Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-16-18, 03:58 PM
All World

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
They just might get that week #1 victory over the team from Indiana. With the situation at Dunbar maybe get victory #2 but that's a big if. Dunbar's #1 asset is speed and the team from the West side has zero speed.
Old 06-19-18, 09:37 AM
All World

Hey Vike 16, in the most non biased manner possible how good will your Vikings be?
Old 06-19-18, 10:08 AM
This is the year

gocards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Rick View Post
They just might get that week #1 victory over the team from Indiana. With the situation at Dunbar maybe get victory #2 but that's a big if. Dunbar's #1 asset is speed and the team from the West side has zero speed.

The team from Indiana was last years state champion. I don't see that as a likely win unless their whole team graduated.
Old 06-19-18, 11:38 AM
All World

Thanks go cards....0-10 is possible in Bridgetown.
Old 06-19-18, 11:42 AM
All World

#1-Cards
#2-Indians
#3-Comets
#4-Aves
#5-Hawks
#6-Vikings
#7-Firebirds
#8-Big Blue
#9-Middies
#10-Highlanders
Old 06-19-18, 12:00 PM
All Ohio

Vike16 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hey Vike 16, in the most non biased manner possible how good will your Vikings be?

Looking at their roster and what they have coming back. Vikenation should expect 6-4 or 5-5 with being so young. But I do think they have the talent to get to 7 or maybe 8 wins if they open up the offense. But I do strongly think they compete for the GMC title in 2019-2020.

My way too early picks for the Vikes

Milford- Close W / @Withrow- W /@Colerain- Big L / Lakota East- Close W / Middletown- Big W / @Fairfield- L / Oak Hills- Big W / @Lakota West- Close L / @Mason- Close L / Hamilton- W
Old 06-19-18, 02:06 PM
All American

yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thanks go cards....0-10 is possible in Bridgetown.
Are the middle school teams as non-competitive as the high school?
Old 06-19-18, 04:09 PM
All American

oxat622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vike16 View Post
Looking at their roster and what they have coming back. Vikenation should expect 6-4 or 5-5 with being so young. But I do think they have the talent to get to 7 or maybe 8 wins if they open up the offense. But I do strongly think they compete for the GMC title in 2019-2020.

My way too early picks for the Vikes

Milford- Close W / @Withrow- W /@Colerain- Big L / Lakota East- Close W / Middletown- Big W / @Fairfield- L / Oak Hills- Big W / @Lakota West- Close L / @Mason- Close L / Hamilton- W
They need to diversify their offense. If they do, 7+ wins is possible. Running 30 sweep runs a game isn't going to get it done.
Old 06-19-18, 06:19 PM
All District

Vinegar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yj_runfan View Post
Are the middle school teams as non-competitive as the high school?
They do fine....but they can't stop the Elder / LaSalle raid each year. The best middle school players rarely make it to Ebenezer Rd.
Old 06-19-18, 11:31 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
I think Princeton has a lot of young talent at many positions but do they have anyone to play QB? I don't believe they have the depth to hand the ball off every play and be successful over the entire game. Have they named a new OC?
Old 06-20-18, 06:31 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
I think Princeton has a lot of young talent at many positions but do they have anyone to play QB? I don't believe they have the depth to hand the ball off every play and be successful over the entire game. Have they named a new OC?
They do have a QB in Hosea Hairston who got hurt in game 5 last year. Not a great arm but good game manager

31-62 50% 419 yards 3 TD's 2 INT's
Old 06-20-18, 08:09 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxat622 View Post
They need to diversify their offense. If they do, 7+ wins is possible. Running 30 sweep runs a game isn't going to get it done.

100% agree
Old 06-20-18, 03:55 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocards View Post
The team from Indiana was last years state champion. I don't see that as a likely win unless their whole team graduated.
Uh the team from Indiana lost to Harrison last year, and Harrison didn't even win the SWOC.
Old 06-21-18, 07:54 AM
This is the year

gocards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh the team from Indiana lost to Harrison last year, and Harrison didn't even win the SWOC.

I doubt that Oak Hills would have beaten Harrison either.
Old 06-22-18, 10:49 AM
All World

OH vs Harrison is a good match up.
Old 06-22-18, 10:49 AM
All World

Any Big Blue followers out there have thoughts on your season?
Old 06-22-18, 10:50 AM
All World

How about the followers of the Lakota's? Any predictions?
Old 06-22-18, 12:13 PM
All Ohio

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
OH vs Harrison is a good match up.
Agreed, should be a yearly matchup. 2 Westside schools that would actually match up well with one another most years.
Old 06-27-18, 09:02 AM
All American

marvinlewis08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Any Big Blue followers out there have thoughts on your season?
This could be a make or break year for Coach Murphys Big Blue. I know the natives in Hamilton are restless and expecting more W's. The Blue have a number of younger talented classes that should start to improve the product on the field. I can see them getting 5 to 6 wins this season.
Old 06-27-18, 09:54 AM
All Region

BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinlewis08 View Post
This could be a make or break year for Coach Murphys Big Blue. I know the natives in Hamilton are restless and expecting more W's. The Blue have a number of younger talented classes that should start to improve the product on the field. I can see them getting 5 to 6 wins this season.
West Clermont L
Anderson L
Fairfield L
Oak Hills W
Mason L
Colerain L
Middletown W
Sycamore L
East W/L
Princeton W/L

I see at least 6 L's on this schedule. He better hope he get at least 6 W's, because that's the magic number the AD gave him to keep his job!
Old 06-27-18, 12:34 PM
Varsity

ohiofootballphan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaBa au Rum View Post
West Clermont L
Anderson L
Fairfield L
Oak Hills W
Mason L
Colerain L
Middletown W
Sycamore L
East W/L
Princeton W/L

I see at least 6 L's on this schedule. He better hope he get at least 6 W's, because that's the magic number the AD gave him to keep his job!
Is that factual? They lost a lot of production on Offense and have a smaller senior class. I know they have some talent coming up in the younger classes, so I could't imagine they gave him a hard number for this season. Especially since he has put a number of kids in college for the last few years.
Old 06-27-18, 01:42 PM
All Region

BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiofootballphan View Post
Is that factual? They lost a lot of production on Offense and have a smaller senior class. I know they have some talent coming up in the younger classes, so I could't imagine they gave him a hard number for this season. Especially since he has put a number of kids in college for the last few years.
Thats a fact! This like his 6th year and 5-5 his best season. I think he only got this season because he friends with the principal. They losing too many kids to Lakotas, Fairfield an Winton Woods. Kids be fallin off because they grades too.
Old 07-02-18, 03:14 PM
All World

JBaller is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Any Aves fans out there to let us know what your prospects are?
Honestly, no idea. The Aves return their starting QB Drew Altemuehle as well as their top 2 running backs Doneghy and McConnell for a total 1,501 rushing yards returning. Doneghy is really good. Altemuehle is also the leading returning passer in the league after throwing 1,504 yards with only 1 INT! Unfortunately, the Aves lost their entire receiving corps and 4 out of 5 OL. I'm not sure they have the bodies up front to open the same holes that they've had the last two years. Altemuehle will be able to chuck it around pretty well, but who will catch it?

On defense, the Aves lose 9 starters from last year and only have 4 total returning players with any significant varsity playing time from what was one of the best defenses in school history. There is no way they play at a similar level this year.

Looking at the schedule, Sycamore will win both of their non-conference games against Loveland and Mt Healthy and should also be able to beat Oak Hills and Middletown. Lakota West technically has more talent than Sycamore and also no longer has Cox as their coach, so that game is a toss-up at this point. They've played some tough games against Mason over the last few years, who also lost a ton. Hamilton and Lakota East have not put up much of a challenge in recent years but should both be improved and may both actually have more talent than Sycamore. Fairfield and Colerain should run the Aves off the field.

4 wins is the floor, but I could see the Aves going anywhere from 4-6 to 8-2. Given Datillo's track record, it's hard to rule out another winning season.
Old 07-02-18, 11:46 PM
All Ohio

W@rrior 11 is on a distinguished road
When will Colerain get over the hump and win another State Title?

I think we all want to see Colerain win another state title but what is stopping the Cards on getting over the hump to another state championship? The Talent is clearly there and is not dropping off. Colerain is a powerhouse and I am pretty sure that everyone in Ohio know about Colerain Football. The conference title streak is impressive and their ability to be consistent throughout the years are incredible. Colerain resume is Awesome but when speaking State titles I want them to rack some of those championships up. Any thoughts?

Since 2000 the Cards are 203-28.
10-17 seasons since 2000 the Cards finished 10-0.
All 17 seasons winning the GMC Conference with only the one loss to Middletown in 2008.
Colerain is 31-21 vs. GCL South which is the strongest conference in Ohio.
They have 3 Region titles if I am not mistaken.
Only 1 State Title back in 2004 with probably the nations best team back then.
Old 07-03-18, 07:01 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by W@rrior 11 View Post
I think we all want to see Colerain win another state title but what is stopping the Cards on getting over the hump to another state championship? The Talent is clearly there and is not dropping off. Colerain is a powerhouse and I am pretty sure that everyone in Ohio know about Colerain Football. The conference title streak is impressive and their ability to be consistent throughout the years are incredible. Colerain resume is Awesome but when speaking State titles I want them to rack some of those championships up. Any thoughts?

Since 2000 the Cards are 203-28.
10-17 seasons since 2000 the Cards finished 10-0.
All 17 seasons winning the GMC Conference with only the one loss to Middletown in 2008.
Colerain is 31-21 vs. GCL South which is the strongest conference in Ohio.
They have 3 Region titles if I am not mistaken.
Only 1 State Title back in 2004 with probably the nations best team back then.
I would suggest that history is responsible for the Cards winning "only" one title. The simple fact is that for public schools multiple AAA/D1 state titles is a very rare thing. By my count and I may have missed one, since 1972 (the start of the playoff system):

* Only 2 public schools have won 3 AAA/D1 state titles: Princeton & Canton McKinley

* Only 2 public schools have won 2 AAA/D1 state titles: Warren Harding & Hilliard Davidson.

* Over the last 20 years NO public school has won more then one D1 state title.

* Since 2000, Colerain has lost in the semifinal game to 3 state champions - Upper Arlington, HD and Pick Central.

Bottom line is that it's extremely rare for a public school to win even ONE big school title. Lamenting Colerain's "failure" to win more then 1 title is barking up the wrong tree, IMO.

As for why public schools don't win more D1 titles, well let's do that one in a different thread!
Old 07-03-18, 07:48 AM
All Ohio

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post

* Only 2 public schools have won 3 AAA/D1 state titles: Princeton & Canton McKinley

* Only 2 public schools have won 2 AAA/D1 state titles: Warren Harding & Hilliard Davidson.

* Over the last 20 years NO public school has won more then one D1 state title.
!
Hilliard Davidson's 2 D1 state championships were in 2006 & 2009. Both within past 20 years.
Old 07-03-18, 11:52 AM
All Ohio

Who will be the Offensive and Defensive players of the year in your opinion

Who will lead in

Passing

Rushing

Receiving
Old 07-03-18, 12:01 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vike16 View Post
Who will be the Offensive and Defensive players of the year in your opinion - Offensive- Jeff Tyus- Fairfield- Defensive - Luke Bolden- Colerain

Who will lead in

Passing - Drew Altemuehle- Sycamore

Rushing- Juthan McClain- Fairfield

Receiving- Jermaine Wimpye- Princeton
Just my way too early opinion
Old 07-03-18, 12:06 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Have to think David Afari will be in the mix for the rushing leader...especially since we no longer have a QB.
Old 07-03-18, 12:29 PM
All Yappi

CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Have to think David Afari will be in the mix for the rushing leader...especially since we no longer have a QB.
Lakota West is moving to a no QB system? Hmmmmm.....why the hell not, right?!

Where did Horton transfer to, again?

-CardinalsFan