Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 02-08-18, 02:15 PM
WGH MAN WGH MAN is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-02-15
Posts: 42
WGH MAN is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to WGH MAN Send a message via MSN to WGH MAN
I'd have to disagree with both paladin and gotti.

Unfortunately, I was at the WGH game at Howland when they renewed their rivalry and at the 2nd game at WGH, both Howland wins. The 3rd game I believe would have went the same way except for some rough play by my Raiders which injured Howlands' star RB and their QB. (those things happen)

I don't think Angle got the Ohio's Coaches HOF by a fluke. He's was a well respected coach when he retired. He always had good assistant coaches around here, that's a given. Which is why I started this dang post anyway wondering about who Arnold was going to add to his staff

I'm not going to use this space to knock a retired coach, it's not my style. I'm here to praise my Raiders not to be negative. I hope others can stay on the proper subject matter
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-08-18, 02:56 PM
gotti544 gotti544 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-22-11
Posts: 544
gotti544 is on a distinguished road
Howland has defeated WGH in 3 of the last 7 meetings, but no doubt WGH should run Howland off the field. Tigers the last few years have only dressed 45 kids, to WGH 80. But those 45 handed mighty Lakeview there only regular season loss, 😜 same Tigers have beaten Lakeview in 7 of last 8. Put a lid on it Grandpa!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-08-18, 02:58 PM
gotti544 gotti544 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-22-11
Posts: 544
gotti544 is on a distinguished road
No means knocking Angle, he was just further along in his career and trusted Menendez to run the show and prepping him to be a head coach.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-08-18, 08:29 PM
itzme itzme is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-26-12
Posts: 137
itzme is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotti544 View Post
Howland has defeated WGH in 3 of the last 7 meetings, but no doubt WGH should run Howland off the field. Tigers the last few years have only dressed 45 kids, to WGH 80. But those 45 handed mighty Lakeview there only regular season loss, 😜 same Tigers have beaten Lakeview in 7 of last 8. Put a lid on it Grandpa!
Funny how he tries to put down the schedule Howland played when Angle was coach but then pumps up his Bulldogs who have feasted on lower tier AAC schools for years to rack up 7 wins or so each year. When he said they avoided playing tough teams and got burned in the playoffs with that scam... that's Lakeview.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-08-18, 09:42 PM
Worm02 Worm02 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-31-03
Location: Warren, OH
Posts: 7,012
Worm02 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotti544 View Post
1. Funny thing is Menendez is twice the coach Arnold is...

2. ...believe me when I tell you Angle had a lot more talent to work with....
1. Based on what? Howland won't even play Akron Buchtel, let alone Canton McKinley, Massillon, Ursuline, Mooney, etc. I don't agree with everything that goes on, but cats love to hate after Harding has one off year with a very inexperienced team. SMH. Y'all also mentioned Lynn earlier like Tyriq Ellis ain't from Youngstown himself.

2. Arnold had 3 very good teams that had a shot to make noise (2012, 2015, 2016), but across the board, the entire area isn't producing what it used to. This ain't the early 2000's...

Mahoning Valley College Commits- 2002-2005
Aaron Wood- '05 Springfield Local... Bowling Green
Alex Allen- '05 Youngstown Ursuline... Akron
Alex Engram- '04 Warren G. Harding... Western Michigan
Andre Boomer- '04 Warren G. Harding... Bowling Green
Andrew Good: '03 Boardman- West Virginia
Anthony Smith: '02 Hubbard- Syracuse ######$$
Anthony Hoke: '04 Warren G. Harding- Cincinnati
Ben Lane- '05 Hubbard... Youngstown State
Bill Sullivan- '02 Niles... Akron
Bradley Fletcher: '04 Liberty... Iowa #######
Brandon Braxton- '04 YOUNGSTOWN URSULINE... Oklahoma
Brandon Brown- '02 Youngstown Ursuline... Youngstown State
Brandon Alexander- '04 Howland... Toledo
Brian Mellott- '05 AUSTINTOWN FITCH... Ohio
Clayton Davis- '02 Warren G. Harding... Central Connecticut
Coree' Tucker- '02 Warren G. Harding... Central Connecticut
Dante Campbell- '05 Warren G. Harding... Kent State
Dan Gerberry- '04 Austintown Fitch- Ball State #####
Daryll Clark- '04 Youngstown Ursuline... Penn State
David Herron Jr.- '02 Warren G. Harding- Michigan State ####
Delbert Ferguson- '04 Warren G. Harding... Cincinnati
Derrick Stewart- '05 Youngstown Ursuline... Cincinnati
Doug Datish- '02 Howland... Ohio State ^###
Devanzo Tate - '03 Austintown Fitch... West Virginia
Dimitrios Makridis- '03 Warren G. Harding... Ohio State
Evan Beard- '02 Boardman... Navy
Jimmy Riley- '02 Youngstown Ursuline... Louisville
John Greco- '03 Boardman... Toledo @##########
Josh Cayson- '02 Warren JFK... Youngstown State
Keilen Dykes- '03 Youngstown Chaney... West Virginia #
Keith Forestal- '05 Liberty... Toledo
Kevin Tuminello- '03 Boardman... Georgia Tech
Kiff Kinkead- '03 Champion... Kent State
Kyle McCarthy- '05 Youngstown Cardinal Mooney... Notre Dame
Levi Leigh- 05' Mineral Ridge... Florida^
Louis Irizarry- '03 Youngstown Ursuline... Ohio State*
Mario Manningham- '05 Warren G. Harding... Michigan ######$
Marty Bowman- '05 Liberty... Boston College
Marty Hutchinson- Newton Falls... Youngstown State
Matt Maizel- '03 Youngstown Ursuline... Eastern Michigan
Maurice Clarett: '02 Warren G. Harding- Ohio State *^
Maurice Smith-Davis- '03 Howland- Michigan State
Max King- '02 Champion... Youngstown State
Mike Kokal- '03 Warren G. Harding... Miami (OH)
Mike McGlynn: Ausintown Fitch- Pitt ########
Mike O'Bruba- '04 Boardman... Ohio
Mike Villagrana: '03 Austintown Fitch... West Virginia
Mike Philibin- '05 Youngstown Cardinal Mooney... Ohio
Mike Phillips: '03 Warren G. Harding- Pitt
Miles Williams: '04 Austintown Fitch- Michigan State
Phil McNeal- '04 Warren G. Harding... Kent State
Prescott Burgess- '04 Warren G. Harding- Michigan *####
Richard Davis- '04 Warren G. Harding... Toledo
Rick Solak- '05 Youngstown Cardinal Mooney... Bowling Green
Rob Massucci- '03 Warren G. Harding... Youngstown State
Rocco Cironi- '05... Michigan State
Ron Stoops- '04 Youngstown Cardinal Mooney... Michigan State
Sean Clayton- '03 Poland... Michigan State
Steve Vallos- '02 Boardman... Wake Forest ######
Terance Graves- '03 Youngstown Ursuline... Toledo
Tim Dewberry- '03 Canfield...Youngstown State
Todd Rowan- '05 LaBrae... Youngstown State
Tom Zetts- '03 Boardman- Youngstown State
Tony Davis- '04 Howland- Penn State
-This year, WGH's Jalen Hooks is the only FBS signee from the Mahoning Valley.

3. When Howland was producing serious talent every year, they were afraid to play Harding after Angle's 62-0 L in 1998. For reasons that I won't get into, the area is much different now. Meanwhile, Arnold lost his best senior class ever over the summer (it wasn't just Bowden), but Menendez is a better coach cause he went 6-4 with a soft schedule? How?

This thread is nothing but a hate fest, which is why I've stayed out of it up to this point. In fact, every Harding thread turns into crap because of jealous, petty individuals. Y'all silly though.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-09-18, 10:27 AM
EastYoungstown EastYoungstown is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-04-12
Location: North Side
Posts: 9,871
EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worm02 View Post

This thread is nothing but a hate fest, which is why I've stayed out of it up to this point. In fact, every Harding thread turns into crap because of jealous, petty individuals. Y'all silly though.
amen to that
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-09-18, 09:50 PM
WGH MAN WGH MAN is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-02-15
Posts: 42
WGH MAN is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to WGH MAN Send a message via MSN to WGH MAN
This thread isn't a hate fest. It just got hijacked by people talking about Lakeview and Massilon.

So back to WGH. Now that Arnold has hired 2 retreads from Howland, does he really expect them to improve his staff? Who else has he hired? Menendez was OK and will make a fine O-Line coach addition. He was part of a very good staff that Angle had at Howland for years and yes, I agree Angle did prep him as his successor. The other is a Howland coach . I thought Arnold was going to make a splash here because lets face it, he does not have a lot of talent but if it's coached up properly, he can win more games.

So who else did he get to add and who did he let go? That is still the question folks. WGH needs good assistant coaches to go along with their ego driven Head Coach. He needs to get top flight assistants or WGH will be looking at another losing season and from all my years in Warren, we never let a head coach have so many losing season as this guy has had. Check out the records of the head coaches just prior to Arnold and tell me I'm wrong. Why are the people of Warren putting up with a coach whose not winning?

Last edited by WGH MAN; 02-18-18 at 08:23 AM. Reason: personal
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-09-18, 10:02 PM
BHSspartans13 BHSspartans13 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-27-06
Posts: 3,602
BHSspartans13 is on a distinguished road
Hasn't Arnold's staff had a lot of turnover over the years? Didn't he hire a bunch of Howland assistants when Angle retired in the first place? Toth, Bayuk, and Greenamyer off the top of my head? They had a good year that first season but then they all left. Toth to Boardman with his son and the rest went with Bayuk to JFK.

Maybe this second infusion of Howland assistants will lead a turnaround.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-10-18, 09:05 AM
itzme itzme is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-26-12
Posts: 137
itzme is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WGH MAN View Post
This thread isn't a hate fest. It just got hijacked by people talking about Lakeview and Massilon.

So back to WGH. Now that Arnold has hired 2 retreads from Howland, does he really expect them to improve his staff? Who else has he hired? Menendez was OK as a coach but nothing special. He was part of a very good staff that Angle had at Howland for years and yes, I agree Angle did prep him as his successor out of his loyalty it seems. The other Howland coach is just another coach nothing special. I thought Arnold was going to make a splash here because lets face it, he does not have a lot of talent but if it's coached up properly, he can win more games.

So who else did he get to add and who did he let go? That is still the question folks. WGH needs good assistant coaches to go along with their ego driven Head Coach. He needs to get top flight assistants or WGH will be looking at another losing season and from all my years in Warren, we never let a head coach have so many losing season as this guy has had. Check out the records of the head coaches just prior to Arnold and tell me I'm wrong. Why are the people of Warren putting up with a coach whose not winning?
You ever think about joining the Gridiron Club? I'm sure most of the questions you ask can be answered there. Or, maybe you just want to knock any move Arnold makes? How do you know the other Howland coach "is just another coach" when you didn't even know who was being brought on?

Arnold has 3 playoff appearances as Head Coach in 6 years. Yes, he also has 3 losing seasons but the 3 playoff appearances rank 2nd behind Thom McDaniels for most in WGH history. Say what you want about how or why in your opinion but those are the facts.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-10-18, 11:17 AM
WGH MAN WGH MAN is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-02-15
Posts: 42
WGH MAN is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to WGH MAN Send a message via MSN to WGH MAN
ITZME
Yes 3 playoff appearances. 2 of which were because and only because of Lynn Bowden, I think 90% of people would agree with that. Plus if you followed WGH as I do for the last 50 yrs, both of those team should have gone much farther and 1 of them could have won a State Championship aside from some questionable coaching decisions in crunch time where Arnold choked big time!

Please don't ever, ever, put Arnold in the same sentence as Thom McDaniels!!!
That would be like putting Tim Tebow with Joe Montana.
NO COMPARISON AT ALL.
HERESY. ALL WGH FANS WOULD AGGREE TO THAT.
DON'T BE STUPID.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 02-10-18, 01:04 PM
itzme itzme is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-26-12
Posts: 137
itzme is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WGH MAN View Post
ITZME
Yes 3 playoff appearances. 2 of which were because and only because of Lynn Bowden, I think 90% of people would agree with that. Plus if you followed WGH as I do for the last 50 yrs, both of those team should have gone much farther and 1 of them could have won a State Championship aside from some questionable coaching decisions in crunch time where Arnold choked big time!

Please don't ever, ever, put Arnold in the same sentence as Thom McDaniels!!!
That would be like putting Tim Tebow with Joe Montana.
NO COMPARISON AT ALL.
HERESY. ALL WGH FANS WOULD AGGREE TO THAT.
DON'T BE STUPID.
As I said... say what you want about the how's or why's and what your opinion is. You would probably say 2012 only made it because of Jeff Bayuk and that's fine too. He's taken 3 WGH teams to the playoffs as Head Coach. That fact has put him in the same sentence because only 1 other WGH coach has taken more teams to the playoffs. You asked why he hasn't been fired yet, right? How do you think he got the job? Because of the connections he has created. Not to mention the great leadership, discipline, and role model he has brought and been for his players that goes beyond wins and losses. Steve is a Warren guy. The other coaches you point to weren't Warren guys and there's a big difference there.

Every coach has been questioned. Remember when McD was questioned for not giving Clarett the ball inside the 10 yard line vs. St. Ignatius in 2001? Remember the losing season McD had as Head Coach in 2005 when he had around 5 D1 recruits? Since you have followed WGH football for the last 50 years you would know that. I can read all your rips on Arnold and the same things were said 10-15 years ago too about McD.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-12-18, 12:26 AM
goldentornado goldentornado is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-30-13
Posts: 1,315
goldentornado is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzme View Post
As I said... say what you want about the how's or why's and what your opinion is. You would probably say 2012 only made it because of Jeff Bayuk and that's fine too. He's taken 3 WGH teams to the playoffs as Head Coach. That fact has put him in the same sentence because only 1 other WGH coach has taken more teams to the playoffs. You asked why he hasn't been fired yet, right? How do you think he got the job? Because of the connections he has created. Not to mention the great leadership, discipline, and role model he has brought and been for his players that goes beyond wins and losses. Steve is a Warren guy. The other coaches you point to weren't Warren guys and there's a big difference there.

Every coach has been questioned. Remember when McD was questioned for not giving Clarett the ball inside the 10 yard line vs. St. Ignatius in 2001? Remember the losing season McD had as Head Coach in 2005 when he had around 5 D1 recruits? Since you have followed WGH football for the last 50 years you would know that. I can read all your rips on Arnold and the same things were said 10-15 years ago too about McD.
I remember McD getting wins over Mentor, Solon, ST Eds , ST Ignatius and a pretty good Glenville team. I dont recall a Arnold coached team playing any team of that caliber let alone getting a win over them
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-12-18, 09:10 PM
itzme itzme is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-26-12
Posts: 137
itzme is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentornado View Post
I remember McD getting wins over Mentor, Solon, ST Eds , ST Ignatius and a pretty good Glenville team. I dont recall a Arnold coached team playing any team of that caliber let alone getting a win over them
Of course his teams did. Funny how that was forgotten by many when he was run out of town. This isnt a McD vs Arnold debate. McD was clearly a better coach and he is the only HC in WGH history to have more playoff appearances than Arnold. The question was raised as to why he is still coach. I just answered it.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-12-18, 11:27 PM
goldentornado goldentornado is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-30-13
Posts: 1,315
goldentornado is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzme View Post
Of course his teams did. Funny how that was forgotten by many when he was run out of town. This isnt a McD vs Arnold debate. McD was clearly a better coach and he is the only HC in WGH history to have more playoff appearances than Arnold. The question was raised as to why he is still coach. I just answered it.
Not really , Arnolds playoff appearances are deceiving. He just gets a lot of wins over the bad teams on the schedule that has been watered down.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-13-18, 07:59 AM
gotti544 gotti544 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-22-11
Posts: 544
gotti544 is on a distinguished road
WGH still plays a very demanding schedule, can’t see how anyone can say it is watered down. With the likes of Massillon, Canton McKinely and the old SVC. Also must take into account the drop in enrollment, although I would love to see Steubenville Big Red back on the docket
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-13-18, 02:23 PM
warren west warren west is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-11-05
Posts: 2,595
warren west
Agree!!! Harding is D2. Except around Columbus enrollment is down statewide. An article in the PD yesterday said Mentors total school enrollment is half of what it was in the 90s.The one poster made a comment on when the Harding-Howland rivalry was resumed about Howland winning the first two and Smith getting hurt in the third game.Harding easily won that game. They returned about everybody from the team that lost a close one to Howland the year before whereas Smith was back for Howland but they graduated alot especially there lineman.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-13-18, 06:07 PM
OLDGOLD OLDGOLD is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-13-14
Posts: 169
OLDGOLD is on a distinguished road
The only thing I might add to this discussion is Coach Anarella would have had more appearances in the current 8 team format
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-14-18, 10:31 AM
goldentornado goldentornado is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-30-13
Posts: 1,315
goldentornado is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotti544 View Post
WGH still plays a very demanding schedule, canít see how anyone can say it is watered down. With the likes of Massillon, Canton McKinely and the old SVC. Also must take into account the drop in enrollment, although I would love to see Steubenville Big Red back on the docket
Massillon and Canton McKinely arent what they used to be, it looks good if you like name recognition. I recall some of McDs team having around 60 players and Arnold's with 75-90. so enrollment excuse is just that. McDs teams were able to compete in D-1 , now they struggle to compete in D-2.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-14-18, 10:58 AM
Paladin1aa Paladin1aa is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-16-06
Location: Mahoning Valley
Posts: 1,152
Paladin1aa is on a distinguished road
I'll say. Watched Clarret run for 401 yds and 5 TDs against St. Eds and then another year come from behind to beat Eds again with few seconds left on a bomb to Manningham with a last second FG. Those were the days. McD had the best prepared teams with great fundamentals playing well coached games against some of the states most superior teams.

But, here we are today........
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-14-18, 06:18 PM
gotti544 gotti544 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-22-11
Posts: 544
gotti544 is on a distinguished road
McD also choked the St. Ignatius game away in the Rubber Bowl, things change.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 02-14-18, 09:11 PM
itzme itzme is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-26-12
Posts: 137
itzme is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentornado View Post
Massillon and Canton McKinely arent what they used to be, it looks good if you like name recognition.
You say this about Massillon & McK but expect WGH to be unchanged? From when?

Struggle to compete in D2? Werent they just in the regional final? I know I know... it was because of 1 player. As if no other team has been led to great things by a great talent. Werent they in the D1 playoffs battling Mitch Trubisky & Mentor down to the wire? I know I know.... Jeff Bayuk was on staff then.

How about you guys just support the program & kids involved? Maybe join the Gridiron Club? Make a difference?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 02-14-18, 09:41 PM
goldentornado goldentornado is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-30-13
Posts: 1,315
goldentornado is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzme View Post
You say this about Massillon & McK but expect WGH to be unchanged? From when?

Struggle to compete in D2? Werent they just in the regional final? I know I know... it was because of 1 player. As if no other team has been led to great things by a great talent. Werent they in the D1 playoffs battling Mitch Trubisky & Mentor down to the wire? I know I know.... Jeff Bayuk was on staff then.

How about you guys just support the program & kids involved? Maybe join the Gridiron Club? Make a difference?
Didnt they just go 2-7 ? The region 5 final in D-2 is now the measuring stick for greatness?
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-14-18, 10:00 PM
itzme itzme is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-26-12
Posts: 137
itzme is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentornado View Post
Didnt they just go 2-7 ? The region 5 final in D-2 is now the measuring stick for greatness?
You said they struggle to compete in D2, correct? Being 1 of the final 8 teams in the state of Ohio in D2 is struggling?

Is making a regional final a great season? Yes I believe so. How often has WGH been in a regional final? Do you even know? They have 2 state titles. 1 Runner Up. 2001, 2006, & 2016 made the regional final. You act as if its a yearly occurance. Ask the kids & coaches who were a part of that season. Memories for a lifetime. Hopefully you were able to witness it & enjoy it but somehow I dont think you did. You probably criticized every move & every decision.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02-15-18, 10:38 AM
goldentornado goldentornado is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-30-13
Posts: 1,315
goldentornado is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzme View Post
You said they struggle to compete in D2, correct? Being 1 of the final 8 teams in the state of Ohio in D2 is struggling?

Is making a regional final a great season? Yes I believe so. How often has WGH been in a regional final? Do you even know? They have 2 state titles. 1 Runner Up. 2001, 2006, & 2016 made the regional final. You act as if its a yearly occurance. Ask the kids & coaches who were a part of that season. Memories for a lifetime. Hopefully you were able to witness it & enjoy it but somehow I dont think you did. You probably criticized every move & every decision.
If you consider making the finals in region 5 a great season, then you dont set the bar too high. In 2016 region 5 was one of the weaker regions in the state regardless of size.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 02-15-18, 11:17 AM
bop bop is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-27-13
Posts: 596
bop is on a distinguished road
As an outsider, I do not follow Warren football but have always respected it. I saw them beat Mooney 14-7 at Stambaugh Stadium back in the day and was in Awe of both schools. That being said, I think it is hard to even compare teams from the 90's or even early 2000's to today. Warren is not the same city it was then and NEO is not the same as it was then. Football in this area has fallen off with the population decrease.

Last edited by bop; 02-15-18 at 11:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 02-19-18, 06:15 PM
Worm02 Worm02 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-31-03
Location: Warren, OH
Posts: 7,012
Worm02 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WGH MAN View Post
This thread isn't a hate fest...

Yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGH MAN View Post
ITZME
Yes 3 playoff appearances. 2 of which were because and only because of Lynn Bowden, I think 90% of people would agree with that. Plus if you followed WGH as I do for the last 50 yrs, both of those team should have gone much farther and 1 of them could have won a State Championship aside from some questionable coaching decisions in crunch time where Arnold choked big time!

Please don't ever, ever, put Arnold in the same sentence as Thom McDaniels!!!
That would be like putting Tim Tebow with Joe Montana.
NO COMPARISON AT ALL.
HERESY. ALL WGH FANS WOULD AGGREE TO THAT.
DON'T BE STUPID.
1. Lynn Bowden is WGH's all time leader in passing TDs. I suppose that he threw them all to himself, huh?
2. Bowden rarely played defense, yet WGH shut out 4 opponents in 2016. That hadn't been done since 2002.
3. You can't compare the talent that Arnold had/has to what McD had. Huge difference, but there is a reason for it. If you are as old as you claim you are, you'd know why.
4. "Questionable coaching decisions?" Do you think that Coach Arnold would pass three consecutive times on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and goal with the USA Today Offensive Player of the Year in the backfield? McD gave the 2001 state title away in the 3rd round. Harding may never have a team that stacked again.

Again, "hate fest." Most of your topics are, which is why I rarely comment on them anymore. I don't agree with every decision that Coach Arnold makes, but I'm more than involved enough with our youth to know where the problems lie. Again, if you are as old as you say you are, then you've wasted a lot of time being blind.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 02-19-18, 06:36 PM
Crimson and Black Crimson and Black is online now
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-15-16
Location: Galena, Ohio
Posts: 656
Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
I can’t see any reason why WGH cannot regain their status as an Ohio elite. If they have talent walking the halls but not playing they need a HC that can get them on the field. The school has the talent.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 02-20-18, 10:45 PM
Steel Valley FB Steel Valley FB is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-13-03
Posts: 9,779
Steel Valley FB is on a distinguished road
Worm, I just ran into Kyree Flowers and his gf about 20 minutes ago at the Kroger by my house down here. I asked him if knew you and he said “oh yeah he made my highlight tape for me” lol. I remember his uncle was a couple years ahead of me and played with my brother. I run into a lot of Warren guys down here for some reason. That’s like 5-6 in the past couple years lol.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 02-21-18, 02:15 PM
Worm02 Worm02 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-31-03
Location: Warren, OH
Posts: 7,012
Worm02 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Valley FB View Post
Worm, I just ran into Kyree Flowers and his gf about 20 minutes ago at the Kroger by my house down here. I asked him if knew you and he said ďoh yeah he made my highlight tape for meĒ lol. I remember his uncle was a couple years ahead of me and played with my brother. I run into a lot of Warren guys down here for some reason. Thatís like 5-6 in the past couple years lol.
Kyree probably mentioned his highlight tape because he assumed that you know me because of sports, lol. I'm real close to his family. His brother Tyon (LB from the c/o 2007) is like my little brother. I remember when his youngest brother (in his early 20's) was a baby, lol.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 04-28-18, 11:37 AM
EagleFan's Avatar
EagleFan EagleFan is offline
Scatologist
 
Join Date: 03-04-02
Location: Ohio
Posts: 21,591
EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Warren Warren G. Harding 2018
8/24 H Canton McKinley
8/31 Unknown/OPEN
9/7 A Massillon Washington
9/14 A Austintown Fitch
9/21 H Ursuline
9/28 A Lakeside
10/5 A Boardman
10/12 H Cardinal Mooney
10/19 H Youngstown East
10/26 A Howland
Will Rhodes be the Week 2 matchup?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Barberton: A Coaching Legacy frecriss Barberton Magics 18 11-28-18 11:02 AM
Benedictine football alum's inspiring fight against ALS CleBen Football 2 12-15-17 01:51 PM
D VII State Semifinal: St. Paul (13-0) vs Minster (9-4) EagleFan Football 130 11-27-17 08:26 PM
Week 2: North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards LeopardNation Football 76 09-03-17 07:29 AM
Massillon Football Program: Booster Club DB135 Massillon Tigers 1 08-24-17 09:59 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz