Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-12-18, 11:03 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Ms. Basketball 2018

Since this came up on another thread and the post season is beginning thought it would be good to get the debate started! Play nice- stay positive when talking about these impressive young ladies please. You can praise your favorite player without bashing another one!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-18, 03:08 PM
All Yappi

MCGal
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
Tons of kids that could make a case.. it's a great year in girls' hoops in Ohio.. not hard to figure out who I think should get it but here's a short list of contenders:

Bell from McKinley
Mikesell from Jackson
Horston from Africentric
Sheldon from Coffman
Prohaska from LW
Hillmon from Gilmour
Marshall from MND
Puisus from Mason

Someone from Pick Central would have to be in the mix I'd imagine but I don't know enough about them to pick one
Old 02-13-18, 03:36 PM
All District

Comets111 is on a distinguished road
I would say Solon's Valencia Myers could easily win this although she doesn't have the scoring as some of those girls but she 6'2 Florida state commit and is playing is the McDonalds all- american game, which with that could push here to the top.
Old 02-13-18, 05:26 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGal View Post
Tons of kids that could make a case.. it's a great year in girls' hoops in Ohio.. not hard to figure out who I think should get it but here's a short list of contenders:

Bell from McKinley
Mikesell from Jackson
Horston from Africentric
Sheldon from Coffman
Prohaska from LW
Hillmon from Gilmour
Marshall from MND
Puisus from Mason

Someone from Pick Central would have to be in the mix I'd imagine but I don't know enough about them to pick one
Gabbi Marshall has been out of action for a month- not sure what her status is for postseason but if unable to play in tourney, that would likely knock her out of the running.
Old 02-13-18, 05:37 PM
All American

I remember hearing about Cooke from Toledo Rogers pre season but haven't heard lately- how was her season?
Old 02-13-18, 11:02 PM
All American

cvctrackfan is on a distinguished road
Who is the D3-4 Girl from southern ohio with the large scoring average
Old 02-13-18, 11:18 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvctrackfan View Post
Who is the D3-4 Girl from southern ohio with the large scoring average
Not sure which one you are referring to- more info? Maggie Kersting from 7 hills is the first one that pops into mind- a freshman with 20+ pts/game- they are D4 I believe.
Old 02-13-18, 11:43 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
I remember hearing about Cooke from Toledo Rogers pre season but haven't heard lately- how was her season?
Leads the league in scoring last I saw published but the league isn't what it was and Rogers has talent all over the floor. I don't expect the stats to mean much per Ms Basketball as they did in Natasha Howard's day.
Old 02-14-18, 10:45 AM
All American

cvctrackfan is on a distinguished road
Kballer thats the one. I didn’t know she was only a freshman....

Last edited by cvctrackfan; 02-16-18 at 09:33 AM.
Old 02-14-18, 01:17 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvctrackfan View Post
Kballer tnats the one. I didn’t know she was only a freshman....
My bad- she's a senior who scored her 1,000th pts this season. If anyone from the lower divisions in Cindy area were to get the nod it would be Alexander from Summit. She was POY for D3 last year and also an all American for soccer. I don't think Ms. Basketball will be from our area though, but it were to happen would likely be a D1 player Puisis or Prohaska. I'll make a prediction now that Loveland freshman Jillian hayes should be a finalist in a couple of years.
Old 02-15-18, 02:14 PM
All Yappi

MCGal
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
Marshall will be back soon from what I've heard but agreed that missing any significant part of the season hurts chances vs the other kids who played the whole way... good call on the Toledo kid too.
Old 02-15-18, 07:08 PM
All Ohio

crudog is on a distinguished road
I have seen all of them play with the exception of Horston. It will be a tough choice, but I think it shouldn’t be decided on statistics alone. Unfortunately, that’s about all the voters probably have to go on or to what grabs their attention. If I were one of the captains on the playground, my first pick out of that group would be Hillmon. There’s still plenty of basketball to be played.
Old 02-15-18, 10:04 PM
Success is Tradition!

just a fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by crudog View Post
I have seen all of them play with the exception of Horston. It will be a tough choice, but I think it shouldn’t be decided on statistics alone. Unfortunately, that’s about all the voters probably have to go on or to what grabs their attention. If I were one of the captains on the playground, my first pick out of that group would be Hillmon. There’s still plenty of basketball to be played.
I agree that it shouldn't be based on statistics alone. But, if it's going to be, it should be all statistics (points scored, shooting percentage, assists, rebounds, steals, blocks, etc.).

Kierstan Bell has 734 points this season (33.36 per game average), but I'm more impressed by her rebounds (leads the team), blocks (I think also leads the team), steals, and assists.

I'm not as familiar with the other players so I don't know what their all around stats look like...just think all stats should factor into the award designation.

About those assists....while not necessary, especially since it was a close game, this is impressive. Yes, I'm biased!

https://www.facebook.com/pamela.davi...group_activity