Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
Elks 19 50.00%
Knights 19 50.00%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-18, 08:25 AM
All Region

ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
CENTERVILLE vs. ALTER - SEPT. 7th

I am hearing that this game may now be on. If that is true, I would expect over 10,000 fans at this game again. It has been 8 years since they have played and the atmosphere was electric. I think Alter may be the favorite coming into this game. Go Elks!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-18, 08:44 AM
All American

marvinlewis08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
I am hearing that this game may now be on. If that is true, I would expect over 10,000 fans at this game again. It has been 8 years since they have played and the atmosphere was electric. I think Alter may be the favorite coming into this game. Go Elks!
In a typical season you'd have to go with Centerville as the favorite but this could be one of Alter's better teams in some time. If Biven's is healthy this could definitely be an Alter W.

Centerville has the size and ability to compete and win this game, so an Elks W wouldn't be considered an upset in my book.
Old 07-05-18, 08:54 AM
All American

King Arthur is an unknown quantity at this point
Point spread: Elks -3.5
Old 07-05-18, 10:53 AM
All Ohio

playboi12 is on a distinguished road
Looks like we've got ourselves a game, boys!
Old 07-05-18, 11:20 AM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Who do the Elks bring? Heard Harrison will probably start as the frosh QB?
Old 07-05-18, 11:51 AM
All Ohio

fbrox is on a distinguished road
Terrible decision by Centerville admin. Very little to gain from playing this game other than a big gate. If Elks win, they were supposed to as they are a much bigger school. If they lose, they have to deal with losing to a much smaller school who will use it as a recruiting leverage. Even a 8-9 win alter team will not provide enormous computer points.. Alter however is playing with house money. Bad deal Elks!!
Old 07-05-18, 12:02 PM
All American

unbiased1 is an unknown quantity at this point
This is what I put on the Centerville thread.....

If it’s official, I would say Alter by 10-14. That could also change if the Elks lose any starters in weeks 1 or 2, as they will be very thin this year.

My 2 cents......Elks already have 6 teams that will potentially play in week 11. West with a new coach and Springboro would be the 2 maybes at this point, with Wayne, Fairfield, Springfield, and Fairmont.

So add Alter and that would be 7.

The Elks have 1 kid going to Akron .....no other upper class men with an offer. Zero. and 1 Freshmant to be with some nice offers....with zero varsity attempts.

The elks will play against 25-30 division 1 kids this year. Alter will play against 5-7 based on their schedule.

Not sure how many will be on the rosters, but my guess is it will be between 79-80 for both teams.

I think they should play, but only if Alter is willing to play 2 or 4 times. The 1 year game was not fair to them last time, and they could play 2 in a row now and 2 in a row diwn the road.
Old 07-05-18, 12:42 PM
All Region

AHM is on a distinguished road
Blevins will not be healthy. People in the know doubt whether he plays at all this season.

After the QB, I dont see much with Alter. I think Alter is thinner than Centerville. I understand that the Elks think they will be down, but I think the Alter Hype Train is a little overblown.
Old 07-05-18, 12:50 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
A 8-9 win Alter team gives you plenty of Harbin points.
Old 07-05-18, 12:51 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrox View Post
Terrible decision by Centerville admin. Very little to gain from playing this game other than a big gate. If Elks win, they were supposed to as they are a much bigger school. If they lose, they have to deal with losing to a much smaller school who will use it as a recruiting leverage. Even a 8-9 win alter team will not provide enormous computer points.. Alter however is playing with house money. Bad deal Elks!!
I agree but don't think either school had many options with a week 3 opening that is only 60 days away. Both schools have troubling scheduling out of conference opponents anyway.

Bivens will be the X factor. If he plays, I think Alter wins. If he doesn't play, I will give the Elks a 50/50 chance.

Last edited by ELK Strong; 07-06-18 at 08:10 AM.
Old 07-05-18, 01:19 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrox View Post
How is this different from from Trotwood beating up on Pickerington? Its a game that people want to see and it really wont hurt either school. If they have the horses, bring it on.
Old 07-05-18, 01:47 PM
All American

unbiased1 is an unknown quantity at this point
As an Elks fan, I agree with Irwin20 & playboi.....you will get a good amount of points if you win. I would also rather see a loss to Alter (painful yes), then beat up a Canadian team.

Fact is the Elks lost so many weapons and defensive players, it’s just a daunting task so early in the season. The first 2 weeks for Centerville will be very important for the QB position, regardless of who it is.

For Alter, they might be in a different place mentally if Fairmont pushes them around or scores at will.
Old 07-05-18, 01:48 PM
All District

CMorris_99 is on a distinguished road
Quit acting like Centerville is some powerhouse D1 football program. This is absolutely a good game for both teams. You have an all-star D3 team vs a struggling D1 team. Sounds pretty equal. Get it on the schedule and have a good payday for both schools. It does both teams good, great community event and huge gate.
Old 07-06-18, 07:25 AM
All Ohio

kmac57 is on a distinguished road
Elks size will be a factor in this game. Alter has good senior class but not much size. Alter/Fairmont is a whole different game. I expect a war. Alter will have their hands full, it could be second straight year with loss to the Firebirds.

Heard Bivens is working his butt off rehabbing a serious injury. Not sure if he will be ready. Playing Centerville is a good thing maybe once every 5 years. I see this game as toss up with health of players being a key deciding factor. Should be fun to watch. Get there early.....
Old 07-06-18, 08:01 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
You all know as well as I do that playing Alter isn't like playing just any school their size. Centerville does have numbers but Alter is a machine and they have elite athletes that CHOOSE to attend there.
As for harbins, playing a Canadian school or some pansies from a weak D1 won't give you points.
This is a win-win for Alter and a great gate for Centerville, plus some nice harbins.
Quote:
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-18, 08:26 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbiased1 View Post
As an Elks fan, I agree with Irwin20 & playboi.....you will get a good amount of points if you win. I would also rather see a loss to Alter (painful yes), then beat up a Canadian team.

Fact is the Elks lost so many weapons and defensive players, itís just a daunting task so early in the season. The first 2 weeks for Centerville will be very important for the QB position, regardless of who it is.

For Alter, they might be in a different place mentally if Fairmont pushes them around or scores at will.
Good points. An Elks win vs. Alter could push them into playoffs with big playoff points because Alter will go 8-2 at the worst. If Bivens is not back, Fairmont beats Alter again this year. I also think the Elks Frosh QB wins the job.
Old 07-06-18, 12:45 PM
All American

The game most likely won't happen. Hearing Centerville is looking for another opponent somewhere in the Canton area.
Old 07-06-18, 12:47 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
The game most likely won't happen. Hearing Centerville is looking for another opponent somewhere in the Canton area.
Why? Cincinnati and Columbus are full of schools that can compete with Centerville. Just curious.

Old 07-06-18, 01:02 PM
All American

Just what I heard from someone that knows someone with knowledge of the situation at Centerville.

But, how many Cincinnati or Columbus schools have an opening in Week 3? Here is one, at least as of June 24 with an opening.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 2.01.40 PM.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	2380  
Old 07-06-18, 01:17 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Just what I heard from someone that knows someone with knowledge of the situation at Centerville.

But, how many Cincinnati or Columbus schools have an opening in Week 3? Here is one, at least as of June 24 with an opening.
Ok, understand.

Old 07-06-18, 01:56 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by playboi12 View Post
Looks like we've got ourselves a game, boys!
Uh, if Centerville plays this game, their admin is way more stupid than I thought.If the knights want to play, sign a 4 year deal to play every season, don't let the private school decide what year they want to play because they will only play when their team is loaded.
Old 07-06-18, 01:59 PM
All American

Whinny arse, aren't you. Don't post when you are PMS'ing.
Old 07-06-18, 02:16 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Whinny arse, aren't you. Don't post when you are PMS'ing.
Uh sorry your royal hiney, post stands, if Centerville plays this game they are way beyond stupid. Uh referring to bodily functions, is probably not a very good idea.
Old 07-06-18, 02:24 PM
All Ohio

Quote:

If you're talking about Mckinley, week three is filled with a team from DC.
Old 07-08-18, 02:26 PM
All Region

Quote:

Do you have any idea on other schools they might be looking at?
Old 07-08-18, 04:34 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
The only schools OSHAA has listed as having open dates for week 3 are all division V schools.

Hoser, it's either play Alter and hopefully get a win along with the 5 or so total playoff points they bring. Or spend the weekend watching future opponents play.

The game actually has more potential to help Centerville way more than it'd help Alter in terms of the playoffs. Of course Elks fans are once again more worried about their ego than they are about what happens on the field.
Old 07-08-18, 05:31 PM
All American

Quote:
Do you have any idea on other schools they might be looking at?
I had heard it was McKinley but it appears they filled it just recently with a DC team (I think).

So it seems Alter and Centerville are looking at a bye week or the game of the year (at least for Alter).
Old 07-08-18, 06:58 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Why would Centerville not want this game?
Old 07-08-18, 07:44 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Why would Centerville not want this game?
Because a large amount of their fanbase believes they're too good to play a smaller division team even though year in and year out they're one of the better teams in the state. They bring more harbin points than most DI schools in the area but they're scared to death to lose. A lot of fans are under the assumption they're an elite program in the state when they aren't even that in the Dayton area.
Old 07-08-18, 08:37 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
Because a large amount of their fanbase believes they're too good to play a smaller division team even though year in and year out they're one of the better teams in the state. They bring more harbin points than most DI schools in the area but they're scared to death to lose. A lot of fans are under the assumption they're an elite program in the state when they aren't even that in the Dayton area.
I agree with most of your comments. I do still believe that Centerville is an elite program who has beaten Wayne and won the GWOC in 2 of the last 4 years including finishing top 10 in the state rankings. Wayne is the only D1 team in the area with more success in the playoffs. A loss to Alter would significantly bruise our ego, but a win could lift us to the playoffs. Even though I have not heard anything official, I am guessing they still play.