Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-12-18, 10:57 AM
All American

C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
The VASJ at STA game in Louisville will be rescheduled for January 20th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-18, 10:27 PM
All Ohio

MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Town216 View Post
The VASJ at STA game in Louisville will be rescheduled for January 20th

Thanks Ctown!
Old 01-18-18, 09:29 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugnMaul78 View Post
Thanks Ctown!

No problem Mugn!

Old 01-19-18, 07:03 AM
All American

Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
Big test for the young Vikings tonight at CCC. The games are normally very competitive and chippy and I expect this to be no different. Great mid season measuring stick.
Old 01-20-18, 03:29 PM
All American

sehs
I went to this game and was surprised, expecting a competitive game but Central really just upped the pressure and out-scrapped VASJ. I must admit, the knock on CCC is usually that they do not do that much to other teams, the hustle plays, 50/50 balls. They are extremely athletic and seem committed to moving the ball on offense, again something I have ever really seen from them.

VASJ did not play very good team defense, they almost seem to still be learning their roles. #15 had a good game, runs the point well and was their best scoring threat but there was not much offense outside of an NBA style pick and roll, they need to find some other scorers. They did make runs and cut leads but all in all Central seemed very comfortable the whole game.
Old 01-20-18, 04:23 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehs View Post
I went to this game and was surprised, expecting a competitive game but Central really just upped the pressure and out-scrapped VASJ. I must admit, the knock on CCC is usually that they do not do that much to other teams, the hustle plays, 50/50 balls. They are extremely athletic and seem committed to moving the ball on offense, again something I have ever really seen from them.

VASJ did not play very good team defense, they almost seem to still be learning their roles. #15 had a good game, runs the point well and was their best scoring threat but there was not much offense outside of an NBA style pick and roll, they need to find some other scorers. They did make runs and cut leads but all in all Central seemed very comfortable the whole game.
Good summary. CCC was stronger and tougher in the paint. The bigs were stronger and more physical. VASJ is young (1 senior that starts and plays 3 freshmen substantial minutes). The weather canceled games hurt them because this group needs to play together to get better. They will get better as they get more games.
Old 01-20-18, 10:32 PM
All American

I made the trip to STA tonight and the Vikings used the game to work on things that have been plaguing them the last few games. They beat up the Knights by 68 and I'm pretty sure every player scored. The talent at STA has really dropped off since the epic battles these two teams have shared the last several years. The JV game was not much different as STA does not have much in the pipeline it seems.
Old 01-21-18, 01:48 PM
All Yappi

BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
What is VASJ's record?

Thank you
Old 01-21-18, 05:05 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBulldog View Post
What is VASJ's record?

Thank you

6-4 on the year
Old 01-21-18, 08:09 PM
All American

They have lost close games to SVSM and a top team from Indiana. They also lost to Cleveland Heights and CCC by double digits on the road. If you look at all the teams the last 6 years or so at VASJ - they all lost several games in the regular season. The games don't mean anything. March is all that matters and by playoff time these young Vikings should be more prepared to compete and more importantly win these highly competitive games. The Vikings don't listen to people telling them how good they are or how bad they are - they just play. That was never more evident than in 2016 when they lost 8 seniors and stunned Beachwood in Districts and road that wave to a state runner up finish. They have a tried and true process that might not work for everybody - but it works for them.
Old 01-22-18, 10:02 AM
All American

This week will be a big test for the young Vikings as they play Gilmour, Ed's and Hoban. I think a 2-1 week would be a positive move in the right direction. These are three solid well coached teams that will test Joe's. I for one look forward to spending the day at John Carroll on Sunday watching not only Joe's vs Hoban but several great games. This year's D4D is loaded.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Old 01-23-18, 10:43 PM
All American

Solid win on the road by VASj at Gilmour 75-64. This is a venue that Joe's for what ever reason has not played well in. The Lancers only defeats this year were to Lutheran East (2pts) and Hoban. This game was impressive because Gean Higgins had 31 points but even more impressive Joe's was without their starting center. Gilmour has a very talented big and the Vikings were able to gang up on him and keep him in check by committee. The game had a playoff feel to it and was loaded with constant substitutions all game from both sides. Joe's was a bit sloppy at times but overall did a great job on defense and worked their offense. The Lancers are pretty talented and have a very good shot winning their District.
Old 01-23-18, 10:52 PM
All District

CCA Fan is on a distinguished road
That is a good W. Gilmour is for real this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
Solid win on the road by VASj at Gilmour 75-64. This is a venue that Joe's for what ever reason has not played well in. The Lancers only defeats this year were to Lutheran East (2pts) and Hoban. This game was impressive because Gean Higgins had 31 points but even more impressive Joe's was without their starting center. Gilmour has a very talented big and the Vikings were able to gang up on him and keep him in check by committee. The game had a playoff feel to it and was loaded with constant substitutions all game from both sides. Joe's was a bit sloppy at times but overall did a great job on defense and worked their offense. The Lancers are pretty talented and have a very good shot winning their District.
Is VASJ in their district? I would think so since the schools are so close geographically. Was VASJ able to pressure them into turnovers or did they just sit down and play solid in the half court?
Old 01-23-18, 10:56 PM
All American

Different districts. Joe's is at Lakeside and Gilmour is at Stow. Joe's played very solid half court defense and did some full court pressing. Higgins put on a display like he always does on both sides of the ball. It was a great defensive plan by Coach Kwas and his staff that used smaller quick athletic players to surround the Gilmour big and either make him give the ball up or in many cases force up a bad shot. He was becoming frustrated by the 4th quarter - IMO that along with amazing game by Gene Higgins was the difference. Not many teams can overcome the absence of your starting big (concussion) but Joe's did a really good job at staying disciplined and sticking to the game plan. Also many times overlooked the halftime adjustments by the VASJ staff was spot on.

Last edited by Bball216; 01-24-18 at 05:01 AM.
Old 01-24-18, 11:12 AM
Junior Varsity

brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I noticed that the player was not there on Saturday - but did not know why. I know you and your band of brothers like to do what you can to make Babe look bad. I now know what happened and it's not what you posted. Unlike you I will not post about things that should be left as internal. The reason I and many others take issue with Garfield Heights is 100% based on the gloating, self promotion and overall arrogance of their head coach. I don't see any other program promoting how great they are. Right or wrong that is how I feel. All I can say is that you speak about loyalty. Loyalty is a two way street. If you don't show loyalty - don't expect it in return. There is always two sides to a story - remember that. You just seem to listen to the side that fits into your objective which is making VASJ and Babe look bad. That makes you part of the problem and not the cure. I on the other hand want to see the team, Babe, the staff and school do well and be successful.

You won't post about things that should remain internal but you will take a dive into the Garfield locker room to tell everyone how unhappy people are? Don't be a hypocrite.

Loyalty is a two way street. I agree. There are two sides to every story. I agree. Is it possible that you are only getting one side of the story while many others have access to both sides? Does that make me part of the problem or part of the solution?

"Gloating, self-promotion, and overall arrogance," are you kidding me? This comment proves a total lack of self-awareness. Did you read his recent post slamming a college kid at John Carroll for celebrating hitting the 500 point plateau in which he, surprise surprise, referenced himself? You can't worship one and crucify the other. That's not how rational people act.

You can't hide in the coaches room forever when it is time to face the music. Especially when the people you have pinned your transgressions are gone and removed, largely by your own actions.

The one thing you are correct about is the program is bigger than any one coach or player. Let's hope the program can survive while the administration tangles with how best to proceed.
Old 01-24-18, 12:06 PM
All American

I don't see any other coach bragging about how HE got a player 40 D1 offers - before he even had one practice at GH. I'm not alone in my dislike for Sonnys tactics and gloating. When you do those kind of things it puts a target on your back and people root for your team to lose. When you take in or in GH case seek out transfers - you end up pushing out kids who have been with you from the 9th grade. It pisses off parents and players. People know Sonny is crooked and much of NE Ohio enjoy seeing them lose. I just so happen to know a guy with a kid on the team and since I have no alligence to GH I don't mind sharing it.

Old 01-24-18, 01:17 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
You won't post about things that should remain internal but you will take a dive into the Garfield locker room to tell everyone how unhappy people are? Don't be a hypocrite.

Loyalty is a two way street. I agree. There are two sides to every story. I agree. Is it possible that you are only getting one side of the story while many others have access to both sides? Does that make me part of the problem or part of the solution?

"Gloating, self-promotion, and overall arrogance," are you kidding me? This comment proves a total lack of self-awareness. Did you read his recent post slamming a college kid at John Carroll for celebrating hitting the 500 point plateau in which he, surprise surprise, referenced himself? You can't worship one and crucify the other. That's not how rational people act.

You can't hide in the coaches room forever when it is time to face the music. Especially when the people you have pinned your transgressions are gone and removed, largely by your own actions.

The one thing you are correct about is the program is bigger than any one coach or player. Let's hope the program can survive while the administration tangles with how best to proceed.
For goodness sake, at least update your name to something other than BrushArc. It really is disrespectful to Brush alums. Everyone get's you don't like Babe, tell him to go screw himself and then let it go and stop embarrassing yourself and your family.
Old 01-24-18, 01:20 PM
All American

Well said.

Old 01-26-18, 08:57 AM
Junior Varsity

Embarrassment? According to my Gentile alums from VASJ, it is you, the famed Mugnmaul, who is the embarrassment. Your chat-room pal Bball216 gets a pass. He is weak, Fredo-like, and his loyalty was easily obtained by Coach Babe Kwasniak. At least Babe gave Bball’s kid a position on the freshman basketball staff in exchange for his silence. In a sense, Bball’s loyalty, although mistaken, is somewhat admirable. For his loyalty, Coach Kwasniak now let’s Bball216, the self-proclaimed “highschool hoops junkie,” travel from gym to gym in his superhero attire of a hoodie, hightops, and acid-wash silver tabs. God only knows what Babe says about him behind closed doors.

But Mug, your loyalty came much easier. Let the kid from South Euclid, the infamous brusharc, remind you that it is you who sits on the VASJ Board of Directors. It was and still is you who turned a hypocritical blind eye towards the actions of a self-promoting, egomaniacal basketball coach. It was and still is you who allowed this Coach to turn on and slander any and all people who disagreed with him. It was and still is you who allowed him to demean administrators, teachers, the athletic director, family members, other coaches, and alums. So many alums, family, current players, former players, coaches, administrators, now gone.

You had the ability to stop it. As his “mentor,” you had the ability to pull him aside and simply ask him “what are you doing?” But you wouldn’t. And for what, because this Coach calls you “Mr.” and tells everyone how great a mentor you are? Sadly, you have turned into a yes-man. It was you, who was manipulated by the social media charades of a used-car salesman. And now you tell everyone who will listen that the friends of the brucharc are not loyal to the school and are troublemakers.

No my friend, you have lost your soul. And this is on you. When this era is finally over, your undersized Viking polo shirt shall serve as your Scarlet Letter for your lack of judgment and conviction. But for now, I am grateful that I can follow my Arcs, and their coach as they prepare for their Friday contest against the Rangers of North.
Old 01-26-18, 01:55 PM
All American

Comical. I wonder how one gets so delusional. Nobody allows me to do anything - and I don't wear high tops. I have far more respect for Babe than I do a bunch of whiny, pouting and cynical guys who who band together trying to undermine the VASJ program all because their buddy did not get the job. You can sling insults all you want and twist things to fit your opinion and agenda but the truth is the program and school are doing just fine without all of you.I still see all the important people in the stands.

I find it funny how you say coaches have left, like it was Babes doing. Ash got a head coaching job and Newlon left when his kid did. Maybe you need to ask the kids my son coached last year and their parents what kind of job he did. If able my son could have coached a VASJ, Ed's or Gilmour this season - but his college schedule is not accommodating this year. I have never seen a group of people act so immature because they did not get their way. I don't know a lot about the new AD other than bits here and there from his time at Euclid - but he has to be better than what we had. He is working with the coach - not against him.

The program is in the mist of doing what no other high school in Ohio has ever done and instead of celebrating that you guys would rather root against them, bad mouth them and cheer for them to fail. If that makes you feel better - your not Vikings. You don't see me bad mouthing Euclid - do you. I'm glad I can finally watch competitive basketball again at Euclid. I don't wish anybody failure. You and your little Viking hater club can keep on hating because the ship has moved on without you. Like the incident at Grandmas funeral where her family overheard the disparaging comments about the team putting a token item at her feet by members of your gang. You guys are the one looking bad time after time. Enjoy watching Brush. They have a nice team this year and should make it as far as the district semi finals or finals.

Old 01-26-18, 04:32 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
Embarrassment? According to my Gentile alums from VASJ, it is you, the famed Mugnmaul, who is the embarrassment. Your chat-room pal Bball216 gets a pass. He is weak, Fredo-like, and his loyalty was easily obtained by Coach Babe Kwasniak. At least Babe gave Bball’s kid a position on the freshman basketball staff in exchange for his silence. In a sense, Bball’s loyalty, although mistaken, is somewhat admirable. For his loyalty, Coach Kwasniak now let’s Bball216, the self-proclaimed “highschool hoops junkie,” travel from gym to gym in his superhero attire of a hoodie, hightops, and acid-wash silver tabs. God only knows what Babe says about him behind closed doors.

But Mug, your loyalty came much easier. Let the kid from South Euclid, the infamous brusharc, remind you that it is you who sits on the VASJ Board of Directors. It was and still is you who turned a hypocritical blind eye towards the actions of a self-promoting, egomaniacal basketball coach. It was and still is you who allowed this Coach to turn on and slander any and all people who disagreed with him. It was and still is you who allowed him to demean administrators, teachers, the athletic director, family members, other coaches, and alums. So many alums, family, current players, former players, coaches, administrators, now gone.

You had the ability to stop it. As his “mentor,” you had the ability to pull him aside and simply ask him “what are you doing?” But you wouldn’t. And for what, because this Coach calls you “Mr.” and tells everyone how great a mentor you are? Sadly, you have turned into a yes-man. It was you, who was manipulated by the social media charades of a used-car salesman. And now you tell everyone who will listen that the friends of the brucharc are not loyal to the school and are troublemakers.

No my friend, you have lost your soul. And this is on you. When this era is finally over, your undersized Viking polo shirt shall serve as your Scarlet Letter for your lack of judgment and conviction. But for now, I am grateful that I can follow my Arcs, and their coach as they prepare for their Friday contest against the Rangers of North.
Irony - a social media egomaniac coming on a social media site to complain about another social media egomaniac. Please quit the Brush charade, you already acknowledged who you are in another post.

I am sorry but this time you crossed the line pal, not real smart for a person in your profession. You want to talk about loyalty after what one of your buddies did to a prominent coach (not Babe), did to your uncle, and did a former teacher/coach there? You want to talk about loyalty, how about when you guys were rooting for Beachwood last year or Euclid this year, was that loyalty?? Get off your high horse.‎ ‎ The truth is you are an egomaniac and you pick and choose your "loyalties" and "right and wrong" based on your politics and agenda.

This never had anything to do with Coach, because frankly I don't care if you like him or not. You don't like him fine, that's up to you. As I told you, tell him to go screw himself and be done with it. But you won't let it go and this obsession is an embarrassment to your good name and family. No, this has everything to do with YOU and YOUR behavior. Frankly you are becoming unhinged and need help. Please go get it for the sake of your wife and kids. They don't deserve this.

Lastly, you are in NO position to attack BBall. See, while you and your merry band of 3 friends were bashing our school, Bball (a Euclid alum) took a chance on our place with his child (and convinced probably 20 other kids in his son's 8th grade class to do the same). That takes more guts than you EVER know and makes him twice the Viking you and your buddies will EVER be. You are attacking one of our parents and sir that is UNACCEPTABLE. You owe BBall an apology.

PS, for the record, you are clueless because I am not on the VASJ Board of Directors and I have never been.

Last edited by MugnMaul78; 01-27-18 at 04:25 PM.
Old 01-26-18, 07:21 PM
All American

Maul - thanks for the kind words but you don't need to defend me from him or any of his fellow club members. I have an issue with him talking about my son though. All my son did was represent VASJ in the highest of manners. Graduated with honors, won scholarships, was asked to speak to the diocese, donors and Bishop about the value of a Catholic education (dressed in his basketball blazer) at the Gallager mansion, came back as a coach - and won a state championship ring as a player and coach.

That dwarfs anything Aka Arc has ever done or will ever do. My son was the epitome of what a Viking should be on and off the court - unlike Arc. If he is respected by Mr. Daily and his wife and can work for a real lawyer Tim Misny - I'd say he did pretty good. Arc likes to throw daggers and paint people.like Babe as bad guys but never mentions the flaws of the former AD. Makes him out to be a great family man while the rumor is he does not get along very well with some family members - according to people at Euclid. I know a lot more then I post but I try to take the high road.

You don't mention it because you would never say a bad thing about your boys - I can and will if you ever mention my son in a less than favorable way. Maybe if Arc has a kid talented enough he can be a Panther or an Arc. I'm sure that will work out real well. I'm real easy to find I'm in the same seat at Joe's and Euclid games. Arc is angry because him and his little buddies are not even missed. The more they speak the more shame and embarrassment they bring to themselves. I'm in good standing and can come and go at Joe's and not hide from anybody - can Arc.

I'm not going anywhere. I have another 5 years minimum before I have a kid out of the system. Ach does not deserve to call himself a Viking. He is a joke. Anybody who would say something about a kid who gave everything to that school on and off the field of play is classless. But that is what they are bitter, classless losers who whine and @itch because they did not get their way. F them. The school, athletic dept and team has not missed a beat without them. That alone should tell you Maul how insignificant this bunch of guys are.

Last edited by Bball216; 01-26-18 at 07:32 PM.
Old 01-26-18, 07:46 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Maul - thanks for the kind words but you don't need to defend me from him or any of his fellow club members. I have an issue with him talking about my son though. All my son did was represent VASJ in the highest of manners. Graduated with honors, won scholarships, was asked to speak to the diocese, donors and Bishop about the value of a Catholic education (dressed in his basketball blazer) at the Gallager mansion, came back as a coach - and won a state championship ring as a player and coach.

That dwarfs anything Aka Arc has ever done or will ever do. My son was the epitome of what a Viking should be on and off the court - unlike Arc. If he is respected by Mr. Daily and his wife and can work for a real lawyer Tim Misny - I'd say he did pretty good. Arc likes to throw daggers and paint people.like Babe as bad guys but never mentions the flaws of the former AD. Makes him out to be a great family man while the rumor is he does not get along very well with some family members - according to people at Euclid. I know a lot more then I post but I try to take the high road.

You don't mention it because you would never say a bad thing about your boys - I can and will if you ever mention my son in a less than favorable way. Maybe if Arc has a kid talented enough he can be a Panther or an Arc. I'm sure that will work out real well. I'm real easy to find I'm in the same seat at Joe's and Euclid games. Arc is angry because him and his little buddies are not even missed. The more they speak the more shame and embarrassment they bring to themselves. I'm in good standing and can come and go at Joe's and not hide from anybody - can Arc.

I'm not going anywhere. I have another 5 years minimum before I have a kid out of the system. Ach does not deserve to call himself a Viking. He is a joke. Anybody who would say something about a kid who gave everything to that school on and off the field of play is classless. But that is what they are bitter, classless losers who whine and @itch because they did not get their way. F them. The school, athletic dept and team has not missed a beat without them. That alone should tell you Maul how insignificant this bunch of guys are.

Well said and my apologies for not including your son in my comments. I was just so tee'd off for what they said about you in this post, and others, including the veiled threat, "we know who you are". Your son is a true Viking, a model student athlete, an incredible young man, and I am extremely proud that he is an alum of our school. Your family has enriched our school greatly and I, and countless other Vikings, are so thankful you are a part of our family.
Old 01-26-18, 11:25 PM
All Region

James x2 is on a distinguished road
a couple of questions.

Since this is being aired out on this public forum can any body clarify how this three way verbal sparring match started? Everybody was getting along then BAM! all hell breaks loose.Im wondering how a person with a screen name affiliated with Brush H.S. knows or cares so much about the Vikes? I'm not getting into this fracas,but this is making for some interesting reading.I have no axe to grind nor any dog in the fight but things are heating up real fast and it seems like its about to get personal if it hasn't already.
Old 01-27-18, 05:07 AM
All American

Maul - since I'm not a Viking would you care to explain to James in a nutshell what this is all about.
Old 01-27-18, 10:31 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Maul - since I'm not a Viking would you care to explain to James in a nutshell what this is all about.
BBALL, I already noted that you are 2X the Viking Brusharc is, you have nothing to step back from.
Old 01-28-18, 09:32 AM
All American

85-69 Ed's over VASJ. The game was way closer then the final score. This game was a dog fight for 3 and a half quarters as both team tried to play around horrible officiating. The game was close also because of the horrible foul shooting by the Eagles. The Vikings were forced to basically play with their hands tied behind their back as their starting center and best big man defender missed his second game (concussion protocol). It's really hard to play a team as big, strong, long and athletic as Ed's is without all your weapons. With that being said the young Vikings were scrappy and gave Ed's all it could handle until Mr. Flannery (one of if not the best coach in Ohio) decided to change up the Eagles full court press which led to turnovers and easy buckets. The Eagles also drained a few 3s late that really knocked the wind out of Joe's.

This game will help Joe's as the youngsters continue to get valuable experience against some of the best squads Ohio has to offer. While wins are always nice often its better to play elite competition to prepare for the games that really matter in March. I'm sure the Vikings know it's Lake Catholic and SVSM that will stand in the way of a 6th straight trip to Columbus. Ed's is good and they are deep. Flannery has a real nice team and they execute so well. It was very enjoyable watching two of the best coaches in Ohio and their different styles battling it out. The Vikings are slowly coming around. I'm not sure why this game was not played on Friday however since both teams were off and both have tough follow up games Sunday in the D4D tournament. I expect Hoban and Joe's to be a battle - so long as the Vikings have their legs.
Old 01-28-18, 12:25 PM
All District

CCA Fan is on a distinguished road
Eds and Solon

Quote:
85-69 Ed's over VASJ. The game was way closer then the final score. This game was a dog fight for 3 and a half quarters as both team tried to play around horrible officiating. The game was close also because of the horrible foul shooting by the Eagles. The Vikings were forced to basically play with their hands tied behind their back as their starting center and best big man defender missed his second game (concussion protocol). It's really hard to play a team as big, strong, long and athletic as Ed's is without all your weapons. With that being said the young Vikings were scrappy and gave Ed's all it could handle until Mr. Flannery (one of if not the best coach in Ohio) decided to change up the Eagles full court press which led to turnovers and easy buckets. The Eagles also drained a few 3s late that really knocked the wind out of Joe's.

This game will help Joe's as the youngsters continue to get valuable experience against some of the best squads Ohio has to offer. While wins are always nice often its better to play elite competition to prepare for the games that really matter in March. I'm sure the Vikings know it's Lake Catholic and SVSM that will stand in the way of a 6th straight trip to Columbus. Ed's is good and they are deep. Flannery has a real nice team and they execute so well. It was very enjoyable watching two of the best coaches in Ohio and their different styles battling it out. The Vikings are slowly coming around. I'm not sure why this game was not played on Friday however since both teams were off and both have tough follow up games Sunday in the D4D tournament. I expect Hoban and Joe's to be a battle - so long as the Vikings have their legs.
Two best teams in the NEO in my opinion (Solon and Eds). Both smacked CCA. Impressive game by VASJ. VASJ plays really fast and Higgins, what can you say. Great player, better person. VASJ could win it all again. It wouldn't shock me. I saw Babe beat a FAR superior Beachwood team in the district finals. Never count out a great tactician who has guys who play mentally and physically tough.
Old 01-28-18, 07:52 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by James x2 View Post
Since this is being aired out on this public forum can any body clarify how this three way verbal sparring match started? Everybody was getting along then BAM! all hell breaks loose.Im wondering how a person with a screen name affiliated with Brush H.S. knows or cares so much about the Vikes? I'm not getting into this fracas,but this is making for some interesting reading.I have no axe to grind nor any dog in the fight but things are heating up real fast and it seems like its about to get personal if it hasn't already.

I’m sorry, I’ve been busy the last couple days as I was meeting with members of the Band of Brothers as well as taking in the Arcs beatdown of Eastlake North Friday and reveling after a big win by the Arcs today versus the suddenly upstart CCA. Really a nice event at JCU today and really good basketball for the hoop fans there like myself.

I can tell you how this started. We have a couple of propaganda posters on here and to some of us the truth matters. Unfortunately, their side of the story is entirely based on recited legends from the bowels of babejohn. These propaganda posters would feed you the narrative that those that seek the truth are really just raw from their buddy not getting the head job. Nothing could be further from the truth. They won’t tell you that some of these people from the Band of Brothers have invested countless hours in trying to counsel, litigate, mediate, and support Babe. They also won’t tell you how all the help and support has been rewarded.

Logically, you would have to ask why the Band of Brothers would still support the Viking Football Program though one of their buddies didn’t get that job? But I’ll digress on that matter for now.

Logic is lost on those two, however. It’s almost like they need visual proof. Would that make them happy? Would seeing text messages sent from their savior threatening, berating, diminishing, and harassing good and longstanding Viking supporters make them finally see the light. Do they need to see blood to know that there is bleeding? I would be happy to provide such proof.

How did things ever get so far? I don't know. It was so -- unfortunate -- so unnecessary. Yet here we are.
Old 01-28-18, 08:19 PM
All Region

James x2 is on a distinguished road
I too was in attendance at JCU

Hmmmm.... too bad this situation is brewing.Sounds like a fast approaching boil to me.To bad.The school and its history will always be bigger than any one part.Every year there is always some drama.I just want to see the Vikings be the PREMIERE destination for hoops in Greater Cleveland.The TOP PRIVATE SCHOOL no matter the division.We are always seemingly battling transfers and issues no matter what the reasons.Now this stuff One day we will get back to everyone rowing in the same direction.When????? Anybodies guess.Hail Red & Blue!