Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-30-19, 06:34 PM
Varsity

Abdullah is on a distinguished road
Question Anyone Going To Final X?

Either New Jersey or Nebraska event?

I will be at both. Should be amazing competition. Looking forward to all the displays of wrestling ability.

Will anyone be attending? If so, please respond in here. I will not have much free time but grateful for opportunities to meet the great wrestling community.

Whether attending or not, please give thoughts on the match ups. I am most looking forward to

Gwiazdowski-Stevenson
Yianni-Zane
Cox-Nickal (I do not believe Nickal has style for international success but humble enough to admit I'm wrong if he can give Cox a match.)

Then of course watching Burroughs and Snyder is always privilege. My two favorite American wrestlers.

Alhamdulillah
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-19, 08:40 PM
All Yappi

bdhof will become famous soon enough
You'll see some great wrestling. Enjoy. I went to the NCAA tourney in 2018 in Cleveland, my first one since 1975, and had a great time. Altho, it would have been a more enjoyable if tOSU could have pulled it off. If they bring the Open, WTT or Final X to Ohio in the future I'll try to make it. But that could be a few years, maybe longer.
Old 05-30-19, 10:01 PM
All World

Yankeefan33 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhof View Post
You'll see some great wrestling. Enjoy. I went to the NCAA tourney in 2018 in Cleveland, my first one since 1975, and had a great time. Altho, it would have been a more enjoyable if tOSU could have pulled it off. If they bring the Open, WTT or Final X to Ohio in the future I'll try to make it. But that could be a few years, maybe longer.
That was my first NCAAs ever and loved it. I'm actually only about a 5.5 hour drive from Final X Rutgers but unfortunately have to work. Will definitely be trying to get over to Olympic Trials at Penn State next year.
Old 05-31-19, 01:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeefan33 View Post
That was my first NCAAs ever and loved it. I'm actually only about a 5.5 hour drive from Final X Rutgers but unfortunately have to work. Will definitely be trying to get over to Olympic Trials at Penn State next year.
That should be some crazy wrestling next year, especially at 86kg with no one, other than perhaps Downey (if he medals this year) sitting out for Final X. We could see Taylor, Dake, Ringer, Cox, and others all competing here. Of course, there'll be a debate over where these guys go (74kg or 97kg), and you could add in folks like Nickal, Valencia, Hall as well.
Old 05-31-19, 02:22 PM
All World

Yankeefan33 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That should be some crazy wrestling next year, especially at 86kg with no one, other than perhaps Downey (if he medals this year) sitting out for Final X. We could see Taylor, Dake, Ringer, Cox, and others all competing here. Of course, there'll be a debate over where these guys go (74kg or 97kg), and you could add in folks like Nickal, Valencia, Hall as well.
So I think (if I read the info right) there isn't a Final X next year. It's just the challenge tourney day 1 and the final best of 3 series day 2. Which is pretty insane and will make the bye to the finals even more important.

http://content.themat.com/forms/2020-OLY-MFS.pdf
Old 06-01-19, 07:50 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
So I think (if I read the info right) there isn't a Final X next year. It's just the challenge tourney day 1 and the final best of 3 series day 2. Which is pretty insane and will make the bye to the finals even more important.

If I were attending I would much prefer this format. No need to travel to two events to see the finals.
Old 06-01-19, 08:04 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

3. REMOVAL OF ATHLETES
3.1. Prior to entry by name to the Local Organizing Committee by the USOC, USA Wrestling has jurisdiction over potential nominees.
An athlete who is to be nominated to the Team by USA Wrestling may be removed for any of the following reasons, as determined by USA Wrestling:
3.1.4. Violation of USA Wrestling’s Code of Conduct (Attachment A).

This is the Pat Downey clause. With all of the turmoil that has surrounded him, almost all of which is of his own doing, you have to wonder if he can keep his head straight and make it to the Worlds w/o getting kicked off the team. I hope he does b/c he's proven that he's our best rep w/ DT out.
Old 06-01-19, 08:11 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
3. REMOVAL OF ATHLETES
3.1. Prior to entry by name to the Local Organizing Committee by the USOC, USA Wrestling has jurisdiction over potential nominees.
An athlete who is to be nominated to the Team by USA Wrestling may be removed for any of the following reasons, as determined by USA Wrestling:
3.1.4. Violation of USA Wrestling’s Code of Conduct (Attachment A).

This is the Pat Downey clause. With all of the turmoil that has surrounded him, almost all of which is of his own doing, you have to wonder if he can keep his head straight and make it to the Worlds w/o getting kicked off the team. I hope he does b/c he's proven that he's our best rep w/ DT out.
Attachment A
ATHLETE PLEDGE
I pledge to uphold the spirit of the USA Wrestling Code of Conduct (the “Code”), which offers a guide to my conduct as a member of the National Team. I acknowledge that I have a right to a hearing if my opportunity to compete is denied or if I am charged with a violation of this Code. I have familiarized myself with the Code and understand that acceptance of its provisions is a condition of my selection to the National Team.
As a Member of the Team, I hereby promise and agree that I:
 will abide by all rules related to the Team selection procedures as approved by USA Wrestling;
 have acted and will act in a sportsmanlike manner consistent with the spirit of fair play and responsible conduct;
 will maintain a level of fitness and competitive readiness that will permit my performance to be at the maximum of my abilities;
 will not commit an anti-doping rule violation as defined by the International Olympic Committee (IOC), World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) or the UWW rules;
 am not currently serving a sanction for an anti-doping rule violation and/or do not have a pending or unresolved doping charge;
 will not engage in any conduct that is criminal under any laws applicable to me, including, but not limited to laws governing the possession and use of drugs and alcohol and providing of drugs to any person and of alcohol to minors;
 am eligible to compete under the rules of UWW;
 will refrain from conduct detracting from my ability or that of my teammates to attain peak performance;
 will respect the property of others whether personal or public;
 will respect members of my Team, other teams, spectators and officials, and engage in no form of discriminatory behavior or verbal, physical or sexual harassment or abuse;
 will follow my Team’s rules, including by way of example, rules regarding curfew and required attendance at team meetings;
 am aware that USA Wrestling sponsors, suppliers and licensees provide critical support for the Team and, in recognition of this fact, I will wear designated USA Wrestling apparel at all
official Team functions and events;
 will not conceal or cover up any USA Wrestling sponsor, supplier or licensee brand or other identification appearing on my USA Wrestling apparel;
 agree to be filmed and photographed by the official photographer(s) and network(s) of USA Wrestling under conditions authorized by USA Wrestling and give event organizers and USA Wrestling the right to use my name, picture, likeness, and biographical information before, during and after the period of my participation in these activities to promote the activity in which I participate or to promote the success of the team on which I compete; in no event may USA Wrestling or the event organizers use or authorize the use of my name, picture, likeness, voice and biographical information for the purpose of trade, including any use in a manner that would imply an endorsement of any company, product, or service, without my written permission;
 will not use or authorize the use of photographs, films or videos of myself in my USA Wrestling apparel or equipment or the use of the USA Wrestling logo for the purpose of trade, without the prior written consent of USA Wrestling (which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld);
 will act in a way that will bring respect and honor to myself, my teammates, USA Wrestling and the United States; and
 will remember that at all times I am an ambassador for my sport, my country and the Olympic Movement.

Last edited by bdhof; 06-01-19 at 09:24 AM.
Old 06-01-19, 09:29 AM
All Yappi

With reference to team rules, it appears that PDIII took down one of his twitter accounts, the most offensive of the two. I not very good on twitter (don't have an account), but I used to be able to find two for him and now can only find one. And his one account has seemed to have softened in his remarks. In fact I can't find anything offensive since he won the spot. That gives me hope that he'll stay on track. I think his twitter stuff was one of the main reasons he got kicked off of Iowa State's team. Perhaps (hopefully) he's learned his lesson.
Old 06-02-19, 12:32 PM
All American

Pope Francis 1 will become famous soon enough
With his crazy ramblings on Twitter, sounds like PDIII would be a welcome addition to our yappi community! May I suggest he be the first new yappi member to receive the coveted “All Yappi” status.

Last edited by Pope Francis 1; 06-02-19 at 09:03 PM.
Old 06-02-19, 03:05 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
With reference to team rules, it appears that PDIII took down one of his twitter accounts, the most offensive of the two. I not very good on twitter (don't have an account), but I used to be able to find two for him and now can only find one. And his one account has seemed to have softened in his remarks. In fact I can't find anything offensive since he won the spot. That gives me hope that he'll stay on track. I think his twitter stuff was one of the main reasons he got kicked off of Iowa State's team. Perhaps (hopefully) he's learned his lesson.
Well, I found the twitter account I thought he took down. It's still there, altho it hasn't been updated in a week or so.
Old 06-06-19, 09:49 PM
Junior Varsity

ACarrizales is on a distinguished road
Was planning on going to final x Rutgers tomorrow with son, dad and uncle but we had a sudden sickness in the family and can’t go.
Is any interested or know someone who would be interested in four tickets section 112 row g? Paid $65 a piece, would like to get 50 for them if I could.
ACarrizales@pdys.org
Old 06-07-19, 07:54 AM
Varsity

Abdullah is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACarrizales View Post
Was planning on going to final x Rutgers tomorrow with son, dad and uncle but we had a sudden sickness in the family and can’t go.
Is any interested or know someone who would be interested in four tickets section 112 row g? Paid $65 a piece, would like to get 50 for them if I could.
ACarrizales@pdys.org
Sorry to hear this. My prayers are with you and your family.

Great opportunity for anyone who does not have tickets. Would encourage them to take your offer. Should be great weekend of competition.

Alhamdulillah