Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who will win each district in the DIV Bowling Green?
[Elida] Antwerp (Antwerp) 0 0%
[Elida] Ayersville (Defiance) 0 0%
[Elida] Continental (Continental) 0 0%
[Elida] Crestview (Convoy) 7 77.78%
[Elida] Fort Jennings (Fort Jennings) 0 0%
[Elida] Hicksville (Hicksville) 0 0%
[Elida] Lincolnview (Van Wert) 0 0%
[Elida] Ottoville (Ottoville) 0 0%
[Elida] Parkway (Rockford) 0 0%
[Elida] St John's (Delphos) 0 0%
[Elida] Wayne Trace (Haviland) 1 11.11%
[Findlay] Arcadia (Arcadia) 0 0%
[Findlay] Columbus Grove (Columbus Grove) 0 0%
[Findlay] Cory-Rawson (Rawson) 0 0%
[Findlay] Holgate (Holgate) 0 0%
[Findlay] Kalida (Kalida) 0 0%
[Findlay] Leipsic (Leipsic) 0 0%
[Findlay] Mc Comb (Mc Comb) 0 0%
[Findlay] Miller City (Miller City) 0 0%
[Findlay] North Baltimore (North Baltimore) 0 0%
[Findlay] Pandora-Gilboa (Pandora) 6 66.67%
[Findlay] Patrick Henry (Hamler) 0 0%
[Fostoria] Arlington (Arlington) 3 33.33%
[Fostoria] Calvert (Tiffin) 0 0%
[Fostoria] Hardin Northern (Dola) 0 0%
[Fostoria] Hopewell-Loudon (Bascom) 1 11.11%
[Fostoria] Mohawk (Sycamore) 0 0%
[Fostoria] New Riegel (New Riegel) 0 0%
[Fostoria] Old Fort (Tiffin) 1 11.11%
[Fostoria] Riverdale (Mt. Blanchard) 0 0%
[Fostoria] Seneca East (Attica) 0 0%
[Fostoria] St Joseph Central Catholic (Fremont) 1 11.11%
[Fostoria] Vanlue (Vanlue) 0 0%
[Napolean] Edgerton (Edgerton) 0 0%
[Napolean] Edon (Edon) 0 0%
[Napolean] Emmanuel Christian School (Toledo) 0 0%
[Napolean] Fayette (Fayette) 0 0%
[Napolean] Hilltop (West Unity) 0 0%
[Napolean] Maumee Valley Country Day (Toledo) 0 0%
[Napolean] Montpelier (Montpelier) 0 0%
[Napolean] North Central (Pioneer) 0 0%
[Napolean] Ottawa Hills (Toledo) 0 0%
[Napolean] Pettisville (Pettisville) 3 33.33%
[Napolean] Stryker (Stryker) 0 0%
[Napolean] Toledo Christian (Toledo) 3 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-18, 10:31 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
DIV Bowling Green Regional

Discuss the DIV Bowling Green and pick a champion from each district...

Brackets:
Elida: http://brackets.myohsaa.org/bracket....s=20369&not=11
Findlay: http://brackets.myohsaa.org/bracket....s=20366&not=11
Fostoria: http://brackets.myohsaa.org/bracket....s=20373&not=11
Napolean: http://brackets.myohsaa.org/bracket....s=20358&not=12
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-18, 09:12 AM
All Ohio

tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
Nice to see some variety in the voting....but c'mon, Pettisville and Arlington have as much chance of moving on as the Browns do of winning the Super Bowl....lol. This Regional is Crestview's to lose....and I don' t see that happening. Knight fans can start packing their bags for Columbus
Old 02-13-18, 09:48 AM
Freshman

braygatron4 is on a distinguished road
If not Pettisville/Arlington, who else from that District will make it out? Pettisville, Toledo Christian, and MVCD have an equal chance to make it to regionals from Napoleon. And Arlington is the best average team in the horribly weak Fostoria district.

None of these teams would be favorites over the top four seeds in the Elida/Findlay Districts. Really wish they would go to a super-district seeding to even out the Districts. They do this in The Columbus/Dayton Districts. I'm sure teams/fans wouldn't mind traveling a little further in return for the top teams getting spread out. The top three teams in Elida District -- Crestview, WT, Delphos St. John's -- realistically should all be in Regionals with maybe Pandora-Gilboa being the other.
Old 02-13-18, 09:56 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by braygatron4 View Post
If not Pettisville/Arlington, who else from that District will make it out? Pettisville, Toledo Christian, and MVCD have an equal chance to make it to regionals from Napoleon. And Arlington is the best average team in the horribly weak Fostoria district.

None of these teams would be favorites over the top four seeds in the Elida/Findlay Districts. Really wish they would go to a super-district seeding to even out the Districts. They do this in The Columbus/Dayton Districts. I'm sure teams/fans wouldn't mind traveling a little further in return for the top teams getting spread out. The top three teams in Elida District -- Crestview, WT, Delphos St. John's -- realistically should all be in Regionals with maybe Pandora-Gilboa being the other.
Sorry, didn't read it close enough....I missed the part about "each district"....thought the voting was for who would win the regional. In that case, the Birds and Devils probably deserve a couple votes
Old 02-13-18, 10:12 AM
Freshman

braygatron4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcgobucks View Post
Sorry, didn't read it close enough....I missed the part about "each district"....thought the voting was for who would win the regional. In that case, the Birds and Devils probably deserve a couple votes
In that case, you're right. Crestview's regional to lose. Still think P-G has as good of a shot as anyone to take them down, though.
Old 02-13-18, 02:36 PM
Freshman

thereckoning is on a distinguished road
Good thought process for sure. The problem lies within the Super-sectional that Crestview/Wayne Trace/St Johns has elected into via the Northwest District. At some point, one would think that coaches would see this as a problem and ask out of the super-sectional format in the northwest district and get back to traveling like they did a few years ago. Crestview and St Johns would still meet in Districts (most likely) because they have for a long time, but Wayne Trace could go north.
Old 02-13-18, 05:13 PM
Freshman

allohiotraveler is on a distinguished road
Very much agree with Crestview's regional to lose. While experienced though, youth may get them in the regional... Look at how long it took Helm, Bolenbaugh, and Etzler to break through. I realize neither of the three with like Javin. However, we shall see. I watched P-G and think they have a lack of impact players. Johnson is very good, but ball handling is an issue for most of the team, outside a few players. I think a matchup with St. Henrys or Fort Loramie is imminent for the Knights.
Old 02-14-18, 12:52 PM
Freshman

thereckoning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by allohiotraveler View Post
Very much agree with Crestview's regional to lose. While experienced though, youth may get them in the regional... Look at how long it took Helm, Bolenbaugh, and Etzler to break through. I realize neither of the three with like Javin. However, we shall see. I watched P-G and think they have a lack of impact players. Johnson is very good, but ball handling is an issue for most of the team, outside a few players. I think a matchup with St. Henrys or Fort Loramie is imminent for the Knights.
Only one player in the rotation younger than a junior, correct? And a few of them have been playing varsity since frosh/soph year and are juniors and seniors. I think Crestview's time has arrived. And agree that St Henry is going to be a state showdown for them. Two teams that "know" eachother and likely play summer ball against eachother. Makes for a good story if it comes to that.
Old 02-14-18, 01:01 PM
Varsity

BacktoBack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Very much agree with Crestview's regional to lose. While experienced though, youth may get them in the regional... Look at how long it took Helm, Bolenbaugh, and Etzler to break through. I realize neither of the three with like Javin. However, we shall see.
That was one of the best high school teams I have ever seen anywhere. And when I say team, I mean synergy, synchronicity, unity. I was shocked when I heard Helm wasn't playing basketball, but rather baseball at the next level. When I think of great high school teams(especially at the D3/D4 level), they are the gold standard to me.

Have not seen Javin since early this year and am looking forward to it. Unless something strange happens, I agree with the others that it is Crestview's regional to lose.
Old 02-15-18, 12:56 PM
Freshman

allohiotraveler is on a distinguished road
That team (2013-2014 Crestview Knights) was fun to watch. Their state semifinal game was Thursday night against New Madison Tri Village and those two little communities rocked the Schott. I believe that was a close game through and through. This Crestview team is tough as well. Jeremy Best can coach these kids up. I worry about shooting from this team, outside of Butts and Etzler. Kline can be suspect. That makes me think they could get upset.. but it seems likely they won't. Might be forming a nice two year dynasty (Lincolnview 95-97)?
Old 02-15-18, 01:25 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I guess like anything else, strange things can happen, but if both teams play as well as they can, PG's got nothing for Crestview. Personally I think that if PG palyed the same schedule as Delphos St Johns or St Henry that they're likely a 15-16 win team at best instead of the likely 21 that they'll end up. I just don't see their schedule preparing them to face the teams they're going to see if they manage to get out of the District
Old 02-17-18, 11:06 PM
All Yappi

111411 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcgobucks View Post
I guess like anything else, strange things can happen, but if both teams play as well as they can, PG's got nothing for Crestview. Personally I think that if PG palyed the same schedule as Delphos St Johns or St Henry that they're likely a 15-16 win team at best instead of the likely 21 that they'll end up. I just don't see their schedule preparing them to face the teams they're going to see if they manage to get out of the District
Who's the head coach at PG?