Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
Old 01-07-19, 07:13 PM
All American

Johnstown Benny is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Did I used to watch Don Grady on a popular show in the 60s to early 70s?

Best looking of them all, IMO.
Diva,

If you enjoyed watching the sit-com "My Three Sons" back in the day, then you certainly saw a lot of Don Grady who played Robbie. I really liked that show.

JB
Old 01-07-19, 07:57 PM
All American

Bevo is on a distinguished road
Rob's wife wasn't too bad. I believe her name in the show was Katie.

I loved the show and I really wanted the rooms like the brothers all had. Warm and cozy appearing; sporty.

Of course, Fred McMurray was the pops and William Frawley and William Demerest played the "Bub" and "Uncle Charlie" roles. Might be forgotten because I believe he only appeared in one season but Tim Considine played the oldest brother. He was fresh off his work for Disney that included episodic/serial - type show I really liked called, "Spin And Marty". And, everyone knew that Ernie and Chip were real life brothers. Stanley and Barry Livingston, respectively.

That leads me to remember two other Disney serials one involving Tommy Kirk and another child actor, The Hardy Boys (or brothers) who were searching for Applegate treasure from an old man's house. (Great scary music with this one.) The other involved a child actor involved with Pop Warner football and little league baseball. His name was "Moochie".

Wonderful stories and tv for a young folks like some of us were then.

J.B. - Finally, yes, the Phil Donahue theme song was created by Robbie Douglas. Phil and Irma were neighbors. I thought the Phil Donahue, early on, was magnificent. Irma was funny in that light comedic way. Sold a lot of books.

Finally for this surprising trip into the past. We watched the classic 1959 scare fest House On Haunted Hill with our daughter over the weekend. A Roger Corman 74 minute freak fest that almost led this seven - year old kiddo to psychotherapy. I didn't stop fearing Vincent Price until I was fifty!

(Finally, finally - JB was right - we just barreled by the 500,000 mark on here. Can we make a million?! I guess early speculation of our imminent demise was premature. Kudos to all who have stopped by and especially - the hard core ones. You know who you are.)
Old 01-07-19, 09:09 PM
All World

One Who Knows is on a distinguished road
It's only halftime in the CFP Championship Game, but Clemson is playing surprisingly well. It should be interesting to see what happens in the second half. To be honest, I'm a little surprised by the game, but not the halftime show. Obviously, I'm not a fan of Imagine Dragons or 'Lil Wayne fan or I'd be watching the TV instead of posting.

ROCK ON!
Old 01-07-19, 10:21 PM
All American

I have been switching back and forth to AMC as Stan and Ollie are being funny.
Old 01-08-19, 09:21 AM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
During the Woody Hayes years, whenever the Bucks would travel to the Rose Bowl, I'd hear on the news about people buying travel packages from the local agencies, and I wondered if I would ever be able to do that. After I got married, Mrs. Zunardo said it had been a dream of hers to see the Tournament of Roses parade in person some day.

So, we made those dreams a reality this year. Put together a spontaneous week-long bucket-trip vacation to Pasadena, and got to visit her brothers and her nephew in the LA area to boot. Here are a few observations I made on our return:

- Spirit Airlines has the worst passenger seats. No recline, no way to doze comfortably

- Our Ramada Inn had the worst free continental breakfast I’ve seen – at least put some artificial scrambled eggs out there for me!

- There’s nothing like seeing the Rose Parade in person, and in a curbside seat. The bands are great, the horses and riders just glitter, and the floats are simply gorgeous and breath-taking.

- Chaka Khan definitely waved to me when she went by. That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it. And I did get a photo of it.

- If you want to see both the Rose Parade AND the Rose Bowl football game, plan for only one on a particular year, then the other one the next year. You’ll be glad you did. Trust me on this.

- For such a storied history, the Rose Bowl has THE WORST logistical plan for moving folks in and out I've ever seen. Even worse than U of Michigan, which is no mean feat. After getting in a non-moving line to clear security (1/4 mile away from the stadium), we were told to go to the other security area, which meant another half-mile of walking around the cordoned- off perimeter .....

- Once inside the Rose Bowl and seeing the field, I suddenly flashed back to watching the game on TV 50 years ago. I remember watching OJ’s early long TD run against the Buckeyes, almost being tears thinking OSU was going to lose.

- One OSU fan in front of us knocked over two consecutive beers onto his bleacher seat, just missing my new red-and-black New Balance kicks. His buddy almost knocked a third beer out of his hands. 13 bucks each, so he spent 39 bucks and only got to drink one of them ….

- My wife and I high-fived each other at the conclusion of the game - we had done it, and so had Urban Meyer and the Buckeyes.

- Isn’t southern California supposed be a warm in the winter? We almost froze on the 1.5 mile walk back to our car after the game. It was c-o-l-d the entire week there. At least there was sunshine every day but one.

- Griffith Observatory is very cool. We’re talking “James Dean” cool. Great exhibits, and a breath-taking view of the LA basin, the mountains, the ocean, the big Hollywood sign, etc.

- Drove to the Las Vegas airport Saturday (cheaper airfare home), it was 50 degrees with a cold rain and depressing skies. When we were there in July, it was blinding sun and 107 in the shade. No happy medium?

- We at in front row going home, only 2 seats on each side, with 6-inch divider between them. Spirit’s version of first-class, I guess. And the seatbelts had airbags in them – say what?

- Was glad I chose valet parking at the OH lot. They had my truck ready and warmed up by the time the shuttle dropped us off from the airport early Sunday. Bonus - 30 bucks off for AAA members. $60 for 8 nights of parking plus valet service? I'll take it.

Ah, yes - the truck. The battery light went on as soon as we got on the freeway - no amps. A minute later, all the lights went out and all the gauges dropped to zero. Truck still running, and there's some morning twilight to see with. Made it another 15 miles to my house, parked it on the street, turned it off, and knew it wasn't going to come back on

Later that day we had it towed to the shop. Yesterday morning, learned the alternator had failed, belt tensioner assembly had worked itself loose. The technician said, "Alternator, tensioner, belt - that's all original equipment. Pretty good that it lasted 200,000 miles!"

Got my truck back at noon at a reasonable cost - ready to begin the next 200,000 miles. But first, a nap. Or two ........
Old 01-08-19, 09:52 AM
All Region

Diva is on a distinguished road
Wow, that's quite an adventure you had there, Zunardo! Thanks for sharing the fun and not-so- fun details!

I used to watch The Applegate Farm series, or whatever that was called. It was during the Mousketeers show. I didn't see the original aired as I wasn't born yet, but I do remember an Applegate Farm series of some sort. I loved scary things. Still do.

Speaking of haunted houses, has anyone seen The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix?
Old 01-08-19, 11:25 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunardo View Post
During the Woody Hayes years, whenever the Bucks would travel to the Rose Bowl, I'd hear on the news about people buying travel packages from the local agencies, and I wondered if I would ever be able to do that. After I got married, Mrs. Zunardo said it had been a dream of hers to see the Tournament of Roses parade in person some day.

So, we made those dreams a reality this year. Put together a spontaneous week-long bucket-trip vacation to Pasadena, and got to visit her brothers and her nephew in the LA area to boot. Here are a few observations I made on our return:

- Spirit Airlines has the worst passenger seats. No recline, no way to doze comfortably

- Our Ramada Inn had the worst free continental breakfast Iíve seen Ė at least put some artificial scrambled eggs out there for me!

- Thereís nothing like seeing the Rose Parade in person, and in a curbside seat. The bands are great, the horses and riders just glitter, and the floats are simply gorgeous and breath-taking.

- Chaka Khan definitely waved to me when she went by. Thatís my story, and Iím sticking to it. And I did get a photo of it.

- If you want to see both the Rose Parade AND the Rose Bowl football game, plan for only one on a particular year, then the other one the next year. Youíll be glad you did. Trust me on this.

- For such a storied history, the Rose Bowl has THE WORST logistical plan for moving folks in and out I've ever seen. Even worse than U of Michigan, which is no mean feat. After getting in a non-moving line to clear security (1/4 mile away from the stadium), we were told to go to the other security area, which meant another half-mile of walking around the cordoned- off perimeter .....

- Once inside the Rose Bowl and seeing the field, I suddenly flashed back to watching the game on TV 50 years ago. I remember watching OJís early long TD run against the Buckeyes, almost being tears thinking OSU was going to lose.

- One OSU fan in front of us knocked over two consecutive beers onto his bleacher seat, just missing my new red-and-black New Balance kicks. His buddy almost knocked a third beer out of his hands. 13 bucks each, so he spent 39 bucks and only got to drink one of them Ö.

- My wife and I high-fived each other at the conclusion of the game - we had done it, and so had Urban Meyer and the Buckeyes.

- Isnít southern California supposed be a warm in the winter? We almost froze on the 1.5 mile walk back to our car after the game. It was c-o-l-d the entire week there. At least there was sunshine every day but one.

- Griffith Observatory is very cool. Weíre talking ďJames DeanĒ cool. Great exhibits, and a breath-taking view of the LA basin, the mountains, the ocean, the big Hollywood sign, etc.

- Drove to the Las Vegas airport Saturday (cheaper airfare home), it was 50 degrees with a cold rain and depressing skies. When we were there in July, it was blinding sun and 107 in the shade. No happy medium?

- We at in front row going home, only 2 seats on each side, with 6-inch divider between them. Spiritís version of first-class, I guess. And the seatbelts had airbags in them Ė say what?

- Was glad I chose valet parking at the OH lot. They had my truck ready and warmed up by the time the shuttle dropped us off from the airport early Sunday. Bonus - 30 bucks off for AAA members. $60 for 8 nights of parking plus valet service? I'll take it.

Ah, yes - the truck. The battery light went on as soon as we got on the freeway - no amps. A minute later, all the lights went out and all the gauges dropped to zero. Truck still running, and there's some morning twilight to see with. Made it another 15 miles to my house, parked it on the street, turned it off, and knew it wasn't going to come back on

Later that day we had it towed to the shop. Yesterday morning, learned the alternator had failed, belt tensioner assembly had worked itself loose. The technician said, "Alternator, tensioner, belt - that's all original equipment. Pretty good that it lasted 200,000 miles!"

Got my truck back at noon at a reasonable cost - ready to begin the next 200,000 miles. But first, a nap. Or two ........
Zunardo - I'm jealous! What a great trip and thanks for sharing your thoughts. Also, thanks for bringing home an OSU victory.

ROCK ON!
Old 01-08-19, 12:54 PM
All American

FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunardo View Post

- Our Ramada Inn had the worst free continental breakfast Iíve seen Ė at least put some artificial scrambled eggs out there for me!

- Thereís nothing like seeing the Rose Parade in person, and in a curbside seat. The bands are great, the horses and riders just glitter, and the floats are simply gorgeous and breath-taking.

- Chaka Khan definitely waved to me when she went by. Thatís my story, and Iím sticking to it. And I did get a photo of it.

- If you want to see both the Rose Parade AND the Rose Bowl football game, plan for only one on a particular year, then the other one the next year. Youíll be glad you did. Trust me on this.

- Once inside the Rose Bowl and seeing the field, I suddenly flashed back to watching the game on TV 50 years ago. I remember watching OJís early long TD run against the Buckeyes, almost being tears thinking OSU was going to lose.

- One OSU fan in front of us knocked over two consecutive beers onto his bleacher seat, just missing my new red-and-black New Balance kicks. His buddy almost knocked a third beer out of his hands. 13 bucks each, so he spent 39 bucks and only got to drink one of them Ö.

- Isnít southern California supposed be a warm in the winter? We almost froze on the 1.5 mile walk back to our car after the game. It was c-o-l-d the entire week there. At least there was sunshine every day but one.

- Griffith Observatory is very cool. Weíre talking ďJames DeanĒ cool. Great exhibits, and a breath-taking view of the LA basin, the mountains, the ocean, the big Hollywood sign, etc.

- We at in front row going home, only 2 seats on each side, with 6-inch divider between them. Spiritís version of first-class, I guess. And the seatbelts had airbags in them Ė say what?

Very cool, Zunardo! Loved reading about this. Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-08-19, 12:57 PM
All American

FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Who Knows View Post
Zunardo - I'm jealous! What a great trip and thanks for sharing your thoughts. Also, thanks for bringing home an OSU victory.

ROCK ON!
OWK -- IIRC, you were a coach at SVSM, back in the ‘70s. Must be pretty cool to see SVSM grads play in a bowl game (regardless of being used to seeing LeBron on TV)! I'll never forget how, in 2012, Dover got spanked by Parris Campbell and Dante Booker in the Final Four (my kid’s senior year), and SVSM went on to win the state championship. Then they won it again, the following year!

Hoping for that same excitement as Dover’s kicker, Jack Deneher, just signed to play for the Buckeyes! Know him and his family personally, and couldn’t be happier for them.

https://www.timesreporter.com/sports...-to-ohio-state
Old 01-08-19, 01:09 PM
All American

Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
Enjoyed your story, Zunardo! Thanks.

Sorry about your truck, although it sounds like it's giving you your money's worth! Nice that you didn't get stranded; and -- just think -- your truck got you to the airport, making your personal wave from Chaka Khan a reality!
Old 01-08-19, 03:57 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
OSU fans can't hold their beer.
Old 01-08-19, 04:30 PM
All American

Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Having been a college football fan for most of my 67 years, I honestly haven't seen too many rabid fans -- of any team -- who can (or care to) -- don'tcha think?
Old 01-08-19, 07:14 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monclova Steve View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest
Having been a college football fan for most of my 67 years, I honestly haven't seen too many rabid fans -- of any team -- who can (or care to) -- don'tcha think?

Most of them don't drop three cups in a row.
Old 01-08-19, 11:18 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballFan1795 View Post
OWK -- IIRC, you were a coach at SVSM, back in the Ď70s. Must be pretty cool to see SVSM grads play in a bowl game (regardless of being used to seeing LeBron on TV)! I'll never forget how, in 2012, Dover got spanked by Parris Campbell and Dante Booker in the Final Four (my kidís senior year), and SVSM went on to win the state championship. Then they won it again, the following year!

Hoping for that same excitement as Doverís kicker, Jack Deneher, just signed to play for the Buckeyes! Know him and his family personally, and couldnít be happier for them.

https://www.timesreporter.com/sports...-to-ohio-state
FootballFan1795 - Yes, I did coach at SVSM back in the '70s. It's always fun to watch Irish alums and other Akron area players on the tube. For what it's worth, I have many friends (some of them former coaches) in the Dover-New Philly area. That's a good area for high school sports; lots of interest.

Wishing Jack Deneher the best at Ohio State.

ROCK ON!
Old 01-10-19, 12:16 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown Benny View Post
The name of the book is "Tigerland" written by Columbus native Wil Haygood and chronicles the Columbus East Tigers basketball team dynasty that resulted in a 70-1 record over a three year period including back to back state championships in 1968 and 1969. The team only lost one game back in their sophomore year to city league rival Columbus Linden McKinley who ended up winning the state championship in 1967 led by Jim Cleamens and Skip Young.

The book also touches on the state baseball team state champions of Columbus East back in 1969 as well. The excerpt really whet my appetite for the book and it should be on my bookshelf within a day or two after its release.

Thought you any other Central Ohio HS basketball fans from the era may find the book interesting.
After seeing this post some time ago, I knew I wanted to read this book. Happened to see it on the featured display at the library on Monday, and just now finished it. Excellent read. The detail is astounding, it's written skillfully. and it's an eye-opener into a part of Columbus history I was unaware of.

The anecdote which really raised my eyebrows was about Governor Jim Rhodes inviting the basketball team to dinner at the governor's mansion, and what happened immediately afterward. Who'da thunk?
Old 01-13-19, 03:58 PM
All American

"My name is Marion. People call me Mrs. Wormer."

"Oh, we have a Dean Wormer at Faber."

"How interesting. I have a husband named Dean Wormer at Faber. You still want to show me your cucumber?" (Sorry - couldn't resist and they were looking at vegtables!)

Verna Bloom said it was one of her favorite parts in a long and continuous film career. From what I read, cast members stayed in touch with her her whole life.

Just another cultural touch point.

RIP - Verna Bloom - age 80.

Don't know if anyone had a chance last night but I shoveled our driveway around 10:00 and we had a little over three inches of snow. We are country folk and there was not a sound anywhere; no traffic; light but steady snow. Very nice. I came in and looked up Frost's poem.

Heard a couple of the weather guys yesterday saying that Feb. is suppose to be all winter. Maybe, we will have some more nights like last.

Thirteen years ago yesterday Jon Diebler scored 77 points as Upper beat Tiffin Columbian at Tiffin 105-100; Jon also established a record by going 27 of 28 from the line. Josh Moore scored 52 in a losing effort for T.C. Wild times!

There is a review in the current issue of the New Yorker of Tigerland. Thumbs up!
Old 01-13-19, 04:35 PM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road

:>---

EGA
Old 01-16-19, 06:08 AM
All Region

What a wonderful time that was in Upper Sandusky when the Dieblers put us on the map for a few years! I was at every game for years while the Rams were hot and our children were in the pep band and marching band. I miss those times but not the freezing in the stands nights at football games.

My husband shoveled snow the other day, too. We have a snow blower, but he didn't want to wake people up Sunday morning before we went to church.

I used to not be able to decide whether I disliked summer's heat or winter's cold more. I've decided it's winter's cold that's worse. In summer at least it cools down at night, but winter is cold the entire time. One good thing though- no bugs.

I do love the beauty of snow though. As long as I'm not out in it, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
Old 01-16-19, 08:17 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I used to not be able to decide whether I disliked summer's heat or winter's cold more. I've decided it's winter's cold that's worse. In summer at least it cools down at night, but winter is cold the entire time. One good thing though- no bugs.

I do love the beauty of snow though. As long as I'm not out in it, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
The way I look at it, in winter I can always add more clothes to stay warm. In summer there are only so many clothes I can take off to stay cool.

Eh, I do enjoy both seasons. But I will say this: in the winter I haven't had a garter snake latch onto a suitcase in the back of my garage that I've just picked up, jump off, and then try to race me to the house!

I've been reading on the sports forums here how there are fewer and fewer sports officials at the high school level. I guess OHSAA made an announcement this week addressing the situation, particularly for basketball, how fan abuse is one reason they have fewer applicants.

Anyone here ever work as a basketball ref? Always thought that was a particularly challenging sport to officiate.

Last edited by Zunardo; 01-16-19 at 08:42 AM.
Old 01-16-19, 10:22 AM
All Yappi

Still a fan of Winter, even like shoveling snow. Feels like an accomplishment. Though this season, we've been inundated more than usual by wild-life from the nearby park, seeking warmness in the houses. Nearly run over by a herd of wooly bears. Dangerous times.

I don't think I've even yelled at a sports official or I'm not admitting to it. One of those.
Old 01-16-19, 01:54 PM
All American

Good vibes all around. Nice piece on Verna Bloom

Every grocery store is under siege as snow - nado winds its way toward us. We have already acquired the numbers of four snow plow dudes. One is even coming to give us an estimate tonight. Hope he's not a robber! Our drive - 70 feet long, maybe 11-12 feet wide. Use to have a lady landscaper (that's how they would say what she is in Mayberry) a few years ago and she would do it for $20. She moved. And, we are not sure when to ask it to be done. Chances are everything will close Sat. afternoon (no need to tempt the fates by venturing out) so will probably see if he (she) can come Sunday morning.

And, yes, I have officiated. Way back in '82 - '84. The New Riegel A.D. gave me all of their j. high boys' and girls' games at $20 per. I had taught and coached at N.R. for three years previously. I was working then at Hopewell-Loudon H.S., about 6 miles a way and it was on the home. Four o'clock starts. On the couch by 6:30. good Gig!

Back then having recently discovered myself single (again), it seemed like a respectable way to get a few desperate bucks and presented what was one last somewhat futile attempt to get in "shape". I had to improve a rather weak brand. And, yes, I ran the floor with those young guys and gals. My partner was either the superintendent at H-L or a recent alum at N.R. Never really felt the wrath of anyone and the pay was always ready. Enjoyed it!

I had a friend who with another bud (Rob Lee, another famous U.S. grad) traveled all over the top of the state doing j.v. games for 4-5 years. They told several stories about being escorted to their car, etc. Rob Lee went on to officiate in at least one girls' state final.

Last edited by Bevo; 01-16-19 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-16-19, 05:18 PM
All Yappi

My plans...
Holing up for the next 7 days starting Friday.

EGA
Old 01-16-19, 05:47 PM
All Region

I didn't realize such a storm was coming when I went to Walmart tonight. I've never seen the bread aisle so completely emptied!
Old 01-16-19, 06:05 PM
All Yappi

Remember that 60+ degree day we had a little over a week ago...

Pick one -
Pay backs are a #$@%^!
What goes around comes around.

EGA
Old 01-17-19, 12:35 PM
All American

Chimney scheduled for a cleaning this afternoon, firewood is stacked on the back porch. Hoping the grocery stores do some shelf-stocking late tonight so I can get to the store in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiopup View Post
Remember that 60+ degree day we had a little over a week ago...
Whoa mama - yesterday my dad said it would be 5 above Monday, but this morning Al Roker disabused me of that notion.

Columbus State had Cuyahoga Community College scheduled for Saturday for a double-header, but they moved it to 5 PM Sunday because of the snow storm. Gonna be a cold drive home for Tri-C.
Old 01-17-19, 12:53 PM
All American

Well, if the percolator, Katie Couric is not around, you might as well be disabused by Al.

Sitting her watching the light snow in the quiet with the fireplace roaring. My wife will come in later and drop the thermostat about 5 degrees.

Back in the day I was a fan of poet Richard Brautigan, an acquired hippie taste from that period. I mentioned a couple of days ago that I had revisited Frost's poem. Just now I looked at Brautigan's Snow Makes Me Sad.

Not for everyone; I have several of his collections. The only person I ever ran into who knew who Brauitigan was, was a a law librarian at Ohio Northern University. She was sort of a "Whole Earth Catalogue" (remember that?) kind of chick. She posted a sign once noting his birthday.

Peace.
Old 01-17-19, 03:45 PM
All Yappi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Brautigan

FWIW: Ohio Northern was the alma mater of former McKinley basketball coach
Bob Rupert.

prior to McKinley he coached at
Pemberville and Toledo Libbey
post McKinley
he coached for a short stint in Saudi Arabia
then a year at Ak.Firestone (HS)
before moving on to Baldwin Wallace
then the University of Akron.

EGA
Old 01-17-19, 07:20 PM
All American

It's that type of response that has made this "thang" we do on here, a beacon for almost twenty years .

"All of us has a place in history. Mine is the clouds." R. B.

Snow Makes Me Sad -

Flying East today first to Chicago, then to North Carolina snow makes me sad below in the mountains of the West.

It is the white sadness that rises from California, Nevada, Utah and Colorado to visit the airplane like a snowy 1943 map of my childhood. - R. B.

Art is personal - Bevo

Last edited by Bevo; 01-17-19 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-19-19, 12:39 PM
All American

Snowing hard and windy in Upper Sand. Maybe getting close to 3/4 inch an hour now. Everything, everywhere is closed. Mail guy just dropped off - that's a 100 feet from the house so it will require major winter gear to fetch the news.

Gotta a guy coming in the morning to dig us out. Wifey sick and weak, daughter ditto that and six miles way. That leaves me to shovel - ain't gonna happen or the squad will be out here. Rain below Columbus - wow. And they are still suppose to get six inches of snow tonight. We could easily go a foot here before it's all over.

Going to trek to the mail box now after I tie a rope to the porch and the other end around my waist!
Old 01-19-19, 02:29 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Snowing hard and windy in Upper Sand. Maybe getting close to 3/4 inch an hour now. Everything, everywhere is closed. Mail guy just dropped off - that's a 100 feet from the house so it will require major winter gear to fetch the news.

Gotta a guy coming in the morning to dig us out. Wifey sick and weak, daughter ditto that and six miles way. That leaves me to shovel - ain't gonna happen or the squad will be out here. Rain below Columbus - wow. And they are still suppose to get six inches of snow tonight. We could easily go a foot here before it's all over.

Going to trek to the mail box now after I tie a rope to the porch and the other end around my waist!
Bevo - Don't do anything stupid. The snow can get plowed tomorrow. This looks like a great weekend to stay inside.

Michigan lost, so only Virginia remains unbeaten. UVA plays at Duke at 6:00. Just stay inside and watch hoops today and football tomorrow.

Good luck getting your mail, but that can wait too.

Keep the Ball Rollin'

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: