Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-13-18, 01:42 PM
Moderated User

GregG is on a distinguished road
The OHSAA looking out for those underprivileged athletes who need to transfer schools to play fooseball.

Iím shocked Massillon doesnít get on bended knee for the OHSAA. For all the ethical mischief that goes on within the program, we should be only so lucky not to be disbanded.

Paul Brown Stadium should host the finals for free till eternity.
Old 02-13-18, 01:55 PM
All Ohio

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
striker you are correct and you are explaining the tongue in cheek point I proposed.

If any district is just adjacent OE or not OE at all - then that is their choice.

Massillon chooses to be state wide OE - which anyone else can do, so the question becomes - why doesn't your district do state wide OE?

The OHSAA has set these rules - if you don't like them then your beef is with OHSAA not Massillon, and what would the league do for Massillon from a football perspective??
Old 02-13-18, 02:00 PM
All Ohio

bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Massillon chooses to be state wide OE - which anyone else can do, so the question becomes - why doesn't your district do state wide OE?

Because theres more to life than getting kids in from across the state to play football at the HS level

The OHSAA has set these rules - if you don't like them then your beef is with OHSAA not Massillon, and what would the league do for Massillon from a football perspective??[/QUOTE]

Nothing, what would Massillon football do for our league?
Old 02-13-18, 03:00 PM
All American

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10 View Post

Because theres more to life than getting kids in from across the state to play football at the HS level

The OHSAA has set these rules - if you don't like them then your beef is with OHSAA not Massillon, and what would the league do for Massillon from a football perspective??

Perry wrestling ?
Hoover softball ?
Hoover swimming ?
Jackson basketball ?

Your right Massillon would do nothing for that league which is exactly why I say you don’t want Massillon and Massillon doesn’t want you.
Old 02-13-18, 03:02 PM
Moderated User

GregG is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Nothing, what would Massillon football do for our league?[/QUOTE]

Whoa whoa.

LaSalle couldnít help Munford to succeed, so his family understood Massillon was a superior academic institution and better football program. Munford plays three games at Massillon and he receives his dream offer; LaSalle for three years and heís got a underwear full of mud. You people deserve better
Old 02-13-18, 03:18 PM
All Ohio

bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
[/FONT]

Perry wrestling ?
Hoover softball ?
Hoover swimming ?
Jackson basketball ?

Your right Massillon would do nothing for that league which is exactly why I say you donít want Massillon and Massillon doesnít want you.
You asked why our districts don't offer state wide OE, if the mentioned schools above do offer it then I don't understand your question?

As for Jackson in basketball, am I missing something? Who have they gotten from outside their district on their team in the past 5 years?
Old 02-13-18, 04:13 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
[/FONT]

Perry wrestling ?
Hoover softball ?
Hoover swimming ?
Jackson basketball ?
Perry wrestling - No OHSAA sanctions
Hoover softball - No OHSAA sanctions
Hoover swimming - No OHSAA sanctions
Jackson basketball - No OHSAA sanctions

Massillon football - Multiple OHSAA sanctions in last 2 years
Old 02-13-18, 06:43 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post

Too many people like you calling the OHSAA everytime you check birth records and find out they arenít from Massillon.
This is typical fed hypocritical behavior, itís ok to do it as long as you donít get caught.
Old 02-13-18, 06:47 PM
All American

Quote:
You asked why our districts don't offer state wide OE, if the mentioned schools above do offer it then I don't understand your question?

As for Jackson in basketball, am I missing something? Who have they gotten from outside their district on their team in the past 5 years?
You made the comment there is more to life then getting kids in from across the state to play Hs football so I stated, then why does
Perry wrestling
Hoover softball
Hoover swimming and
Jackson basketball do it ???
Just more of the typical fed hypocrites....
Old 02-13-18, 06:48 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Too many people like you calling the OHSAA everytime you check birth records and find out they arenít from Massillon.
This is typical fed hypocritical behavior, itís ok to do it as long as you donít get caught.
No, it's pure paranoia on your part.

It's an epidemic with you guys.

EVERYONE is out to get you.
Old 02-13-18, 06:48 PM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
Don't be stupid and get caught.
Old 02-13-18, 06:57 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:

This from the guy who put security cameras on his house because he thought Massillon fans were coming to get him. HAHAHAHAHA!!!! The same guy who has sent me PMís about reporting people on here to the police. HAHAHAHAHA!!!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Old 02-13-18, 06:59 PM
All American

Quote:

As FW said clearly we arenít the paranoid ones.
Old 02-13-18, 08:18 PM
All Ohio

starkfb
Quote:

Old 02-13-18, 09:32 PM
All Ohio

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
first - I am furthest from a Massillon fan

but my question was not answered. What does the league really offer Massillon from a football perspective??

Let's not mince words. Massillon is statewide OE. I didn't say I agree or like it. Rather that is a rule and a fact. No one is forced to attend there. They are who they are. The best thing to do is play them and beat them.
Not like their "ways" has gotten them a W for a title. All schools get transfers - no one to the extent of tigertown agreed - but it happens all over

Fed Expansion - look they tried, they tried to keep Boardman and Fitch, and bring in Stow, Falls, Wadsworth, WGH, to name a few.

No one bit but Green. Green continues to improve their football while many of their country club sports thrive in the fed - just check the recent years titles of those sports.

Can't see any change in the fed. The floating bye week favors McK to allow that week 10 game. Has anyone ever heard any noise about a want of an 8th member?

(officially two questions now that won't get answered LOLOL)
Old 02-13-18, 09:41 PM
Moderated User

sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Ill ask again, actually, ill ask two questions.

Question #1, this question is for opponents of Perry wrestling. What are your thoughts about wrestling Perry with them getting kids from all over. Legally or illegally, they have a reputation for wrestlers ending up at their school. The Federal League championship is decided in the off-season and its basically predetermined. Are you (Jackson, Green, Hoover, McKinley, Lake & GlenOak) ok with them winning it every year considering their tactics? Is this practice just accepted for current members?

Question #2, this question is for Perry wrestling parents and fans. What are your thoughts when your kid busts his butt for years and years and grows up dreaming of wrestling for Perry and a kid from Texas takes his spot? Or a kid from New York takes his spot? Or a kid from California takes his spot? Or Carrollton? Or Lake? St. Paris Graham? The former Soviet Union? Does this teach your kids that winning trumps loyalty?
Old 02-13-18, 09:46 PM
All Ohio

Purple Hayes
Quote:
It's just a different business model but in full transparency we've gotten our share...years are approximate:

2011 (maybe 12?) Kyle Johnson - Came from Perry entering his Junior (maybe Senior?) year

I remembered reading on here that last year's Freshman through JV and Varsity had at least 2 kids that came from other Federal League schools as 7th/8th graders.

This year, Sophomore 2-way starter in Football and soon-to-be Baseball (and one of top players in 2020 class) as documented in the Repository came over from Lake after his freshman year.

Volleyball - All-County player in 14/15? transferred from GlenOak...also in the Repository. I believe played at same off-season "club" as where a few of the coaches coached. A

One of Perry's best wrestlers and returning state champ lives in Jackson

In reality over the years dating back to the 80s, Jackson has lost (transfers, move-ins, relocations, whatever the hell you want to call it) more impact players in Football and Basketball to McKinley and GlenOak than Massillon. Those are just the facts.
Old 02-13-18, 10:06 PM
All Ohio

Purple Hayes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
It was the old gambling, embezzling AD Bill Dessecker that put in the bans against you guys and Central.

There's just no reasonable explanation for all this that includes Massillon being 100% saintly and Jax/NCH being 100% evil, or Massillon being so much better that we are scared to play.
03-I have some institutional knowledge on this one on several fronts so I'll give it a shot:

This is actually a two-part answer and Dessecker was really just following orders. Not playing Massillon really stemmed more from Joe Larson, former Jackson Super who severely suffered from short-guy syndrome and it was more or less confined to football. Remember, Jackson never played McK at Varsity level either until 1997 (what a year to pick!). Not really a ban per se, but rather something that just wasn't sought out along with limitations on home and home series on both sides.

The verbal launch was more Elmer Schuetz doing back in 1992 (?) after Lowell Klinefelter and Central thumped them at least two years in a row, one year shutting them out, it was ugly. Schuetz stated in the papers that he "was sick and tired of playing against kids that live in our own township." So this statement really originated with Schuetz and Central.

And I totally agree with your "scared" statement, its really laughable. Kids nowadays aren't even aware of any of the tradition or ancient history nor is it even relevant.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-13-18, 10:10 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Hayes View Post
I remembered reading on here that last year's Freshman through JV and Varsity had at least 2 kids that came from other Federal League schools as 7th/8th graders.
Just because something was said here on Yappi doesn't make it so. Jackson's Competitive Balance number is zero (0) as it relates to the basketball program.
Old 02-13-18, 10:19 PM
All Ohio

Purple Hayes
Quote:
Just because something was said here on Yappi doesn't make it so. Jackson's Competitive Balance number is zero (0) as it relates to the basketball program.
You are out of your league here, son, and I guess that goes to show you that the formula is either flawed or not being reported correctly.

I could give you the kids names if you'd like but unlike you, I'm above doing that in a public forum unless it was already reported out elsewhere publicly. I only gave the 2011 kid's name because he is now easily an adult.
Old 02-13-18, 10:31 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You are out of your league here, son, and I guess that goes to show you that the formula is either flawed or not being reported correctly.
I suspect neither. I imagine the kids live in Jackson's school district with at least one of their parents. If so, that wouldn't impact Competitive Balance.
Old 02-13-18, 10:36 PM
Moderated User

Quote:

I could give you the kids names if you'd like but unlike you, I'm above doing that in a public forum unless it was already reported out elsewhere publicly. I only gave the 2011 kid's name because he is now easily an adult.
Old 02-13-18, 10:37 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
I suspect neither. I imagine the kids live in Jackson's school district with at least one of their parents. If so, that wouldn't impact Competitive Balance.
You "suspect"....You "imagine" you're out of your league son.
Old 02-13-18, 10:53 PM
All World

Striker300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
D-II CB bigger numbers:
Parochials
Tol. C.C.-200
Cle. Benedictine-169
Cin. LaSalle-137
Akron Hoban-136
Tol. St. Francis DeSales-134
Walsh Jesuit-114
Col. St. Charles-99
Tol. St. Johns-97
Publics
Massillon-50
Youngstown East-47
Cin. Withrow-43
Akron Firestone-35
Cin. Winton Woods-34

I don't even begin to understands all of the whining about Massillon's CB number. They basically have the same or similar parameters as the parochial schools, the number could be triple that and still be legal as you see above. OE schools are a statewide draw as are all parochial schools, go OE if you want the same but don't expect them to adhere to just the district only because you'd like to see it that way. By the way there is only 1 FED school with a CB number of 0 for football for 2018, GlenOak. I really don't care (and most Massillon people shouldn't either) what the antiquated FED thinks of any of this times are changing and they aren't, plain and simple. Look at Youngstown East's number yet no complaints about them from anyone, ever. It's because you still don't consider them a threat to beat the almighty FED teams if they schedule them. Same for Firestone. In the next few years you will begin to see a lot more publics with bigger numbers, still going to be hating on Massillon then? I think you will and that CB number is just another in a long line of excuses for turning tail and hiding from Massillon for some of the FED schools. Most are correct, the FED will never be a good fit for Massillon and if Massillon ever believes different then they are dropping their standards, period.

Last edited by Striker300; 02-13-18 at 11:04 PM.
Old 02-13-18, 11:01 PM
All Yappi

Perry 67 is on a distinguished road
Cool Hah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker300 View Post
D-II CB bigger numbers:
Parochials
Tol. C.C.-200
Cle. Benedictine-169
Cin. LaSalle-137
Akron Hoban-136
Walsh Jesuit-114
Col. St. Charles-99
Tol. St. Johns-97
Publics
Massillon-50
Youngstown East-47
Cin. Withrow-43
Akron Firestone-35
Cin. Winton Woods-34

I don't even begin to understands all of the whining about Massillon's CB number. They basically have the same or similar parameters as the parochial schools, the number could be triple that and still be legal, as you see above. OE schools are a statewide draw, as are all parochial schools, go OE if you want the same, but don't expect them to adhere to just the district only because you'd like to see it that way. By the way, there is only 1 FED school with a CB number of 0 for football for 2018, GlenOak. I really don't care, and most Massillon people shouldn't either, what the antiquated FED thinks of any of this, times are changing and they aren't, plain and simple. Look at Youngstown East's number, yet no complaints about them from anyone, ever. It's because you still don't consider them a threat to beat the almighty FED teams if they schedule them. Same for Firestone. In the next few years you will begin to see a lot more publics with bigger numbers, still going to be hating on Massillon then? I think you will and that CB number is just another in a long line of excuses for turning tail and hiding from Massillon for some of the FED schools. Most are correct, the FED will never be a good fit for Massillon, and if Massillon ever believes different then they are dropping their standards, period.
Massillon plays Firestone. Funny.
Old 02-13-18, 11:08 PM
All World

Striker300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry 67 View Post
Massillon plays Firestone. Funny.
And Massillon also played Winton Woods, also funny but for a different reason. Only 1 Stark school other than Massillon played WW, and it wasn't a FED team, it was CCC. They have more guts than any FED school, they scheduled WW, Massillon didn't but drew them in the playoffs.
Old 02-13-18, 11:10 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
D-II CB bigger numbers:
Parochials
Tol. C.C.-200
Cle. Benedictine-169
Cin. LaSalle-137
Akron Hoban-136
Walsh Jesuit-114
Col. St. Charles-99
Tol. St. Johns-97
Publics
Massillon-50
Youngstown East-47
Cin. Withrow-43
Akron Firestone-35
Cin. Winton Woods-34

I don't even begin to understands all of the whining about Massillon's CB number. They basically have the same or similar parameters as the parochial schools, the number could be triple that and still be legal as you see above. OE schools are a statewide draw as are all parochial schools, go OE if you want the same but don't expect them to adhere to just the district only because you'd like to see it that way. By the way there is only 1 FED school with a CB number of 0 for football for 2018, GlenOak. I really don't care (and most Massillon people shouldn't either) what the antiquated FED thinks of any of this times are changing and they aren't, plain and simple. Look at Youngstown East's number yet no complaints about them from anyone, ever. It's because you still don't consider them a threat to beat the almighty FED teams if they schedule them. Same for Firestone. In the next few years you will begin to see a lot more publics with bigger numbers, still going to be hating on Massillon then? I think you will and that CB number is just another in a long line of excuses for turning tail and hiding from Massillon for some of the FED schools. Most are correct, the FED will never be a good fit for Massillon and if Massillon ever believes different then they are dropping their standards, period.
It's interesting then, that a thread about the Federal League has gotten about half of its posts (over 100 posts) from Massillon people.
Old 02-13-18, 11:13 PM
All World

Quote:

Old 02-13-18, 11:17 PM
All World

Quote:
It's interesting then, that a thread about the Federal League has gotten about half of its posts (over 100 posts) from Massillon people.
NO!!! Itís about Federal league EXPANSION. Which if you look MASSILLON was brought into the thread in post #1.
Old 02-13-18, 11:18 PM
All Yappi

Perry 67 is on a distinguished road
Cool Ok.

Quote:
And Massillon also played Winton Woods, also funny but for a different reason. Only 1 Stark school other than Massillon played WW, and it wasn't a FED team, it was CCC. They have more guts than any FED school, they scheduled WW, Massillon didn't but drew them in the playoffs.
So we played Lasalle. what's your point? You guys sailed along and when you got to the week when things got tougher you squandered a 21 point lead. Perry got annihilated by Lasalle but made the final game twice. Glenoak schedules Iggy and Toledo Whitmer. CCC had no one else to play. Wait till you see this years schedules. Another thing. You have no idea what a team is going to do with the rest of their schedule when you play them. If no one else seems to want Massillon in the Fed. why did your admin. apply? Ah. Yeah. You know more than those guys. Get off of Yappi and get on your BOE. or talk to them. I have a feeling Massillon doesn't want to be in The Fed. I mean how long has it been since they applied? Ask Jackson to play you. Get that soccer team up and running and then you can compete.