Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-09-18, 11:14 AM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,652
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Week 1: Cuyahoga Hts. @ VASJ 8/23

When: Thursday August 23rd, 2018 7:00pm
Where: New Euclid Panther Stadium

I believe this is the first meeting between Cuyahoga Hts. and VASJ. Cuyahoga is coming off a State Runner Up finish last year and are a very good team all around that could easily put the game away early against VASJ. VASJ is coming off a 4-6 season and 2nd place finish in the NCL White Division under then 1st year HC Bill Sowers. This is also the first VASJ game that will be played at Euclidís brand new stadium as Euclid opened it up with a win over Jackson in the 1st round of the playoffs. I hope this will be a good game to watch to open the season however I donít expect it to be close.

My pick: Cuyahoga Hts. by 3TDís


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 08-09-18, 12:33 PM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 2,705
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
This game is worth going to see just for the stadium. This should take the place as the premiere high school stadium in NE Ohio.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-09-18, 07:08 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,041
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Town216 View Post
When: Thursday August 23rd, 2018 7:00pm
Where: New Euclid Panther Stadium

I believe this is the first meeting between Cuyahoga Hts. and VASJ. Cuyahoga is coming off a State Runner Up finish last year and are a very good team all around that could easily put the game away early against VASJ. VASJ is coming off a 4-6 season and 2nd place finish in the NCL White Division under then 1st year HC Bill Sowers. This is also the first VASJ game that will be played at Euclidís brand new stadium as Euclid opened it up with a win over Jackson in the 1st round of the playoffs. I hope this will be a good game to watch to open the season however I donít expect it to be close.

My pick: Cuyahoga Hts. by 3TDís


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what do the Heights have coming back? had some big athletic boys last year, but I thought a bunch were seniors
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-09-18, 11:54 PM
Jaws31 Jaws31 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-25-16
Posts: 316
Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Town216 View Post
When: Thursday August 23rd, 2018 7:00pm
Where: New Euclid Panther Stadium

I believe this is the first meeting between Cuyahoga Hts. and VASJ. Cuyahoga is coming off a State Runner Up finish last year and are a very good team all around that could easily put the game away early against VASJ. VASJ is coming off a 4-6 season and 2nd place finish in the NCL White Division under then 1st year HC Bill Sowers. This is also the first VASJ game that will be played at Euclidís brand new stadium as Euclid opened it up with a win over Jackson in the 1st round of the playoffs. I hope this will be a good game to watch to open the season however I donít expect it to be close.

My pick: Cuyahoga Hts. by 3TDís


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I honestly think you are overestimating Cuyahoga Hts. They lost a lot off of that team from last season. The team they put on the field the last 2 years had some great players, I'm not so sure they have anywhere near the same type of talent coming back. At least that is what I observed during our playoff game with them last year. I wouldn't sell your Vikings short in this one.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-10-18, 02:53 PM
GCCfan GCCfan is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-09-17
Posts: 9
GCCfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Town216 View Post
When: Thursday August 23rd, 2018 7:00pm
Where: New Euclid Panther Stadium

I believe this is the first meeting between Cuyahoga Hts. and VASJ. Cuyahoga is coming off a State Runner Up finish last year and are a very good team all around that could easily put the game away early against VASJ. VASJ is coming off a 4-6 season and 2nd place finish in the NCL White Division under then 1st year HC Bill Sowers. This is also the first VASJ game that will be played at Euclidís brand new stadium as Euclid opened it up with a win over Jackson in the 1st round of the playoffs. I hope this will be a good game to watch to open the season however I donít expect it to be close.

My pick: Cuyahoga Hts. by 3TDís


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This game will not be at New Panther Stadium but will be played at sparky
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-10-18, 05:26 PM
fbrox fbrox is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-23-10
Posts: 618
fbrox is on a distinguished road
If VASJ is going to get the shaft from Euclid and have to play on what is now a middle school field, they need to relocate home games permanently. They could easily go play on Saturday nights at either Brush, South, Mayfield or even Collinwood. These places would not turn down rent money and concession from VASJ. Don't let Euclid put the screws in you Vikes...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-11-18, 07:58 AM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 2,705
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
There is massive construction going on not only at Euclid High School but on E.222nd as well. There is going to be nowhere to park. They are building a new school on one of the large parking lots and using the other to store construction equipment. The Board of Education, library and Memorial Park lots will fill up quickly. Expect traffic and parking on side streets to be common this season for big games. Going to be a mess. Uber might be the hot ticket.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-11-18, 08:39 PM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,652
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
There is massive construction going on not only at Euclid High School but on E.222nd as well. There is going to be nowhere to park. They are building a new school on one of the large parking lots and using the other to store construction equipment. The Board of Education, library and Memorial Park lots will fill up quickly. Expect traffic and parking on side streets to be common this season for big games. Going to be a mess. Uber might be the hot ticket.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart


Parking on the south end of the new stadium and west of Sparky is finishing up paving sometime in the next couple of days weeks? If not park along E. 228th, Ivan, Tracy, E.232nd if need be


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-11-18, 08:42 PM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,652
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCfan View Post
This game will not be at New Panther Stadium but will be played at sparky


Source? Because last I heard was the SD would strictly use it for Middle school FB games, HS soccer, and track and field only. I have heard Euclid is trying lure Benedictine away from Bedford to play at their new facility as well. And even the News Herald specified it being at Euclid Stadium where it used to specify Sparky DiBiasio. I double checked on Euclidís as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-11-18, 08:48 PM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,652
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCfan View Post
This game will not be at New Panther Stadium but will be played at sparky


And if that is the case to play at the schools now designated Middle School field, I would call up Mayfield, Mentor, South, North, or Brush for a new tenant. I can understand using both locker rooms bathrooms and concessions at Sparky for VASJ games at the new digs instead of opening HS. Cmon give it some more use and exposure


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-12-18, 09:47 PM
GCCfan GCCfan is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-09-17
Posts: 9
GCCfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Town216 View Post
And if that is the case to play at the schools now designated Middle School field, I would call up Mayfield, Mentor, South, North, or Brush for a new tenant. I can understand using both locker rooms bathrooms and concessions at Sparky for VASJ games at the new digs instead of opening HS. Cmon give it some more use and exposure


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You bring up valid points but just because it is designated as a Middle School field doesn't mean it isn't more than capable of hosting Joe's. Assuming it is significantly cheaper to rent.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-12-18, 09:51 PM
GCCfan GCCfan is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-09-17
Posts: 9
GCCfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrox View Post
If VASJ is going to get the shaft from Euclid and have to play on what is now a middle school field, they need to relocate home games permanently. They could easily go play on Saturday nights at either Brush, South, Mayfield or even Collinwood. These places would not turn down rent money and concession from VASJ. Don't let Euclid put the screws in you Vikes...
I don't necessarily think it is Euclid giving them the shaft but could be Euclid not wanting a school that recruits a lot of kids in the Euclid area from playing in their new stadium. May not be a huge impact but something to think about.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-13-18, 03:26 PM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,652
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCfan View Post
I don't necessarily think it is Euclid giving them the shaft but could be Euclid not wanting a school that recruits a lot of kids in the Euclid area from playing in their new stadium. May not be a huge impact but something to think about.


If that would be the case of why it would kind of be hypocritical considering Rotsky is the biggest offender of recruiting and has been busted multiple times over the years. I guess we will find out in the coming weeks if that Euclid is in fact pushing Joes to Sparky still. Although OHSAA has Euclid playing at Sparky still on their website. Iím going by what the schedules that the NH posted.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-13-18, 03:29 PM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,652
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Update: The new parking lot at Euclid is finished and now open when I drove past. Construction staging is still existing south of the garage at Sparky but little parking available south of Sparkyís end zone as well including at the Library and city hall


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Brankman Report The Brankmen Wrestling 12 03-14-18 08:33 PM
Mid-season Rankings (all three divisions posted 1-4-17 late evening) bucksman Wrestling 32 02-09-18 12:10 AM
2017 Massillon Tiger Football DB135 Massillon Tigers 34 12-26-17 03:06 PM
Preseason Rankings - statewide divisional (2017-18) bucksman Wrestling 18 12-18-17 09:07 AM
Tallmadge 2017 Football Schedules Yappi Tallmadge Blue Devils 24 11-10-17 10:50 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz