will be in the same region as Kenston, Akron East and St. Vincent St. Maryís. Unless those three end up on the same side of the bracket, no way they have a shot of making it out of the region.
Iím curious as to what makes Akron East so much better than Steubenville? East lost 3 games last year. Steubenville ďsmokedĒ 2 of those 3 teams that beat East. So what exactly makes East so much better than Steubenville all of a sudden?
Old 05-19-19, 10:20 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steubenburgh View Post
Iím curious as to what makes Akron East so much better than Steubenville? East lost 3 games last year. Steubenville ďsmokedĒ 2 of those 3 teams that beat East. So what exactly makes East so much better than Steubenville all of a sudden?
iím not saying that Akron East is so much better than Steubenville, iím saying that is another good team that they are going to have to compete with.
Old 05-19-19, 10:26 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Vision View Post
Donít think for a second Alter is down. I agree Kenston is the team to beat, but donít be surprised if itís an Alter vs Kenston repeat in 2019.
Alter is going to have to make it past Trotwood, who brings back a lot. Also, Alter wouldnít have made it past Wapak last year without Conor Bazelak. Dude had all three of Alterís touchdowns and without him Alter wouldnít have had more than 100 yards of total offense without him passing. Letís see how they are without him first.
Old 05-23-19, 08:23 AM
All Ohio

kmac57 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Alter is going to have to make it past Trotwood, who brings back a lot. Also, Alter wouldn’t have made it past Wapak last year without Conor Bazelak. Dude had all three of Alter’s touchdowns and without him Alter wouldn’t have had more than 100 yards of total offense without him passing. Let’s see how they are without him first.
Yeah but they did have him. Also Alter defense (banged up) played well. I do believe Alter will be a notch or two below last year, as it was a senior laden team. Juniors and sophs will need to step it up. I think CJ will be a force this year, Truckers & Trotwood will be in mix, but Kenston will be hard to beat. Should be another great year in DIII.
Old 05-23-19, 10:38 AM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Alter is going to have to make it past Trotwood, who brings back a lot. Also, Alter wouldnít have made it past Wapak last year without Conor Bazelak. Dude had all three of Alterís touchdowns and without him Alter wouldnít have had more than 100 yards of total offense without him passing. Letís see how they are without him first.
Ok, I have to ask what/who does Trotwood have coming back. The Rams limped to the end of the season with three losses in a row. The Rams lose Wicox, Coates, Britton, Stephans and about 3 all conference linemen. I know that had a couple sophomores and a freshmen that are tough and the Hughley brothers back I dont remember seeing a lot in the cupboard.