Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 07-20-18, 07:43 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,071
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Can someone post Mcdonald schedule
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-20-18, 08:17 PM
Raider#23 Raider#23 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-07-02
Location: The LAST ICL Champions!!!
Posts: 2,733
Raider#23 is on a distinguished road
Here you go Spread All Day

McDonald Blue Devils
08/24 A Brookfield
08/31 H Columbiana
09/07 A Champion
09/14 H Waterloo
09/21 A Springfield
09/28 H Jackson-Milton
10/05 H Mineral Ridge
10/12 A Sebring
10/19 A Western Reserve
10/26 H Lowellville
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-22-18, 12:41 AM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,071
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider#23 View Post
Here you go Spread All Day

McDonald Blue Devils
08/24 A Brookfield
08/31 H Columbiana
09/07 A Champion
09/14 H Waterloo
09/21 A Springfield
09/28 H Jackson-Milton
10/05 H Mineral Ridge
10/12 A Sebring
10/19 A Western Reserve
10/26 H Lowellville


Thank you. I was curious if they were still playing brookfield early in the year. That should be a good game. Mcdonald will have the edge though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-24-18, 06:20 AM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Location: In a Negley cornfield
Posts: 2,532
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Any idea if Sebring can field a team?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-24-18, 11:19 AM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 4,400
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
Any idea if Sebring can field a team?
Theyíre still on everyoneís schedule and havenít heard they werenít, so Iíd assume as of now they are.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-24-18, 11:41 AM
Sykotyk Sykotyk is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Location: Lowellville, OH
Posts: 4,288
Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Haven't heard the dire warnings like last year. Had a lot of underclassmen come out so I'm guessing they're back out again this year. Saw them play Lowellville last year and was impressed. They really worked on fundamentals. Their problem was just they were raw, unpolished and not that athletic. Another year for the younger kids, continued work on fundamentals and I think they can hang with the lower end of the mvac most games. Assuming numbers or injuries become an issue.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-25-18, 06:33 PM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 4,400
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Previews from wkbn of 2 MVAC teams.

Lowellville:
https://www.wkbn.com/sports/lowellvi...018/1231793696

Jackson-Milton:
https://www.wkbn.com/sports/coach-br...nse/1159514139
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-31-18, 10:45 PM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 4,400
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
https://www.wkbn.com/sports/the-kill...nse/1337341137

McDonald changing up from the wing-t for this season to run the spread
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-02-18, 03:04 AM
m14brian m14brian is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-24-10
Posts: 653
m14brian is on a distinguished road
Ii is really not a huge switch going spread from a wing-t. Maybe well will see more of a passing threat from McD this year.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-02-18, 09:24 AM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 4,400
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by m14brian View Post
Ii is really not a huge switch going spread from a wing-t. Maybe well will see more of a passing threat from McD this year.
Especially since they ran it at times last year. I doubt we see much more downfield passing, but can see them running more quick passes. I bet itís still heavily leaning towards running
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 08-02-18, 10:38 AM
beaker beaker is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-26-13
Location: Trumbull County
Posts: 560
beaker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
Especially since they ran it at times last year. I doubt we see much more downfield passing, but can see them running more quick passes. I bet itís still heavily leaning towards running
Didn't they think about running spread offense a couple years ago and found out it was a disaster during scrimmages and switched back to wing t. Interested to see how it goes when they scrimmage South Range.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-02-18, 06:18 PM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 4,400
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaker View Post
Didn't they think about running spread offense a couple years ago and found out it was a disaster during scrimmages and switched back to wing t. Interested to see how it goes when they scrimmage South Range.
If I remember correctly they tried running the wing-t out of the pistol that year. My guess is this offense is based around running the read option with celli and Cintron
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 08-02-18, 07:14 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,071
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
When does Springfield and Mcdonald play? That game will decide the conference


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 08-03-18, 07:13 PM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 4,400
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
When does Springfield and Mcdonald play? That game will decide the conference


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Week 5 in Springfield. I agree they are the 2 top teams heading into the year but Reserve will be good enough to have a say in the final standings
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 08-08-18, 05:59 PM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 4,400
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
First round of scrimmages start this week, these are the matchups I can find, if anyone has any info on the others or how these went it would be appreciated!

Wednesday 8/8:
Southern vs Lowellville

Thursday 8/9:
Leetonia vs Sebring

Friday 8/10:
McDonald vs South Range

Saturday 8/11
Waterloo vs East Palestine
Mineral Ridge vs Windham
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 08-09-18, 06:53 AM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Location: In a Negley cornfield
Posts: 2,532
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
First round of scrimmages start this week, these are the matchups I can find, if anyone has any info on the others or how these went it would be appreciated!

Wednesday 8/8:
Southern vs Lowellville

Thursday 8/9:
Leetonia vs Sebring

Friday 8/10:
McDonald vs South Range

Saturday 8/11
Waterloo vs East Palestine
Mineral Ridge vs Windham
Morning Journal reports EP-Waterloo is @ 10 AM Friday the 10th.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 08-09-18, 03:11 PM
boomer24 boomer24 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-15-15
Posts: 584
boomer24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
First round of scrimmages start this week, these are the matchups I can find, if anyone has any info on the others or how these went it would be appreciated!

Wednesday 8/8:
Southern vs Lowellville

Thursday 8/9:
Leetonia vs Sebring

Friday 8/10:
McDonald vs South Range

Saturday 8/11
Waterloo vs East Palestine
Mineral Ridge vs Windham
Where is the Mineral Ridge scrimmage?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 08-09-18, 03:21 PM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 4,400
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer24 View Post
Where is the Mineral Ridge scrimmage?
At Windham according to ridges athletic site
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 08-09-18, 05:11 PM
Raider#23 Raider#23 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-07-02
Location: The LAST ICL Champions!!!
Posts: 2,733
Raider#23 is on a distinguished road
Saw on Arbiter that the scrimmage between Ridge and Waterloo is cancelled. Any idea what is going on with that? Hope it's not because of injuries already.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 08-09-18, 05:15 PM
Raider#23 Raider#23 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-07-02
Location: The LAST ICL Champions!!!
Posts: 2,733
Raider#23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
Haven't heard the dire warnings like last year. Had a lot of underclassmen come out so I'm guessing they're back out again this year. Saw them play Lowellville last year and was impressed. They really worked on fundamentals. Their problem was just they were raw, unpolished and not that athletic. Another year for the younger kids, continued work on fundamentals and I think they can hang with the lower end of the mvac most games. Assuming numbers or injuries become an issue.
Sounds like maybe the numbers haven't really improved, but maybe they will be a little better competitive wise.

https://www.wkbn.com/sports/sebring-...ers/1340473052
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 08-09-18, 06:46 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,071
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Didnít realize Springfield returns 8 on both sides.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 08-09-18, 10:07 PM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 4,400
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider#23 View Post
Saw on Arbiter that the scrimmage between Ridge and Waterloo is cancelled. Any idea what is going on with that? Hope it's not because of injuries already.
I think you mean Windham not Waterloo. Just looking on arbiter and both had 3 scrimmages scheduled, maybe the schools decided it to be best to just have 2?

Side note Raider, will you be at the scrimmage tomorrow? Would like to hear an update on how it went since I can’t make it. According to wfmj your raiders return 8 on D, will be interesting to see how McDonald’s new O does against a good, experienced unit.

Last edited by kingpin2010; 08-10-18 at 12:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 08-09-18, 10:09 PM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 4,400
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Didnít realize Springfield returns 8 on both sides.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Including Brungard at qb and Snyder (1000 yards) at rb. The Tigers are loaded
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 08-09-18, 11:38 PM
Sykotyk Sykotyk is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Location: Lowellville, OH
Posts: 4,288
Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider#23 View Post
Sounds like maybe the numbers haven't really improved, but maybe they will be a little better competitive wise.

https://www.wkbn.com/sports/sebring-...ers/1340473052
I read that but didn't get the impression they were going to see numbers as low as last year. Last year remember they were talking about ending the team if enough new kids didn't come out. The kids in the weight room was just an average each day. I'm guessing they'll see at least more than last year and it's good that the ones they do have are better prepared to play both ways and compete as the games wears on.

Last edited by Sykotyk; 08-10-18 at 07:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 08-10-18, 05:42 AM
Raider#23 Raider#23 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-07-02
Location: The LAST ICL Champions!!!
Posts: 2,733
Raider#23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
I think you mean Windham not Waterloo. Just looking on arbiter and both had 3 scrimmages scheduled, maybe the schools decided it to be best to just have 2?

Side note Raider, will you be at the scrimmage tomorrow? Would like to hear an update on how it went since I canít make it. According to wfmj your raiders return 8 on D, will be interesting to see how McDonaldís new O does against a good, experienced unit.
Yeah, sorry Windham.

I was going to try, but I'll probably be late getting there because of work. Might only get to see second stringers unfortunately. I'll give you an update if I get to see some of the starters.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 08-10-18, 10:26 AM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 4,400
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider#23 View Post
Yeah, sorry Windham.

I was going to try, but I'll probably be late getting there because of work. Might only get to see second stringers unfortunately. I'll give you an update if I get to see some of the starters.
Any update you can provide will be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 08-10-18, 08:06 PM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 4,400
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Didn’t get much detail, but told McDonald beat south range 4-0 in the scrimmage and ran very effectively out of the spread.

Last edited by kingpin2010; 08-10-18 at 08:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 08-10-18, 09:15 PM
Raider#23 Raider#23 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-07-02
Location: The LAST ICL Champions!!!
Posts: 2,733
Raider#23 is on a distinguished road
I feel bad for you kingpin I see a lot of running clock games in your 2018 season.


The Blue Devils DOMINATED the Raiders tonight. The Devils controlled the line of scrimmage and were definitely the quicker team. Cintron busted a big run on the first play for about 30 yards and then the Devils scored on the 10th play of their first possession. They would score again on their second 10 play possession. Again it was Cintron with a 50-60 yard run down the left sideline.


The Devils would score twice in 5-play red zone offense. Once with Celli running it in from 2 yards out, and then Celli threw a pass to #21 for a second score on the next play.


The Raiders could not establish any solid running game, but did have some success passing. I thought they scored on their 2nd 10-play possession, but maybe not since someone posted it 4-0. If not the Raiders got down to the goal line on a deep pass. They were pretty much stuffed in the red zone plays.


The JV portion of the scrimmage was pretty even, but the Devils did break a big run for a touchdown on I believe their second 10 play possession.


The Devils came in with ALOT more emotion and took control of the scrimmage from the get-go. The Raiders never could match the intensity. No doubt the Raiders are searching for leaders after the graduation of Buzzacco and Remish. Hopefully this scrimmage was an eye-opener from the Raiders.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 08-11-18, 09:55 AM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 4,400
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider#23 View Post
I feel bad for you kingpin I see a lot of running clock games in your 2018 season.


The Blue Devils DOMINATED the Raiders tonight. The Devils controlled the line of scrimmage and were definitely the quicker team. Cintron busted a big run on the first play for about 30 yards and then the Devils scored on the 10th play of their first possession. They would score again on their second 10 play possession. Again it was Cintron with a 50-60 yard run down the left sideline.


The Devils would score twice in 5-play red zone offense. Once with Celli running it in from 2 yards out, and then Celli threw a pass to #21 for a second score on the next play.


The Raiders could not establish any solid running game, but did have some success passing. I thought they scored on their 2nd 10-play possession, but maybe not since someone posted it 4-0. If not the Raiders got down to the goal line on a deep pass. They were pretty much stuffed in the red zone plays.


The JV portion of the scrimmage was pretty even, but the Devils did break a big run for a touchdown on I believe their second 10 play possession.


The Devils came in with ALOT more emotion and took control of the scrimmage from the get-go. The Raiders never could match the intensity. No doubt the Raiders are searching for leaders after the graduation of Buzzacco and Remish. Hopefully this scrimmage was an eye-opener from the Raiders.
Anytime you step on the field with south range and come away with the upper hand, that is a big positive. Itís good to hear they had success with the spread, it was a pretty big gamble to move away from an offense that was successful last year and returned everyone. Also good to hear they threw a td pass, having some semblance of a pass game with be critical to live up to the potential this team has.

Iím not too surprised the devil D did well, considering how much SR had to replace from last year Iím sure their O is a work in progress, and will improve. I fully expect coach Yeagley to have the raiders improved and geared up for week 1 and another successful season. Thank you for the detail on how it went!
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 08-12-18, 06:48 PM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 4,400
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Not much buzz from the other scrimmages, particularly interested in how Western Reserve looked since they have a bunch of holes to fill.

Anyway here are the scrimmages for this week

Wednesday:
Hubbard at Western Reserve

Thursday:
Springfield at Salem
St Thomas Aquinas at Waterloo
Mathews at Lowellville
Garretsville Garfield at Mineral Ridge
Sebring at Malvern
Valley Christian at Jackson-Milton

Friday:
Southern at McDonald
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Canton McKinley Bulldogs Football Season IUDOGS Football 621 10-22-18 08:03 AM
2018 Elite High School Girls Invitational (powered by Nike) LE Hawks Girls Soccer 31 05-09-18 08:22 PM
2018 Elite Boys High School Invitational (Powered by Nike) LE Hawks Boys Soccer 4 04-11-18 12:01 PM
2018 Ohio Novice State 1/20/2018 AmyMattin Wrestling 11 01-19-18 09:16 PM
2017-2018 Basketball Schedules Yappi Boys Basketball 60 11-30-17 01:53 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz