Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-29-18, 01:10 PM
All District

brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by James x2 View Post
Hmmmm.... too bad this situation is brewing.Sounds like a fast approaching boil to me.To bad.The school and its history will always be bigger than any one part.Every year there is always some drama.I just want to see the Vikings be the PREMIERE destination for hoops in Greater Cleveland.The TOP PRIVATE SCHOOL no matter the division.We are always seemingly battling transfers and issues no matter what the reasons.Now this stuff One day we will get back to everyone rowing in the same direction.When????? Anybodies guess.Hail Red & Blue!
James, since you were at JCU did you see any kind of altercation with the VASJ coach and a fan in the stands? I'm always hesitant to start these rumors but since I figured Bball216 would have the story from the Garfield locker room I figured I would ask if you saw anything first. I had to leave before the Garfield game but one of the organizers told me it was not a pleasant situation and was really embarrassing not only to Babe, but also his family. It is almost as if he is becoming unhinged....
Old 01-29-18, 02:44 PM
All American

C'Town216 is on a distinguished road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-18, 03:07 PM
All Region

James x2 is on a distinguished road
wow,wow,and more WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
James, since you were at JCU did you see any kind of altercation with the VASJ coach and a fan in the stands? I'm always hesitant to start these rumors but since I figured Bball216 would have the story from the Garfield locker room I figured I would ask if you saw anything first. I had to leave before the Garfield game but one of the organizers told me it was not a pleasant situation and was really embarrassing not only to Babe, but also his family. It is almost as if he is becoming unhinged....
I watched the 2nd quarter through the finish of the Bene/ Revere game.All of the VASJ game and the first half of Brush/Cornerstone.Wish I would have stayed for the finish.Usually take in at least one Brush home game per year and always see them at the Euclid district.The only time I can recall anything happening like this was when I was at Holy Name and a parent confronted Babe after the game about his son and it got ugly A Few years ago.

WTF??????????????? If one of the organizers told you then one would reasonably assume it happened.Not to assign guilt or blame to any one of the parties involved.If said altercation happened than its FACT not RUMOR.No need in my mind to worry about rumors

Last edited by James x2; 01-29-18 at 03:16 PM. Reason: add
Old 01-29-18, 03:34 PM
All Region

Muldoons for popcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Town216 View Post

Extra salt and a large ice cold Yuengling please!
Old 01-29-18, 03:40 PM
All American

I can attest that that altercation between Kwasniak and a parent was not a pretty situation. Iím shocked that non of the administrators at the school have taken action over that altercation before hand.

Old 01-29-18, 03:49 PM
All American

Quote:
Extra salt and a large ice cold Yuengling please!

Exactly lol

Old 01-29-18, 04:05 PM
All World

Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
I left at halftime of the Cleveland Heights vs Ed's game. I saw nothing.
Old 01-29-18, 08:40 PM
All Ohio

MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Town216 View Post
I can attest that that altercation between Kwasniak and a parent was not a pretty situation. Iím shocked that non of the administrators at the school have taken action over that altercation before hand.

If you mean the time a couple years back when a student's father came into a locker room angry after a game because his son didn't play. Action was taken. That father was banned from practices and locker rooms. I believe his dad pulled him from the team. The general policy I always heard was that none of the coaches will talk to parents about playing time after games, there is supposed to be a 24 cooling off period.
Old 01-29-18, 09:57 PM
All World

The coaches would rather not speak to parents at all. The kids are told that if they have any issues to speak to the coaches before or after a practice / request a meeting. If after that meeting the player still is not happy then at that time a parent can be brought in. It is frowned upon to let parents get involved.

I was at the game at Holy Name and the parent was in the wrong. He bargged into the locker room post game and was cussing out coaches in front of the players and his son. His son was a transfer from SVSM. He was a good player but he was not going to play ahead of Mo Johnson or a 9th grader named Jerry Higgins. That was a case where a parent went to far and both him and his son were dealt with accordingly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Old 01-29-18, 10:00 PM
All Region

That's a good policy for sure.That incident happened at Holy Name a few years back. Think his name was McClain.I was told he was from Copley.

Last edited by James x2; 01-29-18 at 10:03 PM. Reason: add to post
Old 01-29-18, 10:21 PM
All District

brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
No one on here wants to comment on the incident at JCU yesterday but we’d rather discuss cooling off periods? I mean, the incident was observed by so many in attendance yet shockingly Mug and Bball216 remain silent on the issue. Even with Bball216’s close ties to the Garfield locker room and Mug’s direct email pipeline to the Administration at VASJ we can’t get a comment. I really thought those two primary sources would have some insight. I guess I’ll just have trust what I hear from those peers in attendance. Unless their is cellphone video of the incident????? Wouldn’t that be something. Maybe we can ask a real lawyer like Misny if cellphone video of an incident like that would try in the court of public opinion?
Old 01-29-18, 11:04 PM
All World

I really have no idea what your talking about. I have not seen anybody else post about it either. So far only you have a story to tell. Whatever happened must have been after halftime of the Ed's game because that is when my son and I left. You would think with all the posters on Yappi that were there somebody other than Babes #1 hater would post something.

Old 01-29-18, 11:23 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
I really have no idea what your talking about. I have not seen anybody else post about it either. So far only you have a story to tell. Whatever happened must have been after halftime of the Ed's game because that is when my son and I left. You would think with all the posters on Yappi that were there somebody other than Babes #1 hater would post something.

I wasn't there but maybe he told BrushArc and/or his peeps to kiss off. If he did, at least he would have told them in person instead of tweeting about it like some would do.
Old 01-30-18, 04:08 PM
All District

StowInTheKnow is on a distinguished road
It was up in VIP area. Babe mouthing off about how bad Sonny Johnson is and one of Sonnys boys wasn't having any
Old 01-30-18, 04:54 PM
All Region

Kinda sounds like this happened away from the court

I was going to speak about this before but I got sidetracked with other things.I would say the area above the court where the coaches and media gathered before and during the games.(behind the two windows overlooking the court).That would explain why others who were there at this time did not see this.Sounds like it was hard feelings over Gaffney
Old 01-30-18, 05:31 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I was going to speak about this before but I got sidetracked with other things.I would say the area above the court where the coaches and media gathered before and during the games.(behind the two windows overlooking the court).That would explain why others who were there at this time did not see this.Sounds like it was hard feelings over Gaffney
I did some inquiries. It wasn't over Gaffney. Another Catholic school parent (and friend of old man Gaffney) and his son came up to Babe, Babe's dad, a former St Joe Coach, and others seated at a table accusing Babe of derogatory things and threatening him. Babe didn't cuss or get physical. There were plenty of witnesses. Personally, I would of smacked the guy, but that's me.

Once again, "BrushArc" full of carp. First he tells everyone I am on VASJ's board and now it's Babe having an altercation with a fan in the stands. Either he is lying for his agenda or there are people feeding him lies trying to push his buttons.

Last edited by MugnMaul78; 01-30-18 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-30-18, 06:36 PM
All World

That's why NOBODY saw anything. Babe and other VASJ coaches and friends watched most of the games from the VIP room. Im not shocked Arc made the story fit his view. That is kinda his thing. I'm sure there is bad blood between Garfield and Joe's. If something did happen so be it. It's not major enough to even mention.
Old 01-30-18, 07:17 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugnMaul78 View Post
I did some inquiries. It wasn't over Gaffney. Another Catholic school parent (and friend of old man Gaffney) and his son came up to Babe, Babe's dad, a former St Joe Coach, and others seated at a table accusing Babe of derogatory things and threatening him. Babe didn't cuss or get physical. There were plenty of witnesses. Personally, I would of smacked the guy, but that's me.

Once again, "BrushArc" full of carp. First he tells everyone I am on VASJ's board and now it's Babe having an altercation with a fan in the stands. Either he is lying for his agenda or there are people feeding him lies trying to push his buttons.
May not have been over Gaffney but the father was still connected to the situation so it sounds like he may have been involved indirectly.
Old 01-30-18, 07:35 PM
All Region

Unhappy

Quote:

Don't shoot the messanger but no one knows for sure what really happened unless we were present.Forgetting the parties involved in situations like this it makes sense to look at the action and work backwards from there.For example....if this had nothing to do with Gaffney but this was a parent of a catholic school basketball player(presumably).What did the VASJ coach do that was derogatory enough to elicit this parent to threaten him.Unless this parent is two fries short of a happy meal at McDonalds then something happened to cause this scene.Even if the coach didn't cuss or get physical and maintained his composure some prior history or behavior happened.Who knows? But again WTF is going on here
Old 01-30-18, 07:49 PM
All World

I'm sure Sonny would not hold Joe's in high regards if Babe poached one of his best players. I'm sure whatever happens is not important enough to even worry about. It's water under the bridge. This would not be the first time two coaches or a parent and a coach had words. It happeneds all the time all over the state. In fact this so called altercation was so minor only Arc even reported it. There were a bunch of Yappi posters at the game and ONLY Arc found the story and tried again to paint Babe in a bad light. Not surprised.
Old 01-30-18, 08:28 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Don't shoot the messanger but no one knows for sure what really happened unless we were present.Forgetting the parties involved in situations like this it makes sense to look at the action and work backwards from there.For example....if this had nothing to do with Gaffney but this was a parent of a catholic school basketball player(presumably).What did the VASJ coach do that was derogatory enough to elicit this parent to threaten him.Unless this parent is two fries short of a happy meal at McDonalds then something happened to cause this scene.Even if the coach didn't cuss or get physical and maintained his composure some prior history or behavior happened.Who knows? But again WTF is going on here
From more than one sources who were in the room, Babe and other coaches were talking basketball. Babe made a comment about the poor shot selection a player on another team made in a game and the father from a completely different team called Babe a racist for making the comment. Anyone who knows Babe knows he is not a racist. Frankly it is ridiculous that a parent and kid can come and go into a coaches hospitality room. I put that at JCU.

As far as your "Messenger" is concerned, it is a person pretending to be a Jewish Brush alum because he is upset because his 3 friends feel disrespected by their former friend and nobody cares about them. Sorry if I don't believe he has any credibility.

Believe me, I would much rather be talking basketball but your messenger with a phony name has hijacked the forum to deflect away from the good things happening at our school and with our basketball program.
Old 01-30-18, 08:49 PM
All Region

I want to be sure that it's understood that I'm not blaming this incident on anyone.Just that some prior history between the parties seems to be present.
Old 01-30-18, 09:08 PM
All Region

Quote:
From more than one sources who were in the room, Babe and other coaches were talking basketball. Babe made a comment about the poor shot selection a player on another team made in a game and the father from a completely different team called Babe a racist for making the comment. Anyone who knows Babe knows he is not a racist. Frankly it is ridiculous that a parent and kid can come and go into a coaches hospitality room. I put that at JCU.

As far as your "Messenger" is concerned, it is a person pretending to be a Jewish Brush alum because he is upset because his 3 friends feel disrespected by their former friend and nobody cares about them. Sorry if I don't believe he has any credibility.

Believe me, I would much rather be talking basketball but your messenger with a phony name has hijacked the forum to deflect away from the good things happening at our school and with our basketball program.
I was referring to myself as the messenger.No one else.Trying to be fair and unbiased because like I said I have no axe to grind with anyone here nor any of the VASJ coaches. I like to observe things from all angles and both sides of this were presented.:I would rather be talking basketball as well.

Last edited by James x2; 01-30-18 at 09:11 PM. Reason: add to post
Old 01-30-18, 09:33 PM
All World

Solid road win tonight at JFK. The Vikings usually struggle there. It's hard to get in a groove after a hour and a half ride in a cold school bus. Nice to see Joe's get back in the winning column after a brutal schedule last week.
Old 01-30-18, 09:42 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I was referring to myself as the messenger.No one else.Trying to be fair and unbiased because like I said I have no axe to grind with anyone here nor any of the VASJ coaches. I like to observe things from all angles and both sides of this were presented.:I would rather be talking basketball as well.
I understand. Unfortunately all of us on this forum get sucked into played games with this disingenuous egomaniac.
Old 01-30-18, 09:45 PM
All Ohio

VASJ - 75
JFK - 54

Vikes now 8-6.

Next up, at Trinity on Friday and at Mentor on Saturday.
https://vasjvikings.com/events/02/2018
Old 01-30-18, 10:16 PM
All Region

Does anybody know when the draws are for the districts?
Old 01-31-18, 07:09 AM
All District

Jtown5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Does anybody know when the draws are for the districts?
I think 2/11 or 2/12 they announce the bracket based on the online voting for seeding. This could be interesting how the vote goes with Edgewood and West Geauga having good seasons, but obviously not playing the strength of schedule as Lake or VASJ. 13 team bracket means #1-#3 get byes, could end up seeing Lake and VASJ in a District Semi depending on the voting.
Old 01-31-18, 09:47 AM
All World

3out2in is on a distinguished road
The draw is statewide and occurs on Sunday Feb 11.
Old 01-31-18, 11:11 AM
All World

The head to head meeting coming up will have a lot to say in who is ranked higher Lake or Joe's. Let's not kid ourselves this district is a two team race.