Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-02-18, 02:59 PM
Varsity

BasketballLover is on a distinguished road
Agree King, rebounding needs to be better for Minerva to stay in this thing. I looked at their schedule and it will probably also help to play back at home... 6 of their last 7 games have been away from "The Cage".....

Interested to see how the Marlington and Alliance game turns out tonight. The Dukes at home seem like the choice, but the way this league is this year nothing should surprise us.
Old 02-02-18, 08:02 PM
All District

KINGOFTHEJUNGLE is on a distinguished road
Minerva 30 South 20 at the half.
Old 02-02-18, 09:05 PM
All District

Starkflavor is on a distinguished road
Marlington 74

Alliance 52

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-18, 09:56 PM
All District

And the wheels have offially come off the cart
Old 02-06-18, 10:11 PM
All District

Starkflavor is on a distinguished road
Louisville 69

Marlington 50

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 02-06-18, 11:21 PM
All American

Qcity is an unknown quantity at this point
Minerva 72
Salem 70

Double OT

{BTW, the tying put-back by Minerva at the end of first OT occurred after the buzzer; tough break for the Quakers}

Last edited by Qcity; 02-07-18 at 10:52 AM.
Old 02-07-18, 12:02 AM
All World

LeopardNation is on a distinguished road
Varsity: Louisville 69, Marlington 50
JV: Louisville 65, Marlington 50

Marlington Dukes at Louisville Leopards Boys Basketball Recap and Box Score

Video Highlights to Come...

NBC Boys Basketball Standings
Old 02-09-18, 09:35 PM
All District

It's tough to appreciate how good a school is when they do everything in their power to not win the right way. The things some people sacrifice for a trophy.
Old 02-09-18, 10:03 PM
Varsity

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGOFTHEJUNGLE View Post
It's tough to appreciate how good a school is when they do everything in their power to not win the right way. The things some people sacrifice for a trophy.
I wondered how long it would take for this post. Tough physical game by both teams giving everything they had. Would be interested to hear what you issue was?
Old 02-09-18, 10:14 PM
Varsity

MINFAN is on a distinguished road
NBC---Northeastern Buckeye Conference

Louisville was bigger, deeper, faster and have a lot of good shooters. Played a very good game and deserved to win, best team in the nbc, but knowingly sending the wrong kid to the line because he is a better shooter is unethical. Being the only freshmen team in the nbc to allow their freshmen Jv players to play in the freshmen tournament is a school trying to get a trophy.. ďadultĒ fans screaming over-rated to a 17 year old kid. Keeping a full court press on in a 7th grade game and win 50 is unethical..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-18, 10:27 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINFAN View Post
but knowingly sending the wrong kid to the line because he is a better shooter is unethical. Being the only freshmen team in the nbc to allow their freshmen Jv players to play in the freshmen tournament is a school trying to get a trophy.. ďadultĒ fans screaming over-rated to a 17 year old kid. Keeping a full court press on in a 7th grade game and win 50 is unethical..

Teams have been sending kids to line who didn't get fouled for years, in fact Marlington and Alliance both tried it vs Louisville this year, I don't see that as that big a deal. Playing Freshman on both levels is perfectly legal and gets those kids valuable playing experience that will make them better players in years to come. I wouldn't ask why Louisville does it, I would ask why everyone else doesn't do it.

You last two issues, if they are true and I have no reason to not believe you, are embarrassing and I as a Leopard fan would apologize for that. No reason for any adult to attempt to embarrass a kid either as a fan or as a coach. Throughout history Louisville and Minerva had some great physical battles in many sports because the town's are similar in makeup. I will miss visiting Minerva to watch our teams play and I wish you guys best of luck moving forward.
Old 02-09-18, 10:37 PM
Varsity

It was a very good game, donít know if Minerva could have played much better. I guess there are some real gems in every crowd, I just happened to be sitting near them. Still donít think itís right, #24 got fouled and #10 went to the line. 24 played a heckuva game and deserved the shots. Just my opinion.

Old 02-09-18, 10:41 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard4life View Post
I wondered how long it would take for this post. Tough physical game by both teams giving everything they had. Would be interested to hear what you issue was?
Best basketball team in the conference, no question about it. If I need to bring an "issue" to your attention that pretty much makes my point right there. No disrespect intended, just glad we are a spring sports season away from not having a front row seat to this garbage anymore. I will say that it's ironic the way Louisville folks bash a certain head coach in Salem during football when yall possess his equal during basketball season.
Old 02-09-18, 10:48 PM
Varsity

Ii never get caught up in any of that crap because whatever side you are on the other side is a bunch of A-holes. I have no issues with fans of any other school acting however the want to act short of engaging the kids. I have said for last 15 years parents have ruined high school sports. Kids haven't changed much, parents have.
Old 02-09-18, 11:00 PM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Best basketball team in the conference, no question about it. If I need to bring an "issue" to your attention that pretty much makes my point right there. No disrespect intended, just glad we are a spring sports season away from not having a front row seat to this garbage anymore. I will say that it's ironic the way Louisville folks bash a certain head coach in Salem during football when yall possess his equal during basketball season.
King, not all Leopard fans are idiots, however I do agree, unethical behavior from our coaches, fans, certain unfavorable coaching strategies, certainly are questionable and rub opposing fans and coaches the wrong way. Best of luck to your Minerva Lions for the rest of the season.
Old 02-09-18, 11:06 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Ii never get caught up in any of that crap because whatever side you are on the other side is a bunch of A-holes. I have no issues with fans of any other school acting however the want to act short of engaging the kids. I have said for last 15 years parents have ruined high school sports. Kids haven't changed much, parents have.

Great point ó I agree.

Old 02-09-18, 11:31 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_XYZ&12345 View Post
King, not all Leopard fans are idiots, however I do agree, unethical behavior from our coaches, fans, certain unfavorable coaching strategies, certainly are questionable and rub opposing fans and coaches the wrong way. Best of luck to your Minerva Lions for the rest of the season.
Heavens Coach, I know that there are some fine folks in Louisville. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you are Louisville, Leopard Nation. As a sports fan I would just love to walk away from a Louisville contest and talk about how gifted most of your teams are, the attention to detail that they are coached with and just be in awe of the performance. But rarely can one do that because there are more times than not the "arrogance" incidents that supersedes that thought. Yall don't need to knowingly send the wrong guy to the foul line or have kids play in a frosh tourney when they hadn't played a second for them during the regular season and then try to say it was about getting them more minutes, yall are to good to have to win with stains. This isn't a sour grapes post either because I'm no dummy, the planets pretty much need perfect alignment for us to win in any contest we play with you. In all honesty, no matter who yall play, yall are the better team on most nights, your just not the classiest. Best of luck the rest of the way my friend.
Old 02-09-18, 11:44 PM
All District

Quote:
Well put Lep, couldn't agree more.
Old 02-10-18, 01:24 AM
All World

Varsity: Louisville 68, Minerva 57
JV: Louisville 59, Minerva 54

Louisville Leopards at Minerva Lions Boys Basketball Video Highlights and Recap

Leopards Clinch a Share of the NBC with this victory plus Alliance 58-55 win over West Branch.

Updated NBC Boys Basketball Standings

Last edited by LeopardNation; 02-10-18 at 04:56 PM.
Old 02-11-18, 03:38 PM
All District

Minerva draws Steubenville in first round at Minerva on Feb 27th.
Old 02-11-18, 03:49 PM
All World

DII Canton District Bracket, Seed Voting/Order, Schedule:

DII Canton District Boys Basketball Tournament
Old 02-11-18, 04:18 PM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
[oh Goodie the winner of the Canton South - Marlington game gets St.V.
Old 02-11-18, 04:42 PM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
[oh Goodie the winner of the Canton South - Marlington game gets St.V.
Sorry I tried deleting this second one several times
Old 02-11-18, 07:24 PM
All Ohio

peebles is on a distinguished road
Tough draw for Salem (#8) in the Boardman District. They get #9 seed Ursuline at Salem. The winner gets #1 seed Poland at Poland.
Old 02-12-18, 10:52 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebles View Post
Tough draw for Salem (#8) in the Boardman District. They get #9 seed Ursuline at Salem. The winner gets #1 seed Poland at Poland.
Look at the bright side. You have a chance to knock off the team who beat you in the district final last year. Plus didn't Salem beat Poland last year, who was the #1 seed?
Old 02-12-18, 10:54 AM
All Ohio

Six of the eight NBC teams lost in the first round in last year's tournament. What can we expect this year?
Old 02-12-18, 04:29 PM
Junior Varsity

NBC 1988 is on a distinguished road
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINFAN View Post
Great point — I agree.

Quote:
Heavens Coach, I know that there are some fine folks in Louisville. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you are Louisville, Leopard Nation. As a sports fan I would just love to walk away from a Louisville contest and talk about how gifted most of your teams are, the attention to detail that they are coached with and just be in awe of the performance. But rarely can one do that because there are more times than not the "arrogance" incidents that supersedes that thought. Yall don't need to knowingly send the wrong guy to the foul line or have kids play in a frosh tourney when they hadn't played a second for them during the regular season and then try to say it was about getting them more minutes, yall are to good to have to win with stains. This isn't a sour grapes post either because I'm no dummy, the planets pretty much need perfect alignment for us to win in any contest we play with you. In all honesty, no matter who yall play, yall are the better team on most nights, your just not the classiest. Best of luck the rest of the way my friend.
I cant' be so kind King! I usually don't post on basketball forum because I don't follow it as closely as football. There are good and bad people at every school but here are some of the things I heard after the game, "we raise winners in Louisville, not losers" (with plenty of Minerva kids within earshot), "why don't you play some D-5 schools" (which is good advise since we are trending towards D5), "you can play Malvern and Sandy Valley twice next year" (there is a very good chance the Leopards would have 4 more losses had they played Malvern and Sandy Valley twice this year-I heard those teams are the best on Minerva's schedule). Then there was the adult fan yelling at one of our players "you're overrated". I know there are a lot of good people in Louisville - but the few sure did make you look bad. I have always been against Louisville being ousted, but after last Friday - good luck and good bye
Old 02-12-18, 10:24 PM
All Region

Lion 86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Louisville will be humbled after this year! They felt the NBC was weak so now they get to prove how good they really are! Minerva should be proud as the smallest team in the league most of the 20 years of existence to have survived with fight and passion. Letís go to the Brewery after the game and celebrate our great little town, best beer Iíve had in a while.
Old 02-14-18, 12:07 AM
All World

Varsity: Louisville 56, Boardman 43
JV: Louisville 59, Boardman 50

Boardman Spartans at Louisville Leopards Boys Basketball Recap and Box Score
Old 02-16-18, 10:35 PM
All Ohio

Louisville Leopards 2017-2018 and FINAL NBC Champions!!!