Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-03-17, 07:44 AM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Traffic in and around NTR

The OHSAA website is pretty specific about what exits to use off of I-70 if coming from the west or east. If coming in from the west it states to use exit 122 Outville Road/SR 158 and from the east it is instructing to use 126. I'm going to be coming from my brother's house in New Albany and will not be on I-70 at all. I am going to go out 161 to Granville and take 37 south (Lancaster Rd) down to 40 to NTR. I've never gone into NTR that way before. How backed up does 37 get going south from Granville?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-17, 08:14 AM
All Ohio

EuclidandViren is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
The OHSAA website is pretty specific about what exits to use off of I-70 if coming from the west or east. If coming in from the west it states to use exit 122 Outville Road/SR 158 and from the east it is instructing to use 126. I'm going to be coming from my brother's house in New Albany and will not be on I-70 at all. I am going to go out 161 to Granville and take 37 south (Lancaster Rd) down to 40 to NTR. I've never gone into NTR that way before. How backed up does 37 get going south from Granville?
100% depends upon when you arrive. If you arrive at 9-10am it is not too bad. If you arrive at 2pm it is not too bad.

From 10am-2pm I would allot an additional 25-30 minutes for traffic, parking and buying your ticket. At least. Personally, I would get there at least 1 hour before watching the race at least. If I were taking athletes to run I would get there 2 hours before race time to 2 hours and 15 minutes to ensure that there are no problems.

This year you can also buy your ticket online ahead of time to save you time.
Old 11-03-17, 09:18 AM
All American

mathking is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuclidandViren View Post
100% depends upon when you arrive. If you arrive at 9-10am it is not too bad. If you arrive at 2pm it is not too bad.

From 10am-2pm I would allot an additional 25-30 minutes for traffic, parking and buying your ticket. At least. Personally, I would get there at least 1 hour before watching the race at least. If I were taking athletes to run I would get there 2 hours before race time to 2 hours and 15 minutes to ensure that there are no problems.

This year you can also buy your ticket online ahead of time to save you time.
We have always travelled that 161 to 37 to 40 route through Granville. Last year it was backed up for the last mile and that last mile took us about 45 minutes.
Old 11-03-17, 09:49 AM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathking View Post
We have always travelled that 161 to 37 to 40 route through Granville. Last year it was backed up for the last mile and that last mile took us about 45 minutes.
Do you remember what time you were getting there? I'm wondering if it would be faster to cut down Reynoldsburg-New Albany Rd to 40 or 310 through Patalska down to 40 and come in that way. How backed up does 40 get before it intersects with Outville Rd?

Also, is there really an appreciable time savings when pre-purchasing tickets on-line?
Old 11-03-17, 10:04 AM
All American

mathking is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
Do you remember what time you were getting there? I'm wondering if it would be faster to cut down Reynoldsburg-New Albany Rd to 40 or 310 through Patalska down to 40 and come in that way. How backed up does 40 get before it intersects with Outville Rd?

Also, is there really an appreciable time savings when pre-purchasing tickets on-line?
I have never seen the ticket line be longer than a couple of minutes. They can sell the tickets faster than they can park the cars.

Last year we we pulled in to NTR at about 11:15. So we hit the backup at about 10:30.

The last two years it generally looked like both eastbound 40 and westbound 40 (back to 70 via 37) were backed up at least as far as 37 south from Granville. The backup on 37 south started at about Refugee Road, so I don't think there is going to be a lot of advantage one way or another trying to find alternate roads to the south.

Last edited by mathking; 11-03-17 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: More info
Old 11-03-17, 02:48 PM
Varsity

Eye89 is on a distinguished road
Get there before 9:30 and you’ll be good going in that direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk