Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-26-17, 04:24 PM
All Yappi

111411 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
North
Northeastern
Mechanicsburg
Triad
West Liberty-Salem
West Jefferson
Fairbanks

South
Catholic Central
Southeastern
Greenon
Madison-Plains
Greeneview
Cedarville
Can someone add the current league standings?
Old 12-26-17, 10:08 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoprat2 View Post
Ok. Season is about half over. Time to start making some judgements on teams. Big question how good is Central. Is the league that Down.. are the Irish that good. Can SE come back from all these close losses and make some kind of tournament run. For the answers to these and other burning questions stay tuned for another episode of “As the page turns”. Merry Christmas to all.
IMO the league as a whole probably isn't as good as it was last year. A few of the 13-14 win teams last year (NE, Fairbanks, Plains, and perhaps also WLS) were very senior heavy, and Southeastern pretty much lost all of their scoring. Greeneview has been somewhat disappointing so far relative to what they returned and expectations. I don't know if they have the individual firepower that SE had last year, but Central collectively has a handful of guys of which any combination could go for double figures on a given night. They defend and rebound (especially on the offensive side) at a high level. IMO, they're probably looking at their first district finals trip in quite some time this year.

It's hard to say definitively since they haven't had crossovers yet, but I have a hunch that the North will prove to be much tougher than the South. Off of records and opponents WLS, Triad, West Jeff and Fairbanks are all probably top 5-6 teams conference wide.
Old 12-27-17, 09:42 AM
All Region

xscoutsoc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 111411 View Post
Can someone add the current league standings?
North:
Triad
West Jefferson
Fairbanks
West Liberty
Northeastern
Mechanicsburg

South:
Catholic Central
Greenon
Madison Plains
Greeneview
Cedarville
Southeastern
Old 12-27-17, 11:49 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by xscoutsoc View Post
North:
Triad
West Jefferson
Fairbanks
West Liberty
Northeastern
Mechanicsburg

South:
Catholic Central
Greenon
Madison Plains
Greeneview
Cedarville
Southeastern
League and overall records, please.
Old 12-27-17, 11:51 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by 111411 View Post
League and overall records, please.
https://www.ohcsports.com/bbasketball
Old 12-27-17, 03:41 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Thank you. That's very helpful.
Old 01-05-18, 01:20 PM
All Region

FYI - I'm sure this will happen with other games, but Fairbanks @ SCC has been canceled due to the weather.
Old 01-05-18, 04:38 PM
All Region

Jet19 is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know of any OHC basketball games that are on broadcast or online like some of the football games are?
Old 01-07-18, 04:23 PM
All District

shoprat2 is on a distinguished road
Ok what games got played this weekend.. the OHC website is a little behind.
Old 01-07-18, 11:51 PM
All Ohio

sportsvoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet19 View Post
Does anyone know of any OHC basketball games that are on broadcast or online like some of the football games are?
WBZI in Xenia (100.3 FM, myclassiccountry.com) covers Greeneview occasionally. Greeneview/Cedarville was on, and WL-S at Greeneview is scheduled to be on the air this Friday.
Old 01-08-18, 12:40 PM
All Region

Quote:
Ok what games got played this weekend.. the OHC website is a little behind.
I think a few games were canceled due to weather and a few were played.
Old 01-09-18, 08:45 AM
All Region

Quote:
Northeastern @ SCC is on Channel 4 in Springfield this Friday.
Old 01-09-18, 05:44 PM
All Region

Quote:
Northeastern @ SCC is on Channel 4 in Springfield this Friday.
I will admit I haven't followed basketball much this season. Is SCC playing at full strength with all the transfers and all OHC guys they already had on the roster?

Also on a side note I heard a rumor about SCC not fielding a football team in 2018? Is there any merit to that?
Old 01-09-18, 05:47 PM
All Region

I am hoping the Jets can get a win against Cedarville and then give SCC a game. Basketball is so much different than football, any night you can get those 3's sinkin you can change a game quick against superior talent. That is prob why football is my fav sport but I love March Madness more than any other sporting event.
Old 01-09-18, 11:50 PM
All District

Thumbs up

Irish likely will be short handed this weekend. Every January the school has a special time when senior students have the chance to go to Ireland for academic credit. Some missed the game against Burg and will miss next two games. Irish did beat Burg looking average in the process.
Old 01-10-18, 07:25 AM
All Region

Quote:
I will admit I haven't followed basketball much this season. Is SCC playing at full strength with all the transfers and all OHC guys they already had on the roster?
As shoprat mentioned above this post, there are a couple that will be in Ireland for the next couple of games. There was 1 transfer that had to sit out for the first 11 games but is eligible to play this weekend. At full strength, they should be the team to beat in the conference, but it will definitely be interesting to see the match-ups this weekend. NE always presents issues for most teams with their size.
Old 01-12-18, 10:59 AM
All Region

SCC vs NE postponed due to weather tonight
Old 01-12-18, 12:30 PM
All Region

Quote:
SCC vs NE postponed due to weather tonight
I wonder if Ch 4 will still broadcast the makeup game?
Old 01-13-18, 04:57 PM
All Ohio

sportsvoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I wonder if Ch 4 will still broadcast the makeup game?
Not sure what their policy is on make-up games. Greeneview vs. WL-S got snowed out too, but the make-up most likely won't be covered on radio unless WPKO does it.
Old 01-19-18, 09:00 PM
All Region

If the OHC site is correct that is a huge win for Greeneview and a bad loss for Fairbanks. It does make the OHC North title wide open. And should solidify Greeneview as the #2 team in the South and a team no one will want to see come sectional time.
Old 01-20-18, 12:52 AM
All District

Both Dayton tv had Irish losing at West Jeff. Only other score I saw had C’ville winning easily.
Old 01-20-18, 11:38 AM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Not sure if Central has all of their kids back or not, but regardless I think they ran into a bad matchup last night. West Jeff has a 6'8 wider bodied post player, multiple capable perimeter shooters, and they possibly run the most complex offense of anybody in the OHC. They are really tough to beat when they are on their game.

Off of the couple games I've seen, a big part of Central's formula for winning is pounding the other team on the boards, especially on the offensive glass. I imagine that got neutralized last night.

Sent XT1254 Tapatalk
Old 01-23-18, 04:15 PM
All Region

Anyone know if Central was at full strength against West Jeff? Should be another good one tonight with Triad and Central Hopefully Northeastern can keep rolling against Greenon tonight.
Old 01-24-18, 12:42 AM
All District

Heard Irish played ok at WJ but got beat on size and poor foul shooting. Went to see Triad come to town tonight. Triad. Looked great in warmup and shot the ball well early in game Cardinal had lead at. quarter and half but it was close all the way. Interesting clash of style-Triad. Taking and making a lot of three’s while Irish attacked the basket and got most of their points inside Second half defense picked upTriad going1-3-1 to stop those drives down the lane and Irish staying man but with more intensity switching more and trying to deny shooters the ball Game turned when Irish Sabean Doolitttle hit some threes after Cards would turn ball over Central got lead out to about ten with 4 Togo and made free throws to hold on. Easy to see how LeVan had that big night. Kid can shoot I dont think he is D1 talent but I would like to see Witt give him a shot.
Old 01-24-18, 07:57 AM
All Region

Quote:
Anyone know if Central was at full strength against West Jeff? Should be another good one tonight with Triad and Central Hopefully Northeastern can keep rolling against Greenon tonight.
I believe that their center was still on the Ireland trip during the West Jeff game, which would definitely cause a match-up nightmare with the size WJ presented down low. Looks like they bounced back with a solid win over Triad last night.
Old 01-24-18, 09:23 AM
Freshman

Pepe Silvia is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Heard Irish played ok at WJ but got beat on size and poor foul shooting. Went to see Triad come to town tonight. Triad. Looked great in warmup and shot the ball well early in game Cardinal had lead at. quarter and half but it was close all the way. Interesting clash of style-Triad. Taking and making a lot of three’s while Irish attacked the basket and got most of their points inside Second half defense picked upTriad going1-3-1 to stop those drives down the lane and Irish staying man but with more intensity switching more and trying to deny shooters the ball Game turned when Irish Sabean Doolitttle hit some threes after Cards would turn ball over Central got lead out to about ten with 4 Togo and made free throws to hold on. Easy to see how LeVan had that big night. Kid can shoot I dont think he is D1 talent but I would like to see Witt give him a shot.

Definitely a good back and forth game last night. SCC seems to be the real deal. They take care of the basketball, have two really solid scorers (Dunn, Doolittle), and get after it on the offensive glass. I thought Triad played REALLY well and still lost by 8.

Triad likes to switch defenses to keep their opponent off balance but the 1-3-1 is vulnerable in the corners which is where Dolittle scores 12-15 points in the 2nd half. It also makes rebounding difficult because your wings are not in rebounding position. Triad should have used the zone as a change of pace and then went back to man IMO.

Levan seemed to have lost his shot in the second half (saw him holding his wrist on a couple occasions) but in general the kid can really fill it up. He can shoot in small spaces and he uses good footwork and change of speed to beat more athletic defenders off of the dribble. He can definitely play at the next level (D3 most likely).

Best of luck to SCC the rest of the season. Hopefully they can make a run in the post season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-18, 08:59 AM
All Region

SCC handled Madison Plains at home last night, 63-35. The game hung around 15 points until MP got tired and SCC decided to run on them.

Looking forward to SCC/Greeneview next Friday!
Old 02-02-18, 09:42 AM
All Region

Big match-up with SCC and Greeneview tonight. A win on the road would pretty much wrap up the south for Central.
Old 02-09-18, 12:01 AM
All District

Irish lost on the road to Rams. But it looks like Scc has at least a title share locked up. Curious about tournamentnow Seeing the various rating it looks like a4 or 5 seed
Old 02-09-18, 09:19 AM
All Region

Quote:
Irish lost on the road to Rams. But it looks like Scc has at least a title share locked up. Curious about tournamentnow Seeing the various rating it looks like a4 or 5 seed
Yep - I think that if they win tonight, they will be guaranteed a share. Still a chance to win it outright. I believe that this would be their first conference title (or share of) since 2000-01 season, when they were still in the SRC.