Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-02-19, 09:06 PM
Varsity

Barbershoptalk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartley1 View Post
Any word on where Channel is going to coach? Would he be someones OC - he is one of the best wing t guys around.
Word is, he dyed his hair and shaved his mustache and still on the lamb from his graffiti gate scandal. Heíll probably resurface in a Jr. High role in the next couple of years.
Old 04-04-19, 03:02 PM
All Region

The Watcher 2.0 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salesman View Post
I have NEVER heard a kid say they don't want to run the spread. That is like a HS basketball player not playing for his team because he doesn't like to fast break. Have you ever watched the bball played on playgrounds? Kids WANT to play fast--no matter what the sport.
Every kid is not a spread kid and every kid donít want to fast break if they know thatís not the type of skills they have.
Old 04-04-19, 03:12 PM
All Region

The Watcher 2.0 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghs57 View Post
I have watched Lance as a high school QB, an assistant coach, and as a head coach, and he has done an excellent job at all of his endeavors. Lance is a quality individual and will bring coaching talent(and wins) to Miamisburg for years to come. Congratulation's Lance. You are an excellent young man and a great mentor for young men. Good Luck in the future. Signed Football Fan(Steve Fisher)
Great mentors donít trash they kids. He once told his kids they was trying to get him fired because they was losing. So thatís the type of coach you want coaching your kids. They donít have a QB or RB that fits that scheme and the definitely donít have any spread WR they are gone.
Old 04-04-19, 05:40 PM
Junior Varsity

IrishBuckeye is an unknown quantity at this point
Watcher has had an agenda against Miamisburg ever since a certain DC got fired by the mustache a few years back.... crazy how these coincidences work out! Maybe he should start watching “them kids” down the road a little closer. Lord knows he’s got enough work to do.
Old 04-04-19, 10:11 PM
Junior Varsity

Jgraves is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishBuckeye View Post
Watcher has had an agenda against Miamisburg ever since a certain DC got fired by the mustache a few years back.... crazy how these coincidences work out! Maybe he should start watching “them kids” down the road a little closer. Lord knows he’s got enough work to do.
Well I don’t think that DC got fired, he left on his own. And since that DC that so called got fired wasn’t there and they haven’t made the playoffs since he been gone either. The Miamisburg people loved him, so try again lol. Yea he do have a lot of work to do. I don’t think he has a agenda against Miamisburg either so try again buddy

Last edited by Jgraves; 04-04-19 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-04-19, 10:22 PM
Junior Varsity

Jgraves is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishBuckeye View Post
Watcher has had an agenda against Miamisburg ever since a certain DC got fired by the mustache a few years back.... crazy how these coincidences work out! Maybe he should start watching ďthem kidsĒ down the road a little closer. Lord knows heís got enough work to do.
Well I donít think that DC got fired, he left on his own. And since that DC that so called got fired wasnít there and they havenít made the playoffs since he been gone either. The Miamisburg people loved him, so try again lol. Yea he do have a lot of work to do.
Old 04-05-19, 07:24 AM
Freshman

Titan16 is on a distinguished road
More talent than you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher 2.0 View Post
Great mentors donít trash they kids. He once told his kids they was trying to get him fired because they was losing. So thatís the type of coach you want coaching your kids. They donít have a QB or RB that fits that scheme and the definitely donít have any spread WR they are gone.
Everybody makes mstakes. Coach admits his mistakes, and has paid his dues. I think that Miamisburg has made a great hire. Only time will tell if thast hire translates into wins for the Burg. The GWOC is a very tough conference.

Burg has to develop a QB no doubt. There are a few kids that could end up being a quality player at thtat position. The RB and WR spots will be better than most people think. There is still a bunch of talented kids left in the program. The kids are fired up to play for Coach Scheider. I don't have a clue what their record will be at the end of the season. I do know that Coach Schneider will get the most out the players that he can. Give him a chance and see what he can do before downing him.
Old 04-08-19, 08:24 AM
All District

HSfootballfan21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgraves View Post
Well I donít think that DC got fired, he left on his own. And since that DC that so called got fired wasnít there and they havenít made the playoffs since he been gone either. The Miamisburg people loved him, so try again lol. Yea he do have a lot of work to do.
I don't think he was loved as much as you think he was. His defensive players loved him. He is a good guy and I hope he does well at WC but his secondaries were always awful! Anytime they played a passing team, Miamisburg got TORCHED! Against La Salle the WR's were going against Air. That is not the only game the secondary got torched. Every time played Springboro, Wayne, or any other passing team, it was like what the HeiL are they doing??
Old 04-14-19, 06:10 PM
Varsity

Talk some sense is on a distinguished road
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
So if the GWOC is such a great conference, what does that tell you about the GWOC? I agree BB. I will say though Northmont lost in the state championship in 81í as a member of GMVC. Other than that the only schools that have been there in basketball and football is Trotwood who no one wants to respect because their D3 bit has more quality athletes than any school on the conference and Wayne whoís has quality athletes as well!While all the other schools have over 500 boys but canít get 12 or 60 boys to win a championship.
Sorry but Wayne has represented very well at the state level. Final 4 in D1 football from SW is strong. Also, I believe they did nail a D1 BB championship as recently as 4 years ago.
Old 04-15-19, 06:51 AM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk some sense View Post
Sorry but Wayne has represented very well at the state level. Final 4 in D1 football from SW is strong. Also, I believe they did nail a D1 BB championship as recently as 4 years ago.
Read it again clearly and thoroughly.
Old 05-13-19, 11:02 AM
Hail To The Aviators

ButlerAviator83 is on a distinguished road
Recent Interview with Lance Schneider: https://pressprosmagazine.com/
Old 05-16-19, 07:39 AM
All Yappi

FBGuy is on a distinguished road
Things are running smoothly right now.
Old 05-17-19, 07:50 AM
All District

BlueBlood4Life is on a distinguished road
I am really looking forward to the next era of Burg football! As Lance mentioned in his interview, Channell made the program relevant, now I believe we have the right guy at the helm to keep improving.

Iím a little surprise there hasnít been more talk about how things are going this off season? It will be interesting to see who will be the signal caller for the Vikings next season. They have good numbers so Iím sure lance or his dad will be able to make a QB out of one of those boys!

What are peopleís thoughts as Eric Gillespie as the new DC? I donít know much about the guy other than he has coached at about every school in Dayton at some point it looks like. Not sure if that led a good sign or a bad sign?
Old 05-17-19, 08:16 AM
All Region

JustCallMeCoach is on a distinguished road
What are expectations for this coming season from a win/loss stand point?
Old 05-21-19, 01:13 PM
All District

BlueBlood4Life is on a distinguished road
I definitely think Coach Schneider has his work cut out for him this year. Tough schedule, plus a brand new offensive and defensive system will be interesting.

Iím going to guess they finish at 4-6 with wins over: Walnut Hills, Lebanon, Beavercreek, believe they upset someone for the 4th win.

Given his late start and lesser talent than previous years hopefully the community gives the coach time before thinking the sky is falling.
Old 05-21-19, 02:28 PM
Junior Varsity

Library55 is on a distinguished road
Good luck. He deserves a second chance.
Old 05-21-19, 09:06 PM
All Ohio

Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlood4Life View Post
I am really looking forward to the next era of Burg football! As Lance mentioned in his interview, Channell made the program relevant, now I believe we have the right guy at the helm to keep improving.

I’m a little surprise there hasn’t been more talk about how things are going this off season? It will be interesting to see who will be the signal caller for the Vikings next season. They have good numbers so I’m sure lance or his dad will be able to make a QB out of one of those boys!

What are people’s thoughts as Eric Gillespie as the new DC? I don’t know much about the guy other than he has coached at about every school in Dayton at some point it looks like. Not sure if that led a good sign or a bad sign?
Gillespie, in his 3 years as Fairborn HC 1999-01, had the 4th best coaching record of 17 coaches over 80 years that have coached at Fairborn, for what that is worth.
Old 05-22-19, 10:20 AM
All American

purplenova
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrox View Post
Congrats Coach Schneider and Miamisburg. Iíve been rooting for this move for some time. The Schneiderís will scrap the Wing T and go to a spread offense emphasizing RPOs and read options along with screen game. This offense will take time to install. Be patient Miamisburg fans, it will take 2-3 years to get the strength and conditioning program to where it needs to be to run this system. There will also be a culture change, a change for the good. There will be no shortcuts but when this program is up and running, in 2-3 years, it will be a regional power contending for state titles every year. Coach Schneider will be ridulously loyal to this community as it has given him a second chance. He also has deep family ties here, he will treat this job as well as anyone could. Miamisburg fans, you will love the product you will have. Just be patient and let him build it. You just hired one of the best coaches in southern Ohio.
Well - I sure hope the parents have the patience with him and the new offense. Burg wasnt successful in the past with a passing offense. hopefully coach can make a difference. I agree he is one of the best around, just hope the community will support the changes that are certainly coming.