Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #601  
Old 08-10-18, 09:53 PM
brianwr112 brianwr112 is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 04-25-05
Location: richmond KY
Posts: 2,474
brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdrill View Post
Ha! right. Dude is out of money looking to make a buck. No way they pay him a dime.
I actually have a lot of knowledge about the people involved with the wrestling portion of the allegations. Agree it's a a personal attack on Jordan that those guys have gone to the media about. That being said, there's a dang good chance they pay out $100+ million when everything's said and done. When there's as many accusations as there are then there's some truth to it. the payout will determine what the school knew. And I'm guessing it'll be less than MSU because they won't be able to put the accused on trial.

ESPN let go of a lot of big name senior reporters. If they weren't also a tv personality or had their own show then ESPN laid them off. Look at some of the names across all sports and tell me this is false...

I've stated numerous times that it shouldn't be Meyer's job to investigate anything. It is his job to report what he knows. OSU fans seem to only read/listen to what they want to read/hear.

Ummm...pretty much everyone who truly follows college football, as well as fellow reporters, respect McMurphy. You don't like him because he reported something negative about Ohio State. Just admit that and move forward.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #602  
Old 08-10-18, 09:53 PM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 3,422
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
OSU better put aside $100+ million of those resources for all the lawsuits stemming from the handsy wrestling doctor.
That is exactly what OSU powers to be should be concerning themselves about and not about some incoherent answer that Meyer gave at a press conference.
Reply With Quote
  #603  
Old 08-10-18, 10:03 PM
MentorGrad2002's Avatar
MentorGrad2002 MentorGrad2002 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-09-07
Location: Mentor
Posts: 10,972
MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
SEC also known as Sheat ( cheat ) Every Chance conference. Meyer is a football coach not a baby sitter. With OSU resources they can hire law firm or PI firm to check police reports daily for DV or any wrong doings.


Here we go again with this ... Ohio state has 3 current scandals going on in their athletic department. They have plenty of dirt on their history as well

Ohio state and any other school that wins has dirty times and scandals. You aren't above it. The holier than thou crowd of osu fans who ignore this and think they are clean is one big reason osu is hated as a fanbase


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #604  
Old 08-10-18, 10:18 PM
brianwr112 brianwr112 is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 04-25-05
Location: richmond KY
Posts: 2,474
brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
That is exactly what OSU powers to be should be concerning themselves about and not about some incoherent answer that Meyer gave at a press conference.
It was a pretty coherent answer. Urban even went in detail with it. I'm not here t rank what OSU should be spending their time and resources on but a current staff member, and face of the school, being accused of possible Title IX violations seems like something they may want to clear up as soon as possible. They'll want to be able to provide information to their sponsors and large donors. Make sure everyone's on the same page. Because at the end of the day, they don't care what it to cost them millions in the future. And sponsors and donors don't want to be questioned why they continue to support a school may appear to cover up DV if they don't get to the bottom of this...
Reply With Quote
  #605  
Old 08-11-18, 12:42 AM
brianwr112 brianwr112 is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 04-25-05
Location: richmond KY
Posts: 2,474
brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
It'll be interesting to see how Buckeye fans respond to ESPN's report that through North Carolina's investigation into their football players were selling player exclusive Jordan Brand shoes, they found that the same retailer had possibly purchased some from Michigan players. My guess, that investigation will will be warranted if a few Wolverines get suspended and ESPN was doing a great job of reporting.
Reply With Quote
  #606  
Old 08-11-18, 04:01 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,828
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Hitter 1 View Post
This is major problem in today society. They are no longer journalist but commentators. They forgot there job is to report the news not taint it with their own personal biased.
Click-whores. Most are merely click-whores.
Reply With Quote
  #607  
Old 08-11-18, 04:03 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,828
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Even if Meyer failed to report the incident, OSU has the right not to punish Meyer at all. However why did OSU ever put Meyer in this position, Meyer is a football coach not a babysitter for his coaches. OSU should have never put that clause about reporting any DV in his contract. I wonder if Saban has a DV clause in his contract ?
It's all pivoting on Gene Smith, isn't it ? The silence, the contract details......
Reply With Quote
  #608  
Old 08-11-18, 04:05 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,828
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
OSU better put aside $100+ million of those resources for all the lawsuits stemming from the handsy wrestling doctor.
OK, turn your head and cough....and cough......again, please.....once more....and cough once again.....
Reply With Quote
  #609  
Old 08-11-18, 04:10 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,828
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
That is exactly what OSU powers to be should be concerning themselves about and not about some incoherent answer that Meyer gave at a press conference.
He gave an arrogant, foolish, f off answer.

Turned out he was feeding some rope for a weasel to hang himself - intentional or not. Not smart, probably just from anger and frustration. It was coherent, though.
Reply With Quote
  #610  
Old 08-11-18, 04:43 AM
JoeCool JoeCool is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-02-06
Location: Canton
Posts: 1,060
JoeCool is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
It'll be interesting to see how Buckeye fans respond to ESPN's report that through North Carolina's investigation into their football players were selling player exclusive Jordan Brand shoes, they found that the same retailer had possibly purchased some from Michigan players. My guess, that investigation will will be warranted if a few Wolverines get suspended and ESPN was doing a great job of reporting.
I have the same feeling about those players at Michigan and North Carolina that I did with the players at OSU. It was given to them if they want to sell it or trade it I have absolutely no problem with it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #611  
Old 08-11-18, 05:00 AM
nupanther nupanther is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-24-10
Location: Youngstown
Posts: 991
nupanther is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCool View Post
I have the same feeling about those players at Michigan and North Carolina that I did with the players at OSU. It was given to them if they want to sell it or trade it I have absolutely no problem with it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using it
If these student athletes could sell or trade their swag it would be a free for all. Instead of the 50$ handshakes of yesterday, they would give out trinkets and all the players would know which booster or businessman to go to to exchange their trinkets for money or something else of value
Reply With Quote
  #612  
Old 08-11-18, 05:33 AM
JoeCool JoeCool is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-02-06
Location: Canton
Posts: 1,060
JoeCool is on a distinguished road
Yesterday? You dont really think that doesnt happen anymore? Google a story about the "bag man" it's from SEC country but it goes on everywhere.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #613  
Old 08-11-18, 09:41 AM
Heavy Hitter 1 Heavy Hitter 1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-21-04
Posts: 1,239
Heavy Hitter 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob99 View Post
Off another thread
Reply With Quote
  #614  
Old 08-11-18, 10:05 AM
Dale Cooper Dale Cooper is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 06-12-18
Location: Twin Peaks, WA
Posts: 486
Dale Cooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Even if Meyer failed to report the incident, OSU has the right not to punish Meyer at all. However why did OSU ever put Meyer in this position, Meyer is a football coach not a babysitter for his coaches. OSU should have never put that clause about reporting any DV in his contract. I wonder if Saban has a DV clause in his contract ?
All coaches have a similar clause, itís required.
Reply With Quote
  #615  
Old 08-11-18, 11:42 AM
zeeman zeeman is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-11
Location: in a galaxy far far away
Posts: 6,782
zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
Here we go again with this ... Ohio state has 3 current scandals going on in their athletic department. They have plenty of dirt on their history as well

Ohio state and any other school that wins has dirty times and scandals. You aren't above it. The holier than thou crowd of osu fans who ignore this and think they are clean is one big reason osu is hated as a fanbase


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your boy not get an offer from them?
Reply With Quote
  #616  
Old 08-11-18, 01:13 PM
Killer Joe Killer Joe is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-16-16
Posts: 369
Killer Joe is on a distinguished road
The latest word is that it was Tom Herman who gave the tip to McMurphy. Basically someone who had a front row seat to this if it truly happened...
Reply With Quote
  #617  
Old 08-11-18, 01:18 PM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 5,171
Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, McMurphy's reporting is falling apart at the seams and now he can't even protect his sources.

If his career was on life-support before all this, looks like it's about to be DOA.

Also, shout out to Jeff Snook. Some random reporter for a blog is running circles around the rest of the media.
Reply With Quote
  #618  
Old 08-11-18, 02:04 PM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 3,422
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Joe View Post
The latest word is that it was Tom Herman who gave the tip to McMurphy. Basically someone who had a front row seat to this if it truly happened...
Here is a link to the story :
https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...-to-jeff-snook

I guess Texas Tom was upset about losing a recruit to Smith and Meyer

Reply With Quote
  #619  
Old 08-11-18, 02:18 PM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 3,422
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Wow, McMurphy's reporting is falling apart at the seams and now he can't even protect his sources.

If his career was on life-support before all this, looks like it's about to be DOA.

Also, shout out to Jeff Snook. Some random reporter for a blog is running circles around the rest of the media.
I am starting to believe what some posters on OSU forums are saying about ESPN and their network connection with the sec. Make OSU look bad and helps sec with recruiting.
Their were several posters on other forums saying Herman was behind this Shakespearian plot, I thought it was just sour grapes turns out they might be correct.
Reply With Quote
  #620  
Old 08-11-18, 02:47 PM
Dale Cooper Dale Cooper is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 06-12-18
Location: Twin Peaks, WA
Posts: 486
Dale Cooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
I am starting to believe what some posters on OSU forums are saying about ESPN and their network connection with the sec. Make OSU look bad and helps sec with recruiting.
Their were several posters on other forums saying Herman was behind this Shakespearian plot, I thought it was just sour grapes turns out they might be correct.
Texas is in the B12.
Reply With Quote
  #621  
Old 08-11-18, 02:49 PM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 6,933
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Here is a link to the story :
https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...-to-jeff-snook

I guess Texas Tom was upset about losing a recruit to Smith and Meyer
If this were actually true, it would be an all-time snake move and would critically damage Herman's image and credibility in the coaching community, as well as his ability to recruit.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #622  
Old 08-11-18, 02:52 PM
Dale Cooper Dale Cooper is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 06-12-18
Location: Twin Peaks, WA
Posts: 486
Dale Cooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Wow, McMurphy's reporting is falling apart at the seams and now he can't even protect his sources.

If his career was on life-support before all this, looks like it's about to be DOA.

Also, shout out to Jeff Snook. Some random reporter for a blog is running circles around the rest of the media.
I still donít see how this changes things. Hermann looks sleazy af, but the question should still be whether or not Meyer reported the incident.
Reply With Quote
  #623  
Old 08-11-18, 02:58 PM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 5,171
Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
McMurphy's one sided reporting(he's confirmed to have not reached out to anyone beyond Courtney Smith in the family) becomes even more problematic when it's exposed his source for the whole story is a rival coach. That right there should have necessitated way more skepticism regarding the whole story.

Not to mention he attempted to edit a mistake in his story without acknowledgement, which flies in the face of any standard of journalism ethics.
Reply With Quote
  #624  
Old 08-11-18, 02:58 PM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 3,422
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Texas is in the B12.
I know that.
Reply With Quote
  #625  
Old 08-11-18, 03:14 PM
Dale Cooper Dale Cooper is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 06-12-18
Location: Twin Peaks, WA
Posts: 486
Dale Cooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
McMurphy's one sided reporting(he's confirmed to have not reached out to anyone beyond Courtney Smith in the family) becomes even more problematic when it's exposed his source for the whole story is a rival coach. That right there should have necessitated way more skepticism regarding the whole story.

Not to mention he attempted to edit a mistake in his story without acknowledgement, which flies in the face of any standard of journalism ethics.
Iím still not sure how that changes anything. The texts are valid, either Meyer reported the issue or he didnít. Everything else is a misdirect.
Reply With Quote
  #626  
Old 08-11-18, 04:17 PM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 5,171
Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree. However, given that Meyer claims he did report the issue, the media narrative has shifted to whether he should be fired simply for not getting rid of Smith sooner.
Reply With Quote
  #627  
Old 08-11-18, 04:24 PM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 3,422
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
From Doug Lesmeries of The Plain Dealer: https://t.co/cdfL6V28nY

The bottom part of the article is interesting. Looks like someone wanted ZS's past known.
Reply With Quote
  #628  
Old 08-11-18, 05:02 PM
Hammerdrill Hammerdrill is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-28-13
Posts: 1,754
Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
ESPN let go of a lot of big name senior reporters. If they weren't also a tv personality or had their own show then ESPN laid them off. Look at some of the names across all sports and tell me this is false...

Ummm...pretty much everyone who truly follows college football, as well as fellow reporters, respect McMurphy. You don't like him because he reported something negative about Ohio State. Just admit that and move forward.
Wow, now you know the opinions of "everyone who truly follows college football". Are you fer real? No, see, when a so called journalist does what he did, which is change his story, but not tell anyone he is changing it, that is the definition of a terrible journalist. In other words, he reported falsehoods, is that your definition of a good reporter? seriously? You see, those facts actually have nothing to do with me being an Ohio State fan. But you may try and twist it around to somehow fit your false narrative if you like.
Reply With Quote
  #629  
Old 08-11-18, 06:09 PM
Yappi Yappi is offline
Go Buckeyes
 
Join Date: 04-15-01
Location: Ohio
Posts: 54,254
Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
This is interesting from the story:

Quote:
Tips start stories. Tips can come from people who want a wrong to be addressed. Or they can come from people who may gain from a story.

I'll say that several days before McMurphy's first story on Zach Smith appeared on July 23, a Twitter account tagged several reporters, including me, asking why no one had looked into a 2009 Gainesville, Fla., police report on Smith. I followed the account and planned to look into things, but McMurphy beat me to it. He later said on a podcast he'd been working on the story for several weeks.

That account and that tweet have been deleted.
Looks like someone really was out to get him and they have to be sitting back and laughing about how successful they were.
Reply With Quote
  #630  
Old 08-11-18, 08:07 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,828
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Texas is in the B12.
Looked kind of like a new paragraph to me
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Possible trouble in the future for Benson Stadium fleadog101 Football 79 05-30-18 02:51 PM
The Swanton Bill Urban New Years Scuffle Moore75 Tournaments looking for teams, open tournaments, wrestling camps/clubs, etc. 1 12-27-17 07:42 AM
Three reasons Aurora is trouble for Division III, Region 9 Yappi Football 0 08-26-17 12:19 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz