Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #361  
Old 08-10-18, 08:58 AM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 5,567
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Yes freshmen and junior classes are loaded.


Good thing too. Sophomore class is severely lacking.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #362  
Old 08-10-18, 12:56 PM
Struthersfan Struthersfan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-20-11
Location: San Jacinto, California
Posts: 2,714
Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Good thing too. Sophomore class is severely lacking.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess it is what it is.
Mixed bag every year.
That particular class could very well be sitting as seniors if they're as you suggest.
Hopefully coaching makes a difference. It seems we have some capable assistant coaches.

Reply With Quote
  #363  
Old 08-10-18, 01:01 PM
Struthersfan Struthersfan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-20-11
Location: San Jacinto, California
Posts: 2,714
Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Ever wonder why there's very little chatter on some of the other 'name' Valley threads?
Very little chatter from Mooney, Boardman, Fitch, Canfield, even Poland.
Non-existent from Ursuline, Campbell, Niles, etc.
Some chatter from Hubbard but nothing like the past.

Mahoning valley interest dying?

Thoughts?


Also, anyone from Struthers going to the scrimmage at WB tomorrow?
Reply With Quote
  #364  
Old 08-10-18, 01:49 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 5,567
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthersfan View Post
Ever wonder why there's very little chatter on some of the other 'name' Valley threads?
Very little chatter from Mooney, Boardman, Fitch, Canfield, even Poland.
Non-existent from Ursuline, Campbell, Niles, etc.
Some chatter from Hubbard but nothing like the past.

Mahoning valley interest dying?

Thoughts?


Also, anyone from Struthers going to the scrimmage at WB tomorrow?


Iím not sure. Some schools really havenít had any. Before we started posting on the huddle, Struthers had like zero Chatter online.

Yes Iíll see the scrimmage tomorrow Iíll post it later on


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #365  
Old 08-10-18, 01:57 PM
Buckeye Elite Buckeye Elite is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-10-14
Location: Struthers ohio
Posts: 1,801
Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Boardman is talked about more then the other schools you mentioned, the good days of all the posters are gone, Niles posters come on when they’re not 2-8, most only
Post when their team
Is good tho
Reply With Quote
  #366  
Old 08-10-18, 02:27 PM
ICBM ICBM is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-16-14
Posts: 244
ICBM is on a distinguished road
I used to post quite a bit back in the Huddle days. It was fun. But it got to be way to much smack and bickering. With a son and grandson soon to be in the Girard program, I have chosen to avoid commenting. I often check in to see what’s going on but I’m better off keeping quiet. I will be at the West Branch scrimmage. Sounds like we may all get a little gage on the season upcoming. Good luck to all and Go Tribe! (The one in Cleveland)
Reply With Quote
  #367  
Old 08-10-18, 04:15 PM
Buckeye Elite Buckeye Elite is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-10-14
Location: Struthers ohio
Posts: 1,801
Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Roll tribe !
Reply With Quote
  #368  
Old 08-11-18, 11:15 AM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 5,567
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Struthers Football 2018

Good things so far!
Reply With Quote
  #369  
Old 08-11-18, 11:51 AM
Struthersfan Struthersfan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-20-11
Location: San Jacinto, California
Posts: 2,714
Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Good things so far!
Elaborate..........
Reply With Quote
  #370  
Old 08-11-18, 12:45 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 5,567
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
No one scored on the cats. Girard didnít move the ball on the cats really at all. The cats scored twice against Girard and once against West Branch. West branch moved the ball a little bit but got nothing. Cats looked very vanilla but thatís to be expected. Played a lot of different guys on offense


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #371  
Old 08-11-18, 12:56 PM
warrior333 warrior333 is online now
All District
 
Join Date: 10-26-12
Posts: 190
warrior333 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
No one scored on the cats. Girard didn’t move the ball on the cats really at all. The cats scored twice against Girard and once against West Branch. West branch moved the ball a little bit but got nothing. Cats looked very vanilla but that’s to be expected. Played a lot of different guys on offense


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wb actually scored 2 on the Girard ! First on a seam route down the middle An the second on a deep fade route. I thought all teams looked aggressive and were pretty evenly match up front in the trenches.

Last edited by warrior333; 08-11-18 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Team error
Reply With Quote
  #372  
Old 08-11-18, 01:53 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 5,567
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Girard struggled running the ball immensely. Not a good sign. Qb didnít run a lot though.

Cats used a few different running backs including a freshman. Kuntz trying to see what he has I guess.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #373  
Old 08-11-18, 02:48 PM
Struthersfan Struthersfan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-20-11
Location: San Jacinto, California
Posts: 2,714
Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
I know it’s only the first scrimmage but the defense sounds awesome.
Sounds rather encouraging though.
Howland will be a good gauge.
I think all three teams have good seasons this year.

Thanks for the updates.
Much appreciated!
Reply With Quote
  #374  
Old 08-11-18, 03:02 PM
Buckeye Elite Buckeye Elite is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-10-14
Location: Struthers ohio
Posts: 1,801
Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
WB surprised me against Girard throwing the ball, couldn’t run on them but threw it well, I liked the set up of the scrimmage a lot.

Brown and chism didn’t carry the ball much for the cats but brown looked good on D, pretty much what I expected in the first scrimmage. I was fine with it. Howland comes to Struthers Thursday I believe
Reply With Quote
  #375  
Old 08-11-18, 04:02 PM
Struthersfan Struthersfan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-20-11
Location: San Jacinto, California
Posts: 2,714
Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Howland comes to Struthers Thursday I believe
Thursday is correct. Is showing a 7:00 pm start on Arbiter.

http://arbiterlive.com/Teams/Schedule/4833104
Reply With Quote
  #376  
Old 08-11-18, 04:51 PM
warrior333 warrior333 is online now
All District
 
Join Date: 10-26-12
Posts: 190
warrior333 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
WB surprised me against Girard throwing the ball, couldnít run on them but threw it well, I liked the set up of the scrimmage a lot.

Brown and chism didnít carry the ball much for the cats but brown looked good on D, pretty much what I expected in the first scrimmage. I was fine with it. Howland comes to Struthers Thursday I believe
Wb Qb is a sophomore. He actually runs the ball equally as well . He seemed to perform much better after the first series.
The cats detinatly had some Noticeable speed on the field.
I thought the cats and Wb were the two best teams on the feild.
Reply With Quote
  #377  
Old 08-11-18, 05:42 PM
Struthersfan Struthersfan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-20-11
Location: San Jacinto, California
Posts: 2,714
Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior333 View Post
Wb Qb is a sophomore. He actually runs the ball equally as well . He seemed to perform much better after the first series.
The cats detinatly had some Noticeable speed on the field.
I thought the cats and Wb were the two best teams on the feild.
Get used to Struthers; no longer a scrimmage starting next year.
Two year contract and hopefully continues for a long time.

Good luck to WB this year!

Reply With Quote
  #378  
Old 08-11-18, 10:37 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 5,567
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
The offense did look good for his vanilla it was. Not a lot under center which is interesting for the cats. The defense is what Iím really excited about. They played fast and physical. Girard couldnít move the ball And I feel they have a good offense. West branch moved it some, but nothing major and we picked them as well. All good things for the cats today. I donít know if Girard was very vanilla or not, but I feel they will need something other than waid this year. Their defense was ok- but needs to improve to get to where they were last season.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #379  
Old 08-12-18, 12:15 PM
Buckeye Elite Buckeye Elite is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-10-14
Location: Struthers ohio
Posts: 1,801
Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Most people said in the off-season we didn’t have any team speed, I think it’s significantly more speed then last season
Reply With Quote
  #380  
Old 08-12-18, 12:47 PM
Struthersfan Struthersfan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-20-11
Location: San Jacinto, California
Posts: 2,714
Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Most people said in the off-season we didnít have any team speed, I think itís significantly more speed then last season
This is going to be an exciting year for the Cats.
First kickoff in less than two weeks.

Reply With Quote
  #381  
Old 08-12-18, 02:15 PM
Struthers wildcat Struthers wildcat is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 06-11-16
Posts: 262
Struthers wildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthersfan View Post
This is going to be an exciting year for the Cats.
First kickoff in less than two weeks.

I am very excited for the season to start . I think the cats will surprise a lot of people this year .
Reply With Quote
  #382  
Old 08-12-18, 03:11 PM
BTrev BTrev is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-02-14
Location: Struthers, Ohio
Posts: 1,015
BTrev is on a distinguished road
I have no idea who Girard has besides Wade, Clardy (RB), and Gump (OL/DL). The latter 2 are Juniors, so we'll see them again in 2019.
And the home and home with WB sounds like a good pickup. Especially if their young QB pans out.

Should be an exciting Fall!
I didn't know that the Howland scrimmage was at Laddie J, so I may check that out.

I like the additions of Lakeside, WB, Girard, and South Range. And I'm glad that Liberty, Edgewood, and Campbell are coming off the schedule. I know tradition is there for Liberty and Campbell, especially with Campbell, but sometimes you just need to turn the page.
Looking forward to the NE8... I'll probably attend a good amount of hoops games this winter, both boys and girls.
Reply With Quote
  #383  
Old 08-12-18, 04:31 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 5,567
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Campbell is a waste of a week now. They are like a city school in terms of team skill and the fans they bring to the game. We arenít making as much money as we would off of a west branch or literally anyone else. I will bet that lakeside brings more fans. As sad as that is. Considering how it used to be.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #384  
Old 08-12-18, 10:40 PM
BTrev BTrev is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-02-14
Location: Struthers, Ohio
Posts: 1,015
BTrev is on a distinguished road
Right. It's a shame... Campbell's youth teams have been pretty tough, and even their Jr High teams have been pretty good recently. But something happens when they get to high school. I'm hoping their new HC can get them turned around, but it'll probably take a few years.
I don't think this is the end of the rivalry just yet... but there's no reason to schedule them before they prove they can contend in the AAC again.

Maybe OE would benefit Campbell? I'm surprised that they haven't tried that route yet. I see how it could backfire and be a detriment, though.
Reply With Quote
  #385  
Old 08-13-18, 12:01 AM
Buckeye Elite Buckeye Elite is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-10-14
Location: Struthers ohio
Posts: 1,801
Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
I don’t see them fielding a team in 5 years in all honesty. Numbers are way down as it is, I would imagine a lot are ineligible as well
Reply With Quote
  #386  
Old 08-13-18, 12:09 AM
Struthersfan Struthersfan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-20-11
Location: San Jacinto, California
Posts: 2,714
Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
I donít see them fielding a team in 5 years in all honesty. Numbers are way down as it is, I would imagine a lot are ineligible as well
Amazing to think just exactly how low theyíve gone.
No interest, no fan support.
On serious life support.

Sad!
Reply With Quote
  #387  
Old 08-13-18, 11:55 AM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 5,567
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTrev View Post
Right. It's a shame... Campbell's youth teams have been pretty tough, and even their Jr High teams have been pretty good recently. But something happens when they get to high school. I'm hoping their new HC can get them turned around, but it'll probably take a few years.
I don't think this is the end of the rivalry just yet... but there's no reason to schedule them before they prove they can contend in the AAC again.

Maybe OE would benefit Campbell? I'm surprised that they haven't tried that route yet. I see how it could backfire and be a detriment, though.


OE would be the official end of Campbell I think. I think the rivalry is dead. They will continue to shrink. If they did add OE, the rivalry wouldnít be there anymore anyways. It would be interesting to see how much their school would grow. As a Struthers fan I am fine with Poland and Hubbard as our two rivals going forward.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #388  
Old 08-13-18, 12:13 PM
Struthersfan Struthersfan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-20-11
Location: San Jacinto, California
Posts: 2,714
Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
OE would be the official end of Campbell I think. I think the rivalry is dead. They will continue to shrink. If they did add OE, the rivalry wouldnít be there anymore anyways. It would be interesting to see how much their school would grow. As a Struthers fan I am fine with Poland and Hubbard as our two rivals going forward.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A lot has transpired since the old SVC days. Those days are long gone. Most young people in Struthers have little idea of what the rivalry with Campbell once was. And they could care less, justifiably so.

Things change, times change.
We've adjusted to the teams we now play and of course have pretty good rivalries with both Hubbard and Poland. Our rivalry with Hubbard is probably the longest rivalry we have from current rivals.
The NE8 is actually a very good fit all around. Don't see much change enrollment-wise in most of the schools. However Poland looks to take a serious hit in the near future if enrollment levels in the lower grades are an indication.

Campbell is long gone and the rivalry is officially dead. Their programs are on life-support. There's no reason for anyone in town, including old timers, to keeping the game on the schedule. It's toast.

I'm happy with our schedules as they will be changing to. Our program is doing pretty good not only in football but in most sports.
Too bad Campbell can't say the same thing.

11 days to go til Liberty.
Almost here fellas.

Go Cats!
Reply With Quote
  #389  
Old 08-13-18, 12:31 PM
Buckeye Elite Buckeye Elite is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-10-14
Location: Struthers ohio
Posts: 1,801
Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
And south range is just getting bigger and bigger
Reply With Quote
  #390  
Old 08-13-18, 12:38 PM
warrior333 warrior333 is online now
All District
 
Join Date: 10-26-12
Posts: 190
warrior333 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthersfan View Post
A lot has transpired since the old SVC days. Those days are long gone. Most young people in Struthers have little idea of what the rivalry with Campbell once was. And they could care less, justifiably so.

Things change, times change.
We've adjusted to the teams we now play and of course have pretty good rivalries with both Hubbard and Poland. Our rivalry with Hubbard is probably the longest rivalry we have from current rivals.
The NE8 is actually a very good fit all around. Don't see much change enrollment-wise in most of the schools. However Poland looks to take a serious hit in the near future if enrollment levels in the lower grades are an indication.

Campbell is long gone and the rivalry is officially dead. Their programs are on life-support. There's no reason for anyone in town, including old timers, to keeping the game on the schedule. It's toast.

I'm happy with our schedules as they will be changing to. Our program is doing pretty good not only in football but in most sports.
Too bad Campbell can't say the same thing.

11 days to go til Liberty.
Almost here fellas.

Go Cats!
West Branch is scrimmaging Liberty this Friday night under the light in a Game situation format . I'll give you my 2 cents on how they look compaired to the Cats scrimmage last Saturday . I dont know what to expect of them at all .
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Canton McKinley Bulldogs Football Season IUDOGS Football 330 08-17-18 02:41 PM
Wolverine-Buckeye tournaments - Over 1,000 entries for 2018 already Wolverine-Buckeye TC Baseball 0 12-28-17 11:21 PM
D VII State Semifinal: St. Paul (13-0) vs Minster (9-4) EagleFan Football 130 11-27-17 08:26 PM
Challenge Game (9/22): Struthers (4-0) at Canfield (4-0) Spread All Day Football 160 09-23-17 10:49 AM
Barberton: A Coaching Legacy frecriss Barberton Magics 16 06-18-17 07:07 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz