Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-25-18, 05:58 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
The only ignorant statement is writing an open letter of how much you love home and will retire here...then leave. That's ignorant.

And I never burnt his jersey...which saved me from having to buy a new one when he came back.
Leaving after this year means he somehow can't retire in Cleveland? What another ignorant statement.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-18, 05:59 AM
All World

Quote:
He gushed all over SI about how much NEO means to him. He screws those fans over TWICE? yeah he's a fraud.
You do realize someone can love a city, have that city mean a lot to him, and still not want to work there right? His feelings for the city and his desire to work there are not mutually exclusive.
Old 05-25-18, 06:00 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
He has been to the Finals 3 straight years with Cleveland with a championship. What exactly do you think he wants? You honestly think that putting LeBron on the Lakers, SAS, or Philly gets him another championship instead of staying in CLE?
No, probably not but better chances than CLE, yes.
Old 05-25-18, 06:09 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Agree.

I wasn't really mad LeBron left in 2010 but the way he did it was what annoyed me about it. The guy literally brought US (NE Ohio) the Title we have been waiting for. Do I think he will leave? I don't know but I certainly won't begrudge him if he does. My only thing is where would he go? Philly he could probably get some rings.

Best scenario would draft one of Wendell Carter/Trae Young/Colin Sexton. Nance and Clarkson develop (really like the upside on Nance). Cut some of the excess salaries. Either commit to George Hill at PG or trade him and get a Kemba Walker type of player.
I'll begrudge him... because the reason for leaving, like the first time, would be BS.

The first time he left a team coming off consecutive 60 win seasons and a Finals appearance a 3rd year... clearly one of the top teams in the league. This time he'd be leaving a team that's gone to 3 consecutive Finals and won a title... again clearly one of the top teams in the league. So the can't compete stuff is nonsense.
Old 05-25-18, 06:12 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Leaving after this year means he somehow can't retire in Cleveland? What another ignorant statement.
Yes. Unless you are talking about one of those silly 1 day contracts.

Oh I know he"ll come back when he's 40 and washed up...who cares at that point?
Old 05-25-18, 06:12 AM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Yet he has been to the Finals 3 straight years WITH CLE. Has a championship, and has an opportunity to get there again this year. I would agree with your championship assessment IF he was playing on a CLE team that couldn’t get to the Finals, so he may want to make a move. But this team continues to win the East every year and play for a title. Right here in his hometown. Where his foundation is. Where his kids go to school. Where his wife’s foundation is. Where is home is. He’s not going anywhere.
Old 05-25-18, 06:20 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Yet he has been to the Finals 3 straight years WITH CLE. Has a championship, and has an opportunity to get there again this year. I would agree with your championship assessment IF he was playing on a CLE team that couldn’t get to the Finals, so he may want to make a move. But this team continues to win the East every year and play for a title. Right here in his hometown. Where his foundation is. Where his kids go to school. Where his wife’s foundation is. Where is home is. He’s not going anywhere.
Exactly. These people act like the Cavs are missing the playoffs or barely squeaking in...4 straight conference finals, at least 3 straight Finals and a title. They just swept the #1 seed.

But hey he's gotta leave because the Cavs can't compete
Old 05-25-18, 06:29 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
So he's going to screw over home, again, and not get any farther than if he stayed home... awesome.

How do you think Simmons will react to having the ball taken out of his hands? He'll be pouting in the corner like Kyrie.
Old 05-25-18, 07:22 AM
All American

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
I love the Cavs but why are you on here acting like the Cavs just lost game 6 and Lebron just said after the game he is leaving ?
Every post is, he’s screwing home, he is a fraud, he’s leaving a great team... yet they still can win this series and possibly the finals.
R-E-L-A-X
Old 05-25-18, 08:36 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
I love the Cavs but why are you on here acting like the Cavs just lost game 6 and Lebron just said after the game he is leaving ?
Every post is, he’s screwing home, he is a fraud, he’s leaving a great team... yet they still can win this series and possibly the finals.
R-E-L-A-X
No I'm replying to the sentiment that he's definitely leaving. I don't think he is but if he does my statement stands.
Old 05-25-18, 08:38 AM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Im not even sure I would put Kyrie in the top 10, at any point in his career
Kyrie the past three years has easily been a top 10 player in the league. He's a f**king killer in the playoffs
Old 05-25-18, 09:42 AM
All World

Quote:
Yes. Unless you are talking about one of those silly 1 day contracts.

Oh I know he"ll come back when he's 40 and washed up...who cares at that point?
So you're upset with him because you thought he said something other than what he actually said? He said he'd retire a Cav, you seemed to have taken that as "I'll finish my playing days as a Cav." That's on you.
Old 05-25-18, 09:45 AM
All World

Quote:
I haven't made an argument one way or the other if he'll leave or not. But to act like he is enjoying carrying an underachieving team year after year, like y2h is, is moronic. I'm pointing out how ridiculous y2h's comments are.

Cleveland isn't his hometown, he's made that point very clear his whole career. His and his wife's foundations can be ran from anywhere in the world.
Old 05-25-18, 09:49 AM
All World

Quote:
So he's going to screw over home, again, and not get any farther than if he stayed home... awesome.

How do you think Simmons will react to having the ball taken out of his hands? He'll be pouting in the corner like Kyrie.
Except he wouldn't be screwing home over so your first point is moot. Even if it wasn't a moot point, those aren't his only destinations.

I don't know Simmons personality. Nor do you. So neither of us really know how Simmons will react. I'm guessing Simmons would be rather excited to learn from someone who has a similar game-style at point forward.
Old 05-25-18, 10:07 AM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Except he wouldn't be screwing home over so your first point is moot. Even if it wasn't a moot point, those aren't his only destinations.

I don't know Simmons personality. Nor do you. So neither of us really know how Simmons will react. I'm guessing Simmons would be rather excited to learn from someone who has a similar game-style at point forward.
Sorta like Kyrie was ... well maybe not
Old 05-25-18, 10:36 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Kyrie the past three years has easily been a top 10 player in the league. He's a f**king killer in the playoffs
It’s funny how people forget, in 3 playoff seasons with the Cavs he averaged 24ppg that is incredible to do that playing with Lebron.
Old 05-25-18, 10:47 AM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
The offense combination of he and LeBron coming at you for 40 minutes with all those shooters around them could only have been beaten by an all time team (like the Warriors of the past couple years) IMO
Old 05-25-18, 02:05 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
When he was in Cleveland he was top 5, after another knee surgery we will have to see how he comes back.
At that time it was Lebron, Durant, Leonard and Westbrook.
We'll agree to disagree. Sounds like a Cavs home pick on your part. There's still AD, Harden, Steph out there also.
Old 05-25-18, 02:08 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
If he leaves he is a fraud and his legacy is garbage.

I love the fantasy of all the other teams he is supposedly going to...they'll have the same salary cap problems as the Cavs. Going West? So he can run into GS or Houston before the Finals? Going to Philly he'd still have to get through Boston.

As for an aging roster I guess people missed the trade deadline deals...they got much younger. Given the playoff experience and an entire off season to gell rather than thrown into the fire this is a better team next year...and we are talking about a team that is going at least 6 in the ECF and swept the #1 seed.
Well two of the top places he'll supposedly go to are Houston and Philly, in addition to LA. He immediately makes Houston better than GS. He immediately makes Philly better than Boston.
Old 05-25-18, 02:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
He has been to the Finals 3 straight years with Cleveland with a championship. What exactly do you think he wants? You honestly think that putting LeBron on the Lakers, SAS, or Philly gets him another championship instead of staying in CLE?
LAL - no
SAS - yes
Philly - yes
HOU - yes
LAC - no
NY - no
CLE - maybe
Old 05-25-18, 02:14 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
So where is Durant going next year?

Down 3-2 in the conference finals clearly he can't compete with GS.
You'll see Klay and Draymond leave before KD. He has a couple of business ventures up there, which is one of the reasons he went there in the first place.
Old 05-25-18, 02:25 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I'll begrudge him... because the reason for leaving, like the first time, would be BS.

The first time he left a team coming off consecutive 60 win seasons and a Finals appearance a 3rd year... clearly one of the top teams in the league. This time he'd be leaving a team that's gone to 3 consecutive Finals and won a title... again clearly one of the top teams in the league. So the can't compete stuff is nonsense.
Well Miami got blown out against SA in those Finals. Wade was getting older, you have to think he knew Bosh wouldn't be playing as much. The window was closing and he saw an out.

Let's look at it this way - when you compare LeBron to MJ what is the number one argument for MJ? Rings 6-3. LeBron himself has said he's chasing MJ's ghost - he wants and needs more rings. That doesn't look/seem as likely to happen in Cleveland. You can say they swept the #1 seed, but they also went 7 against Indiana and will have to go 7 just to beat Boston without Kyrie and Hayward.
Old 05-25-18, 02:39 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
The whole conversation is based on if they lose tonight or Sunday - I think they win tonight and force Game 7. But if he loses to Boston and misses the Finals you don't think he would be concerned with Cleveland's status in the East? With Boston missing their two best players and Philadelphia on the rise? You'd have to have your head in the sand to think he isn't having thoughts about leaving.

Now if Cleveland comes back - I'd bet good money they do - he most likely won't leave. I'll concede that.
Old 05-25-18, 03:00 PM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Cleveland most likely won't come back and he'll leave regardless.
Old 05-25-18, 07:51 PM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Love on the bench.
Old 05-25-18, 08:37 PM
All American

Lebron James....
Save some for Sunday.
Old 05-25-18, 09:55 PM
All American

Those last 2 3’s were unreal.
Old 05-25-18, 10:04 PM
All American

No Love no problem.

The show will roll on...
Old 05-25-18, 10:19 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
Well, if this was indeed his last home game in Cleveland, he certainly went out on a high note.
Old 05-25-18, 10:28 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
Well, if this was indeed his last home game in Cleveland, he certainly went out on a high note.
Yup! No hard feelings at this point for LeBron. Everything from this point on is just a bonus. Sudden death for the Finals with Kyrie on the bench. Whole new level we're at now. Can the kids in Boston handle the pressure?

GO CAVS