Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #3961  
Old 07-22-18, 07:28 PM
gneiss rocks gneiss rocks is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-31-16
Posts: 1,518
gneiss rocks is on a distinguished road
^^^ WTF were you talking about then...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Adolf Hitler and Hideki Togo were nationalist as well, that worked out great for the world didn't it.
Stirred is a catholic.

Daniel Polarchech and other Catholics raped kids ... that work out
great for the for the kids didn't it??? just sayin...
Reply With Quote
  #3962  
Old 07-22-18, 07:51 PM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 2,935
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I'm no Trump fan, but facts matter. The records do not seem to indicate draft dodging. Legitimate Deferments do not equate to dodging.
Supposedly for bone spurs although their is no record of Trump ever having bone spurs that I am aware of. Here is an article about Trump's deferments : https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/02/u...ft-record.html
Reply With Quote
  #3963  
Old 07-22-18, 08:08 PM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 2,935
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
na·tion·al·ism
advocacy of political independence for a particular country.

Imperialism and nationalism are not synonymous.

na·tion·al·ism
noun
patriotic feeling, principles, or efforts.

Of course that is Trump.
Nationalism : Definition of nationalism
1
: loyalty and devotion to a nation; especially : a sense of national consciousness (see consciousness 1c) exalting one nation above all others and placing primary emphasis on promotion of its culture and interests as opposed to those of other nations or supranational groups Intense nationalism was one of the causes of the war.

From Merriam - Webster

This would describe Putin and his desire to recapture countries that border Russia and once were part of the Soviet Union. This is the type of Nationalism I was referring to.

Last edited by Stirred not Shaken; 07-22-18 at 08:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3964  
Old 07-22-18, 08:14 PM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 2,935
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gneiss rocks View Post
^^^ WTF were you talking about then...


Stirred is a catholic.

Daniel Polarchech and other Catholics raped kids ... that work out
great for the for the kids didn't it??? just sayin...
Say what ? Look at the definition of Nationalism from Merriam Webster. That describes Hitler and IMO your beloved Putin. And btw I am Catholic not catholic.
Reply With Quote
  #3965  
Old 07-22-18, 09:29 PM
goldentornado goldentornado is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-30-13
Posts: 1,140
goldentornado is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Like I said before, Steele is ex MI6 and he isn't an idiot. The only way the more salacious and politically damaging stuff in the dossier, which were aimed directly at Trump, would be believed was if Steele told the truth about some other things in the dossier.

That you tout such Steele dossier "findings" that the Russians messed with the election and Putin was behind it as evidence of the dossier's credibility is laughable. But then again as an arrogant Brit, Steele probably thinks we ignorant Americans will fall for anything!
every U.S. intelligence agency found that Putin was behind it . not all ignorant Americans will fall for anything, but those who elected Trump proved many will
Reply With Quote
  #3966  
Old 07-23-18, 06:54 AM
chs1971 chs1971 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-30-16
Posts: 3,287
chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Trump is an opportunistic con man nothing more and nothing less.
I thought he was a racist, misogynist, and traitor too.

I am so confused.
Reply With Quote
  #3967  
Old 07-23-18, 07:44 AM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 24,820
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentornado View Post
every U.S. intelligence agency found that Putin was behind it . not all ignorant Americans will fall for anything, but those who elected Trump proved many will
That's not true as the report was the work of the Intelligence Agency's "leadership" and may have been tainted by anti-Trump political motivation. We don't know to what extent the grunts on the ground agreed with it nor do we know the quality of the evidence used to support that conclusion.
Reply With Quote
  #3968  
Old 07-23-18, 07:51 AM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 24,820
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Another great article from Victor Davis Hanson on these matters:

https://amgreatness.com/2018/07/23/j...l-the-left-go/

When indictments of Manafort, Flynn and some minor Trump officials followed that had nothing to do with the original mandate of collusion, the press cheered them as appetizers for the main course of impeachment to come. It was considered unpatriotic to suggest that Mueller did not find Russian collusion in a sea of collusion—at least as evidenced by a prior Obama hot mic quid pro quo promise to calibrate U.S. policy on European missile defense to Russian behavior conducive to Obama’s 2012 reelection, or huge Russian-related donations to the Clinton Foundation roughly at the time Secretary of State Hillary Clinton helped to facilitate sales of some U.S. uranium to Russian companies. Trump is said to be paranoid, uncouth, reckless, and crude. And he has been at times. But no prior president has been under investigation for 80 percent of his first two years in office, by an investigatory team that is so patently compromised by conflicts of political interest, and so unable to find collusion or wrongdoing in a sea of what is likely to turn out to be FBI, CIA, and Justice Department criminality in 2016.

A lot of truth in this paragraph and the ones that follow:

Trump is not a George H.W. Bush or Mitt Romney. He knows no etiquette. He is no gentleman. He is a bruiser, brawler, exaggerator, and performer. What created President Trump was not just “The Apprentice” or the Manhattan real estate market (such a resume only honed his pugilist skills).

Rather, half the country was tired of Republicans grimacing as they were portrayed as throwing grandmothers off cliffs. They were tired of seeing political commercials of bodies of the murdered dragged behind trucks, or charges that Republicans cruelly put their pets on their car roof. They were tired of the anti-Semitic and racist Rev. Jeremiah Wright, a presidential candidate’s personal pastor, being off limits, but not the supposed senility of John McCain who in 2008 was pilloried as a doddering multi-millionaire who forgot how many houses he had owned. In 2012, it was Mitt Romney’s wife whose sins were wearing equestrian clothes.

Given the growing furor over half the country as demonized clingers, deplorables, and crazies, if Trump did not exist, a don’t-tread-on-me street fighter would have had to be invented. Progressives have gone ballistic that any opponent would reply to them in kind. Think of “Caddyshack,” when uncouth Rodney Dangerfield burst into smug Ted Knight’s country club.


Why is it that some "experts" get Trump but most do not? It's really not all that hard to figure out why he's POTUS. Maybe these folks aren't actually experts at this?
Reply With Quote
  #3969  
Old 07-23-18, 09:07 AM
Happygoluckky Happygoluckky is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-29-14
Posts: 2,379
Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Based on the tweets and news today....something big must be about to drop. He has released Cohen tapes, had a tantrum that likely with lead to Rosenstein's removal and is starting a war with Iran. It must be something big.
Reply With Quote
  #3970  
Old 07-23-18, 10:33 AM
goldentornado goldentornado is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-30-13
Posts: 1,140
goldentornado is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
That's not true as the report was the work of the Intelligence Agency's "leadership" and may have been tainted by anti-Trump political motivation. We don't know to what extent the grunts on the ground agreed with it nor do we know the quality of the evidence used to support that conclusion.
so you say, but did you know the quality of the evidence used to support all the lame conspiracy theories you stated as facts?
Reply With Quote
  #3971  
Old 07-23-18, 05:34 PM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 24,820
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Based on the tweets and news today....something big must be about to drop. He has released Cohen tapes, had a tantrum that likely with lead to Rosenstein's removal and is starting a war with Iran. It must be something big.
On the topic of Iran when was the last time they sent their little boats out to harass our big beautiful destroyers? I think that would be during the Obama era. I guess the Mullah's believed Trump when he said he would blow the little bastards out of the water if they tried it when he was in charge.
Reply With Quote
  #3972  
Old 07-23-18, 05:35 PM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 24,820
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentornado View Post
so you say, but did you know the quality of the evidence used to support all the lame conspiracy theories you stated as facts?
Yes I do and it's pretty damn good if I can say so myself!
Reply With Quote
  #3973  
Old 07-23-18, 06:56 PM
chs1971 chs1971 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-30-16
Posts: 3,287
chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Based on the tweets and news today....something big must be about to drop.
Almost 8:00 pm. Nothing yuuuuge has been reported yet.
Reply With Quote
  #3974  
Old 07-23-18, 07:06 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 8,995
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
Almost 8:00 pm. Nothing yuuuuge has been reported yet.
Just wait. It's coming. I will get some popcorn. Can't wait. Pins and needles.
Reply With Quote
  #3975  
Old 07-23-18, 07:12 PM
Gh0st Gh0st is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-18-11
Posts: 3,723
Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Supposedly for bone spurs although their is no record of Trump ever having bone spurs that I am aware of. Here is an article about Trump's deferments : https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/02/u...ft-record.html
He didnt keep a letter from 50 years ago and that makes him a draft-dodger?

People get med-boarded all the time from the military and for far worse reasons than none spurs.

At least you people are consistent in your tactics. Accuse then place the burden of proof on the accused to prove their innocence. If only the courts worked that way.
Reply With Quote
  #3976  
Old 07-23-18, 07:26 PM
TylerDurden TylerDurden is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-12-01
Posts: 15,318
TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
I have no doubt the young Donald was absolutely crushed when he learned he wouldn't be able to serve his country.
Reply With Quote
  #3977  
Old 07-23-18, 07:45 PM
gneiss rocks gneiss rocks is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-31-16
Posts: 1,518
gneiss rocks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentornado View Post
so you say, but did you know the quality of the evidence used to support all the lame conspiracy theories you stated as facts?
I prefer science, experts first hand information...Rather than our political hack intelligence agencies who keep lying and getting caught over and over...would you like some weapons of mass destruction with that theory.

Julian Assange said it was a individual, his record as far as real and accurate information, Wikileaks is better than any information outlet on our planet.

Then you have our nations the foremost expert on us data collection etc. and whistle blower with undeniable proof through science....and this is just one of your so called "conspiracy theories."
This info has been out for a while but this is the shortest and to the point interview I could find...
Reply With Quote
  #3978  
Old 07-23-18, 09:54 PM
Gh0st Gh0st is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-18-11
Posts: 3,723
Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
I have no doubt the young Donald was absolutely crushed when he learned he wouldn't be able to serve his country.
Probably as much as Bill Clinton or anyone else who doesn't join the military. It's not for everyone. I'd rather you stay out if you don't want to serve.
Reply With Quote
  #3979  
Old 07-24-18, 04:07 AM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 3,620
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Not that hard for high IQ experts like Lotty though, this guy is a treasure, why does such a sharp guy who sees things others can't even experts can't not in Trump's cabinet and running a yuuuge corporation or think tank?

I' addled as you say the most on this entire forum in fact , I have no where the intellectual firepower you posses , you can change the world by offering these insights and things mere smart people can't see. Your agile mind and vast intellect is wasted on such a forum.

I mean you see things that others can't a rare gift , I'm ion awe myself I can't speak for others but you are much too good for this forum, a man amongst little boys.
Reply With Quote
  #3980  
Old 07-24-18, 05:33 AM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 2,935
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
Probably as much as Bill Clinton or anyone else who doesn't join the military. It's not for everyone. I'd rather you stay out if you don't want to serve.
I think their were quite a few young men that got drafted that did not want to go Vietnam including my brother, but still went. The option of not serving was not available to most young men as they did not have a rich daddy to keep them from being drafted. When did it become ok to "lie" in this country, whether it is to avoid the draft " bone spurs " or about making hush payments to women that Trump said he never had affairs with. Is it to much to expect a President to tell the truth at least once in a while when faced with things he has done in the past or present.
Reply With Quote
  #3981  
Old 07-24-18, 05:55 AM
USA70PP USA70PP is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-26-16
Location: West of Marion, Ohio
Posts: 853
USA70PP is an unknown quantity at this point
Look, Trump is only taking his que from Bill Clinton. Slick Willie always told the truth about things he had done in the past and was doing at the time. How can you deride Trump when he is only emulating this greatest of all Presidents?
Reply With Quote
  #3982  
Old 07-24-18, 06:29 AM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 2,935
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by USA70PP View Post
Look, Trump is only taking his que from Bill Clinton. Slick Willie always told the truth about things he had done in the past and was doing at the time. How can you deride Trump when he is only emulating this greatest of all Presidents?
Like I posted earlier Trump and "Slick Willie" have a lot in common.
Reply With Quote
  #3983  
Old 07-24-18, 08:19 AM
Purplemojo Purplemojo is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-20-08
Posts: 3,445
Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Russian interference in election - In addition to misinformation and supporting groups agitating and protesting both sides, the most consequential effort was the dossier which was made public by HRC's collusion with those in contact with Russian agents.

HRC and the democrats were the willing participants in Russian interference and the perpetrators of collusion.

Even President Obama was actively involved as he and his staff had meeting with those accused of being Russian agents. This was in addition to his knowing of the election interference and actively taking steps to deny it was taking place in an effort to bury the allegations.

The investigation is a misfire. They are pointing the muzzle in the wrong direction.
Reply With Quote
  #3984  
Old 07-24-18, 08:46 AM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 24,820
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Not that hard for high IQ experts like Lotty though, this guy is a treasure, why does such a sharp guy who sees things others can't even experts can't not in Trump's cabinet and running a yuuuge corporation or think tank?
.
I get that someone that plagiarizes info would get it wrong here but I rely on EXPERTS to show me what's happening. Now experts can disagree and then you have to rely on your own experience & knowledge to figure stuff out. It doesn't take a whole lot of smarts to know what's going on - just an open mind and willingness to do a little work to dig up the info.

In fact here's an example from an EXPERT, former federal prosecutor Andrew McCarthy who spent 20 years working with the FBI, of just how shady the FBI/DOJ FISA applications really were:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...teele-dossier/

On a sleepy summer Saturday, after months of stonewalling, the FBI dumped 412 pages of documents related to the Carter Page FISA surveillance warrants — the applications, the certifications, and the warrants themselves. Now that we can see it all in black and white — mostly black, as they are heavily redacted — it is crystal clear that the Steele dossier, an unverified Clinton-campaign product, was the driving force behind the Trump–Russia investigation.

Based on the dossier, the FBI told the FISA court it believed that Carter Page, who had been identified by the Trump campaign as an adviser, was coordinating with the Russian government in an espionage conspiracy to influence the 2016 election.

This sensational allegation came from Christopher Steele, the former British spy. The FISA court was not told that the Clinton campaign was behind Steele’s work. Nor did the FBI and Justice Department inform the court that Steele’s allegations had never been verified. To the contrary, each FISA application — the original one in October 2016, and the three renewals at 90-day intervals — is labeled “VERIFIED APPLICATION” (bold caps in original). And each one makes this breathtaking representation:

The FBI has reviewed this verified application for accuracy in accordance with its April 5, 2001 procedures, which include sending a copy of the draft to the appropriate field office(s).

In reality, the applications were never verified for accuracy.
Reply With Quote
  #3985  
Old 07-24-18, 08:49 AM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 24,820
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
And here's more from McCarthy's article:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...teele-dossier/

When people started theorizing that the FBI had presented the Steele dossier to the FISA court as evidence, I told them they were crazy: The FBI, which I can’t help thinking of as my FBI after 20 years of working closely with the bureau as a federal prosecutor, would never take an unverified screed and present it to a court as evidence. I explained that if the bureau believed the information in a document like the dossier, it would pick out the seven or eight most critical facts and scrub them as only the FBI can — interview the relevant witnesses, grab the documents, scrutinize the records, connect the dots. Whatever application eventually got filed in the FISA court would not even allude en passant to Christopher Steele or his dossier. The FBI would go to the FISA court only with independent evidence corroborated through standard FBI rigor.

Should I have assumed I could be wrong about that? Sure, even great institutions go rogue now and again. But even with that in mind, I would still have told the conspiracy theorists they were crazy — because in the unlikely event the FBI ever went off the reservation, the Justice Department would not permit the submission to the FISA court of uncorroborated allegations; and even if that fail-safe broke down, a court would not approve such a warrant.

It turns out, however, that the crazies were right and I was wrong. The FBI (and, I’m even more sad to say, my Justice Department) brought the FISA court the Steele-dossier allegations, relying on Steele’s credibility without verifying his information.



You see Harry I find an expert very credible when they change their opinion based on seeing new facts. McCarthy at the start of this investigation was supportive of Mueller and dismissed as CRAZY any suggestion that the FBI & DOJ would behave in the manner that they did. He has now come full circle and admits that he was wrong - the FBI & DOJ have in fact broken their own rules & standards to try to nail Trump.
Reply With Quote
  #3986  
Old 07-24-18, 08:56 AM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 24,820
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
Russian interference in election - In addition to misinformation and supporting groups agitating and protesting both sides, the most consequential effort was the dossier which was made public by HRC's collusion with those in contact with Russian agents.

HRC and the democrats were the willing participants in Russian interference and the perpetrators of collusion.

Even President Obama was actively involved as he and his staff had meeting with those accused of being Russian agents. This was in addition to his knowing of the election interference and actively taking steps to deny it was taking place in an effort to bury the allegations.

The investigation is a misfire. They are pointing the muzzle in the wrong direction.
This is pretty much how I see it to.

It's actually a sad day that the FBI & DOJ can be so easily corrupted at the highest levels. And you're right that the most serious case of foreign election sabotage had NOTHING to do with Trump but was led by Christopher Steele, a foreign national who assembled a dossier, paid for by the democrat party, using the input of Russians who were in all likelihood acting under Putin's orders. Talk about ironic
Reply With Quote
  #3987  
Old 07-24-18, 09:01 AM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 3,620
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
You do realize those long bold faced passages aren’t read by almost all who are out here right? I think I saw Happy respond a time or two but seriously the 90 percent who share your basic although not as far right in most cases viewpoint certainly aren’t reading with any regularity . They already agree with your premise so why read such boring droning far right muck
Reply With Quote
  #3988  
Old 07-24-18, 09:02 AM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 3,620
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
You seem to ignore facts if it comes from certain sources even people with more integrity in their pinkies than Drumph has in his bloated carcass of a body
Reply With Quote
  #3989  
Old 07-24-18, 09:04 AM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 3,620
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Misfires usually don’t hurt anyone , this one already has and will inflict further damage before it’s completed .
Reply With Quote
  #3990  
Old 07-24-18, 09:12 AM
FootballFan1795 FootballFan1795 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-02-16
Posts: 951
FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Not that hard for high IQ experts like Lotty though ... I' addled as you say the most on this entire forum in fact

From: http://yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314261&page=5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
You are easily the most addled poster on Yappi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Addled ? yeah everyone ignores the addled I thought , until now .
... and you know how many people read my threads and I am the most addled on the entire forum right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Yea, Zeeman was able to do in a couple of short posts what Harry's been attempting to do in hundreds of long posts.

Lotr, now we know it is really you who triggers Harry.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz