Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Hockey (College/High School)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-13-16, 01:14 PM
TheDude89 TheDude89 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-25-16
Posts: 3
TheDude89 is on a distinguished road
2016-17 Hockey Season

Who are the contenders around the state this year?

St. Francis looks like the favorite to come out of the Northwest again.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 12-22-16, 06:13 PM
runner guy runner guy is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 10-23-15
Posts: 16
runner guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude89 View Post
Who are the contenders around the state this year?

St. Francis looks like the favorite to come out of the Northwest again.
I think BG will be able to get them this year.

Out of Brooklyn Ignatius and Ed's are pretty evenly matched, Ignatius beat Ed's in OT so they have the upper hand as of now rankings wise.

Out of the Kent District I would have to think as of now it's between Shaker, U.S. and Walsh.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-23-16, 08:12 PM
arizonawildcat arizonawildcat is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-13-09
Posts: 6,122
arizonawildcat is on a distinguished road
St. Francis and Ignatius swapped romps this week in the Padua Classic.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-27-16, 12:54 PM
TheDude89 TheDude89 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-25-16
Posts: 3
TheDude89 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by runner guy View Post
I think BG will be able to get them this year.

Out of Brooklyn Ignatius and Ed's are pretty evenly matched, Ignatius beat Ed's in OT so they have the upper hand as of now rankings wise.

Out of the Kent District I would have to think as of now it's between Shaker, U.S. and Walsh.
BG is intriguing. Their top line is probably as good as any in the state, but they have a short bench and only play 2 lines and 4-5 D. They've made it work for the most part so far.

Iggy and St. Francis split their two games. I think those two are probably still the best in the state right now.

Kent looks like it could be a real toss up. The teams you mentioned are all solid.

Don't know much about the Columbus district but I saw that St. Charles had some success in the Padua tourney.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-29-16, 12:22 AM
runner guy runner guy is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 10-23-15
Posts: 16
runner guy is on a distinguished road
I think this is the weakest most of the schools in Northeast Ohio have been in a while. The gap between the public and private schools this year is not as large as it has been in the past 3 or 4 years. Hell even the gap between the top teams in the white division and the red division isn't that much this year, and most of those teams in the red have played some private schools tough. A public school might be able to pull off an upset in the playoffs against one of the "top" private schools.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-12-17, 04:02 PM
EagleFan's Avatar
EagleFan EagleFan is offline
On Vacation
 
Join Date: 03-04-02
Location: Avon
Posts: 18,768
EagleFan will become famous soon enough
AP State Rankings 1/10/17
1. Cleveland St. Ignatius 99 (9)
2. Toledo St. Francis de Sales 91 (1)
3. Lakewood St. Edward 77
4. Hunting Valley University School 70
5. Columbus St. Charles 54
6. Bowling Green 49
7. Upper Arlington 40
8. Shaker Heights 23
9. Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jesuit 17
10. Findlay 15
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-13-17, 02:13 PM
EaglePride01 EaglePride01 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-04-05
Posts: 5,806
EaglePride01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
AP State Rankings 1/10/17
1. Cleveland St. Ignatius 99 (9)
2. Toledo St. Francis de Sales 91 (1)
3. Lakewood St. Edward 77
4. Hunting Valley University School 70
5. Columbus St. Charles 54
6. Bowling Green 49
7. Upper Arlington 40
8. Shaker Heights 23
9. Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jesuit 17
10. Findlay 15
That top 5 looks spot on, and the results so far this year make it appear that on any given night each one of those top 5 could beat each other.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-14-17, 12:01 PM
runner guy runner guy is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 10-23-15
Posts: 16
runner guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglePride01 View Post
That top 5 looks spot on, and the results so far this year make it appear that on any given night each one of those top 5 could beat each other.
Holy Name beat St. Charles last night. I think it's closer to anyone in the top 10 could beat each other on any given night.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2016 - 2017 Canton McKinley Boys Basketball Season IUDOGS Boys Basketball 134 01-16-17 08:40 AM
2016 - 2017 Canton McKinley Girls Basketball Season IUDOGS Girls Basketball 12 01-15-17 07:34 AM
2016 Season Talk cbusref Volleyball 35 10-13-16 02:18 PM
Sneaky good wrestlers in 2015-2016 McClearn7 Wrestling 32 03-12-16 11:17 AM
Darby D-1 District Preview McClearn7 Wrestling 30 12-10-15 11:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz