Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-04-18, 12:37 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Elder/St.Xavier

I saw the game and there was a few things that happened in which the game was stopped. Somebody threw a pair of glasses onto the court after a call went against Elder.

The officials later stopped the game and kicked out an Elder student and then got a school official to address the Elder student section.

Something definitely happened.

http://www.myspectrumsports.com/oh/s...pt59wmgiojxkhb
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-18, 02:04 PM
Varsity

tune89 is on a distinguished road
PF Chang chant was very inappropriate
Old 02-05-18, 06:57 PM
Freshman

Indian77 is on a distinguished road
Doesn’t suprise me with Elder. Fairfield played them a few years ago in football and I was shocked at how there administration allowed their students to behave. They had some very inappropriate chants. I can’t remember what they were exactly but one was in regard to one of Ff wide receivers. Every time he would make a catch they would chant “your still fat” after the game some of there students made comments to our students about being poor because they go to public schools. I went to a elder vs winton woods football game and elder student section was ill behaved that night as well. I know kids will be kids and they chant stuff that can be questionable at times. Anytime our student section chants something that is questionable our administration stops them. I have seen other schools administration stop there student sections when they chant in appropriate chants. Why doesn’t elder?
Old 02-05-18, 07:21 PM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian77 View Post
Doesn’t suprise me with Elder. Fairfield played them a few years ago in football and I was shocked at how there administration allowed their students to behave. They had some very inappropriate chants. I can’t remember what they were exactly but one was in regard to one of Ff wide receivers. Every time he would make a catch they would chant “your still fat” after the game some of there students made comments to our students about being poor because they go to public schools. I went to a elder vs winton woods football game and elder student section was ill behaved that night as well. I know kids will be kids and they chant stuff that can be questionable at times. Anytime our student section chants something that is questionable our administration stops them. I have seen other schools administration stop there student sections when they chant in appropriate chants. Why doesn’t elder?
This year alone I have been to games where the Oak Hills admin stopped inappropriate cheers. The St X admin stopped inappropriate cheers. The Elder admin stopped inappropriate cheers. It happens. And it happens at every school (check out the CHL thread related to Deer Park). Doesn't make it right. In fact, it's flat-out wrong.

Last edited by PURPLE REIGN; 02-05-18 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-05-18, 08:46 PM
All American

yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
I remember when I was a kid and saw Elder play at Oak Hills. I couldn’t believe the chants the Elder students yelled in the Oak Hills gym. That was many years ago so it’s been like that a long time I guess.
Old 02-05-18, 09:53 PM
All World

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
St. X principal sent a letter to faculty which included the cheers. Amazingly racist and offensive.Why no one at Elder stopped them is puzzling. Have they no control of their students?
Old 02-05-18, 09:53 PM
All Yappi

gobluetom can only hope to improve
Altiora!!!
Old 02-06-18, 06:32 PM
All American

yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
This story is now at the top of the Enquirer website

http://cin.ci/2nITBvJ
Old 02-06-18, 06:44 PM
All Yappi

"Ruffing, however, wrote in the news release that administrators "acted quickly" to stop the chants."

This is complete BS. They did NOTHING until the officials stopped the game in the 3rd qtr and forced an announcement.
Old 02-06-18, 07:47 PM
Freshman

elderdad4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
"Ruffing, however, wrote in the news release that administrators "acted quickly" to stop the chants."

This is complete BS. They did NOTHING until the officials stopped the game in the 3rd qtr and forced an announcement.

The chants only took place for about 3 minutes in the 3rd quarter. So you sir are wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-06-18, 08:40 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderdad4 View Post
The chants only took place for about 3 minutes in the 3rd quarter. So you sir are wrong

Don't think so as a St. X parent stated they were going on through out the game and when did the glasses get thrown onto the court..... that was way back in the 1st.

Still, it took the official to stop the game in order to get it address so apparently the Elder administration see's this as the norm?
Old 02-06-18, 08:49 PM
Freshman

Even if the chants lasted only three minutes that is three minutes too long for the kind of chants that were being said in that article. They stated in the article that they had an emergency assembly to address this behavior....how did these kids not know that yelling racial slurs at people is wrong?
Old 02-06-18, 08:56 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Even if the chants lasted only three minutes that is three minutes too long for the kind of chants that were being said in that article. They stated in the article that they had an emergency assembly to address this behavior....how did these kids not know that yelling racial slurs at people is wrong?
Because they probably hear their parents say similar things.

not only was 3 minutes too long but an official had to stop the game in order to get it addressed, otherwise, it would of just kept on going.....
Old 02-06-18, 09:00 PM
All Region

GCLFan99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Daughtery says in the article he watched the game on Elder website and you could hear chants in the first quarter.

I spoke to a St X parent who was at the game and said it started early in the game. This type of behavior is certainly not unique to Elder, however given the tone of these chants I am shocked they didn't step in sooner and do something
Old 02-06-18, 09:02 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Because they probably hear their parents say similar things.

not only was 3 minutes too long but an official had to stop the game in order to get it addressed, otherwise, it would of just kept on going.....
Had to be bad for an official to address it. I have been to a lot of sporting events and administrators are usually pretty quick to stop anything that could be offensive. From what I hear the chants were very bad and administration didn’t stop it. Sounds like the administration needs to attend an assembly on appropriate behavior as well!
Old 02-06-18, 10:29 PM
All World

Peterson is an unknown quantity at this point
Remember when Elder photo shopped a black student out of the billboard on North Bend Road?? Now we know why
Old 02-06-18, 10:30 PM
All District

superduper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Had to be bad for an official to address it. I have been to a lot of sporting events and administrators are usually pretty quick to stop anything that could be offensive. From what I hear the chants were very bad and administration didn’t stop it. Sounds like the administration needs to attend an assembly on appropriate behavior as well!
And you have never been to a GCL game in your life.....X and Elder hate each other and that's the way it it is so stop whining like a bunch of snowflakes
Old 02-06-18, 10:33 PM
All District

Peterson is a complete duche that doesn't realize what a rivalry is because his school keeps getting money funneled to LOLassle from other schools in the diocese
Old 02-06-18, 10:34 PM
All World

Peterson is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by superduper View Post
Peterson is a complete duche that doesn't realize what a rivalry is because his school keeps getting money funneled to LOLassle from other schools in the diocese
Put the busch light down, ok?
Old 02-06-18, 11:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

Rivalry???? Current Senior class:

Football- 3-1 vs Elder
Basketball- 6-2 and counting vs Elder
Baseball- 6-3 and counting vs Elder
Old 02-06-18, 11:38 PM
All World

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Basketball 6-2 vs Elder? Counting 9th/JV games?
Old 02-06-18, 11:55 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Rick View Post
Basketball 6-2 vs Elder? Counting 9th/JV games?
Worded wrong.

In the last four years.

The two schools that like to use the term Lolsalle or variations, are struggling to stay competitive with LaSalle in the big three sports. Sorry about the confusion.
Old 02-07-18, 07:07 AM
All District

Quote:
I saw the game and there was a few things that happened in which the game was stopped. Somebody threw a pair of glasses onto the court after a call went against Elder.

The officials later stopped the game and kicked out an Elder student and then got a school official to address the Elder student section.

Something definitely happened.

http://www.myspectrumsports.com/oh/s...pt59wmgiojxkhb
why don't you worry about Wayne and don't worry about the GCL....how's the Wayne basketball team doing this year?
Old 02-07-18, 07:54 AM
All World

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Congratulations, Elder, you made the news in Denver!

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/spo...asketball-game
Old 02-07-18, 08:03 AM
GO ELKS!

ELKSONE is an unknown quantity at this point
Those tuition paying parents must be proud. I guess that's what a Christian education buys you these days. I'd ask for my money back.
Old 02-07-18, 08:07 AM
GO ELKS!

ELKSONE is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
And you have never been to a GCL game in your life.....X and Elder hate each other and that's the way it it is so stop whining like a bunch of snowflakes
I guess they don't have respect for one another? So much for Christian values at 10K per year.

Last edited by ELKSONE; 02-07-18 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-07-18, 08:11 AM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

In the video posted, the score was 17-14; so obviously before the 3rd qtr.
Old 02-07-18, 08:23 AM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
why don't you worry about Wayne and don't worry about the GCL....how's the Wayne basketball team doing this year?
Wayne's #1 in Ohio. You sound like a complete clown and you are doing Elder no favors sounding like an idiot.
Old 02-07-18, 08:58 AM
All Yappi

Altiora!!!!
Old 02-07-18, 09:00 AM
Freshman

Superduper....you are the reason Elder has the issues they have. Making excuses for this behavior is ridiculous. Your mindset is the exact reason why elder won’t change. You can go on living in your bubble of privilege teaching your children that it’s okay to be racist and to not have tolerance.