Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-31-18, 11:41 AM
All District

Jtown5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
The head to head meeting coming up will have a lot to say in who is ranked higher Lake or Joe's. Let's not kid ourselves this district is a two team race.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Do they play before the voting is done? It is a 2 team race, but if they have to play in the District Semi's that would be unfortunate. I'm sure Edgewood and West Geauga would jump at being the #2 and #3 seeds, with Lake at #1 and VASJ at #4. I think it will be Lake #1, VASJ #2, Edgewood #3, and West Geauga #4 and who cares after that.
Old 01-31-18, 01:06 PM
All World

Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
I fully ecpect Lake and Joes to be 1 and 2 in either order. That will be your district final. No teams in that district play the schedule those two teams do and are on that level of competition they are. Pick your poison. One side of the ladder gets Lake the others get to deal with Joe's. I see both squads breezing to the finals.

Old 01-31-18, 01:19 PM
All American

C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown5 View Post
Do they play before the voting is done? It is a 2 team race, but if they have to play in the District Semi's that would be unfortunate. I'm sure Edgewood and West Geauga would jump at being the #2 and #3 seeds, with Lake at #1 and VASJ at #4. I think it will be Lake #1, VASJ #2, Edgewood #3, and West Geauga #4 and who cares after that.

They play February 10th the night before the draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-18, 01:36 PM
Varsity

brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MugnMaul78 View Post
I did some inquiries. It wasn't over Gaffney. Another Catholic school parent (and friend of old man Gaffney) and his son came up to Babe, Babe's dad, a former St Joe Coach, and others seated at a table accusing Babe of derogatory things and threatening him. Babe didn't cuss or get physical. There were plenty of witnesses. Personally, I would of smacked the guy, but that's me.

Once again, "BrushArc" full of carp. First he tells everyone I am on VASJ's board and now it's Babe having an altercation with a fan in the stands. Either he is lying for his agenda or there are people feeding him lies trying to push his buttons.
Nice win for my Arcs last night over in Chardon. I never mind watching a game at Chardon and loved going to see a game or two when Coach Moran had the program on the uptick.

Mug, your posts are clairvoyant in a sense that they nearly always predict the future, though not in the way you intend. Lying for an agenda and feeding lines in an effort to push buttons is an accurate description for this situation although not in the way you realize.
Old 01-31-18, 01:49 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
That's why NOBODY saw anything. Babe and other VASJ coaches and friends watched most of the games from the VIP room. Im not shocked Arc made the story fit his view. That is kinda his thing. I'm sure there is bad blood between Garfield and Joe's. If something did happen so be it. It's not major enough to even mention.
A pattern of reckless and embarrassing behavior is not major enough to mention? Are you so feeble minded that the past has no bearing on your future?

I don't have a view on this thing Bball. I have eyes. The thing is most of NEO can see what I see also, including most in the building. I'm just glad his schedule is cleared during the day so Babe can attend those weekly meetings with principal and president regarding his actions.

With Brush off this Saturday I think I'll take in the game over at Mentor this weekend. Should be a good one. Maybe Babe and Krizancic can exchange motivational quotes with each other over the PA system in between sips of water at halftime for the entertainment.
Old 01-31-18, 02:24 PM
All Ohio

MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
Nice win for my Arcs last night over in Chardon. I never mind watching a game at Chardon and loved going to see a game or two when Coach Moran had the program on the uptick.

Mug, your posts are clairvoyant in a sense that they nearly always predict the future, though not in the way you intend. Lying for an agenda and feeding lines in an effort to push buttons is an accurate description for this situation although not in the way you realize.
Geez are you thick. You can't even get when someone is trying to pull you aside and ask, "what are you doing?". NO ONE CARES that you and your little friends had a falling out with another former friend, NO ONE. Stuff happens, get over it. It's time to grow up. So stop embarrassing yourself and move on. Please do it, if for no other reason, than for your family. They really don't deserve this.
Old 01-31-18, 03:02 PM
All World

Babe and Coach K - two of the finest coaches in Ohio doing battle. It should be a great game. The funny thing is the D4D tourney was Sunday and it's now Weds and NOBODY but you have reported this so called incident. You would think if it was as bad as you made it out that Twitter would be blowing up. You are well aware what Twitter is. Only you Arc the man with an ax to grind and an agenda thinks this is an issue.

Brush had their hands full with Chardon for awhile. They struggled a bit with South as well and both are at the Euclid District. Now Mentor is finding their groove as well. That Euclid District will be a meatgrinder. I'm sure you will be on the Mentor side cheering on the Cards.

Old 01-31-18, 03:11 PM
Freshman

sgonakisjr is on a distinguished road
Mug, I have never needed a call-sign to voice my displeasure about Babe Kwasniak. In fact, until he blocked me, I would tweet directly at Babe, calling him out for his ridiculous, self-promotional, and hypocritical posts. It seems that you and Bball have fingered the wrong man, as I am not the brusharc. Is it possible that there may be others who dislike Babe, and will not stand for this hypocrisy?

Also, a reading of your posts brings me to the sad realization that you have become nothing but a shill for Babe, swallowing up anything that he feeds you. Sadly, I’m convinced that if Babe told you that only winners take dumps at center court, within 10 minutes the Viking janitorial staff would be out there hosing down the Purple Palace with disinfectant.

But please, keep on posting your nonsense. Not only is it comical, I have to believe that if it wasn’t for you and Bball, there would be no need for the brusharc. But what do I know, I don’t have Babe as a source and Babe doesn’t tell me what to say.

And finally, my family is good Mug. Thank you for asking. I hope yours is too. My family is made up of good Christians, they forgive me, roll with me….faults and all. My friends and mentors inspire me to be a better person. I can only pray that you have that too.
Old 01-31-18, 03:29 PM
Freshman

Now, I don't this Bball, I don't know what he does, and I don't know what he lives on. But it does appear that he has two sources of information regarding the Viking Village. One being Babe, and the other being Mug, aka The Bosom Buddies.

Bball, after a review of the most recent posts, I don't think anyone is going after your son. By all accounts, your son is a great kid. And, ironically, it appears that your son and I have a much in common, both were members of a VASJ basketball team that won a state championship ring, both are VASJ graduates, both did well academically, and now, as it turns out, both have a love for the practice of law. Only difference between us, from what I can tell, is that my father never complained about my lack of playing time, or lack of communication, to coaches, administrators, or whoever you could get to listen. I wish your son nothing but the best.
Also, I am glad that the lawyer your son interned with is now supporting VASJ. When I was in highschool, that lawyer supported and backed Lake Catholic. I know we could have used his support in the mid nineties. I am grateful for his support and hope his support continues, as I believe he is a Viking graduate.

Finally, I noticed on one of your posts that you said the player and his father who caused the altercation after the Holy Name game a few years back were dealt with accordingly. I wonder whether the player, I believe from Hudson, who is no longer on the team, was, in your opinion, dealt with accordingly? Why was he removed from the team again?
Old 01-31-18, 03:38 PM
Freshman

Hey Brush, let me know how to get a hold of you and I can meet you at the Mentor game. We can stop by a deli and get a sandwich, kosher of course, and a pickle. The last time I said I was going to a Joes game, Mug and the gang tried to get the game cancelled due to safety concerns. Hopefully, our presence won't cause a problem. I sure don't want any problems. I know how Mug is, and I heard Babe had the fastest hands in the military. I once heard that he was just messing around in a sparring session one day, and beat a man within an inch of his life. Ming.
Old 01-31-18, 04:46 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgonakisjr View Post
Mug, I have never needed a call-sign to voice my displeasure about Babe Kwasniak. In fact, until he blocked me, I would tweet directly at Babe, calling him out for his ridiculous, self-promotional, and hypocritical posts. It seems that you and Bball have fingered the wrong man, as I am not the brusharc. Is it possible that there may be others who dislike Babe, and will not stand for this hypocrisy?

Also, a reading of your posts brings me to the sad realization that you have become nothing but a shill for Babe, swallowing up anything that he feeds you. Sadly, I’m convinced that if Babe told you that only winners take dumps at center court, within 10 minutes the Viking janitorial staff would be out there hosing down the Purple Palace with disinfectant.

But please, keep on posting your nonsense. Not only is it comical, I have to believe that if it wasn’t for you and Bball, there would be no need for the brusharc. But what do I know, I don’t have Babe as a source and Babe doesn’t tell me what to say.

And finally, my family is good Mug. Thank you for asking. I hope yours is too. My family is made up of good Christians, they forgive me, roll with me….faults and all. My friends and mentors inspire me to be a better person. I can only pray that you have that too.
Interesting, I never once alluded to who you were even though I knew it was you. I really don't care if you hate Babe, that's fine. The problem was never about that, it is with YOUR behavior and the things that YOU are doing. I am thankful your family is well. Your wife, kids, pop, and uncle are the best. Deep down, you are a good guy too. I really believe that, no BS. When my sons played for you, you treated them well. And I know you are a good father that loves his kids. I don't know what is going on with you but this obsession and hatred is taking over your life and it needs to end. I can understand it with one of your friends but not you. I truly hope you find peace in your life because someday, you will realize that all of this nonsense is nothing compared to REAL problems in life. Babe realized it when his son collapsed in a sporting event. I hope it doesn't take something like that to happen to someone you care about for you to realize the things YOU are doing are wrong and beneath you. Peace.

Last edited by MugnMaul78; 02-01-18 at 10:06 PM.
Old 01-31-18, 04:49 PM
All World

Thank You for your concern for my son. He works for a.lawyer while going to nursing school. He has a heart for helping people. Now that you have showed up and posted - when will you guys stop all the nonsense and let all this garbage just go away. As for complaining about playing time - I never once spoke to TJ or Babe about that subject. If my son had any issue he spoke to coaches himself. I appreciate your concern about his playing time. You see those are two facts in one post you had wrong. That's how stories begin and false truths become so called truths. Just because my son works for a lawyer you made the assumption that he was in law and just because I personally thought my child ( as well as other players on the team) should have played more you assumed I spoke to the coaches. Wrong in both cases.

Since you guys assume you know everything I will clear something up for you. I never thought my kid deserved equal or anywhere close to the playing time the elite kids of 2015 and 2016 got. My issue was especially in 2015 when we were beating teams by 40+ points all the time that the coach should have went to the bench sooner so ALL the kids could play - not just my kid. I have never been a me person but rather a we person. I was by far not the only parent who felt that way. If you feel you must post about my son and I you should at least know the facts as they are and not as you assume.

Old 01-31-18, 07:41 PM
All World

Back to what is important. Nice road win for VASJ at JKF. Last year JFK knocked Joe's off and ruined their perfect conference record. The Vikings have a glorified practice on Friday at Trinity before what should be a battle with a all of a sudden hot Mentor team. Two of the best, well respected, well conditioned and best coached teams in Ohio. These are the kind of games win or lose that will help both teams. There is nothing but respect between these two programs and it would not surprise me if they join a practice or two in prep for the playoffs - but they will go after each other Saturday. I expect a hard fought and at times chippy game. Go Vikes
Old 02-01-18, 10:03 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugnMaul78 View Post
Geez are you thick. You can't even get when someone is trying to pull you aside and ask, "what are you doing?". NO ONE CARES that you and your little friends had a falling out with another former friend, NO ONE. Stuff happens, get over it. It's time to grow up. So stop embarrassing yourself and move on. Please do it, if for no other reason, than for your family. They really don't deserve this.
I have to be honest with you. I have no idea what you are talking about. My family is quite well. In fact, I just grabbed a cup of coffee with some of my little friends at Jack's Deli over on Cedar Rd. Really a nice little morning.
Old 02-01-18, 10:22 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
I have to be honest with you. I have no idea what you are talking about. My family is quite well. In fact, I just grabbed a cup of coffee with some of my little friends at Jack's Deli over on Cedar Rd. Really a nice little morning.
Sorta smart move, I wouldn't admit to those comments either. The smarter move would have been not to make them at all.
Old 02-01-18, 11:02 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgonakisjr View Post
Hey Brush, let me know how to get a hold of you and I can meet you at the Mentor game. We can stop by a deli and get a sandwich, kosher of course, and a pickle. The last time I said I was going to a Joes game, Mug and the gang tried to get the game cancelled due to safety concerns. Hopefully, our presence won't cause a problem. I sure don't want any problems. I know how Mug is, and I heard Babe had the fastest hands in the military. I once heard that he was just messing around in a sparring session one day, and beat a man within an inch of his life. Ming.

Thank you for the most generous offer. As you are new to the message board you can private message me for the location and I would love to entertain the possibility of a meal before going to the Mentor game. May I suggest, however, a Manhattan Deli on Mentor Avenue that has the most extraordinary corned beef. My only wish is that we were heading there in March because their corned beef in March is out of this world. We can have a corned beef sandwich now but it really doesn't matter if it is tasty or not, as long as we can stop back in March and have one when it is at it's peak.
Old 02-01-18, 12:58 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Thank you for the most generous offer. As you are new to the message board you can private message me for the location and I would love to entertain the possibility of a meal before going to the Mentor game. May I suggest, however, a Manhattan Deli on Mentor Avenue that has the most extraordinary corned beef. My only wish is that we were heading there in March because their corned beef in March is out of this world. We can have a corned beef sandwich now but it really doesn't matter if it is tasty or not, as long as we can stop back in March and have one when it is at it's peak.
Bahahahahahahahaha! Now that was enjoyable. Arc, you must be a Gemini.
Old 02-06-18, 03:51 PM
All Region

James x2 is on a distinguished road
Off Topic

I was wondering if anyone remembers the great St .Joe running back from the early 80's named Mike Clark.He is pictured on the wall in the Palace hallway.Played for Akron.Class of 83'? Is he the older brother of Frank Clark (44)who passed in the tragic Collinwood house fire last week?It was reported that Frank Clark Jr. of the Seattle Seahawks(Glenville Alum)was his son.I sat next to a large gathering of that family during the Euclid /Jackson playoff game last Nov.I jokingly praised Mike as a legendary great fellow Viking much to the jeers (jokingly) by his family.They didn't want his head to get any bigger.He was shocked( when after he and his family who had Glenville hats on, started trash talking each other in fun.)when I blurted out....Hail Red& Blue the great Mike Clark.He laughed..I gave him a thumbs up.
Old 02-06-18, 06:15 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by James x2 View Post
I was wondering if anyone remembers the great St .Joe running back from the early 80's named Mike Clark.He is pictured on the wall in the Palace hallway.Played for Akron.Class of 83'? Is he the older brother of Frank Clark (44)who passed in the tragic Collinwood house fire last week?It was reported that Frank Clark Jr. of the Seattle Seahawks(Glenville Alum)was his son.I sat next to a large gathering of that family during the Euclid /Jackson playoff game last Nov.I jokingly praised Mike as a legendary great fellow Viking much to the jeers (jokingly) by his family.They didn't want his head to get any bigger.He was shocked( when after he and his family who had Glenville hats on, started trash talking each other in fun.)when I blurted out....Hail Red& Blue the great Mike Clark.He laughed..I gave him a thumbs up.
I played football with Mike Clark of SJ83 (University of Akron's all time leading rusher and Pittsburgh Steeler's draft pick), he was a great one and is a good guy. Mike has a sister (mother of former VASJ Viking QB/Euclid Sr QB Shibazz) and had a brother Steve (a state champ on the 1989 Football Team and wrestler), who tragically passed away in 1990 in a car accident after prom. He might have had another sister because his other nephew was Toney Foster, VASJ running back and then Glenville his Sr year (2010 grad) as a kick returner and DB. I googled Frank Clark and he was originally from LA. He might be a cousin.
Old 02-06-18, 08:59 PM
All Region

That would explain them cheering on the Panthers.With the son being a Glenville alum and the family wearing both Tarblooder and Panther gear I figured this was a brother or cousin.I remember Frank Clark being part of a Plain Dealer article about H.S. football in Cleveland a few years back.He went to Michigan.I thought it mentioned Mike Clark of St. Joe as a family member
Old 02-08-18, 05:13 PM
All Region

who do we play Friday?

Are we ready for the long awaited trip down 306 Sat.night for L.C? Its time to put this thing in gear and start the upward trend because the tournament is coming.After losses to ED'S,Hoban,and Mentor we still have Lake,Cornerstone,and a rematch with C.C.C..What's it gonna be?
Old 02-08-18, 05:59 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by James x2 View Post
Are we ready for the long awaited trip down 306 Sat.night for L.C? Its time to put this thing in gear and start the upward trend because the tournament is coming.After losses to ED'S,Hoban,and Mentor we still have Lake,Cornerstone,and a rematch with C.C.C..What's it gonna be?

Hopefully a huge win on Saturday. LC very well coached coming from the great coaching tree Moran family. This should be a barn burner. I want the Vikes to win but with how they played in big games, itís a toss up for me and a true test for how Districts will go.
Old 02-10-18, 06:07 AM
All World

Should be a good one on Saturday night in Lake County. There is not much seating on the visitor side so I would arrive early. I know both teams are looking forward to this game. Lake has a nice home court advantage due to their normally loud student section. This is IMO just the first battle.
Old 02-10-18, 09:52 AM
All American

Also to note JV is at 5:30 and varsity tips around 7.

Old 02-10-18, 11:13 AM
All Ohio

Lot's going on in the Viking world today. Girls JV BB starts at 1pm and Girls Varsity BB at 2:30pm at Home (Senior Night) against CCC, Wrestling Tri Meet and Spaghetti Dinner at 5pm at Home, Boy's JV at 6:00pm and Varsity at 7:30pm at Lake Catholic. So many Viking teams, so little time. Yikes.

https://vasjvikings.com/events
Old 02-10-18, 09:50 PM
All Region

not this year lake

Vikings win ,Vikings win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Last edited by James x2; 02-10-18 at 09:52 PM. Reason: add to post
Old 02-10-18, 10:04 PM
All World

Great game and great win by the young Vikings. The atmosphere was very playoff like. Lake is a tough place to play and win at. This game will go a long way teaching the Vikes how to close out a tough game against a tough opponent.
Old 02-11-18, 11:19 AM
All American

I know this does not have to do with the game last night but in the crowd in Lake Catholicís student section. Here is the link below: https://twitter.com/alissa_1112/stat...73005577773056

Old 02-11-18, 11:21 AM
All American

VASJ Vikings 2017-2018

Very classless yet not surprising coming from a Lake student. Hopefully the admins will use the correct punishment needed. Also to point out the poster reposted the video and the user name is not associated with the student in the video.

Old 02-11-18, 03:59 PM
All World

It's a shame a great game has to be marred by a racist post by a Lake student.