Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-12-18, 12:11 AM
All Region

hoban2020 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby77 View Post
After seeing the entire team this week I think Hoban will be very good and will be the most talented across the board of the past three teams. The O-line will average over 285. These kids that have been playing young the past couple of years are grown up and look kind of scary. I look forward to this year. The guy mimicking Cougar is a tool.

Bobby, I kind of disagree with you in that I think Hoban has had a nice mix of kids in all grades in each of the last 3 years, having done a nice job of recruiting/developing depth in the program to make it sustainable.

It is a recipe for continued success in that one group of kids isnít dominating the play in any year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-12-18, 05:43 AM
All Region

Bobby77 is on a distinguished road
2020 I agree with you that Hoban has done a great job of utilizing the talent from each grade to field complete teams. Hoban has won a lot of games playing a number of underclassmen and this will continue. With each class being more talented I am just saying the depth of athletes is the best of the last 4 years and will only get better. There will be 11-12 starting spots filled by seniors this year and those kids just look like men. The seniors are the first class to spend their all four years with coach Winkler and it shows. The scariest thing is the younger kids don’t look like younger kids. Of the past three teams the most recent teams have been the strongest and deepest and the trend line looks like it has not flattened out yet.
Old 07-12-18, 07:12 AM
All Region

Redwing is on a distinguished road
11-12 senior starters might be a bit generous, it may end up being only 9. They have some elite talent in this senior class, but it's not a deep class. They've already lost one senior to injury who would've started at offensive guard. The sophomore class is really talented and deep, we'll just have to see who is ready to play varsity, especially vs some great competition the first 3 weeks. They may end up starting a freshman at C, and one of the starting CB's hasn't played football since maybe 5th of 6th grade.
Old 07-12-18, 07:52 AM
All Region

Senior starters beginning camp will be

Offense:
Dickerson
Easterling
Tipton
Petit
Baxter
Rumler
Robinson

Defense:
Michaliewiecz (mutilated spelling)
Petit
Salopek
Sahiir
Jackson
Griffiths (will be competing)
Easterling could play defense too

Easily 10-11 spots occupied by seniors for the most part. Losing The OG sucks and would have been one more.

2-3 of the mentioned above will be in position battles but will have to get beat out. There will be ten positions set in stone by seniors barring injury.
Old 07-12-18, 08:15 AM
All Ohio

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Senior starters beginning camp will be

Offense:
Dickerson
Easterling
Tipton
Petit
Baxter
Rumler
Robinson

Defense:
Michaliewiecz (mutilated spelling)
Petit
Salopek
Sahiir
Jackson
Griffiths (will be competing)
Easterling could play defense too

Easily 10-11 spots occupied by seniors for the most part. Losing The OG sucks and would have been one more.

2-3 of the mentioned above will be in position battles but will have to get beat out. There will be ten positions set in stone by seniors barring injury.
More impressive only 1-2 will be playing both ways. One other senior Blanchard will also start or play significantly on both sides. Couple the above with 2 JRís Clark and Traynum who both hold major D1 offers and a loaded sophomore class and I think the Knights will be fine. Oh, and returning Sophamore QB who threw for 4 TDís in title game win. Senior kicker returns too.
Old 07-12-18, 10:43 AM
All Region

I hope all those kids play well enough and stay healthy enough to start their senior years, but I think 10 is likely the numbert. I had forgotten about Blanchard, he's a strong, tough kid who can be physical on both side of the ball. Two of those you listed are dealing with injuries/rehab, and I doubt will be ready to contribute the first few weeks. The PK/P is also a senior, so we can add him o the count.
Old 07-12-18, 12:03 PM
Junior Varsity

BeachBison is on a distinguished road
Whatís the O line looking like other than Rumler? I thought thatíd be the weak spot for them coming into Ď18. Is there a QB competition or does Mick not stand a chance?
Old 07-12-18, 01:05 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBison View Post
Whatís the O line looking like other than Rumler? I thought thatíd be the weak spot for them coming into Ď18. Is there a QB competition or does Mick not stand a chance?
Line maybe better than last year. Increased strength at a couple of spots and an incoming freshman that may start (mini Rumler). While Mick is an outstanding athlete and would be starting at QB at most schools, he is fighting an uphill battle and will probably end up at back up QB and maybe start on the defensive side or a slot. Great kid but how do you replace returning QB who threw for 4 TDís in title game and set school records? Also threw for almost 70% completion rate.

Watch for sophís Stallworth, Ollison, Peterson and others to start and make an immediate impact.
Old 07-12-18, 01:07 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
2020 I agree with you that Hoban has done a great job of utilizing the talent from each grade to field complete teams.
I'd say that's also a positive from the perspective of putting the best kids on the field, as opposed to the politics we hear about being played at some schools.
Old 07-12-18, 01:59 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBison View Post
What’s the O line looking like other than Rumler? I thought that’d be the weak spot for them coming into ‘18. Is there a QB competition or does Mick not stand a chance?
Returning 3 of the 5 starters. Cade Thomas and RJ Kelly were both three year starters so they are pretty big shoes to fill. Last year’s sixth man who would have been a fair replacement for Thomas sustained a knee injury during LAX season and will not play. There are a couple of penciled in kids right now with a couple right on their tails so they should be pretty strong. The three returners are all seniors and are definitely stronger than last year.
Old 07-20-18, 04:41 PM
Cooling Off

Cougarfan222 is on a distinguished road
Looking forward to camp starting up soon. The kids have been working hard in the weight room and I think you'll see the results on the field. This might be the best team Hoban has had yet, top to bottom. Incredible depth.
Old 07-20-18, 05:41 PM
Junior Varsity

Copley King is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan222 View Post
Looking forward to camp starting up soon. The kids have been working hard in the weight room and I think you'll see the results on the field. This might be the best team Hoban has had yet, top to bottom. Incredible depth.
Yes sir, I'd definitely have to agree with you.... solid upperclassmen with some very good young studs from last years freshmen classmen.... A few of the sophomores are looking outstanding...
Old 07-20-18, 06:47 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Maybe true but you wouldn’t know. Fake news. Made up name to troll my posts. We know who this is.
Old 07-21-18, 08:30 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
Maybe true but you wouldnít know. Fake news. Made up name to troll my posts. We know who this is.
What have I said that is a troll? I'm a Hoban supporter.
Old 07-21-18, 12:15 PM
All District

Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
Maybe true but you wouldnít know. Fake news. Made up name to troll my posts. We know who this is.
Copying is the ultimate form of flattery......he must be a fan of yours. Jokes on him..
Old 07-21-18, 12:30 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan 1 View Post
Copying is the ultimate form of flattery......he must be a fan of yours. Jokes on him..
What is with all of this abuse? I come on to a Hoban thread as a Hoban supporter, and all I get is grief.
Old 07-21-18, 04:08 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
What is with all of this abuse? I come on to a Hoban thread as a Hoban supporter, and all I get is grief.
Because U are fake.
Old 07-21-18, 08:24 PM
All Region

Quote:
Seems a little odd that you werenít able to find a more original name donít you think?
Old 07-22-18, 09:02 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Seems a little odd that you werenít able to find a more original name donít you think?
Entirely coincidental I'm sure. He's a Hoban fan you know, not a troll...
Old 07-22-18, 12:47 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Entirely coincidental I'm sure. He's a Hoban fan you know, not a troll...
Do any one on here actually talk about Hoban football????
Old 07-22-18, 02:11 PM
All Region

We all had dreams of having rational conversation about football on a Hoban thread once.
Old 07-22-18, 04:34 PM
All District

With the talk of how good of an athlete and quarterback Mick is.....will he be the JV quarterback? Sounds like he will start on defense and Iím curious if they will want risk him getting hurt in a JV game given he will be a starter on varsity.
Old 07-22-18, 04:59 PM
All Region

Quote:
With the talk of how good of an athlete and quarterback Mick is.....will he be the JV quarterback? Sounds like he will start on defense and Iím curious if they will want risk him getting hurt in a JV game given he will be a starter on varsity.
Extremely unlikely, and if he's playing regularly on Friday nights, there's no chance. There'll be a freshman playing JV QB.
Old 07-22-18, 05:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
Extremely unlikely, and if he's playing regularly on Friday nights, there's no chance. There'll be a freshman playing JV QB.
That would seem to make the most sense with a sophomore as the starting varsity QB.
Old 07-22-18, 11:18 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Where's Mick going to start on defense??? I know he's a ball player, but really.... Why risk injury on defense???
Old 07-23-18, 06:32 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copley King View Post
Where's Mick going to start on defense??? I know he's a ball player, but really.... Why risk injury on defense???
Talk on the board indicated he would probably play in the secondary.
Old 07-23-18, 11:29 AM
Varsity

ArmChairCoach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Risk injury because he best players play in order to win a state title. No reason to not play him just because he could be back up. If Hamm gets hurt Iím sure he wouldnít be playing defense and just go on the offense. Plus donít forget that Salopek was a decent QB back in the day and could probably play there in a pinch.
Old 07-23-18, 11:40 AM
All Region

Quote:
I'd be surprised if he started in the secondary. He may play in certain packages, or if there's an injury. Word is camp will start with Trayanum moving to SS, and Salopek playing a lot of LB/Rover. We'll see if that sticks.
Old 07-23-18, 12:35 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
I'd be surprised if he started in the secondary. He may play in certain packages, or if there's an injury. Word is camp will start with Trayanum moving to SS, and Salopek playing a lot of LB/Rover. We'll see if that sticks.
In the end, each player top to bottom will need to earn their job during camp, and Coach T will make sure the best players will be playing.
Old 07-24-18, 01:24 AM
All American

StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
Hoban wins State Title 4 no one in D2 Is close. Only two questions remain will the Knights GO undefeated and how do you keep 60 plus incoming freshman (2022) happy with playing time entering the 2019 season.