Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-11-18, 01:58 AM
Moderated User

Sperling23 is on a distinguished road
Findlay HS QB Tanner Rickle #1 in USA by College FB Today

https://www.scouttrout.com/breaking-...ding-into-2018
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-18, 05:55 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Taking nothing away from the Findlay QB, because he has ability and I hope he does great things, but this Scout Trout website is awful. I would consider a complete revamp. Seriously.
Old 08-11-18, 09:42 AM
All American

FremontKeith is on a distinguished road
He's not even the best QB in the TRAC.
Old 08-11-18, 10:57 AM
All World

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Great flattering recruiting letter. Invite you to our summer camp. Probably more than 1,000 of those exact letters were sent out with just a name change. I hope these parents have a clear understanding of recruiting, offers, etc. I am sure Coach Archer is a fine coach and person, hopefully they will reach .500 in the near future.
Old 08-11-18, 11:27 AM
Scatologist

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
"The Roger J. Weiss '61 Head Coach of Football" lol
Old 08-11-18, 12:00 PM
All Region

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
"The Roger J. Weiss '61 Head Coach of Football" lol
Most of the Ivies, Stanford, etc have the head coaching position along with the offense and defensive coordinator jobs sponsored by donors. It's pretty common.
Old 08-11-18, 12:08 PM
All Region

This is clearly a form letter. I'm not diminishing the kids abilities but if whoever is running this site is using this as evidence of confirmation that the site is working then someone needs to get their money back, if indeed money has changed hands. I would have probably been skeptical when a cursory glance at the site provided the information that a 5'6" 191 OL was "getting interest from Clemson and Vanderbilt", but that's just me.....I tend to be skeptical.
Old 08-11-18, 12:11 PM
All World

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
They excel at those statements like you quoted..."getting interest from...…"
Are the parents paying for the scouting service?
Old 08-11-18, 02:31 PM
All American

Johnstown Benny is on a distinguished road
I don't want to throw a wet blanket on the "recruiting letter" that Tanner Rickle received from Cornell, but for a publication to rate him the # 1 QB in the nation is one heck of a stretch in my opinion.

In the Findlay-Lima Senior game last season (2017) a very average Lima Spartan team traveled to Findlay for a TRAC league game in which Tanner Rickle was the starting QB for Findlay.

Lima Senior ended up winning the game 62-38 and the Spartans ended up with 775 total yards of offense against the Trojans.

Here's the matchup of QB stats in the game last season:

Passing - Adrine Mitchell - Lima Sr - 17-24 - 329 yds - 4 TD's
- Tanner Rickle - Findlay - 6-13 - 133 yds - 1 TD

In addition to his 329 passing yds and 4 TD's Adrine Mitchell rushed for 174 yds and 2 TD's.

In the 2016 Lima Sr-Findlay game won by Lima Sr 28-21 in overtime, Adrine Mitchell was 15-20 for 141 yds and 1 TD and rushed for 41 yds and 1 TD on 18 carries. Tanner Rickle didn't see the field at QB,but may have played on defense ??

Obviously Rickle is a good QB and his one game against Lima Sr last year is not a reflection on his total career record. However, I wonder how many letters like the one from Cornell he has received from a Power 5 conference ? I noticed in the Cornell letter it states that Rickle is "one of the best players in the entire country that we have evaluated." Who else have they even evaluated ?

Maybe he could end up at Cornell in the end, and that wouldn't be a bad thing getting a scholarship to an Ivy League school . All I can say is he didn't look the number 1 QB in the nation against the Spartans when I saw him.

I wish him well this season in every game he plays ( except Lima Sr ) of course. The Spartans are going be young this year and this could be Rickle's chance to shine.

JB
Old 08-11-18, 03:00 PM
All Region

ICBM is on a distinguished road
How about if you can’t say something good about a person, say nothing at all. The kid didn’t post this stuff. Some wide eyed fan did. Notice it’s his first ever post. Probably in 9th grade. Quit knocking him. In fact, delete this stuff.
Old 08-11-18, 03:25 PM
All American

Johnstown Benny is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICBM View Post
How about if you can’t say something good about a person, say nothing at all. The kid didn’t post this stuff. Some wide eyed fan did. Quit knocking him.

I'm not knocking him. I said " obviously he is a good QB and his game against Lima Sr doesn't reflect his entire career record." I also "wished him well in every game he plays this season ( except against Lima Sr)."

If you believe he is the best HS Quarterback in the nation that's fine, that's your opinion. You're entitled to your opinion. I didn't say anything bad about him, I just posted some stats from the game I saw last year.

JB
Old 08-11-18, 03:37 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
I hope your son has a great season, Mr. Tanner.
Old 08-11-18, 04:30 PM
All Region

Johnstown Benny, i was referring to everyone on this thread, but you made your point through your comparisons before wishing him well. So just delete everything but the good wishes and you won’t have to defend your post.
Old 08-11-18, 05:46 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Johnstown Benny, i was referring to everyone on this thread, but you made your point through your comparisons before wishing him well. So just delete everything but the good wishes and you won’t have to defend your post.

First of all, it's probably some sort of joke. These Cornell recruiting letters are all over the internet. As for JB's post, what is there to defend? There's nothing negative or disrespectful in there. For that matter, there's not been a single shot at the kid in the entire thread, unless it's the kid that made the thread. It's objective, respectful. AND there's positive. It's informative. You're reading in something that I'm not seeing. Maybe it's YOU that should be defending your post?
Old 08-11-18, 06:28 PM
All Region

Riiiight! Our guy who’s a nobody throws for 340 and your guy who’s the best in the country throws for 140. No intent to embarrass anybody there. LOL.
Another slogan going around “ WHEN YOU HAVE THE CHOICE OF BEING RIGHT OR BEING KIND...BE KIND!”
Like I said. This kid isn’t bragging. He didn’t post it. We all have seen these letters. It’s all fake news. Let this thread die
Old 08-11-18, 06:31 PM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
I saw Rickle play last year. 6'1" 210lbs. ish. Lefty if I remember? Decent feet. Pretty good player with potential. As others have noted, he did not post this.
Old 08-11-18, 07:26 PM
All Region

Salesman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
I hope your son has a great season, Mr. Tanner.
I happen to be friends with Tanner's father. Trust me when I say there is no way that Dad posted this.
Old 08-11-18, 08:09 PM
All Region

scbuckeye99 is on a distinguished road
I'll say something nice about TR. He was SECOND team All-TRAC in 2017 BEHIND a kid from Ross in the same class (both are going into their senior year). Ipso facto the kid from Ross MUST be a monster of a QB if the coaches in the league thought he was better than the #1 QB in the nation.

See I said nice things about two kids :-)
Old 08-11-18, 09:22 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Riiiight! Our guy who’s a nobody throws for 340 and your guy who’s the best in the country throws for 140. No intent to embarrass anybody there.

I'm pretty sure you're the only one reading it that way. Let's take a vote.
Old 08-11-18, 09:40 PM
Junior Varsity

TheDude89 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Riiiight! Our guy who’s a nobody throws for 340 and your guy who’s the best in the country throws for 140. No intent to embarrass anybody there. LOL.
The title of the thread is "Findlay HS QB Tanner Rickle #1 in USA by College FB Today"... People are respectfully pointing out that while the kid has talent this is objectively false. What is your issue with this? If you want to be offended at something be offended at the Cornell staff for the obvious puffery in this recruiting form letter.
Old 08-11-18, 09:48 PM
All Region

Iroquois is on a distinguished road
Good luck to Tanner, but why in the world would someone post this...
Old 08-11-18, 11:33 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroquois View Post
Good luck to Tanner, but why in the world would someone post this...
I'm pretty much 100% sure that whoever runs "scout trout" posted this to drum up some more business. BTW did anyone else notice that some of the kids on the site have been invited to the Scout Trout All American game? Lol doesn't begin to explain it.
Old 08-12-18, 01:25 AM
All World

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
What's this kids star rating? 5 star recruit?? Would have to I would assume to be #1 nationally.
Old 08-12-18, 06:11 AM
Junior Varsity

Talk some sense is on a distinguished road
Maybe he could end up at Cornell in the end, and that wouldn't be a bad thing getting a scholarship to an Ivy League school .

Just to be accurate, Ivy Leagues schools do not offer athletic scholarships. But for a bright kid who can ball, might be a great college situation.
Old 08-12-18, 06:58 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk some sense View Post
Maybe he could end up at Cornell in the end, and that wouldn't be a bad thing getting a scholarship to an Ivy League school .

Just to be accurate, Ivy Leagues schools do not offer athletic scholarships. But for a bright kid who can ball, might be a great college situation.
I agree, but the Cornell head coach should demand a refund from the college. His overuse of that in the letter doesn’t speak well of his Ivy League education.
Old 08-12-18, 07:35 AM
Junior Varsity

AmustangE is on a distinguished road
This thread was started by the people from Scout Trout. Maddy Sperling is the president of that recruiting company, so I can only assume that username Sperling23 is him. My kid went to one camp and was suddenly bombarded with emails from Scout Trout. 8-10 emails per week. Complete insanity.

Based on the picture posted, I think it's safe to say that the folks at Scout Trout are claiming credit for Cornell's interest in the Findlay High School QB.
Old 08-12-18, 07:44 AM
Junior Varsity

AmustangE is on a distinguished road
This is the kind of crap they have on their website. This is just cruel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2018-08-12 at 8.38.28 AM.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	2421  
Old 08-12-18, 07:50 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmustangE View Post
This is the kind of crap they have on their website. This is just cruel.
Well at 5'6 he probably gets great leverage. Agree silly. Saw some of this stuff with my son. We got a few chuckles from it.
Old 08-12-18, 07:55 AM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
A couple things...

Yappi should consider banning Sperling23 and any other similar posts that follow like this. Unfair to the kid(s).

Just to be clear, yes, Ivy Athletic League schools do not offer scholarships per say but they do offer scholarships. Most athletes are going for free, but of course most graduate HS with 4.0's and score 30+ on their ACT's.

I also believe Cornell is ONLY a member of the Ivy Athletic League and not officially a member of the Ivy League (academically). Not that it really matters as their standards are similar but I saw a Brown graduate get really pissy once when someone referred to Cornell as being Ivy League. Geesh.
Old 08-12-18, 08:38 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
I also believe Cornell is ONLY a member of the Ivy Athletic League and not officially a member of the Ivy League (academically). Not that it really matters as their standards are similar but I saw a Brown graduate get really pissy once when someone referred to Cornell as being Ivy League. Geesh.

"Brown" ~snicker~ The Ivy no one's heard of. There's some different flavors. Princeton doesn't even have a med school, no one would consider it not "Ivy." Cornel is considered maybe a bit less snobby. It's also the youngster. It is an Ivy, I think your friend was playing rival games or upset that if random people were asked to name the Ivy's, Brown, creator of the make up your own curriculum, would be the one most likely left out. Well maybe Penn, because it gets confused with Penn St.

Next time you see a Brown grad, ask them how many Nobel's they have. Ask them how many Cornell has.

OT: Saw that Ray Frick passed. Probably about same era as your Pop?