Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-12-18, 04:40 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
My Rankings

Top 10 D1/D2 MVA

1 Wayne - better over all resume
2 Springfield - beat Wayne but 3-3 over last 6 games
3 Trotwood
4 Miamisburg
5 Centerville
6 Butler
7 Dunbar
8 Belmont
9 Fairmont
10 Lebanon

D3/4

1 Ft. Loramie
2 Versailles
3 Bethel - Caleb South is back and that is a huge difference maker....
4 Anna
5 Marion Local - defeated St. Henry comfortably
6 St. Henry
7 Delphos St. Johns
8 Troy Christian
9 Madison
10 Russia
(Minster in if you do not count Delphos St. Johns)
Old 02-17-18, 10:03 PM
All Yappi

Just got back from the Troy Christian (19-2) @ Bethel (17-4) game.

Man, I hated to see it but the first thing I noticed was Caleb South was back on crutches and looks to be out for awhile. He must of got hurt Friday because he was playing when I saw Bethel on Tuesday against Northmont.

With South out I figured this one would be interesting. Troy Christian looked every bit of a 19-2 team and put it to Bethel in the opening qtr leading 16-4. Bethel woke up in the 2nd qtr coming all the way back and took a 25-23 lead at the break. The 3rd was evenly matched until the back have when Trow Christian pulled away and went up 38-31. It was 46-38 with 4 minutes left when Bethel got it going again. A Hamlin 3 at buzzer sent the game to OT. OT was all Troy Christian as they pulled off the victory 66-60 over Bethel.

Anderson the 6.9" kid led Troy Christian with 20 points, James put in 25 form Bethel.
Old 02-17-18, 11:07 PM
GO CATS!!!!!!!

CFIK is on a distinguished road
Springfield finished the season with a 70-57 win at home over Middletown. The Cats trailed 13-11 after one but after grabbing the lead early in the second ever trailed again, despite a lackluster effort. The Cats led 36-27 at half. The Cats built a 13 point lead early in the third and looked like they would blow it open but got very sloppy (including two missed ill advised circus dunk attempts), letting the Middies creep within 5 after 3 49-44. Springfield refocused in the 4th ad pulled away for he 13 point win.

Wallace, who struggled mightily on Friday against Trotwood paced the Cats with 18 in his final game at home. Leonard Taylor, also playing his fial home game added 10. RaHeim Moss added 15, and Sam Towns had 12 for the Cats. Springfield struggled with the Middies 6'10" 300 lb EJ Williams who finished with 28.

The Cats stumbled down a brutal stretch, finishing 5-4 after a 13-0 start. All the losses were to quality teams, but even in the 5 wins didn't have the same chemistry they showed in the 13-0 start. They've got some work to do if they want to get back to early season form and a deep run in the tourney, which for them starts against the Springboro-Piqua winner in 10 days. Hopefully Larry Stephens, who's missed the last two games, will be back.

GO CATS!!!!!!!
Old 02-17-18, 11:22 PM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post

Man, I hated to see it but the first thing I noticed was Caleb South was back on crutches and looks to be out for awhile. He must of got hurt Friday because he was playing when I saw Bethel on Tuesday against Northmont.

With South out I figured this one would be interesting. Troy Christian looked every bit of a 19-2 team and put it to Bethel in the opening qtr leading 16-4. Bethel woke up in the 2nd qtr coming all the way back and took a 25-23 lead at the break. The 3rd was evenly matched until the back have when Trow Christian pulled away and went up 38-31. It was 46-38 with 4 minutes left when Bethel got it going again. A Hamlin 3 at buzzer sent the game to OT. OT was all Troy Christian as they pulled off the victory 66-60 over Bethel.

Anderson the 6.9" kid led Troy Christian with 20 points, James put in 25 form Bethel.
Yes, he is likely done for year. Rather serious knee injury, but who knows, with today's medical abilities he may get back.
Old 02-18-18, 09:11 AM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
They're saying he's done for the year and a possibility of never playing sports again. They were up by 40 against Newton and he was still in the game when the injury occurred????
Old 02-18-18, 11:09 AM
All Ohio

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
They're saying he's done for the year and a possibility of never playing sports again. They were up by 40 against Newton and he was still in the game when the injury occurred????
Maybe senior night why in?
Old 02-18-18, 11:52 AM
All World

CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFIK View Post
Springfield finished the season with a 70-57 win at home over Middletown. The Cats trailed 13-11 after one but after grabbing the lead early in the second ever trailed again, despite a lackluster effort. The Cats led 36-27 at half. The Cats built a 13 point lead early in the third and looked like they would blow it open but got very sloppy (including two missed ill advised circus dunk attempts), letting the Middies creep within 5 after 3 49-44. Springfield refocused in the 4th ad pulled away for he 13 point win.

Wallace, who struggled mightily on Friday against Trotwood paced the Cats with 18 in his final game at home. Leonard Taylor, also playing his fial home game added 10. RaHeim Moss added 15, and Sam Towns had 12 for the Cats. Springfield struggled with the Middies 6'10" 300 lb EJ Williams who finished with 28.

The Cats stumbled down a brutal stretch, finishing 5-4 after a 13-0 start. All the losses were to quality teams, but even in the 5 wins didn't have the same chemistry they showed in the 13-0 start. They've got some work to do if they want to get back to early season form and a deep run in the tourney, which for them starts against the Springboro-Piqua winner in 10 days. Hopefully Larry Stephens, who's missed the last two games, will be back.

GO CATS!!!!!!!
Wow how does that Middletown team score 57 vs. Springfield after putting up just 23 vs. league foe Oak Hills on Tuesday--is Springfield just trying to outscore the opponent and not worry about defense
Old 02-18-18, 02:37 PM
All Yappi

catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
Wow how does that Middletown team score 57 vs. Springfield after putting up just 23 vs. league foe Oak Hills on Tuesday--is Springfield just trying to outscore the opponent and not worry about defense
Springfield played Trotwood the night before. If you have never seen Trotwood play they play fast pace basketball and full court press entire game no matter what game situation is
Old 02-18-18, 02:41 PM
All World

CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by catscatscats View Post
Springfield played Trotwood the night before. If you have never seen Trotwood play they play fast pace basketball and full court press entire game no matter what game situation is
Oh OK so they were tired from the night before--yeah definitely Trotwood can push the ball--Middies not so much--surprised they were 10 points over their 47ppg scoring average.
Old 02-18-18, 05:01 PM
All Ohio

wheatfield32 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post

your opinion ? is troy christian at anna or versailles level?
Old 02-18-18, 05:16 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatfield32 View Post
your opinion ? is troy christian at anna or versailles level?
Versailles.... NO
Anna... well, Anna can be pretty dominant and Anna can look beatable at times I've seen them. Troy Christian would have a shot against Anna but my money would be on Anna by 6 to 10 points.... Troy Christian would not want to get into a running game with the Rockets and if I was them I would try and feed it to Anderson inside.
Old 02-23-18, 04:45 PM
All Ohio

Youknow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
That is incredibly sad and disappointing to hear.
Old 02-23-18, 05:02 PM
All Region

hhawks is on a distinguished road
Where can I find the Dayton city league teams, updated records,I can find all the other teams records in the Dayton and surrounding areas records,on the league websites, but I can't find anything on the Dayton city league teams
Old 02-23-18, 11:35 PM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Dpssports.org
Old 02-24-18, 12:51 PM
All Region

hhawks is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info Zezzo!, really appreciate it