Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-09-19, 12:15 PM
All District

CaptainA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrian Leopards View Post
I saw on twitter Stark county had a combine, tons of D2-D3 schools present. over 100+ Athletes came. Wonder how some of our boys did?
I hope the new staff made sure to have a presence there. I know many people's biggest complaint about DeMarco was that he didn't ahow up to events like this or get the kids enough exposure to get scholarships and what not. I bet old Conway was there chumming it up with all the college coaches and showing them that Louisville Leopards are a real hidden gem of stark county.
Old 05-09-19, 02:48 PM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
That would be a good thing.
Old 05-09-19, 08:37 PM
Freshman

Red-Lep is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkcountylegend View Post
I think Louisville will struggle while they ride out the next few years, I can't see the football team really being a threat in regards to the playoffs, if anything they will probably regress further as an Independent. Unless you're a Catholic powerhouse or Massillon, it's nearly impossible to construct a schedule on a yearly basis, that is not overtly difficult that it eliminates you from the playoff contention. What people are missing about not being in a league, is the damage it does to the off sports, or even basketball, basically these kids are only playing for the end of the season tournament, there are no titles to be won, no all league honors to be had without being in a league. I disagree, that in a couple of years things will be different in regards to league opportunities, what do you think will change? Not one team will walk away from the FED, hoping for the EBC to implode is unrealistic, sure, schools like Canton South have wanted out of the league, but there is nowhere for members of the EBC to go, with the exception of Salem. The Suburban League is not an option for Louisville, they will expand North if they add schools. Probably the only realistic league options for the Leopards, are to look at joining Boardman and Fitch, or look at the larger schools leaving the PTC,. History has not been kind to Independent programs in NE Ohio, outside of Massillon and Catholic Schools, perhaps Louisville can change that, but they are facing an uphill battle.
Heard a rumor today that Louisville is in beginning talks with a group of schools to form a league for football and basketball only. Any truth to this rumor?
Old 05-10-19, 09:39 AM
All American

Wrestling245 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkcountylegend View Post
I think Louisville will struggle while they ride out the next few years, I can't see the football team really being a threat in regards to the playoffs, if anything they will probably regress further as an Independent. Unless you're a Catholic powerhouse or Massillon, it's nearly impossible to construct a schedule on a yearly basis, that is not overtly difficult that it eliminates you from the playoff contention. What people are missing about not being in a league, is the damage it does to the off sports, or even basketball, basically these kids are only playing for the end of the season tournament, there are no titles to be won, no all league honors to be had without being in a league. I disagree, that in a couple of years things will be different in regards to league opportunities, what do you think will change? Not one team will walk away from the FED, hoping for the EBC to implode is unrealistic, sure, schools like Canton South have wanted out of the league, but there is nowhere for members of the EBC to go, with the exception of Salem. The Suburban League is not an option for Louisville, they will expand North if they add schools. Probably the only realistic league options for the Leopards, are to look at joining Boardman and Fitch, or look at the larger schools leaving the PTC,. History has not been kind to Independent programs in NE Ohio, outside of Massillon and Catholic Schools, perhaps Louisville can change that, but they are facing an uphill battle.
Couldn’t have said it any better. +1
Old 05-10-19, 01:30 PM
Freshman

Starkcountylegend is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Lep View Post
Heard a rumor today that Louisville is in beginning talks with a group of schools to form a league for football and basketball only. Any truth to this rumor?
If there is any truth to the rumor, then it would have to be teams outside of Stark County. I was under the impression that Louisville had no interest in a league involving Wooster, Dover and Philly, and I see no benefit for Louisville to join the 5 team league in Mahoning County, playing Boardman, Fitch, Harding, especially when it's well known that Canfield desperately wants out of the league, if they go Howland will follow. I still think outside of remaining an Indy, the FED is probably the only option.
Old 05-10-19, 09:25 PM
Freshman

Actually, the schools involved in the discussion are Ursuline, Mooney, Chaney, East, Howland, Canfield and Central Catholic. Just football and basketball.
Old 05-11-19, 06:25 AM
All World

SteelValley
Canfield will never be in a league with Mooney unless something changes with their administration. So I have to question the validity of that rumor. If they would we’d probably see a Youngstown area league of the 5 mentioned Ytown/Warren Schools + Mooney and Ursuline.

Sounds somewhat like the re-vamped SVC I’ve been hearing about Rick Shepas pushing except take out Canfield and Howland and add in Fitch, Boardman and Harding from what I heard.

At this point, from Boardman’s perspective, I’m thinking just re-launching the old SVC may be the best /only option. Canfield has too many hang-ups with other schools or playing more than 1 or 2 of the old svc schools in football. So I don’t things will ever work with them in a full sport local league. Howland would prefer to be in a D-4/5 league vs D-2/3 it seems. In both cases it’s mainly football driven - they know joining an SVC re-boot will be a struggle. So unless they can omit football from conference it probably doesn’t work for either of them.

Last edited by SteelValley; 05-11-19 at 06:38 AM.
Old 05-11-19, 08:16 AM
Junior Varsity

third down is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Actually, the schools involved in the discussion are Ursuline, Mooney, Chaney, East, Howland, Canfield and Central Catholic. Just football and basketball.
I have heard zip zero zilch, which doesn't mean it didn't happen. A discussion is completely believable. D3-4-5 football. Obviously the partial group being discussed with Boardman Fitch and Harding would lessen travel and be believable as well. However I would believe the above arrangement has a bit more traction in a conversation...but travel would have to be the major hang up. Football scheduling weeks 6-10 can be difficult and the travel some schools are doing now may lessen with an arrangement such as this. Are any of the schools listed even in a league? Discussion - the ADs are all talking to schedule games anyhow in all sports, guess when you are independent and you are talking to the same schools over and over again it could easily lead to a group discussion.
Old 05-11-19, 05:51 PM
All American

simkon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by third down View Post
Are any of the schools listed even in a league? Discussion - the ADs are all talking to schedule games anyhow in all sports, guess when you are independent and you are talking to the same schools over and over again it could easily lead to a group discussion.
I think Ursuline, Mooney, East and Chaney started their own league.
Howland, Canfield, Fitch, Harding, Boardman are all still technically in the All-American Conference, but it doesn't really exist except for possibly in sports other than football where they may still schedule each other for convenience.
Also Canfield will not join a league with Mooney and Ursuline anytime soon, Howland may be a different story since their finances may persuade them to play in a local league as a cost saving measure.
Old 05-12-19, 06:41 AM
Freshman

I am sure the rumor of there being discussions of a football and basketball league came from the ADs talking about open dates but I do see the advantages it could have for the schools listed. The conference would offer better competition than the NE8 and EBC. It avoids having to join a league like the Fed or include the 3 big Y-Town schools which would likely keep you out of playoffs. Old politics and dreams of leagues that don't exist will keep schools like Canfield out but being independent is not going to be a win for these ADs either
Old 05-13-19, 08:21 AM
Varsity

generalisimo is on a distinguished road
Not trying to rain on anybody's parade, but this seems like a real long shot. If it's too far to drive to Dover or Wooster how is it suddenly OK to drive to Youngstown ? Although that may not look so bad after a few trips to Point Pleasant.
Old 05-13-19, 01:38 PM
All American

simkon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by generalisimo View Post
Not trying to rain on anybody's parade, but this seems like a real long shot. If it's too far to drive to Dover or Wooster how is it suddenly OK to drive to Youngstown ? Although that may not look so bad after a few trips to Point Pleasant.
Canfield is definitely closer to Louisville than Wooster. Canfield is only 35 miles, while Wooster is around 45 miles. Actually a few of the Youngstown area teams are closer but some would be further than Wooster. Some are less miles but slightly longer drive times just due to traffic.
Dover is definitely the closest though at only about 30 miles. FWIW Akron would be comparable in distance and drive time to Dover.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-19, 01:59 PM
All District

bodiaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I can assure you the Central Catholic would not even consider such a league for either football or basketball. Central is not going to give up its backyard brawl with Perry, or STA, the fan base would really have no desire to travel to the Youngstown area three or four time a year for football, as well ac CCC being by far the smallest school in your proposed league. I know that the only league that Central would even consider would be if the EBC would invite them, and even then I think it would be 50/50 if they would accept. Enrollment in the feeder programs has been down for the past five years
Old 05-13-19, 02:53 PM
All Region

basselope is on a distinguished road
Louisville should be campaigning to join the Federal League and commit to a long term agreement.
Old 05-14-19, 09:15 PM
All District

CaptainA is on a distinguished road
How do you think the leps will fair against the paper tigers this year?
Old 05-14-19, 09:47 PM
All Ohio

Ville-ified is on a distinguished road
Hopefully not another running clock, but almost certainly a loss.
Old 05-15-19, 06:25 AM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
I don't expect a win but surely hope for them to be more competitive.
Old 05-15-19, 07:22 AM
Varsity

I would hope they play hard. stay focused, and compete for the entire game If they do that 10 times next year I think the results will be alright.
Old 05-17-19, 08:03 AM
Varsity

What are your ideas record wise. I'm thinking maybe 7-3.