Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-11-19, 08:18 AM
Varsity

Chisel is on a distinguished road
Central buckeye conference favorites 2019

I don’t know much about the mad river side so feel free to fill me in on what that sides looking like. Coming off an average year for the CBC this year should be just the opposite of average. The Kenton trail side could get maybe 3 teams to week 11 this year with the amount of playoff points on the table and great players returning. The league favorite has to Be Bellefontaine just for the fact they’ve won It the past 3 years and if not for injuries would’ve been able to make it to week 11 and they return almost every starter.Jonathon alder will bring in there best team since being in the CBC but the one thing that I feel like holds them back is coaching they probably should have won it last year but never played up to the standard in big games. Idk much about London other than the fact they beat Clinton Massie in the playoffs and anyone that can do that is usually pretty dang good. Shawnee and KR have quality athletes with terrible offensive and defensive line play but wouldn’t be surprised if they could steal a game from the top 3. After all that who are teams top players this year and who is In your opinions the “favorite” this year
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-19, 09:15 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Seems to me that Massie would be a perfect fit in the CBC.
Old 05-12-19, 02:25 PM
All Ohio

bcw is on a distinguished road
1 hr 36 mins from Bellefontaine by car. Thatís like saying an Indiana School, North of Bowling Green, or Newark are good fits for the league.
Old 05-12-19, 02:37 PM
All Yappi

Because the whole league revolves around Bellefontaine.
Old 05-12-19, 03:55 PM
All Ohio

You obviously understand that putting a charter school with huge ties to most of the league in a bad situation is a dumb idea.

In case you don’t.....

Ben Logan to Massie is 1 hour and 40 minutes by car
Indian Lake to Massie is 1 hour and 40 minutes by car.
Graham to Massie is 1 hour and 15 minutes by car.
North Union to Massie is 1 hour and 50 minutes by car.
Northwestern To Massie is 1 hour and 6 minutes by car.
Urbana to Massie is 1 hour and 9 minutes by car.
Jonathan Alder to Massie is 1 hour and 15 minutes by car.

The closest schools to Massie are London and Shawnee are 50+ minutes.

You call it a “perfect fit”. All schools involved would call it an awful idea.
Old 05-12-19, 05:02 PM
All Yappi

Charter School? It was simply an observation but you fee the need to get butt hurt about a simple post and go all postal.
Charter School? So you know what a charter school is, right? I really could care less.
Old 05-12-19, 10:43 PM
All Ohio

I know a little about charter schools and charter members. Regardless of my poor wording, Massie was a bad idea. Let’s move on to the football
Old 05-13-19, 08:46 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
London has to be the favorite unless they lose an absolute boatload of talent and cannot restock.

Indian Lake played much better in the second part of the season until their QB got knocked out against Urbana. It seemed part way through the season the coaching staff figured out that the homerun deep ball isn't a very effective play to build your offense around.

Once they started to go the short and intermediate passing game with the occasional deep ball their offense really started moving. Their QB got beat up pretty good last year but he showed a tremendous amount of toughness in keep getting up and playing. Believe the thing that finally got to him was a head injury that kept him out late in the season.

I see them taking their division next year.
Old 05-13-19, 10:58 AM
Varsity

Pigskin is on a distinguished road
Kenton Trail - London is the team to beat.

Mad River - Probably Northwestern. They lost some good seniors, but they have a nice stable of linemen coming back. Ben Logan will continue to be down. Urbana just doesnt have enough players anymore to sustain success. Indian Lake will probably rebound. Graham is Graham. North Union will be the wildcard. I suspect they will be pretty good.

So London, Northwestern or North Union.
Old 05-13-19, 11:57 AM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Give me London and Indian Lake as divisional favorites. London lost a major stud at RB but should be very, very strong in the sophomore and junior classes this year. I'd be surprised if they aren't as good as and probably better than last year the next couple of years.
Old 05-13-19, 12:51 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigskin View Post
Kenton Trail - London is the team to beat.

Mad River - Probably Northwestern. They lost some good seniors, but they have a nice stable of linemen coming back. Ben Logan will continue to be down. Urbana just doesnt have enough players anymore to sustain success. Indian Lake will probably rebound. Graham is Graham. North Union will be the wildcard. I suspect they will be pretty good.

So London, Northwestern or North Union.
I thought Ben Logan had some talent last year but wow they were extremely undisciplined in the game I saw them in. I would say their 3-4 unsportsmanlike penalties cost them the game (1 kid got tossed for his second time mouthing off to the officials). The one that got them was IL was facing a 4th and 1 VERY late in the game and the kid popped off well after the play to the officials and gave IL a first down.
Old 05-13-19, 04:17 PM
Varsity

Chisel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
Give me London and Indian Lake as divisional favorites. London lost a major stud at RB but should be very, very strong in the sophomore and junior classes this year. I'd be surprised if they aren't as good as and probably better than last year the next couple of years.
Do you know what London has Returning as far as production
Old 05-13-19, 08:10 PM
All World

troyboy73 is on a distinguished road
Jonathan Alder