Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-09-18, 03:17 PM
All American

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Tippecanoe 2018 Preview

After going 4-6 in 2017 Tippecanoe is coming off of their first losing season since 2004. They look to bounce back strong with a team that returns a lot of experience from last season as well as a talented sophomore class. Sophomore Troy Taylor will take over as Quarterback and he will be joined in the starting lineup by fellow sophomores Braden Swank (Tackle 6'4 240) and Chad Detwiller (Guard 6'1 200). This team returns 3 All GWOC North players in Tailback Josh Burritt, DE/TE Josh Walland and Tackle Grant Heatherly. This years Tipp team is loaded with experience on the defensive side of the ball and the offensive line. If Tipp is able to find any sort of passing game with Troy Taylor (which I think they will), this team could exceed expectations and finish with a winning record. Tipp drops Trotwood and Fairborn off of the schedule and adds West Carrolton and Stebbins. With away games at Northmont, Troy and Piqua Tipp faces an uphill battle if they want to win more than 7 games. Numbers this year for Tipp look to be consistent with years past sitting between 40 and 50 players sophomore thru seniors. But this years freshman class has had over 35 players come out which I believe is a record at Tipp for one grade.

This will also be the first year on the brand new field turf that was installed this summer, driving by, it looks amazing and the team is excited to be the first team to play on the new field.

Looking at this years team and schedule I can see a 7-3 season, but I can just as easily see a 4-6 season. Much will depend on how the young sophomores contribute and if the team can stay relatively healthy, unlike last year. Any thoughts or predictions?

2018 Schedule
Vs. Bellbrook
Vs. Shawnee
@ Northmont
@ West Carrolton
Vs. Stebbins
@ Troy
Vs. Sidney
@ Greenville
@ Piqua
Vs. Butler

Projected Starters:
Offense
QB- Troy Taylor So. 6' 165
HB- Josh Burritt Sr. 6'1 190* (140 att. 941 yds. 9 TD)
HB- Jackson Yeager Sr. 5'8 175
FB- Cade Beam Jr. 6' 205
WR- Bryce Mcullough Sr. 6' 175*
TE- Josh Walland Sr. 6'1 210* (7 rec. 86 yds. 1 TD)
OT- Grant Heatherly Sr. 6'5 260*
OG- Tyler Altic Sr. 6'2 210*
OC- Sam Hunter Sr. 5'11 290*
OG- Chad Detwiller Soph. 6'1 200
OT- Braden Swank Soph. 6'4 250

Defense
DE- Josh Walland Sr. 6'1 210* (52 tkls. 2 ff. 1 fr)
DT- Grant Heatherly Sr. 6'5 260* (25 tkls. 1 fr)
NT- Chad Detwiller Soph. 6'1 200
DT- Tyler Altic Sr. 6'2 210 (6 tkls. 2 ff)
DE- Mason Doll Sr. 5'11 205 (30 tkls. 1 sack)
LB- Mason Gostomsky Sr. 6' 180* (69 tkls. 1 fr)
LB- Grant Willoughby Jr. 6'1 185
CB- Jackson Martin Sr. 5'10 175
CB- Adam Liskey Sr. 6' 170 (23 tkls. 1 int.)
S- Brad Detwiller Sr. 6' 180* (10 tkls.)
S- open
Other returning contributors
DE- Cade Beam (42 tkls.)
DE- Bryce McCullough (26 tkls. 1 sack)
LB- Jackson Yeager (22 tkls.)
LB- Ben Ambos (14 tkls. 1 sack)
DE- Nik Weethee (19 tkls.)

*Denotes returning starter
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-18, 04:39 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
After going 4-6 in 2017 Tippecanoe is coming off of their first losing season since 2004. They look to bounce back strong with a team that returns a lot of experience from last season as well as a talented sophomore class. Sophomore Troy Taylor will take over as Quarterback and he will be joined in the starting lineup by fellow sophomores Braden Swank (Tackle 6'4 240) and Chad Detwiller (Guard 6'1 200). This team returns 3 All GWOC North players in Tailback Josh Burritt, DE/TE Josh Walland and Tackle Grant Heatherly. This years Tipp team is loaded with experience on the defensive side of the ball and the offensive line. If Tipp is able to find any sort of passing game with Troy Taylor (which I think they will), this team could exceed expectations and finish with a winning record. Tipp drops Trotwood and Fairborn off of the schedule and adds West Carrolton and Stebbins. With away games at Northmont, Troy and Piqua Tipp faces an uphill battle if they want to win more than 7 games. Numbers this year for Tipp look to be consistent with years past sitting between 40 and 50 players sophomore thru seniors. But this years freshman class has had over 35 players come out which I believe is a record at Tipp for one grade.

This will also be the first year on the brand new field turf that was installed this summer, driving by, it looks amazing and the team is excited to be the first team to play on the new field.

Looking at this years team and schedule I can see a 7-3 season, but I can just as easily see a 4-6 season. Much will depend on how the young sophomores contribute and if the team can stay relatively healthy, unlike last year. Any thoughts or predictions?

2018 Schedule
Vs. Bellbrook
Vs. Shawnee
@ Northmont
@ West Carrolton
Vs. Stebbins
@ Troy
Vs. Sidney
@ Greenville
@ Piqua
Vs. Butler

Projected Starters:
Offense
QB- Troy Taylor So. 6' 165
HB- Josh Burritt Sr. 6'1 190* (140 att. 941 yds. 9 TD)
HB- Jackson Yeager Sr. 5'8 175
FB- Cade Beam Jr. 6' 205
WR- Bryce Mcullough Sr. 6' 175*
TE- Josh Walland Sr. 6'1 210* (7 rec. 86 yds. 1 TD)
OT- Grant Heatherly Sr. 6'5 260*
OG- Tyler Altic Sr. 6'2 210*
OC- Sam Hunter Sr. 5'11 290*
OG- Chad Detwiller Soph. 6'1 200
OT- Braden Swank Soph. 6'4 250

Defense
DE- Josh Walland Sr. 6'1 210* (52 tkls. 2 ff. 1 fr)
DT- Grant Heatherly Sr. 6'5 260* (25 tkls. 1 fr)
NT- Chad Detwiller Soph. 6'1 200
DT- Tyler Altic Sr. 6'2 210 (6 tkls. 2 ff)
DE- Mason Doll Sr. 5'11 205 (30 tkls. 1 sack)
LB- Mason Gostomsky Sr. 6' 180* (69 tkls. 1 fr)
LB- Grant Willoughby Jr. 6'1 185
CB- Jackson Martin Sr. 5'10 175
CB- Adam Liskey Sr. 6' 170 (23 tkls. 1 int.)
S- Brad Detwiller Sr. 6' 180* (10 tkls.)
S- open
Other returning contributors
DE- Cade Beam (42 tkls.)
DE- Bryce McCullough (26 tkls. 1 sack)
LB- Jackson Yeager (22 tkls.)
LB- Ben Ambos (14 tkls. 1 sack)
DE- Nik Weethee (19 tkls.)

*Denotes returning starter
Uh, coaches say the number of sophs starters you have will equal the number of your losses for the year. Uh I guess we will see.
Old 08-09-18, 09:50 PM
All Ohio

HomeRunsNDunks is on a distinguished road
I would say 6-4. Losses against Northmont, Troy, Piqua and Butler. Butler is really a toss-up depending on their new coach, and I think that should be a good game barring any injuries to either team. I’m not too familiar with Shawnee or Bellbrook so I admittedly just gave those to Tipp. They will have a solid team as usual...is there any star power? I don’t know much about the Burritt kid...but in Tipp’s past teams they have had a good team and an outstanding player or two (Hall, Prall). I’m not sure if they have that guy this year. Even with Northmont I’d say it’s a pretty favorable schedule (West Carrollton, Stebbins). I think they even have the potential to go 8-2, as the only two games where I think they are a big underdog would be Northmont and Troy. I would say Piqua is the favorite but you never know...the beauty of high school football. Hopefully the kids enjoy the new field.
Old 08-09-18, 11:39 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeRunsNDunks View Post
I would say 6-4. Losses against Northmont, Troy, Piqua and Butler. Butler is really a toss-up depending on their new coach, and I think that should be a good game barring any injuries to either team. Iím not too familiar with Shawnee or Bellbrook so I admittedly just gave those to Tipp. They will have a solid team as usual...is there any star power? I donít know much about the Burritt kid...but in Tippís past teams they have had a good team and an outstanding player or two (Hall, Prall). Iím not sure if they have that guy this year. Even with Northmont Iíd say itís a pretty favorable schedule (West Carrollton, Stebbins). I think they even have the potential to go 8-2, as the only two games where I think they are a big underdog would be Northmont and Troy. I would say Piqua is the favorite but you never know...the beauty of high school football. Hopefully the kids enjoy the new field.
Josh Burritt will be the star of the team, he was close to 1000 years last season and was named an ABC top 22 player. I think your right that they are definitely underdogs against Troy and Northmont. Tipp beat Bellbrook and Shawnee last year pretty handily, but Bellbrook will be very tough this year. They might be the best team in the SWBL.
Old 08-10-18, 08:14 AM
All Region

IcyCoolDevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh, coaches say the number of sophs starters you have will equal the number of your losses for the year. Uh I guess we will see.
Uh, I can support this with a data point of one. I was one of nine sophs that started on an 0-9 team!
Old 08-10-18, 08:54 AM
All District

OHFball10 is on a distinguished road
I see their season playing out like this:

WIN - Vs. Bellbrook
WIN - Vs. Shawnee
LOSS - @ Northmont
WIN - @ West Carrolton
WIN - Vs. Stebbins
LOSS - @ Troy
WIN - Vs. Sidney
WIN - @ Greenville
LOSS - @ Piqua
WIN - Vs. Butler

Losing to Northmont and Troy seem inevitable to me, unless really made huge improvements from last year. Piqua, Butler and Bellbrook are all toss ups in my opinion. Piqua could be the toughest of those 3, so I pegged that one as a loss. Shawnee, Sidney & Greenville are "should win" games to me. It took Sidney having multiple amazing players to squeak by Tipp. And with those players gone, I would expect Tipp to win this time. Shawnee and Greenville are usually just ok, so they should be able to beat them. WC and Stebbins are typically terrible, so those should be walkovers.

That would put Tipp at 7-3, and probably in the playoffs. They may have playoff troubles with having wins over WC & Stebbins, as they will not provide many points. If Bellbrook and Shawnee can combine for a good number of wins, then they may be safely in.
Old 08-10-18, 04:43 PM
All Region

BoomerSooner is on a distinguished road
I would love to see Tipp get back in the playoffs this year, but it's just a different animal with the schedule they're playing now vs what they had year in, year out in the CBC. Never know how those computer points will shake out going into a season, but 7-3 may do the job.

Seems like we should know right away what kind of team they have this season since Bellbrook should be pretty solid.
Old 08-10-18, 05:56 PM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Just got back from watching the band. Based on their uniformity and dedication I would say 6-4 is almost a given, 7-3 an outside possibility.

As for sophomores starting, some are just that good.
Old 08-10-18, 06:02 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
Just got back from watching the band. Based on their uniformity and dedication I would say 6-4 is almost a given, 7-3 an outside possibility.

As for sophomores starting, some are just that good.
Uh, starting sophomores, will get you beat.
Old 08-11-18, 12:36 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Shawnee might be the weakest team on Tipp's schedule this year. I read last week that they only have four seniors out this year. FOUR!!

The Braves had a pretty solid senior class last year with a D1 signee at RB/LB and Tipp still crushed them. Considering all of the youth and inexperience Shawnee will have this year, I'd expect a similar or worse result than last year. Their QB is a tremendous athlete, but I'm not sure that they'll have much else to offer early in the season.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-18, 02:31 PM
All District

HSsportfan is on a distinguished road
How did Tipp look in their scrimmages this week??
Old 08-12-18, 03:41 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSsportfan View Post
How did Tipp look in their scrimmages this week??
Tecumseh didnít score or come close to scoring, but Tipp only scored once themselves. I had forgot to mention junior kicker Ben Sauls who is already receiving interest from UCLA, Kentucky, Cincinnati and some other schools. He is consistently hitting from 50 yards and was the top performer in his class at the Hammer Kicking Academy Top 40. He is probably already the best kicker in the GWOC and will mos definitely be a scholarship player.
Old 08-14-18, 10:17 AM
All District

Quote:
I had forgot to mention junior kicker Ben Sauls who is already receiving interest from UCLA, Kentucky, Cincinnati and some other schools. He is consistently hitting from 50 yards and was the top performer in his class at the Hammer Kicking Academy Top 40. He is probably already the best kicker in the GWOC and will mos definitely be a scholarship player.
Not that it matters, but if a high school football team is only going to have 1 potential high level NCAA D1 player, I would say a kicker is one of the least beneficial positions to have.
Old 08-14-18, 02:15 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHFball10 View Post
Not that it matters, but if a high school football team is only going to have 1 potential high level NCAA D1 player, I would say a kicker is one of the least beneficial positions to have.
Iím not sure I agree with that, especially in high school. Having a kicker that can pin the opposing team back deep on a kickoff gives the kickers team a field advantage. Also Tipp has one games the last couple years because of a good kicker. And when you stall out from the 30 or 40 years line instead of just giving the ball up you get 3 points. Obviously youíd rather have a D1 running back or quarterback but having an elite kicker in high school is only an advantage
Old 08-14-18, 02:33 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Kickoffs that cross the goal line are still an automatic touchback, correct? Having a good kicker makes a huge difference for that reason alone at the high school level. If they can occasionally make a 35-40+ yarder, that's just icing on the cake.

Having an "elite" talent at that spot makes a huge difference in the high school game, IMO.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-18, 10:59 AM
All District

Quote:
I’m not sure I agree with that, especially in high school. Having a kicker that can pin the opposing team back deep on a kickoff gives the kickers team a field advantage. Also Tipp has one games the last couple years because of a good kicker. And when you stall out from the 30 or 40 years line instead of just giving the ball up you get 3 points. Obviously you’d rather have a D1 running back or quarterback but having an elite kicker in high school is only an advantage
I can see what you're saying, but I guess it's just a difference of opinion. If you have a great kicker, but an average rest of the team, I don't think they are put in the position to really make a difference with a game winning FG, or kickoffs for touchbacks that matter as much. Like you mentioned, a QB or RB would obviously make a huge difference multiple times per game.

I do get that this is kind of a silly discussion, and I brought it up. It can be interesting to debate the value of each position specifically at the high school level though.

Last edited by OHFball10; 08-15-18 at 01:27 PM.