Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Moeller Crusaders

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-21-18, 02:14 PM
Junior Varsity

BigMoeFTW is on a distinguished road
Just learned that kickoffs are being eliminated for freshman teams and all punts have to be fair caught or not caught at all (no advancing).
Old 08-22-18, 08:03 AM
All District

Redskins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
The game is changing and will continue to change. I also heard that the Frosh are playing 5th quarters this year. Hopefully they do that for all their games. I think that is better than playing B-games. Here we are week one of the season and no Game Talk. Either you all have given up on the boys already or no interest in the Canadian's? Let's talk some Football!!!! The O-Line is the key to being successful.
Old 08-22-18, 09:51 AM
All District

scotty99 is on a distinguished road
Starting lineup prediction. Maybe missing some names
QB: Mckenzie, Verdon/Caudil, Cloud (JV)
RB: Watkins/Ross/Berry/Rotello/White ?
TE/WR: Bradfish/Mckracken
TE (blocker): Boggs
WR: Land
WR: Valentine
Slot: Khayo
LT: Carpenter
LG: Richter
C: Malone
RG: Lunsford-Staples
RT: Dixon

Edge: Mullaney
DT: Merrit
NG: Choi
DE: Jacon-Duffy
LB: Szabados, Dogget, A. Shaw
LB: Toefer, D. Shaw
OLB: Craft, Owens
SS: Junker
FS: Lampert
CB: Hendrix
CB: Deyhle?
Old 08-23-18, 07:43 AM
Junior Varsity

Julian and Ricky is on a distinguished road
Ross and Berry will be getting the bulk of the tailback carries tomorrow night. Watkins will be used as a fullback.
Old 08-23-18, 08:13 AM
All District

Thank you Mr. Berry......I mean Julian and Ricky.
Old 08-23-18, 08:34 AM
Junior Varsity

I had a dream last night that the original 'block' M returned to the helmet and it was amazing.
Old 08-23-18, 10:34 AM
All District

it would be nice to see them come out tomorrow or the X game with the Block M on the helmet instead of the shield. If I were Rosfeld I would do this at sometime this year. Can't hurt and Alumni and MFAN would love it!
Old 08-23-18, 11:21 AM
All Ohio

bluengoldblinders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoeFTW View Post
I had a dream last night that the original 'block' M returned to the helmet and it was amazing.
I like the new logo and I love the change in culture that Doug is implementing.

I don't know how old some of you all are, but I played in the late 90s and I could care less that they updated the helmets, it was about time.

Truly staggering the school was using like 18 different logos, apparently some of you all never paid attention in business school.

All I want is for them to get rid of those hideous gold uniforms that must have been new last year and going forward, hope we 3 of the same jerseys and pants. Navy, gold and white. Keep it simple.

Best of luck to the team, coaching staff and the families as we start the 2018 season!

Go Big Moe!!!
Old 08-23-18, 11:46 AM
Junior Varsity

Julian and Ricky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins1 View Post
Thank you Mr. Berry......I mean Julian and Ricky.
Thank you Mr. Hughes...…..I mean Redskins1
Old 08-23-18, 12:02 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengoldblinders View Post
I like the new logo and I love the change in culture that Doug is implementing.

I don't know how old some of you all are, but I played in the late 90s and I could care less that they updated the helmets, it was about time.

Truly staggering the school was using like 18 different logos, apparently some of you all never paid attention in business school.

All I want is for them to get rid of those hideous gold uniforms that must have been new last year and going forward, hope we 3 of the same jerseys and pants. Navy, gold and white. Keep it simple.

Best of luck to the team, coaching staff and the families as we start the 2018 season!

Go Big Moe!!!
I am all for the new logo too but that helmet is an iconic symbol in high school football all over the country. No problem with the new logo on the jersey, pants, etc. Tomorrow will be a special day for the new coaching staff and players. GBM.

Last edited by BigMoeFTW; 08-23-18 at 12:40 PM.
Old 08-23-18, 12:24 PM
All District

BigMoeFTW you are 100% correct! Use the shield logo but keep the iconic Block M on the helmet. With Doug being a Moeller Grad I hope he works to change just the helmet back to the Block M. GBM!
Old 08-23-18, 02:39 PM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
BigMoeFTW you are 100% correct! Use the shield logo but keep the iconic Block M on the helmet. With Doug being a Moeller Grad I hope he works to change just the helmet back to the Block M. GBM!
This! Put the Damn block M back on the helmet.
Old 08-23-18, 03:13 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
I love the shield and the M logo on helmet- think it is distinctive (a lot of other M teams out there) and sharp. I also really like the grey unis
Old 08-23-18, 07:03 PM
Junior Varsity

Naughty America is on a distinguished road
The shield is gay. People think Moeller's old logo was confusing because it looked like Michigan's but 1. Moeller's logo had the word Moeller on it so people who thought it was Michigan obviously can't read and 2. Moeller had an M on their helmets and Michigan has their thing so I think anyone who saw a Moeller helmet and thought it was Michigan has no understanding of football whatsoever.
Old 08-23-18, 07:38 PM
Varsity

Fake Taxi is on a distinguished road
Fake Taxi's QB Camp Depth Chart vs. Football North (ON)
Expect a lot of QBs getting in tomorrow night if the Crusaders can take care of business.

1. Mitch McKenzie (Sr.)/Daniel Caudill (Jr.)
3. Malik Verdon (So.)
4. TJ Rotello (So.)

I personally think Rotello is better than Verdon but he's playing RB now. I think tomorrow would be a good opportunity to get him reps at both QB and RB just to see how he looks. I bet the coaches are thinking the exact same thing.
Old 08-24-18, 08:11 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughty America View Post
The shield is gay[/B][/B][/B][/B]. People think Moeller's old logo was confusing because it looked like Michigan's but 1. Moeller's logo had the word Moeller on it so people who thought it was Michigan obviously can't read and 2. Moeller had an M on their helmets and Michigan has their thing so I think anyone who saw a Moeller helmet and thought it was Michigan has no understanding of football whatsoever.
I couldn't agree with you more Naughty America! Instead of embracing Moeller someone thought they needed to put their stamp on Moeller by coming up with "The Shield". We spent a lot of money on a logo that we didn't need. That money could have went to something that we really need.

On another note: I hear that they are having a pizza party back at school tonight after the game? Can anyone confirm? Will they be serving beer? GBM!!!
Old 08-24-18, 08:34 AM
Junior Varsity

Crusaders host Clarkson North as Rosfeld era begins

Moeller plays first Week 1 home game in 23 years

The Archbishop Moeller Crusaders football team begins the 2018 campaign Friday by hosting Clarkson North from Ontario at Grein Field at Roettger Stadium for a 7 p.m. kickoff on Friday night. This will be the Crusaders first Week 1 home game since 1995.

The game on Friday night will also mark the beginning of the Doug Rosfeld era as the Crusaders new head coach. Rosfeld will look to become the fifth coach in Archbishop Moeller history to win his first game as head coach.

Clarkson North is coming off a year where they finished 4-6 under Head coach Larry Jusdanis. Jusdanis is entering his third year with Clarkson North, where he has an 8-11 career record. The Crusaders are the first of three teams that Clarkson North will face from the Greater Catholic League South division this year. Clarkson North will face Elder on Friday, September 7th and St. Xavier on Friday, October 12th.

Clarkson North will be the fifth different team from Canada the Crusaders have faced in their history. The Crusaders are 5-0 in their previous games versus teams from north of the border.
Old 08-24-18, 09:46 AM
All Ohio

bluengoldblinders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I couldn't agree with you more Naughty America! Instead of embracing Moeller someone thought they needed to put their stamp on Moeller by coming up with "The Shield". We spent a lot of money on a logo that we didn't need. That money could have went to something that we really need.

On another note: I hear that they are having a pizza party back at school tonight after the game? Can anyone confirm? Will they be serving beer? GBM!!!
If you who someone said you were, you still got a kid there...if you hate the school logo so bad, why don’t you go take it up with the President of the school?

I agree with Hyzdu about streamlining the branding, funny you mention him “embracing” Moeller...are you clueless? He’s of a Moeller family and wore the old helmet, so it’s obvious you know not what you speak of.
Old 08-24-18, 10:52 AM
All District

I'm not Matt Hughes but I do know him and he is a good man. This is a forum where people can speak their opinion and some, like you bluengoldblinders, like the new logo. Others like myself and Naughty America do not. Why change something that wasn't broken? Like someone else said use the shield logo but allow football, baseball and any other team to use the block M. The block M is iconic and was a staple of Moeller High Sool and the Football Program. As a businessman it didn't make sense to me to spend all that money to "re-brand" something that didn't need to be re-branded. Now for the important thing.....is there a Pizza Party tonight at Moeller after the game? GBM!
Old 08-24-18, 10:54 AM
Junior Varsity

Per the podcast, yes there will be something in the cafeteria after the game.
Old 08-24-18, 08:10 PM
Freshman

Skulls & Stars is on a distinguished road
Is anyone else having an issue with the Moeller
Live stream feed? It seems to time stop about every 90 seconds.
Old 08-25-18, 11:14 AM
All American

birdog is on a distinguished road
Moe vs. Clarkson North

Give the band an A+. If it weren't for them, I might have fallen asleep. I would give the defense a C+. A few too many dropped errant passes. Run defense was pretty stout. Pass defense was not that great as the North QB was off on a lot of his throws. Offense gets a C-. Inside running game was OK. Outside running game was virtually non existent. Passing game warrants a D. No separation by wide outs and QB was off all night. Seven for twenty something for 68 yards will not get it done long term. Special teams gets a B. Need to shore up the snap and hold in order to take advantage of the kickers leg. A W is a W, but it is obvious there needs to be a lot of improvement going into week two. I did like the fact that the QB was under center for most of the snaps. This should pay dividends in short yardage situations. The O coordinator needs to bag that pitch to the slot back as it takes way too long to develop. It would be more effective to go wildcat if you are looking to get #6 in space. Coaching merits a B+. I thought they did a good job keeping the boys focused. In case anyone is interested, Trinity comes in at 0-2. Lawrence Central goes down to Bishop Chatard to go to 0-2. GBM
Old 08-25-18, 02:52 PM
All American

The Game
It was good to start the season off with a win. It is hard to gauge a lot from that game. The Canada team had some good athletes and size, but those teams have traditionally struggled against teams from the States. Agree with birddog that the offense must improve moving forward and it will have to be quickly. Trinity is 0-2 but they are a really good team. Their losses are against some of the top teams in Indiana. They were both close losses. Their game against Warren Central was on ESPN last night and they lost in the final minute. Needless to say they are going to come in hungry. Big Moe will have to be ready!
Old 08-25-18, 04:16 PM
Junior Varsity

Casting Couch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdog View Post
Give the band an A+. If it weren't for them, I might have fallen asleep. I would give the defense a C+. A few too many dropped errant passes. Run defense was pretty stout. Pass defense was not that great as the North QB was off on a lot of his throws. Offense gets a C-. Inside running game was OK. Outside running game was virtually non existent. Passing game warrants a D. No separation by wide outs and QB was off all night. Seven for twenty something for 68 yards will not get it done long term. Special teams gets a B. Need to shore up the snap and hold in order to take advantage of the kickers leg. A W is a W, but it is obvious there needs to be a lot of improvement going into week two. I did like the fact that the QB was under center for most of the snaps. This should pay dividends in short yardage situations. The O coordinator needs to bag that pitch to the slot back as it takes way too long to develop. It would be more effective to go wildcat if you are looking to get #6 in space. Coaching merits a B+. I thought they did a good job keeping the boys focused. In case anyone is interested, Trinity comes in at 0-2. Lawrence Central goes down to Bishop Chatard to go to 0-2. GBM
Birdog your paragraph just perfectly described what's wrong with Moeller these days. For as long as I can remember the Moeller band was awful and they barely had more than 20 members but we were always successful on the football field. Moeller is trying too hard to cater to everyone instead of just athletes like what they used to do. They need to cut out all the remarkable BS and focus on athletics like the Moeller that we all know and love.
Old 08-25-18, 04:42 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casting Couch View Post
Birdog your paragraph just perfectly described what's wrong with Moeller these days. For as long as I can remember the Moeller band was awful and they barely had more than 20 members but we were always successful on the football field. Moeller is trying too hard to cater to everyone instead of just athletes like what they used to do. They need to cut out all the remarkable BS and focus on athletics like the Moeller that we all know and love.
What an enlightened opinion...

Since Moeller football last won a state championship back in 2013, 5 other Crusader teams have won the OHSAA title- Baseball, golf, basketball, lacrosse and volleyball. They are very focused on athletics still- very few schools are fortunate enough to have such a stellar athletics history.

The band was a treat, the student section and the Cavalry did a great job and stuck around for a very boring 2nd half. The Canadians had some HUGE boys!
Old 08-25-18, 07:38 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
What an enlightened opinion...

Since Moeller football last won a state championship back in 2013, 5 other Crusader teams have won the OHSAA title- Baseball, golf, basketball, lacrosse and volleyball. They are very focused on athletics still- very few schools are fortunate enough to have such a stellar athletics history.

The band was a treat, the student section and the Cavalry did a great job and stuck around for a very boring 2nd half. The Canadians had some HUGE boys!
I do have to admit I love the Moeller student sections but you have to realize there's a lot of basketball/baseball/etc. athletes in there and at basketball games there's a lot of football players in the student section. I think it's great that all the athletes are willing to support other athletes. While there's been some athletic success in other sports recently, we have to be honest that football and basketball and baseball a little bit are the main sports at Moeller and pretty much most other schools. Up until this year the baseball team struggled in the playoffs and football has struggled too while basketball has been very successful. I think what Moeller needs to do is make more of an effort to cater to football and baseball kids to ensure more success in the near future.
Old 08-25-18, 08:09 PM
All American

Quote:
I do have to admit I love the Moeller student sections but you have to realize there's a lot of basketball/baseball/etc. athletes in there and at basketball games there's a lot of football players in the student section. I think it's great that all the athletes are willing to support other athletes. While there's been some athletic success in other sports recently, we have to be honest that football and basketball and baseball a little bit are the main sports at Moeller and pretty much most other schools. Up until this year the baseball team struggled in the playoffs and football has struggled too while basketball has been very successful. I think what Moeller needs to do is make more of an effort to cater to football and baseball kids to ensure more success in the near future.
I genuinely hope this is a joke?! Moeller needs to cater to baseball and football kids? Solid plan.
The student section is made up of Moeller students of all walks- including ‘gasp’ non athletes!
Of course football at Moeller is important, no one is questioning that. Knocking the other sports/interests of the students isnt necessary. The jabs at Hyzdu are noted by the above posters.
Old 08-25-18, 08:13 PM
Varsity

Class of 94 is on a distinguished road
I listened to the game and couldn't really tell if the offensive line was struggling or if it was the QB. No way to win games with this schedule going 7-22 for 68yards. Outside of a couple non GCL games won last year, QB has been a big problem area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdog View Post
Old 08-25-18, 08:34 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
I genuinely hope this is a joke?! Moeller needs to cater to baseball and football kids? Solid plan.
The student section is made up of Moeller students of all walks- including ‘gasp’ non athletes!
Of course football at Moeller is important, no one is questioning that. Knocking the other sports/interests of the students isnt necessary. The jabs at Hyzdu are noted by the above posters.
Everyone knows Moeller is a sports school, even the non-athletes and the band kids. Lots of non-athletes go to games because they go to a school where a huge emphasis is placed on sports. Moeller needs to do what they can to keep the three main sports up. A lot of the other sports are more cyclical but they can usually always make deep playoff runs. The thing about the non-main sports is that most of the people that pay attention to are players, coaches, and parents of said sports. Not saying other sports are lesser they just garner less attention than football basketball and baseball.
Old 08-25-18, 08:52 PM
All American

Quote:
Everyone knows Moeller is a sports school, even the non-athletes and the band kids. Lots of non-athletes go to games because they go to a school where a huge emphasis is placed on sports. Moeller needs to do what they can to keep the three main sports up. A lot of the other sports are more cyclical but they can usually always make deep playoff runs. The thing about the non-main sports is that most of the people that pay attention to are players, coaches, and parents of said sports. Not saying other sports are lesser they just garner less attention than football basketball and baseball.
That I don’t disagree with- very different than your original post of catering to certain athletes. I don’t see how having a strong band or volleyball team or art program diminishes football- all the variety makes it a better school, not worse.