Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
Old 12-09-16, 06:38 AM
All Region

OH BOY is on a distinguished road
Rose Lavelle

Rose played club for Cup.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-16, 12:57 PM
All Ohio

Soccer Toe is on a distinguished road
My daughter's team played against Cup/Rose Lavelle in what was my daughter's last club game before going off to college. She was a joy to watch and she schooled us that day. Somehow my daughter's team won the top bracket of MRL that year earning promotion to the NL. I think Rose may have guest played for OE a few times.

Last edited by Soccer Toe; 12-09-16 at 02:07 PM..
Old 12-10-16, 02:34 PM
All American

buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Agree, Rose was a joy to watch. Even her own teammates watched her. She was the only player on the pitch when she played Club and HS. At least that is what she thought.
Old 12-10-16, 05:32 PM
All Region

belied dat is on a distinguished road
Since it's close enough, and it's been talked about before...

University of Kentucky had a coaching change. Coach Lipsitz was let go, assistant coach Ian Carry is now the new head coach.
Old 12-10-16, 08:29 PM
All American

Some vocal parents of kids that were Studs at their club, but struggled at the next level, got into the ear of the assistant coach. Old Lippy got blindsided. Look for these kids to get more playing time early on and also look for KY to keep sliding backwards. Bad recruiting has bit them hard.
Old 12-11-16, 07:52 AM
Varsity

Gr8tS0ccr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
Some vocal parents of kids that were Studs at their club, but struggled at the next level, got into the ear of the assistant coach. Old Lippy got blindsided. Look for these kids to get more playing time early on and also look for KY to keep sliding backwards. Bad recruiting has bit them hard.

Raw deal for Jon. One of the best coaches I know, and someone I have had multiple players play for over the years. He will land somewhere and do great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-16, 07:12 PM
All Ohio

Soccer Toe is on a distinguished road
Hoping he does not land in Cincinnati
Old 12-12-16, 02:04 AM
Cooling Off

Possessed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Truth.
Old 12-12-16, 08:24 AM
All Ohio

Juan Pelota is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I heard from reliable sources close to the program that the assistant coach, that is the new hc, helped throw him under the bus. it will be a toxic environment in lexington for awhile.
Old 12-12-16, 09:31 AM
All District

Conan73 is on a distinguished road
In 2014, UK's record was 16-7-1 / conference was 8-3-0. In 2015, the record was 9-7-4 / conference was 3-5-3. In 2016, the record was 5-9-4 / conference was 1-7-3. This is an SEC school. Winning tends to emphasized across all sports, not just the big revenue sports. Politics aside, the team was not moving in a positive direction. So, the coach had to go. Win you get the job at the bigger programs, getting fired over a losing record is not unusual. The key now is what happens to any verbal commits? Does the new coach keep them or does he try and start over?
Old 12-12-16, 10:02 AM
All District

Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan73 View Post
In 2014, UK's record was 16-7-1 / conference was 8-3-0. In 2015, the record was 9-7-4 / conference was 3-5-3. In 2016, the record was 5-9-4 / conference was 1-7-3. This is an SEC school. Winning tends to emphasized across all sports, not just the big revenue sports. Politics aside, the team was not moving in a positive direction. So, the coach had to go. Win you get the job at the bigger programs, getting fired over a losing record is not unusual. The key now is what happens to any verbal commits? Does the new coach keep them or does he try and start over?
Heard (Unsubstantiated source) that UK cleaned house on verbals. I'd be interested in confirmation.
Old 12-12-16, 10:56 AM
All Ohio

CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
knowledge from parents is amazing no such thing as secrets i reckon
Old 12-12-16, 11:24 AM
All Region

belied dat is on a distinguished road
No doubt about it Coach Lipsitz did a good job with the program. He took over a mess. While the 2016 season didn't go as planned, I'm sure, by his standard...there shouldn't be any disappointment with what Coach Lipsitz did. He finished with a greater than .500 record overall, unfortunately the 2016 season took his SEC record sub-.500.

As mentioned, the SEC is winning focused. In women's soccer, it's extremely competitive. With the new facilities at UK, results are even more important. Will be interesting to see what happens!
Old 12-12-16, 04:06 PM
All American

Hearing problems at Louisville also. Another STUD bites the dust?
Old 12-12-16, 04:34 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Believe a girl from Louisville (went to Mason?) has transferred to UC. Sorry don't know the name. Not as knowledgable on this inside baseball stuff as some of you. Begins with a V?
Old 12-12-16, 06:06 PM
All American

That is what I am hearing all sorts of rumors as to why. Anybody know the real story?
Old 12-12-16, 09:30 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
Believe a girl from Louisville (went to Mason?) has transferred to UC. Sorry don't know the name. Not as knowledgable on this inside baseball stuff as some of you. Begins with a V?
she wanted to transfer before this past season but for whatever reason didn't.

uc is going to have a HUGE roster....35+ easily.....
Old 12-12-16, 10:09 PM
All Region

Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
I don't understand these 30+ rosters. Smart on the coaches part I suppose, but I would be worried as a player for my future if I wasn't getting any money.
Old 12-12-16, 10:40 PM
All American

A full ride to Louisville, playing soccer in the best conference, and she wanted UC? That is beyond odd.
Old 12-13-16, 09:08 AM
All District

Ruger is on a distinguished road
Most kids playing at UC are not going there because they got a good deal !

UC has a history of not giving out School money at all, total low ball school.

that's why they will always just be the brides maid and never the bride.

But a very good engineering school, so just remember you still have to pay your students loans once you graduate.

But kids and parents keep drinking the Koolaid there
Old 12-13-16, 12:32 PM
All District

Red Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
A full ride to Louisville, playing soccer in the best conference, and she wanted UC? That is beyond odd.
I agree...Plus it's the best facility around! Only 1.5 hours away, so not home sick. This one does seem strange, has to be a coach/formation/position issue.
Old 12-13-16, 05:06 PM
All American

Rumor is scholarship was significantly reduced. Could not hang. Now the picture is getting clearer. Nobody leaves the best league, on TV every game, for a low level league. Positive, UC should be loaded.
Old 12-13-16, 06:00 PM
All District

Conan73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger View Post
Most kids playing at UC are not going there because they got a good deal !

UC has a history of not giving out School money at all, total low ball school.

that's why they will always just be the brides maid and never the bride.

But a very good engineering school, so just remember you still have to pay your students loans once you graduate.

But kids and parents keep drinking the Koolaid there
A local D1 coach told me that the expanded roster size (max 30) helped encourage early commits. They are basically gambling when they commit a 9th or 10th grader. To hedge their bets, they over recruit. That way, if a kid or 2 or 3 doesn't pan out, they are covered. Because recruiting budgets didn't go up with the expanded roster size, they bring more recruits in but at less money on a per recruit basis.

I once heard the UC coach say that he inherited a mess from the previous coach and he's trying to build it up. Overall, they now have a winning record, but they are middle of the pack in conference play. One think that this should improve over time.

The coach also said that he was impressed with the local Ohio talent (Cinci-Dayton-Columbus-Cleveland), and he wanted to win the recruiting battle for Ohio talent. He said it is a huge positive when kids can play the majority of their home games before their parents.

I can't say how much money per player he shells out. I do know that he told some class of 2018 recruits that they ran out of money. My guess is that he gives more $ to out of state players. A side benefit of recruiting local talent is that they are paying in-state tuition. So, he can get away with giving them less money because the tuition bill will be lower.

Sounds like this is a smart strategy if he can attract more than his fair share of elite local talent. Appeal to the possibility of playing before mom and dad, and take advantage of the fact that these kids pay in-state tuition
Old 12-13-16, 06:10 PM
All Region

MichaelPat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan73 View Post
A local D1 coach told me that the expanded roster size (max 30) helped encourage early commits. They are basically gambling when they commit a 9th or 10th grader. To hedge their bets, they over recruit. That way, if a kid or 2 or 3 doesn't pan out, they are covered. Because recruiting budgets didn't go up with the expanded roster size, they bring more recruits in but at less money on a per recruit basis.

I once heard the UC coach say that he inherited a mess from the previous coach and he's trying to build it up. Overall, they now have a winning record, but they are middle of the pack in conference play. One think that this should improve over time.

The coach also said that he was impressed with the local Ohio talent (Cinci-Dayton-Columbus-Cleveland), and he wanted to win the recruiting battle for Ohio talent. He said it is a huge positive when kids can play the majority of their home games before their parents.

I can't say how much money per player he shells out. I do know that he told some class of 2018 recruits that they ran out of money. My guess is that he gives more $ to out of state players. A side benefit of recruiting local talent is that they are paying in-state tuition. So, he can get away with giving them less money because the tuition bill will be lower.

Sounds like this is a smart strategy if he can attract more than his fair share of elite local talent. Appeal to the possibility of playing before mom and dad, and take advantage of the fact that these kids pay in-state tuition
I know one local is getting a full ride so it is being done . Those big rosters I think are an issue however.
Old 12-13-16, 10:15 PM
All American

Is it not better to stay and get in state tuition and a partial, rather than go out of state, get a full and be evaluated and get it cut after two years? Kind of brutal on the kid if you ask me.
Old 12-20-16, 08:18 PM
All District

LE Hawks is on a distinguished road
Eric Golz named Head Coach at UD. Former recruiting coordinator under Tucker in 2011. Most recently head coach at Illinois State.
Old 12-29-16, 06:14 PM
All District

sportsfanofyear is on a distinguished road
BGSU new women's coach, Matt Fannon - http://www.bgsufalcons.com/news/2016...cer-coach.aspx
Old 01-04-17, 09:10 AM
All American

One of the most highly recruited kids ever in our area. Heard Louisville even put up a billboard in Mason welcoming her to the program. She leaves to go to UC? Either Louisville did some house cleaning, or their program has major issues. Recruiting class will tell the tale.
Old 01-04-17, 06:01 PM
All District

Red Red is on a distinguished road
I heard it was UL decision, UC will be a better fit for her. I hope things work out for her...
Old 01-05-17, 12:11 PM
All Ohio

exciting times for rose lavelle

these are exciting times for rose lavelle. she's projected to be a high pick in the nwsl draft, perhaps at the #1 spot to the boston breakers, and she has also been called up again to train with the uswnt.

more here:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...pick/96169934/

let's see if ohio elite again tries to opportunistically take any credit for rose's accomplishments as it did when the ecnl announced p5 conference awards and the clubs that those players came from.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: