Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-09-18, 11:14 AM
All American

C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Week 1: Cuyahoga Hts. @ VASJ 8/23

When: Thursday August 23rd, 2018 7:00pm
Where: Euclid Stadium/Sparky DiBiasio Stadium???

I believe this is the first meeting between Cuyahoga Hts. and VASJ. Cuyahoga is coming off a State Runner Up finish last year and are a very good team all around that could easily put the game away early against VASJ. VASJ is coming off a 4-6 season and 2nd place finish in the NCL White Division under then 1st year HC Bill Sowers. I hope this will be a good game to watch to open the season however I don’t expect it to be close.

My pick: Cuyahoga Hts. by 3TD’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by C'Town216; 08-22-18 at 02:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-18, 12:33 PM
All World

Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
This game is worth going to see just for the stadium. This should take the place as the premiere high school stadium in NE Ohio.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Old 08-09-18, 07:08 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Town216 View Post
Where: New Euclid Panther Stadium

I believe this is the first meeting between Cuyahoga Hts. and VASJ. Cuyahoga is coming off a State Runner Up finish last year and are a very good team all around that could easily put the game away early against VASJ. VASJ is coming off a 4-6 season and 2nd place finish in the NCL White Division under then 1st year HC Bill Sowers. This is also the first VASJ game that will be played at Euclidís brand new stadium as Euclid opened it up with a win over Jackson in the 1st round of the playoffs. I hope this will be a good game to watch to open the season however I donít expect it to be close.

My pick: Cuyahoga Hts. by 3TDís

what do the Heights have coming back? had some big athletic boys last year, but I thought a bunch were seniors
Old 08-09-18, 11:54 PM
All Ohio

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I believe this is the first meeting between Cuyahoga Hts. and VASJ. Cuyahoga is coming off a State Runner Up finish last year and are a very good team all around that could easily put the game away early against VASJ. VASJ is coming off a 4-6 season and 2nd place finish in the NCL White Division under then 1st year HC Bill Sowers. This is also the first VASJ game that will be played at Euclidís brand new stadium as Euclid opened it up with a win over Jackson in the 1st round of the playoffs. I hope this will be a good game to watch to open the season however I donít expect it to be close.

I honestly think you are overestimating Cuyahoga Hts. They lost a lot off of that team from last season. The team they put on the field the last 2 years had some great players, I'm not so sure they have anywhere near the same type of talent coming back. At least that is what I observed during our playoff game with them last year. I wouldn't sell your Vikings short in this one.
Old 08-10-18, 02:53 PM
Freshman

GCCfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:

This game will not be at New Panther Stadium but will be played at sparky
Old 08-10-18, 05:26 PM
All Ohio

fbrox is on a distinguished road
If VASJ is going to get the shaft from Euclid and have to play on what is now a middle school field, they need to relocate home games permanently. They could easily go play on Saturday nights at either Brush, South, Mayfield or even Collinwood. These places would not turn down rent money and concession from VASJ. Don't let Euclid put the screws in you Vikes...
Old 08-11-18, 07:58 AM
All World

There is massive construction going on not only at Euclid High School but on E.222nd as well. There is going to be nowhere to park. They are building a new school on one of the large parking lots and using the other to store construction equipment. The Board of Education, library and Memorial Park lots will fill up quickly. Expect traffic and parking on side streets to be common this season for big games. Going to be a mess. Uber might be the hot ticket.

Old 08-11-18, 08:39 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
There is massive construction going on not only at Euclid High School but on E.222nd as well. There is going to be nowhere to park. They are building a new school on one of the large parking lots and using the other to store construction equipment. The Board of Education, library and Memorial Park lots will fill up quickly. Expect traffic and parking on side streets to be common this season for big games. Going to be a mess. Uber might be the hot ticket.

Parking on the south end of the new stadium and west of Sparky is finishing up paving sometime in the next couple of days weeks? If not park along E. 228th, Ivan, Tracy, E.232nd if need be

Old 08-11-18, 08:42 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCfan View Post

Source? Because last I heard was the SD would strictly use it for Middle school FB games, HS soccer, and track and field only. I have heard Euclid is trying lure Benedictine away from Bedford to play at their new facility as well. And even the News Herald specified it being at Euclid Stadium where it used to specify Sparky DiBiasio. I double checked on Euclidís as well.

Old 08-11-18, 08:48 PM
All American

Quote:

And if that is the case to play at the schools now designated Middle School field, I would call up Mayfield, Mentor, South, North, or Brush for a new tenant. I can understand using both locker rooms bathrooms and concessions at Sparky for VASJ games at the new digs instead of opening HS. Cmon give it some more use and exposure

Old 08-12-18, 09:47 PM
Freshman

Quote:
And if that is the case to play at the schools now designated Middle School field, I would call up Mayfield, Mentor, South, North, or Brush for a new tenant. I can understand using both locker rooms bathrooms and concessions at Sparky for VASJ games at the new digs instead of opening HS. Cmon give it some more use and exposure

You bring up valid points but just because it is designated as a Middle School field doesn't mean it isn't more than capable of hosting Joe's. Assuming it is significantly cheaper to rent.
Old 08-12-18, 09:51 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrox View Post
If VASJ is going to get the shaft from Euclid and have to play on what is now a middle school field, they need to relocate home games permanently. They could easily go play on Saturday nights at either Brush, South, Mayfield or even Collinwood. These places would not turn down rent money and concession from VASJ. Don't let Euclid put the screws in you Vikes...
I don't necessarily think it is Euclid giving them the shaft but could be Euclid not wanting a school that recruits a lot of kids in the Euclid area from playing in their new stadium. May not be a huge impact but something to think about.
Old 08-13-18, 03:26 PM
All American

Quote:
I don't necessarily think it is Euclid giving them the shaft but could be Euclid not wanting a school that recruits a lot of kids in the Euclid area from playing in their new stadium. May not be a huge impact but something to think about.

If that would be the case of why it would kind of be hypocritical considering Rotsky is the biggest offender of recruiting and has been busted multiple times over the years. I guess we will find out in the coming weeks if that Euclid is in fact pushing Joes to Sparky still. Although OHSAA has Euclid playing at Sparky still on their website. Iím going by what the schedules that the NH posted.

Old 08-13-18, 03:29 PM
All American

Update: The new parking lot at Euclid is finished and now open when I drove past. Construction staging is still existing south of the garage at Sparky but little parking available south of Sparkyís end zone as well including at the Library and city hall

Old 08-17-18, 01:50 PM
All American

Keep in mind construction along 222nd is still ongoing making the north bound lane unusable coming from the west from the freeway. Get off at 200th turn left headed north then turn right onto Tracy. Continue straight until you run into the high school and Euclid is on the left. If youíre coming from the east from the freeway, get off at Babbitt and turn left onto 232 then right onto Tracy. Euclid is on the right. Another route you can take coming from the east is getting off at the 222nd exit but turn right onto 228th and continue on 228th until you run into the high schoolís parking lot. I hope this helps for fans going to the game next Thursday night.

Old 08-19-18, 07:26 PM
All World

The story I heard this week is that Euclid is trying to double the rent for home games at the new stadium for the Vikings. I still have not heard if things have been worked out or if the game will be at the old Sparky stadium. I hope that is not the case because many VASJ alum and current families live in Euclid and voted for the proposal to get the new school and stadium. If Euclid in fact tries to play hardball with VASJ after decades of field rental I heard very prominent alums will campaign against any future levy's or school related elections.

Old 08-21-18, 09:30 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
The story I heard this week is that Euclid is trying to double the rent for home games at the new stadium for the Vikings. I still have not heard if things have been worked out or if the game will be at the old Sparky stadium. I hope that is not the case because many VASJ alum and current families live in Euclid and voted for the proposal to get the new school and stadium. If Euclid in fact tries to play hardball with VASJ after decades of field rental I heard very prominent alums will campaign against any future levy's or school related elections.

We wouldnít be in this conundrum had Euclid City Schools went with the original plans of the renovations of Sparky. Instead took out a huge chunk of parking for a new stadium letting the old one rust away with very minimal use and outdated facilities. What they should of done was tear down Sparky, renovate existing concessions and bathrooms and use the plans for the new stadium on that site incorporating those facilities while moving the track to where the new soccer field is in the middle of Memorial Park.

Old 08-22-18, 02:10 PM
All American

Just discovered that Euclid is allowing Gilmour Academy to play Lutheran East at the new stadium in Week 5. So I think its Euclid shafting Joes if they are in fact at Sparky tomorrow.
Old 08-22-18, 02:25 PM
All American

Here is the game preview by the News Herald:http://www.news-herald.com/sports/20..._medium=social
And to point out, the News Herald listed the game being played at "Euclid Community Stadium" not Sparky so who the heck knows anymore...
Old 08-22-18, 10:48 PM
All Region

SNUGGLES is on a distinguished road
game is being played at Sparky.
Old 08-23-18, 10:41 AM
All American

I'll try and provide updates on the game. If not follow @vasjfootball on twitter or @chalktalk for updates
Old 08-23-18, 02:32 PM
All American

Just a heads up, Euclid is hosting a volleyball game tonight, adding to the additional cars that will be in the parking lot

Old 08-23-18, 05:16 PM
All American

Game is at Sparky confirmed. That settles that question. Should be a good game tonight

Old 08-23-18, 07:34 PM
All American

Well my 3 score prediction is right on the spot. 34-12 Cuyahoga leading at half

Old 08-23-18, 10:14 PM
All American

Cuyahoga Hts 54- VASJ 19 Final

Two words.... Youth kills! Lots of young inexperienced players again will be the story.