Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-21-17, 09:01 PM
Varsity

xcountry315 is on a distinguished road
Most kids sub 15 in a single season?

Does anyone know the record for most Ohio high school runners under 15 mins for 5k? I know Moore, Jha, and Horter did last year. This year we have Kreft, Johnson, Scrape, Horter, and Jha.

I know we've trended towards faster courses in recent years, but I don't care if you're running downhill for the entire 5k, a high school aged kid running under 15 on grass is impressive on any course.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-17, 10:13 PM
All American

mathking is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcountry315 View Post
Does anyone know the record for most Ohio high school runners under 15 mins for 5k? I know Moore, Jha, and Horter did last year. This year we have Kreft, Johnson, Scrape, Horter, and Jha.

I know we've trended towards faster courses in recent years, but I don't care if you're running downhill for the entire 5k, a high school aged kid running under 15 on grass is impressive on any course.
Scrape beat Andrew Jordan's course record today.
Old 10-21-17, 11:31 PM
All Region

LoveCrossCountry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathking View Post
Scrape beat Andrew Jordan's course record today.
Was cool to see. Arjun got very close with his 14:59.94 later in the day too as I know you know.

Conant Smith has a 15:00.10 on the season too. I wouldn't be surprised to see multiple boys break 15:00 at the state meet if the weather is good.

Such a talented bunch in Ohio this year.
Old 10-22-17, 06:57 AM
All World

ccrunner609 is on a distinguished road
there seems to be alot. We are down to the courses that are ran every year. Lets see them break that on a regional course or the state course where we know its 5000 meters
Old 10-22-17, 08:00 AM
All World

psycho_dad is on a distinguished road
like back in 2011, the conditions have been perfect. Not sure how many of you ran in the 80's, but I ran in snow every year. Can't remember a day this year when it has even been a long sleeve shirt day. We were wearing gloves and long underwear and hats and sweat shirts by this time every day at practice and meets. The sport should evolve and kids get faster. There should be a lot more sub 15 than in the past, it just makes sense. I heard people complaining about the number of turns at LCCC yesterday. "Can't they set this up so there aren't so many turns, it just slows it down so much." It's a trend to make the course as fast as possible. Expect faster and faster times. And, it's expected. Kids know that everyone can see what they run, so they post fast times. They didn't let us know what course records were. Never heard of such a thing.