Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-09-18, 03:13 PM
4sports 4sports is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-09-18
Posts: 9
4sports is on a distinguished road
Niles/Girard week 1

Anybody have a take on this matchup. How is Niles looking in scrimmages? Who is favored?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 08-09-18, 03:20 PM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 4,609
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Girard by 3-4 td’s
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-09-18, 03:30 PM
sportster4321 sportster4321 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-11-12
Posts: 3,146
sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
Waid should go crazy.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-09-18, 03:42 PM
4sports 4sports is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-09-18
Posts: 9
4sports is on a distinguished road
Niles young or Girard good?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-09-18, 03:45 PM
sportster4321 sportster4321 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-11-12
Posts: 3,146
sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
Niles traditionally struggles on defense. Girard has the best Quarterback in the area in waid along with a lot of other returning starters. Girard won this game 47-24 last season. I'd say look for about the same outcome.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-09-18, 03:49 PM
4sports 4sports is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-09-18
Posts: 9
4sports is on a distinguished road
Ok, thx for input. Give this new Niles coach a chance, he will build them back to winning. I know the family and grew up with them on Wilson Ave. Soooo.....many athletes who went on to play college ball.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-09-18, 06:24 PM
Jaws31 Jaws31 is online now
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-25-16
Posts: 570
Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Girard by a lot. Niles has Savin and that is about it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-09-18, 06:36 PM
4sports 4sports is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-09-18
Posts: 9
4sports is on a distinguished road
Lol, bring it Girard.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-09-18, 06:45 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,335
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Yeah Iím gonna say Girard 35-14


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-09-18, 08:21 PM
Struthersfan Struthersfan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-20-11
Location: San Jacinto, California
Posts: 3,081
Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
I'll say 49-12 Indians.
Girard should have a very good season this year again.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-09-18, 08:52 PM
Buckeye Elite Buckeye Elite is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-10-14
Location: Struthers ohio
Posts: 2,546
Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Girard, but I think it’ll be closer then many think but not too close I’d say 28-10 is a good week 1 score
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-10-18, 09:21 PM
coldshoulder coldshoulder is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-12-11
Posts: 334
coldshoulder is on a distinguished road
I'm not quite as plugged in as I used to be, but know enough about Girard's prospects this year to realistically expect a playoff spot once again. The Indians will find out quickly how good they can be with a three-game opening schedule at Niles, at Hubbard, and home to Warren JFK, all quality programs.

Four-year starter and senior Mark Waid returns at QB, and he should be among the best once again in the Mahoning Valley and Northeast Ohio. He will miss his favorite receiver Mike Belcik, who graduated, but returnees Aiden Warga, Terrance Davis, Nick Malito, and Mike Johnson will step right up.

RB's Jimmy Jones and Morgan Clardy aren't very big, but bring speed and shiftiness, along with receiving ability. Senior Jamil Bannister may also get some carries, and is a defensive stalwart at LB. I've also heard some good things about a transfer from Howland (?) who's making some noise both at LB and as a receiver.

Another four-year starter, Jack DelGarbino, returns for his senior season to anchor the lines on both sides of the ball, with fellow starters Haeden Gump and Anthony Pratt also returning.

Soccer player Bailey McDermott returns to handle the kicking duties.

That's quite a bit of talent (Waid, DelGarbino, Bannister, and Gump all made some sort of All-State recognition last year) that Girard's veteran coaching staff should be able to guide to another successful season.

Not knowing anything about Niles except that their RB Savin was impressive against the Indians last year, I'd expect the Indians to prevail, say 31-17.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-11-18, 07:29 PM
EagleGuy EagleGuy is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-26-16
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 2,644
EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldshoulder View Post
I'm not quite as plugged in as I used to be, but know enough about Girard's prospects this year to realistically expect a playoff spot once again. The Indians will find out quickly how good they can be with a three-game opening schedule at Niles, at Hubbard, and home to Warren JFK, all quality programs.

Four-year starter and senior Mark Waid returns at QB, and he should be among the best once again in the Mahoning Valley and Northeast Ohio. He will miss his favorite receiver Mike Belcik, who graduated, but returnees Aiden Warga, Terrance Davis, Nick Malito, and Mike Johnson will step right up.

RB's Jimmy Jones and Morgan Clardy aren't very big, but bring speed and shiftiness, along with receiving ability. Senior Jamil Bannister may also get some carries, and is a defensive stalwart at LB. I've also heard some good things about a transfer from Howland (?) who's making some noise both at LB and as a receiver.

Another four-year starter, Jack DelGarbino, returns for his senior season to anchor the lines on both sides of the ball, with fellow starters Haeden Gump and Anthony Pratt also returning.

Soccer player Bailey McDermott returns to handle the kicking duties.

That's quite a bit of talent (Waid, DelGarbino, Bannister, and Gump all made some sort of All-State recognition last year) that Girard's veteran coaching staff should be able to guide to another successful season.

Not knowing anything about Niles except that their RB Savin was impressive against the Indians last year, I'd expect the Indians to prevail, say 31-17.
^3 Marco Donetelli Jr/Sr? Nice synopsis. Hope the Indians make the playoffs again, Cold. I'm ready for both high school and college football!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-11-18, 07:37 PM
TheBlueMan TheBlueMan is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 01-04-17
Posts: 83
TheBlueMan is on a distinguished road
Girard by a lot, or Niles by a little
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-11-18, 07:44 PM
ICBM ICBM is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-16-14
Posts: 841
ICBM is on a distinguished road
^^^^
That’s decisive! LOL
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-12-18, 12:24 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,335
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
100% chance of a fight


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-12-18, 01:19 PM
Buckeye Elite Buckeye Elite is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-10-14
Location: Struthers ohio
Posts: 2,546
Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Didn’t that happen on tv a few years ago?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-12-18, 08:13 PM
Jaws31 Jaws31 is online now
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-25-16
Posts: 570
Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
100% chance of a fight


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are 100% correct about your 100% prediction. Girard talks more than any team in the area. Not sure how they were in the scrimmage against the Wildcats but they were doing it against St Vs....didn't work. They did it last season too. Not sure why but they try really, really hard to intimidate after just about every play. Probably works on teams like Newton Falls.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-12-18, 08:35 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,335
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Yeah one of their receivers got lit up and got up and threw a punch. All class


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-15-18, 08:05 AM
gameplayer gameplayer is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-26-17
Posts: 18
gameplayer is on a distinguished road
girard in a continuous clock niles may not score. labrae qb smoked em in scrimmage last week another 1 maybe 2 win season for niles
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-15-18, 08:09 AM
gameplayer gameplayer is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-26-17
Posts: 18
gameplayer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sports View Post
Anybody have a take on this matchup. How is Niles looking in scrimmages? Who is favored?
niles line is weak and defense may be worse then last year
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-15-18, 11:14 AM
Paladin1aa Paladin1aa is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-16-06
Location: Mahoning Valley
Posts: 1,152
Paladin1aa is on a distinguished road
A Niles coach told me they are not very good this year and are working for next year. Girard in a runaway game.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-16-18, 07:14 AM
therock02 therock02 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-11-15
Posts: 69
therock02 is on a distinguished road
One the vindy is trash and two, you will find out how good they are when they play Hubbard. If they can beat a top 4 team in div 4 region 13 then they have something if not then they are just a team who will score a bunch of points against schools 100 boys smaller than them.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-16-18, 10:08 AM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,335
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
If Girard is even in that game Iíll be shocked. Seeing them this pre season I was not impressed. They will roll their schedule except for maybe 1-2 games.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-21-18, 02:34 PM
ICBM ICBM is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-16-14
Posts: 841
ICBM is on a distinguished road
I’m thinkin Girard by a couple scores. Scrimmages don’t tell the whole story. When they blow the whistle as soon as anyone gets within 3 yards of Waid, it’s not reality. And everyone is so vanilla so as to not show their hand. But other than a few players, this is Girard 2.0. First three games set the tone and we’ll see if a playoff run is possible. No room for errors.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-21-18, 02:53 PM
SOARING-EAGLE SOARING-EAGLE is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-03-10
Location: Hubbard Eagles
Posts: 1,187
SOARING-EAGLE is on a distinguished road
My buddies are from Girard and I went to a couple of there games last year and was not all that impressed!!Sure they looked good against scrub teams!! They had a passing game but the running game sucked. I told my buddies they will roll thru the schedule in the blue tier, but once they get in the playoffs without a running game they wont be able to compete!!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-21-18, 03:00 PM
4sports 4sports is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-09-18
Posts: 9
4sports is on a distinguished road
Dont count the Dragons out of this yet. Strap them up and play the game. I will be there, should be a hugh crowd.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-21-18, 03:15 PM
Buckeye Elite Buckeye Elite is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-10-14
Location: Struthers ohio
Posts: 2,546
Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
I’ve counted them out 3 months ago
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-21-18, 03:33 PM
ICBM ICBM is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-16-14
Posts: 841
ICBM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOARING-EAGLE View Post
My buddies are from Girard and I went to a couple of there games last year and was not all that impressed!!Sure they looked good against scrub teams!! They had a passing game but the running game sucked. I told my buddies they will roll thru the schedule in the blue tier, but once they get in the playoffs without a running game they wont be able to compete!!
Have you ever heard of Kenton. They donít have a running game either. But they have a bunch of state championships. I donít think Girard is at that level but we shall see how it goes. Girard was still young last year. 12 starters since they were freshman coming back. Iím hopeful but all is decided on the field. One week at a time.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-21-18, 04:26 PM
Buckeye Elite Buckeye Elite is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-10-14
Location: Struthers ohio
Posts: 2,546
Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Didn’t Girard lose a lot of skill players from last season tho?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
04/18 - SECLMW area College players of the week as of 04/18 - Unofficial seclmw Baseball 0 04-18-18 02:44 PM
College Players of The Week - Michigan / Ohio area (04/03) - seclmw Baseball 2 04-03-18 07:21 PM
2017 Massillon Tiger Football DB135 Massillon Tigers 34 12-26-17 03:06 PM
Tallmadge 2017 Football Schedules Yappi Tallmadge Blue Devils 24 11-10-17 10:50 PM
Region 11 Extreme Analysis teach1coach2 Football 36 10-27-17 07:43 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz