Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-10-18, 03:53 PM
All Region

vikes 87 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Rick View Post
8-2 is just that and pretty darn good. Milford hadn't seen that success in awhile. That being said the Vikings open 2-0 then lose to Colerain. Week 4 is big in the battle for the middle of the pack. East will be very good at running the football. Can Princeton stop them from controlling the football?
yes
Old 08-10-18, 04:29 PM
All World

JBaller
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinlewis08 View Post
Fruedian slip??? You mean Murphy, correct? Murphy has struggled at Hamilton but who hasn't?? He's a great guy and like most coaches, very effective when he has consistent talent to coach.

I can see the blue squeaking out 5 or 6 wins this year. Wont be easy but very doable.
Yes, definitely meant Murphy haha.
Old 08-10-18, 04:36 PM
All World

JBaller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Provider View Post
Smoke and Mirrors? LOL..ok. Milford won 2 games in 2016. Hires Grippa and goes 8-2 first year under him and makes the playoffs. I stand by my statement. Grippa will have the ready with a year under his belt and the athletes familiar with his system.
Milford had an excellent QB last year in Blake King. Grippa's offense is very pass heavy, and I'm not sure they are going to be as good at QB this season. They could make it interesting against Princeton, but I think the Vikings have superior talent.
Old 08-11-18, 07:48 AM
All District

2020Dad is on a distinguished road
Did anyone attend the Lakota east LaSalle scrimmage? Observations???

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-18, 08:31 AM
All Yappi

CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
What about Elder/Mason? Saw the highlights on Fox19...seemed like Elder controlled it pretty well. Any other observations?

-CardinalsFan
Old 08-11-18, 09:43 AM
Varsity

scotty99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalsFan View Post
What about Elder/Mason? Saw the highlights on Fox19...seemed like Elder controlled it pretty well. Any other observations?

-CardinalsFan
The score for the 1st string ended up being 28-0 E. Mason scored a TD w/ their starters against Elders backups.
Old 08-11-18, 10:35 AM
All World

The Myth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalsFan View Post

-CardinalsFan
This may be the worst Mason team in quite some time. They certainly pass the eye test but they are extremely slow. I echo what JBaller said. Mason is going to have to run the ball 40-50 times a game and hope the defense gets better. Elder usually gets the better of Mason in this scrimmage but this wasn't even competitive. It seemed like Mason doesn't know where everyone is playing position wise. A lot of kids getting reps on both sides. If Mason ends up 5-5, I would consider that a good season from what I saw last night.

The most impressive thing I saw from Mason was the end of the freshman scrimmage where Mason's Freshman had a QB/Safety who was making a ton of plays and has a cannon. I am curious if Mason pulls him up because they tend to bring the QBs up to JV at least. I know the level of play is different but the varsity and JV QB play last night leaves a lot to be desired.

I expected a bit more from Mason but they have 1 returning starter on offense. Then on defense there are 5 returning starters where 4 of them are on the DL.
Old 08-11-18, 04:22 PM
All Ohio

Vike16 is on a distinguished road
Anybody watch Princeton vs Walnut Hills today
Old 08-12-18, 08:16 AM
All District

TR1982 is on a distinguished road
Princeton's offense looked terrible overall. The QB couldn't make any throws, and the only time they could move the ball was if the qb started to run. However I don't think the princeton Oline will be going against a Briggs all season so that may have had some impact. Look out the first week or two and see how the QB's accuracy is and that will tell you what you need to know about the remainder of their season. The Princeton Defense was NASTY...Very fast and VERY physical.
Old 08-12-18, 08:54 AM
All American

cardinalsin is on a distinguished road
Nothing from Colerain vs Moeller?
Old 08-12-18, 02:32 PM
All Ohio

Tardis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalsin View Post
Nothing from Colerain vs Moeller?
Hard to to take much from it because both sides rotated and subbed so much and it was generally 10 plays back and forth, with a few situational scenarios thrown in.

The 3 series that we mainly 1v.1s was Colerain 2 Moeller 1 but Moeller's score was on a long pass where their 6'2"+ WR just out jumped a 5'9" Colerain CB. Not much sustained for Moeller. Moe QB looked good but rarely had time. Colerain QB looked good and will cause trouble hiding behind Colerain's o-line but wasn't great throwing mostly due to his size.

Biggest Colerain team in a long time on both sides (Eric Phillips may be to big for OLB, looked like a DT playing in space). Moeller looked above average but didn't have any real playmakers except WR #6.

JJ Davis didn't play but didn't have any braces or signs of injury. Syncere Jones went down for a few minutes after non-contact injury but walked off on power. Hopefully not serious.

Ivan Pace was the best player on the field and it will be interesting how they balance using him on offense. Only he and Syncere played a large portion both ways but the younger Pace did line up a few plays at WR and the backup wing backs rotatied in at LB and the other CB position (opposite Jones) in pass D packages.
Old 08-12-18, 02:41 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaller View Post
Milford had an excellent QB last year in Blake King. Grippa's offense is very pass heavy, and I'm not sure they are going to be as good at QB this season. They could make it interesting against Princeton, but I think the Vikings have superior talent.
Uh, that is probably true, but I can tell you the attitude at Milford has totally changed. They played Edgewood and Clinton Massie basically to a draw. Im sure Princeton will be the quickest team Milford will see this season. Game will turn on how Milford reacts to that speed.Milford is a very well coached team, they will not beat themselves.
Old 08-12-18, 04:45 PM
This is the year

gocards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tardis View Post
Hard to to take much from it because both sides rotated and subbed so much and it was generally 10 plays back and forth, with a few situational scenarios thrown in.

The 3 series that we mainly 1v.1s was Colerain 2 Moeller 1 but Moeller's score was on a long pass where their 6'2"+ WR just out jumped a 5'9" Colerain CB. Not much sustained for Moeller. Moe QB looked good but rarely had time. Colerain QB looked good and will cause trouble hiding behind Colerain's o-line but wasn't great throwing mostly due to his size.

Biggest Colerain team in a long time on both sides (Eric Phillips may be to big for OLB, looked like a DT playing in space). Moeller looked above average but didn't have any real playmakers except WR #6.

JJ Davis didn't play but didn't have any braces or signs of injury. Syncere Jones went down for a few minutes after non-contact injury but walked off on power. Hopefully not serious.

Ivan Pace was the best player on the field and it will be interesting how they balance using him on offense. Only he and Syncere played a large portion both ways but the younger Pace did line up a few plays at WR and the backup wing backs rotatied in at LB and the other CB position (opposite Jones) in pass D packages.

Good summary. I would agree with it across the board. Since the players either were without numbers and there was no roster to identify anybody I didn't realize that JJ Davis did not play at all. It shows how deep they are at the skill positions this year that it didn't stall the offense at all. Teams that have tall receivers are going to try to exploit the CB on the one side. He is a good athlete but very short. Who is CB wearing #4?
Old 08-12-18, 08:39 PM
All American

mostchilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1982 View Post
Princeton's offense looked terrible overall. The QB couldn't make any throws, and the only time they could move the ball was if the qb started to run. However I don't think the princeton Oline will be going against a Briggs all season so that may have had some impact. Look out the first week or two and see how the QB's accuracy is and that will tell you what you need to know about the remainder of their season. The Princeton Defense was NASTY...Very fast and VERY physical.
Defense played without its best player, Henry. He will be hard to stop.
Old 08-13-18, 04:39 AM
All American

Muskie3
Middletown scrimmage ?

Any reports from the Middletown vs Nortwest and Middies vs Centerville scrimmages ??
Old 08-13-18, 12:42 PM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocards View Post
Good summary. I would agree with it across the board. Since the players either were without numbers and there was no roster to identify anybody I didn't realize that JJ Davis did not play at all. It shows how deep they are at the skill positions this year that it didn't stall the offense at all. Teams that have tall receivers are going to try to exploit the CB on the one side. He is a good athlete but very short. Who is CB wearing #4?
Agree with both of you. What was interesting was how much pressure was put on the Moeller QB without letting him get hit. The throw and catch that was made by Moeller was well executed no matter who was out there in coverage.
It was a well run scrimmage by both coaches with no down time. Very difficult to tell who is who with similar size players in those Jersey's.
Old 08-13-18, 05:55 PM
All Region

Dale Cooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Myth View Post
This may be the worst Mason team in quite some time. They certainly pass the eye test but they are extremely slow. I echo what JBaller said. Mason is going to have to run the ball 40-50 times a game and hope the defense gets better. Elder usually gets the better of Mason in this scrimmage but this wasn't even competitive. It seemed like Mason doesn't know where everyone is playing position wise. A lot of kids getting reps on both sides. If Mason ends up 5-5, I would consider that a good season from what I saw last night.

The most impressive thing I saw from Mason was the end of the freshman scrimmage where Mason's Freshman had a QB/Safety who was making a ton of plays and has a cannon. I am curious if Mason pulls him up because they tend to bring the QBs up to JV at least. I know the level of play is different but the varsity and JV QB play last night leaves a lot to be desired.

I expected a bit more from Mason but they have 1 returning starter on offense. Then on defense there are 5 returning starters where 4 of them are on the DL.
I’d agree, Mason did not look very strong. Their QB looks the part, but there’s nothing around him.
Old 08-14-18, 09:15 AM
All Yappi

CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
Guessing we will have more to talk about this weekend's scrimmages. How about we list them just to make sure we got them all covered.

Oak Hills @ Colerain - Friday night.

Yeah, so there's that.

-CardinalsFan
Old 08-14-18, 11:58 AM
All Ohio

Who is Princeton scrimmaging
Old 08-14-18, 12:03 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vike16 View Post
Who is Princeton scrimmaging
Who do they miss in the GMC? That's likely who they're scrimmaging.
Old 08-14-18, 12:39 PM
All World

CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Lakota East at Mason on Friday at 7:00--pretty sure as adselder09 said the GMC scrimmages this week are against the one team they don't play in conference.
Old 08-14-18, 01:03 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Who do they miss in the GMC? That's likely who they're scrimmaging.

Thank you
Old 08-14-18, 01:07 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
Lakota East at Mason on Friday at 7:00--pretty sure as adselder09 said the GMC scrimmages this week are against the one team they don't play in conference.
Thank you

Sycamore vs Princeton. I hope its at Viking stadium
Old 08-14-18, 01:31 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
I remember hearing/reading that when they moved to the 8-game league schedule that the final scrimmage would be against the 9th GMC team not on the regular season schedule. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.