Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-07-18, 02:58 PM
Yappi Yappi is offline
Go Buckeyes
 
Join Date: 04-15-01
Location: Ohio
Posts: 49,421
Yappi will become famous soon enough
Bad Mom or Great Fan?

Mom gets up and leaves when son picks Florida over Alabama and Tennessee...

Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 02-07-18, 03:04 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 69,910
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
I can’t believe they interviewed him about his mom walking off. That’s cold blooded.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-07-18, 03:06 PM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 3,794
Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Yappi, what do you think of the Elder situation?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-07-18, 03:09 PM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 34,798
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Bad mom for sure
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-07-18, 03:10 PM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 13,124
Auggie is on a distinguished road
Who is the woman standing behind him?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-07-18, 03:42 PM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 17,565
eastisbest will become famous soon enough
She wasn't upset he chose Fl over Ala AND Tenn.

More moms need to set standards, lol. I don't fault the kid for choosing the home state. Not far from home. Mom's maybe seeing broadway lights instead of sense. Fl is every bit the school Ala. is. He'll be fine. Closer to home. More opportunity.

Dude asking him questions however needs to be b-slapped. What an AZZ. This was an "ignore" situation, or a try to lighten the mood situation. This guy.... I'd punch him for doing that to a kid.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-07-18, 03:44 PM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 34,798
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
What? It's not like his choices were Duke, Vanderbilt, and Florida and he chose Florida while his mom was sitting there with a Vanderbilt sweatshirt and a Duke hat.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-07-18, 04:06 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,327
14Red is on a distinguished road
Next question, was she promised some money or other benefits if her boy went to Bama or Tennessee? She obviously had an interest in her son going there as she had a Bama shirt on and a Tenn hat.

This has turned into one of my least favorite days as a sports fan. I really dislike the whole concept of these kids having this huge announcement on where they are going and all the fanfare around it. Even at the big programs, only about half of these guys will be there in 4 or 5 years, and possibly only a handful will make it to the NFL. And the really sad part is that most will not have a degree, or any resemblance of a further education.

We wonder why kids feel privileged and above the law when we celebrate the simple process of selecting a school?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-07-18, 04:08 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 10,171
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Obviously a little dysfunction going on there. How in the hell would she not know unless there's a complete lack of communication going on there. Maybe she's afraid she'll have to give back the money and swag she got from the other schools.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-07-18, 05:38 PM
ronnie mund ronnie mund is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-13
Posts: 6,785
ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Next question, was she promised some money or other benefits if her boy went to Bama or Tennessee? She obviously had an interest in her son going there as she had a Bama shirt on and a Tenn hat.

This has turned into one of my least favorite days as a sports fan. I really dislike the whole concept of these kids having this huge announcement on where they are going and all the fanfare around it. Even at the big programs, only about half of these guys will be there in 4 or 5 years, and possibly only a handful will make it to the NFL. And the really sad part is that most will not have a degree, or any resemblance of a further education.

We wonder why kids feel privileged and above the law when we celebrate the simple process of selecting a school?
Why blame the kids? They aren't the ones who turned college athletics into a multi-billion dollar business. Sounds like you're just looking to get angry at anything, per usual.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-07-18, 05:55 PM
ohiopup ohiopup is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-07-01
Location: Grove City
Posts: 7,922
ohiopup is on a distinguished road
https://twitter.com/JordanHeckFF/sta...027457/video/1

Love some of the comments

:>---

Semper Fi
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-07-18, 06:39 PM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 17,565
eastisbest will become famous soon enough
I didn't even notice the Tenn hat. My post stands corrected.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-07-18, 06:41 PM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 17,565
eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Something occurs. Maybe she's a Florida St fan? That would explain the anything but Florida apparel.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-07-18, 06:48 PM
queencitybuckeye queencitybuckeye is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-12-09
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,217
queencitybuckeye is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
She wasn't upset he chose Fl over Ala AND Tenn.

More moms need to set standards, lol. I don't fault the kid for choosing the home state. Not far from home. Mom's maybe seeing broadway lights instead of sense. Fl is every bit the school Ala. is. He'll be fine. Closer to home. More opportunity.

Dude asking him questions however needs to be b-slapped. What an AZZ. This was an "ignore" situation, or a try to lighten the mood situation. This guy.... I'd punch him for doing that to a kid.
Florida is a vastly better school than Alabama, arguably 2nd best in the SEC, although that's similar to being Chile's 2nd best hockey team.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-07-18, 06:53 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 69,910
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queencitybuckeye View Post
Florida is a vastly better school than Alabama, arguably 2nd best in the SEC, although that's similar to being Chile's 2nd best hockey team.
Florida or Georgia, close call for 2nd.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-07-18, 06:55 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 4,132
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by queencitybuckeye View Post
Florida is a vastly better school than Alabama, arguably 2nd best in the SEC, although that's similar to being Chile's 2nd best hockey team.
For agriculture it is pretty good.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-07-18, 07:04 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 69,910
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
For agriculture it is pretty good.
Better than a&m?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-07-18, 07:11 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 3,706
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
And the really sad part is that most will not have a degree, or any resemblance of a further education.
As of Jan 3, 2018 78% of FBS college football players graduate with a degree.

http://www.businessinsider.com/gradu...rograms-2018-1
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-07-18, 10:13 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 31,557
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by queencitybuckeye View Post
Florida is a vastly better school than Alabama, arguably 2nd best in the SEC, although that's similar to being Chile's 2nd best hockey team.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-07-18, 10:23 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 4,132
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Better than a&m?
Overall AM is probably the best in the SEC for Ag. There are departments in all of them that are better than others. For example at A+M swine isn't that big, in fact I don't think they have a single swine production professor doing production research at the moment. If they do they recently hired one, the only guy they had left from my understanding. I think some researchers use pigs as a model comparable to humans but nothing real earth shattering going on at AM for swine production

Florida has some pretty good in roads for cattle and equine. They have probably the second biggest name in equine nutrition behind Dr Lawrence at UK in Dr Warren..


There also is a huge difference between under grad programs and graduate programs and the research that they do. For example A+M undergrad studies for equine is a joke but there research and grad programs are pretty stellar.

As far as vet schools the SEC has a couple that are good but for Equine UC Davis is by far the best with maybe Cornell and Colorado St behind them for 2nd and 3rd
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-08-18, 07:13 AM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 4,872
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Donít you all know this was just a publicity stunt. They wanted to be talked about and it worked. Straight out of the LaVar Ball school of publicity.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-08-18, 08:19 AM
Zezzo! Zezzo! is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-11
Posts: 1,841
Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Next question, was she promised some money or other benefits if her boy went to Bama or Tennessee? She obviously had an interest in her son going there as she had a Bama shirt on and a Tenn hat.

This has turned into one of my least favorite days as a sports fan. I really dislike the whole concept of these kids having this huge announcement on where they are going and all the fanfare around it. Even at the big programs, only about half of these guys will be there in 4 or 5 years, and possibly only a handful will make it to the NFL. And the really sad part is that most will not have a degree, or any resemblance of a further education.

We wonder why kids feel privileged and above the law when we celebrate the simple process of selecting a school?
Easy solution, stop watching it.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-08-18, 04:39 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,327
14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Why blame the kids? They aren't the ones who turned college athletics into a multi-billion dollar business. Sounds like you're just looking to get angry at anything, per usual.
Very true, but we all have choices on how to handle our business. Parading in front of a camera making a huge announcement on national TV seems a little much. What happens to the countless number of these kids who never make a significant contribution to their programs, transfer or quit school? Look kind of silly then, don't they?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-08-18, 04:41 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,327
14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
Easy solution, stop watching it.
True Zezzo!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-08-18, 04:54 PM
bedevil's Avatar
bedevil bedevil is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-03-03
Location: The First Tee
Posts: 10,471
bedevil is on a distinguished road
There's got to be more to this than a mother being a rabid Alabama/Tennessee fan. It just doesn't make sense. A mother's response to her kid getting a full football scholarship to college - whether it's an SEC school or not - should be one of celebration regardless what school her son picks. I think it had to be a reaction to something other than football. Otherwise, the mother is simply a moron for embarrassing her son on national TV during one of the biggest moments of his life. But, I don't think that's the case.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-08-18, 05:28 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 69,910
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Very true, but we all have choices on how to handle our business. Parading in front of a camera making a huge announcement on national TV seems a little much. What happens to the countless number of these kids who never make a significant contribution to their programs, transfer or quit school? Look kind of silly then, don't they?
Why would they look silly?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-08-18, 08:03 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 3,706
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Why would they look silly?
Yeah, a lot of these guys wouldn't even think about college if it weren't for football. Good on the 78% of college football players who get a free college education. Let them celebrate their hardwork. Furthest thing from silly.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-09-18, 08:10 AM
PantherProud's Avatar
PantherProud PantherProud is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-08-01
Posts: 14,951
PantherProud
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
There's got to be more to this than a mother being a rabid Alabama/Tennessee fan. It just doesn't make sense. A mother's response to her kid getting a full football scholarship to college - whether it's an SEC school or not - should be one of celebration regardless what school her son picks. I think it had to be a reaction to something other than football. Otherwise, the mother is simply a moron for embarrassing her son on national TV during one of the biggest moments of his life. But, I don't think that's the case.
Read a report that she wanted him to leave the state (He's a Florida native) because he's been running with a bad crowd, that she wanted him to get away from.

So it sounds like it's not about the school he chose, but the bad crowd he's choosing to stay near.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-09-18, 08:15 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 3,706
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherProud View Post
Read a report that she wanted him to leave the state (He's a Florida native) because he's been running with a bad crowd, that she wanted him to get away from.

So it sounds like it's not about the school he chose, but the bad crowd he's choosing to stay near.
That's the rumor coming from Vols fans. Doesn't really make sense as Pensacola is about 115 miles closer to Tuscaloosa than Gainesville. But I guess it's a possibility. I don't know much about gang affiliations in those three cities.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-09-18, 09:04 AM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,327
14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Why would they look silly?
If I have to explain it to you...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 Year in Review Sykotyk National Football Board 2 01-15-18 12:51 PM
Great deals on Black Friday? Yappi General Board 16 11-24-17 08:08 PM
We lost a Rock "n" Roll great 19AL63 General Board 2 10-28-17 02:41 PM
Mega Team Duals Sun Oct 8th -Great Super 32 warm up in Western Pa marksteen Wrestling 2 08-27-17 08:34 AM
ALBB - Other state tournaments in the Great Lakes Region seclmw Baseball 0 07-26-17 06:57 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz