Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-30-17, 10:00 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
And he was on the sidelines, and not a player there likely resented that he didn't play, but a bunch of has-beens and wanna-bes do ! Awesome!!
I donít fault him for the decision. That said, The university should send him a bill for the flight/hotel costs.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-17, 10:01 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECfb View Post
I guess I am an idiot then
Probably could have just stopped here.
Old 12-30-17, 10:02 PM
All American

SECfb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
But I didnt
Old 12-30-17, 10:05 PM
All American

Quote:
Why you messin with the post? And who are you
Old 12-30-17, 10:12 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Damn are you Mr Ward or just hanging off his jock because he went to Nordonia?
Paul Ward died about a year and a half ago.
Old 12-30-17, 10:26 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I don’t fault him for the decision. That said, The university should send him a bill for the flight/hotel costs.
This is the place that they keep those long, skinny boats for women's sculling, a sport only watched by parents and significant others and financed in large part by football via Title IX.

stop it

Spoiled tuna must have a psycho-active component.....you're usually more reasonable...
Old 12-30-17, 10:31 PM
All American

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Paul Ward died about a year and a half ago.
That means just a jock hanger then....
Old 12-30-17, 10:36 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He may have raised his draft stock a bit with that game, too. Many already had Ward as #1 CB.
Youre joking right? It's not like Hubbard came out of nowhere by playing in the bowl game, NFL executives are well aware who he is. Billy Price, likely first center picked in the draft, played last night...at a much more physically demanding position. Oh the horror!
Old 12-30-17, 10:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
This is the place that they keep those long, skinny boats for women's sculling, a sport only watched by parents and significant others and financed in large part by football via Title IX.

stop it

Spoiled tuna must have a psycho-active component.....you're usually more reasonable...
He gave the staff a realistic expectation that he would play. Travel costs seem more than reasonable.

Again, I have no problem with him skipping the game. Waiting until just before kickoff to announce it was pretty low-rent though, TBH.

School pride is getting the best of you here, Iím afraid.
Old 12-31-17, 12:27 AM
All Yappi

So, what difference does a kid being torn make, really ? C'mon. Maybe a friend showed him a video of Willis MacGahee's last college game ? Or even Teddy Ginn's ? At least those were for all the marbles. I just like the kid. I happen to know him, but it makes no difference to me where he went. Fournette or McCaffery would be rendered the same opinion from me.

He could have defected to a Fisheater Academy like Shaun Crawford did and I'd feel no differently. Go NTYF!!
Old 12-31-17, 02:05 AM
All Ohio

boiler is on a distinguished road
Big Ten 7-0!

SEC 1-4.

Big Ten should have 2 teams in playoffs this year. Alabama and Georgia should have been replaced by Big Ten schools.

I can see why Alabama scheduled Mercer and Fresno St. They had to beefen up the schedule against the cupcake SEC teams.
Old 12-31-17, 02:12 AM
All American

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiler View Post
Big Ten 7-0!

SEC 1-4.

Big Ten should have 2 teams in playoffs this year. Alabama and Georgia should have been replaced by Big Ten schools.

I can see why Alabama scheduled Mercer and Fresno St. They had to beefen up the schedule against the cupcake SEC teams.
Should have and a dollar will get you a large coke.
What does Iowa, Baker and 55 mean to anyone ?
Old 12-31-17, 02:27 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Youre joking right? It's not like Hubbard came out of nowhere by playing in the bowl game, NFL executives are well aware who he is. Billy Price, likely first center picked in the draft, played last night...at a much more physically demanding position. Oh the horror!
It always helps IF YOU READ ALL THE WORDS.

Quote:
He may have raised his draft stock a bit with that game, too. Many already had Ward as #1 CB.
Do you think Sam Hubbard is the #1 DE prospect ?

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018DE.php

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018CB.php

A REAL Stark Co tough guy like Graber would at least apologize now
Old 12-31-17, 03:22 AM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Probably = you're an idiot.
Old 12-31-17, 06:29 AM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Whether you're a high 1st rd. pick or low 1st rd. or 2nd rd. pick you are going to be a millionaire. Barkley who some believe will be the top pick overall played for PSU. Some players want to play that last game with their teammates and some value the money more. I just personally appreciate that players like Hubbard played that last game, what some people consider a meaningless bowl game.
Old 12-31-17, 08:39 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What about an ice cold Dr Pepper, here!?
Old 12-31-17, 08:49 AM
All Region

nutsnbolts is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECfb View Post
I have only mentioned a couple times, dont know what you are talking about. But since you brought it up most of the bowls are meaningless now.
The major bowls have always been meaningful and well-attended.
The twenty or so other bowls that have been added thru the years (37 this year, not counting the semis) have never been well attended, but that doesnít make them meaningless to the participants. How many schools turned down bowl bids?
As usual, Iíve watched a bunch of bowl games again this year. The only one that really disappointed me was Toledo not showing up against Appalachian State. I enjoy watching the different styles, the different approaches, the conference differences, the players giving great effort, etc.
I like the atmosphere of college football. Will I continue to watch bowl games? You bet! If they expand the playoffs will I watch? You bet!
Old 12-31-17, 09:00 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsnbolts View Post
The major bowls have always been meaningful and well-attended.
The twenty or so other bowls that have been added thru the years (37 this year, not counting the semis) have never been well attended, but that doesnít make them meaningless to the participants. How many schools turned down bowl bids?
As usual, Iíve watched a bunch of bowl games again this year. The only one that really disappointed me was Toledo not showing up against Appalachian State. I enjoy watching the different styles, the different approaches, the conference differences, the players giving great effort, etc.
I like the atmosphere of college football. Will I continue to watch bowl games? You bet! If they expand the playoffs will I watch? You bet!
Ok. I respect the opinion. If you feel that way it is all well, and good. On the other hand witj the 4 team playoff in effect now, a lot of other people just feel watching those other bowl games, are just a bunch of glorified exhibition matxhups. When I watch these games, I just don't see the intensity much in sime of the he kids
Old 12-31-17, 01:09 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

Apologize for pointing out the hole in your logic? There is plenty of tape already on Hubbard. NFL execs didn't change their mind based on his work vs a bad o-line.
Old 12-31-17, 01:14 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I think the Iowa game was simply an aberration. I can't explain it any other way.
Bad matchup for Ohio State. They're strong defensively across the DL and in the secondary. Iowa took advantage by throwing to the TEs and RBs for the majority of the game. They also ran the ball effectively, which opened up their play action game. Ohio State's playcalling did suck, but JT turning the ball over 4 or 5 times didn't help either.
Old 12-31-17, 01:17 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
He is probably the most overrated player in Ohio State history
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
I believe he is the greatest OSU QB ever even though he never won the Heisman. QB's before him had the same chance to do the things he did and didn't.
These two posts were #173 an #175 on this thread. It's funny how divided Buckeye fans are on Barrett. The majority that I know are happy for him, but also happy his career is over.
Old 12-31-17, 03:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
They have a shot to win it all regardless. Even with "the most overrated player in OSU history" playing QB they'll finish top 5 in the country. That's a solid season, I don't care who you are.
Who? Ohio State? No they don't. They have a chance to finish top 3, maybe.

Quote:
Everyone knows they should've been in the playoff but for the committees hard on for Saban and Alabama. Herd sucks at QB for Alabama so if that's the metric they don't belong there either.
If by everyone you mean biased, Ohio State homers. Then yes, you're right. Most people correctly believed they were out due to the Iowa loss.
Old 12-31-17, 03:50 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Oh yeah, how many posters on Yappi mentioned the loss OSU had to Clemson last year as one of the reasons for the Buckeyes not to be in the CFP this year.IF OSU had lost, Buckeye haters would have been saying : see I told you OSU did not belong in the CFP.
Many more used the number 2, as in two losses. Specifically the 31-poit loss to Iowa. Anything said about Clemson was secondary to the actual season this year's Buckeye squad had.
Old 12-31-17, 03:59 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
And getting stomped by a 3 loss non conference champ Auburn team, with no significant victories to offset it, tells everyone Alabama doesn't belong.
Good God man, take off the scarlet and grey glasses. Stomped? You mean how Alabama led 14-10 after their opening drive of the 3rd quarter. Or how the Tide led 14-13 until just before the 3-minute mark of the 3rd. It was 20-14 going to the 4th Qtr.

Also, of Auburn's 3-losses, two of them were to CFP Semifinalists and Power 5 Conference Champs (both basically on the road also, one at Death Valley and one in the new Georgia Dome).
Old 12-31-17, 04:17 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
And you know what the committee bases their selections on ? It certainly isn't Strength of Schedule or Conference Championship two of their top criteria.
Two of their top criteria if the two teams are "comparable." People always forget that part. Alabama lost one game on the road to a Conference Champion Finalist in Auburn. Ohio State lost twice. Once by 31 on the road to 7-5 Iowa and once to Oklahoma at home. y2h keeps saying Auburn stomped Iowa, I guess that means Oklahoma stomped Ohio State also.
Old 12-31-17, 04:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Nice win by Ohio State. Consider it a start at building next years resume. A 17 point margin of victory against a top ten team at a neutral site will not leave the bad taste in the mouths of the committee members like last years embarrassing loss to Clemson did. And I agree with others who have stated that last years playoff loss did impact the decision process this year.
This win over USC will not count towards next year's Buckeye resume. I guess you're right in that it doesn't leave a bad taste like the Clemson loss, but that didn't keep Ohio State out of the Playoff this year, the loss to Iowa did.

Quote:
The game was a microcosm of the OSU season: outstanding DL play, erratic DB play, solid O-line play and mediocre QB play. KO off coverage was freakishly good and the Bucs didn't shoot themselves in the foot with dumb penalties. All in all a very workmanlike win.
Spot-on. OSU had a championship caliber defense (sans one game), but their offense is/was always going to hold them back.

Quote:
So now Bucs fans need to keep rooting for the B1G in the upcoming Bowl Games. Today there are two games that would look great in the B1G win column. Currently the conference sits at 5 - 0 with the champ having won big against the Pac 12 champ. If the B1G can win most of the rest of their bowl games and you combine that with last nights solid victory, Ohio State goes into the off season as a top 4 team with an inside track to the playoffs. I also suspect that as good as Barret has been statistically and in the overall win column, OSU opponents will be leery of the Bucs offense next year with two QB options that can throw the ball DOWNFIELD accurately. OSU should be much more dangerous offensively next year.
Since I'm not a big OSU guy I wouldn't know about either QB option and their ability to throw the ball downfield, but it all comes down to what Cabe was saying, it all comes down to what Meyer lets the OC do with the offense. Herman was the last OC that Urban trusted completely to do whatever was needed to move the ball (see Cardale Jones' run).
Old 12-31-17, 04:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Two of their top criteria if the two teams are "comparable." People always forget that part. Alabama lost one game on the road to a Conference Champion Finalist in Auburn. Ohio State lost twice. Once by 31 on the road to 7-5 Iowa and once to Oklahoma at home. y2h keeps saying Auburn stomped Iowa, I guess that means Oklahoma stomped Ohio State also.

Who did Alabama beat?
Old 12-31-17, 04:28 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
He has all of their all-time records he started all four years for a reason, he never lost to Michigan, he has most of the Big 10 records(most wins,rushing etc..) he's a winner and I'm not an OSU fan. Is he an elite pro-level quarterback not at all in fact I believe he's a 3rd string emergency QB on the next level if he makes it however, he is a great college quarterback and had a stellar career.
I always laugh at this one also considering he didn't finish two of those games. Sure he never lost to Michigan, but HE only beat them twice. This year, when he left the game they were losing.
Old 12-31-17, 04:30 PM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
I am an Ohio State fan ... and they did not deserve to make the playoffs ... it is hard to overlook a 31 point loss ... but am also not sure Alabama did either, but they were probably the best choice of two bad choices.
Old 12-31-17, 04:45 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
I'm of the opinion that there were only three "obvious" playoff selections with no one really deserving of the fourth slot. This would have been a good year to shove an undefeated non-power 5 team in UCF in.

As far as talks of next year, I find it interesting that many seem to be discounting entirely the idea of Martell being the QB. He is the best suited of those on the roster to run Meyer's RO and QB power schemes. I wouldn't be shocked if he wins the job over the summer or replaces Haskins/Burrow by mid-season if Meyer insists on running the JT offense. The theoretical success of those guys is predicated on Meyer allowing Wilson to call a more pro-style game.