Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-19-18, 02:04 PM
All American

unbiased1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Southwest Ohio, I said play, not start. Not sure why you seem so annoying and “in the know” on all of our opinions. You must have a kid on the team and feel you are a beater coach, than Coach Ullery.

Did not know he was hurt and I’m sure the qb’s will both get a shot.
Old 08-19-18, 07:54 PM
Varsity

SouthWestOhio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbiased1 View Post
Southwest Ohio, I said play, not start. Not sure why you seem so annoying and “in the know” on all of our opinions. You must have a kid on the team and feel you are a beater coach, than Coach Ullery.

Did not know he was hurt and I’m sure the qb’s will both get a shot.
Nope, I just dig thru the garbage at the field and in the locker room! Sorry I annoy you with my knowledge. It may be that you do not know all that you think you know...i point that out and it is annoying to you...sorry.
Old 08-20-18, 08:10 AM
All Region

ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthWestOhio View Post
There won't be two Freshman starting for C-ville. Ones hurt and the other is not ready yet. My guess is Ullery goes with the Senior to at least start the game at QB.
What happened to frosh DL? Why is frosh QB not ready yet? I was hearing both frosh were projected to start.
Old 08-20-18, 09:14 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
What happened to frosh DL? Why is frosh QB not ready yet? I was hearing both frosh were projected to start.
The shoulder issue he had in the off season is back. I believe he posted as such on social media so not spilling his business. The Freshman QB looks ok and is getting better. He has never really run the ball, especially up the middle or really been tackled, at least tackled by an 18 year old. They did not let them run or be tackled in the scrimmages. C-ville ran the ball a lot last year from the QB position. Ullery may start the kid but the safe move would be to see how the senior handles the game and go from there. He may play in the first game but I think the senior should get the nod to start. But that is just my opinion.
Old 08-20-18, 10:54 AM
All Region

Quote:
The shoulder issue he had in the off season is back. I believe he posted as such on social media so not spilling his business. The Freshman QB looks ok and is getting better. He has never really run the ball, especially up the middle or really been tackled, at least tackled by an 18 year old. They did not let them run or be tackled in the scrimmages. C-ville ran the ball a lot last year from the QB position. Ullery may start the kid but the safe move would be to see how the senior handles the game and go from there. He may play in the first game but I think the senior should get the nod to start. But that is just my opinion.
How long is he out? I thought he was one of the better DL this year. I agree on the QBs since neither got tackled in the scrimmages. It is a whole different game when the lights come on and the defense is trying to take your head off.
Old 08-20-18, 09:12 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
How long is he out? I thought he was one of the better DL this year. I agree on the QBs since neither got tackled in the scrimmages. It is a whole different game when the lights come on and the defense is trying to take your head off.
It was reported on the wrestling board that he's looking at 6 months. I have no first hand knowledge, just what's reported there.
Old 08-21-18, 05:56 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
It was reported on the wrestling board that he's looking at 6 months. I have no first hand knowledge, just what's reported there.
That is a big loss for Elks DL
Old 08-27-18, 11:45 AM
Freshman

50 Tough is on a distinguished road
Does this Fairmont loss by Alter make us feel better or worse?? Personally it scares the hell outta me b/c that Alter defense did a great job other than that last series. Alter offense will fix the mistakes. I've got Alter taking week 3
Old 08-27-18, 12:13 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Tough View Post
Does this Fairmont loss by Alter make us feel better or worse?? Personally it scares the hell outta me b/c that Alter defense did a great job other than that last series. Alter offense will fix the mistakes. I've got Alter taking week 3
Alter v Fairmont is the battle of the 40 yr old offense. Who knows how good or bad the pass D is for either team? Fairmont did not do a great job when Alter decided to pass in the two min drill before half and then forgot that that happened.
Old 08-27-18, 12:14 PM
Varsity

Quote:
That is a big loss for Elks DL
The Freshman did play BTW. Got a different DR to say he was ok. They call that the second opinion.
Old 08-27-18, 12:21 PM
Freshman

50 Tough is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Alter v Fairmont is the battle of the 40 yr old offense. Who knows how good or bad the pass D is for either team? Fairmont did not do a great job when Alter decided to pass in the two min drill before half and then forgot that that happened.
Agree that Fairmont's D didn''t handle that pass, but can Alter's. Personally I think so because the only completion all game by Fairmont was a great catch in fine coverage.
Old 08-27-18, 01:33 PM
All Region

Quote:
The Freshman did play BTW. Got a different DR to say he was ok. They call that the second opinion.
I was surprised to see him Friday, but the kid is a beast. It was fun to watch both frosh play Friday. The future looks very bright for the Elks.
Old 08-31-18, 09:11 AM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Who all did the Elks scrimmage in the pre season that would resemble a running offense that could be similiar vs Alter? Lakota West and Fairfield are spread and Alter is run first. Curious to see if their defense has any practice against an run oriented team
Old 08-31-18, 09:59 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Who all did the Elks scrimmage in the pre season that would resemble a running offense that could be similiar vs Alter? Lakota West and Fairfield are spread and Alter is run first. Curious to see if their defense has any practice against an run oriented team
Elks scrimmaged Middletown, Butler, Mt. Healthy, and Hamilton. Everyone ran from the shotgun and used some read-option but mostly spread. We will see the triple-option with Alter, Fairmont, and Beavercreek this year.