Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-12-18, 12:30 PM
All District

Purcell til I die is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youknow View Post
I think based on comments on here from Deer Park supporters mixed with their players and staff going to multiple Purcell games talking in the stands to everyone that will listen mixed with from what I hear their staff telling coaches at the draw that Purcell is afraid of them and they will blow them out. Yes they kind of created that. Not to mention gentry transfering to dp to play for his dad which is understandable, but big gentry trying to recruit PM players last year to come to deer park after Purcell games. Besides little gentry one other transfered Dashon Mcentire. So yeah it is what it is
Dam I thought Gentry an Kerr were pretty cool wow thanks for the insight this will be a GREAT game of epic proportions if it happens for all the marbles..I seen someone say dp will play Madison before Purcell does Purcell have any possible Hickups in front of them?
Old 02-12-18, 02:25 PM
All Ohio

Youknow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purcell til I die View Post
Dam I thought Gentry an Kerr were pretty cool wow thanks for the insight this will be a GREAT game of epic proportions if it happens for all the marbles..I seen someone say dp will play Madison before Purcell does Purcell have any possible Hickups in front of them?
Maybe to each other. Not sure if it’s cool to be showing up to Purcell games tellin everybody Purcell is afraid of them and they will blow them off the floor. Plus when you are openly recruiting another guys players in their own gym right after a game i would say that ain’t cool. But anyway enough with the AAU silliness. As far as hick ups i mean Anna isn’t horrible. Purcell would play them on districts. They are similar to a Madiera
Old 02-12-18, 04:26 PM
Junior Varsity

scsweeper19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ragu View Post
I see DP was 12-0 coming into the final league game. Second place IH was 10-2. My non common core math indicates that with this being the final league game, DP already locked up the outright league title. I sat just behind the scorer’s table for that game. Don’t like to be that close, but that was where the available seating was when I got there. I gotta say, I was disappointed in the DP asst coach less than stellar language aimed at a few IH players during game. Ref asked him to cut it out. The cussing out of the time keeper was unnecessary also (keeper did make mistake and it was rectified, he is a solid guy). Coach Gentry mocking crowd with crybaby gesture after game was surprising to me. I’ve not seen that type of behavior out of him before.
That was not the final league game for DP, they have a make up game this Friday against Mariemont and IH plays at Wyoming on the same day. My math tells me that if IH would have beat DP and DP lost to Mariemont and IH beats Wyoming, both IH and DP would have end with a 12-2 record in the CHL. This was the deciding game for the CHL championship. Even with that being said not a fan of rushing the court at an away game, but it is hard to control high schools kids that are experiencing supporting a winning team for the first time. I was not at the game so this next statement is 100% my opinion, not saying something did or didn't happen. A coach should never use "less than stellar" language to players on the other team, time keepers, or book keepers. The only thing a coach should say to a player on the opposing team is good game after the game, or complement them on a play during a game, like nice hustle number 1.

Last edited by scsweeper19; 02-12-18 at 04:56 PM.
Old 02-12-18, 05:24 PM
All Ohio

Big Ragu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scsweeper19 View Post
That was not the final league game for DP, they have a make up game this Friday against Mariemont and IH plays at Wyoming on the same day. My math tells me that if IH would have beat DP and DP lost to Mariemont and IH beats Wyoming, both IH and DP would have end with a 12-2 record in the CHL. This was the deciding game for the CHL championship. Even with that being said not a fan of rushing the court at an away game, but it is hard to control high schools kids that are experiencing supporting a winning team for the first time. I was not at the game so this next statement is 100% my opinion, not saying something did or didn't happen. A coach should never use "less than stellar" language to players on the other team, time keepers, or book keepers. The only thing a coach should say to a player on the opposing team is good game after the game, or complement them on a play during a game, like nice hustle number 1.
Thank you
Old 02-13-18, 04:31 AM
Varsity

Gators34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Hey coltfan in all honesty yes or no be real for a minute. Did basketball have anything to do with those kids coming to deer park?
You know that is all of it who leaves Oak Hill academy for Deer Park really not an academic juggernaut it was all about playing time same with Aiken kid
Old 02-13-18, 04:34 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Maybe to each other. Not sure if itís cool to be showing up to Purcell games tellin everybody Purcell is afraid of them and they will blow them off the floor. Plus when you are openly recruiting another guys players in their own gym right after a game i would say that ainít cool. But anyway enough with the AAU silliness. As far as hick ups i mean Anna isnít horrible. Purcell would play them on districts. They are similar to a Madiera
Wouldn't have expected anything less why do you think they don't want him back at Withrow?
Old 02-13-18, 04:50 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gators34 View Post
Wouldn't have expected anything less why do you think they don't want him back at Withrow?
Withrow better take who they can get cuz they are horrible....
Old 02-13-18, 07:18 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
? Right. He was already at a withrow game this year trying to sell his son and mark wise to principal and AD there with the catch he would have to be the coach. Saying they need to play better competition. So. You know itís all about the kids right?
Old 02-13-18, 07:21 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Withrow better take who they can get cuz they are horrible....
Withrowa coach does a nice job. Doesnít have a ton of talent but they compete like crazy. Heís a good young coach. They arenít horrible. They are like 10-7 8-2 in their league.
Old 02-13-18, 07:28 AM
All Region

MooseJaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
? Right. He was already at a withrow game this year trying to sell his son and mark wise to principal and AD there with the catch he would have to be the coach. Saying they need to play better competition. So. You know itís all about the kids right?
Iím obviously no fan of Gentry but come on, how do you know what he was saying to them?
Old 02-13-18, 08:07 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseJaw View Post
Iím obviously no fan of Gentry but come on, how do you know what he was saying to them?
Iím not the first one to post that on this thread. Some withrow guy posted the same thing a little while back. Think his name was tiger something.
Old 02-13-18, 08:39 AM
All District

Quote:
Withrowa coach does a nice job. Doesnít have a ton of talent but they compete like crazy. Heís a good young coach. They arenít horrible. They are like 10-7 8-2 in their league.
I watched them play their pretty bad donít know coach but they arenít very good for all that tradition that school has...JUST MY OPINION
Old 02-13-18, 01:40 PM
Junior Varsity

Malibu
Ah yes, Withrow, the traditional CHL power :-)
Old 02-13-18, 05:28 PM
Junior Varsity

truthcerum is on a distinguished road
You are hilarious btw, it sounds like you have a horse in this race, Gentry this Gentry that lol and meanwhile back at the ranch GO DP WILDCATS!
Old 02-13-18, 07:57 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthcerum View Post
You are hilarious btw, it sounds like you have a horse in this race, Gentry this Gentry that lol and meanwhile back at the ranch GO DP WILDCATS!
Weather I have a horse in the fight or not is irrelevant. Gentry cares about gentry always been that way always will be that way.
Old 02-14-18, 08:14 AM
Junior Varsity

3Pointer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Definitely some "Gentry Envy" going on... very amusing.

GO DP WILDCATS!!
Old 02-14-18, 08:17 AM
Junior Varsity

3Pointer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Weather I have a horse in the fight or not is irrelevant. Gentry cares about gentry always been that way always will be that way.
Lol at "horse in the fight". I hope YouKnow knows more about basketball than horse racing.
Old 02-14-18, 10:17 AM
All American

yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
It will be a ghost town around here when the Traveling Road Show finally leaves town.
Old 02-14-18, 02:06 PM
Junior Varsity

scsweeper19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yappimember67 View Post
Yes, I do wonder where the Deer Park fans were when they won 3 games in 3 years.

I guess the same place they'll be when Gentry leaves.
Out side of a select few schools, any school with a total of 3 wins in 3 years is going to playing in front of a small crowd, heck for that matter most colleges, pro teams would be hurting for attendance

Last edited by scsweeper19; 02-14-18 at 04:47 PM.
Old 02-14-18, 05:41 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Pointer View Post
Definitely some "Gentry Envy" going on... very amusing.

GO DP WILDCATS!!
Envy? Whatís there to envy about a guy who puts kids high school careers in jeopardy by recruiting and cheating just so he can say he did something by winning some games. I respect and appreciate coaches that develop players not rent them for his own glory.
Old 02-14-18, 06:47 PM
Junior Varsity

Clearly you don't know what you are talking about, you got it bad my friend go take a chill pill before you hurt yourself, Gentry must have smacked you or something geesh lol, what is your agenda sir stop hiding behind these ignorant entries and let us all know the real reason you hate Gentry so much lol. He's a liar a bad Coach a cheater, he's getting fired, he cant recruit, and lastly he wont be coming back. Did I leave anything out Mr. I'm so obsessed with Gentry and the DP WILDCATS, #what a looser!! #GO DP!!
Old 02-14-18, 06:50 PM
Junior Varsity

Go wildcats!!
Old 02-14-18, 08:28 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Clearly you don't know what you are talking about, you got it bad my friend go take a chill pill before you hurt yourself, Gentry must have smacked you or something geesh lol, what is your agenda sir stop hiding behind these ignorant entries and let us all know the real reason you hate Gentry so much lol. He's a liar a bad Coach a cheater, he's getting fired, he cant recruit, and lastly he wont be coming back. Did I leave anything out Mr. I'm so obsessed with Gentry and the DP WILDCATS, #what a looser!! #GO DP!!
Sorry facts hurt your feelings.
Old 02-14-18, 11:30 PM
Junior Varsity

Gentry and the DP WILDCATS hurts yours and its very clear to everyone on Yappi sir!
Old 02-14-18, 11:39 PM
Junior Varsity

Its a few wanna be goofs on Yappi but you sir are numero uno #1, and the same way you keep saying Gentry is gonna run off very soon, Im sure you will be running off Yappi when they run the table and win the State Championship, why? because that's what cowards do!!! #GO WILDCATS!!
Old 02-15-18, 06:47 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Its a few wanna be goofs on Yappi but you sir are numero uno #1, and the same way you keep saying Gentry is gonna run off very soon, Im sure you will be running off Yappi when they run the table and win the State Championship, why? because that's what cowards do!!! #GO WILDCATS!!
Ill take that bet, $100 bucks says that wont happen not a coward here just know high school basketball!!!!!!!
Old 02-15-18, 07:20 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
So a few things i didnít say he was running off i said heís trying to use his son and wise for another job eventually to prove the point he cares more about his self than those other kids and deer park. He is eventually going to leave or be asked to leave then all you so called wildcat faithful will either move back to where you came or from disappear completely. Secondly do research Iíve been on yappi long before he recruited all these kids and will be long after deer park does whatever they do. Reality is you only got on yappi because for the first time you feel special and have something to talk about because your team is winning. Where were you last season? Or the year before that? So please with your non sense. You claim you arenít related to any of the move ins. Youíre just a new fan. So why didnít you support deer park kids before now? Coward!
Old 02-15-18, 07:26 AM
All District

Quote:
Ill take that bet, $100 bucks says that wont happen not a coward here just know high school basketball!!!!!!!
This seems pretty personal for you coach..I have no dog in fight but itís clear you hate that other coach...is that a fair assessment? Lol
Old 02-15-18, 07:27 AM
All District

Quote:
So a few things i didnít say he was running off i said heís trying to use his son and wise for another job eventually to prove the point he cares more about his self than those other kids and deer park. He is eventually going to leave or be asked to leave then all you so called wildcat faithful will either move back to where you came or from disappear completely. Secondly do research Iíve been on yappi long before he recruited all these kids and will be long after deer park does whatever they do. Reality is you only got on yappi because for the first time you feel special and have something to talk about because your team is winning. Where were you last season? Or the year before that? So please with your non sense. You claim you arenít related to any of the move ins. Youíre just a new fan. So why didnít you support deer park kids before now? Coward!
I didnít get too go to pm vs ccd how did pm look?
Old 02-15-18, 09:23 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
I didnít get too go to pm vs ccd how did pm look?
Saw on twitter it was close at one point then they won by 20.