Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-08-18, 08:25 PM
Junior Varsity

Bucksfan1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copley King View Post
You gotta be kidding he was in the 8th grade...If that's the case then half of the areas good players from the 2021 class would have to sit from Wandsworth to Ellet and damn near every school In between...Hoban Haters need to Quit....SMH.... And I don't even have a dog in the fight....
Címon Ollison. U do have a dog in the fight.
Old 08-08-18, 11:47 PM
All District

Copley King is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucksfan1 View Post
C’mon Ollison. U do have a dog in the fight.
Ollison,great kid good student athlete.... I hear he's looking pretty good and has worked hard in the weight room in the off season, he should have a breakout season as a sophomore....And yes I know him from Copley...
Old 08-09-18, 07:23 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
I thought that the "I don't even have a dog in the fight" followed by the "Go Knights" was a bit inconsistent. LOL.
Old 08-09-18, 09:21 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I thought that the "I don't even have a dog in the fight" followed by the "Go Knights" was a bit inconsistent. LOL.
Hey,Hey,Hey now, so i cant be a loyal Copley Indian fan and show some love for the "Knights".... 😁
Old 08-09-18, 09:42 AM
All Ohio

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Many new faces and names To be looking for. Ollison, Stallworth, Peterson, Threadgill, Mogerle (Basketball player) WR, Big Walt JR OL 6-4 375, Mick, and several other Soph’s that lettered as freshman on Special teams. Sr Saahir back from injury too.

Defensively will be somewhat younger but very fast. Trademark of the past 3 years.
Offense. Massive line. 4 backs 200lb plus each. Returning QB and a couple of WR (Tipton and Clark) plus some newcomers from other sports that decided to get on board.
Old 08-10-18, 12:11 PM
All Ohio

cchs1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Any word on today’s game with Toledo Central Catholic?
Old 08-10-18, 12:32 PM
All Ohio

Hoban had 2-0 scores 1’s vs 1’s. TCC scored on a red zone drill. Pretty Vanilla scrimmage, not wanting to show much to anyone. Both Hoban QB’s took snaps and looked equally good hitting a few here and there. About what was expected. TCC is solid and will give Avon all it wants in November.
Old 08-10-18, 01:24 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
Hoban had 2-0 scores 1’s vs 1’s. TCC scored on a red zone drill. Pretty Vanilla scrimmage, not wanting to show much to anyone. Both Hoban QB’s took snaps and looked equally good hitting a few here and there. About what was expected. TCC is solid and will give Avon all it wants in November.
Pretty good assessment, I couldn't have put it better myself.....
Old 08-10-18, 02:03 PM
All Ohio

Redwing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Pretty much it in a nut shell. Hoban was definitely trying to get their QB's & WR's some work, I think they know what they can do in the run game. Defense was missing a couple of senior starters, but I think it will be a work in progress. They're replacing quite a few physical, impact players in the front 7.
Old 08-14-18, 02:47 PM
All Ohio

bkmk1 is on a distinguished road
I know I asked awhile back and got no confirmation at all. So I figured I'd ask again since we are getting closer to week 1 kickoffs. Is the Hoban QB (Hamm) going to miss the Ignatius game for playing in some sort of All-Star game as an 8th grader??????
Old 08-14-18, 03:10 PM
All American

hsfan60 is on a distinguished road
Wow, now we have Time Police?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan222 View Post
Traveling outside the country for work.
Most equipment nowadays update to the time zone your in, don't they?
Old 08-14-18, 08:53 PM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hoban had 2-0 scores 1ís vs 1ís. TCC scored on a red zone drill. Pretty Vanilla scrimmage, not wanting to show much to anyone. Both Hoban QBís took snaps and looked equally good hitting a few here and there. About what was expected. TCC is solid and will give Avon all it wants in November.
Avon has dealt with Toledo CC in past playoffs, and it will definitely be a tough game should it occur. Itís likely to be the R6 final, and TCC is an excellent program. Well coached and always talented.

Good luck to the Knights in 2018!
Old 08-15-18, 07:36 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmk1 View Post
I know I asked awhile back and got no confirmation at all. So I figured I'd ask again since we are getting closer to week 1 kickoffs. Is the Hoban QB (Hamm) going to miss the Ignatius game for playing in some sort of All-Star game as an 8th grader??????
Just off the wire,LeBron James will have to sit out the first two game as a Los Angeles Laker because they found out he played a pick up game with his son in the basement.....😂😂😂😂😂...Know really!!!
Old 08-15-18, 08:20 PM
All Region

hoban2020 is on a distinguished road
Hoban 2018

Quote:
Just off the wire,LeBron James will have to sit out the first two game as a Los Angeles Laker because they found out he played a pick up game with his son in the basement........Know really!!!

bjmk1ís question is valid and nobody has answered him either way. Someone speculated the kid will have to sit a game because of this 8th grade game in which he played, but then crickets from those who seem to know a lot because they have/had sons playing on the team or are otherwise an insider.

Donít we have enough guys in this group who are inside the program who know the answer if Hobanís QB will play vs Ignatius or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-18, 09:49 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoban2020 View Post
bjmk1ís question is valid and nobody has answered him either way. Someone speculated the kid will have to sit a game because of this 8th grade game in which he played, but then crickets from those who seem to know a lot because they have/had sons playing on the team or are otherwise an insider.

Donít we have enough guys in this group who are inside the program who know the answer if Hobanís QB will play vs Ignatius or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really don't think it's a valid question.... If you look it's been answered many times, he was in the 8th grade and over 80 kids from that class played in that game... If it's all about the MKU All-star game...but then again what would I know " I don't have a dog in the fight"...
Old 08-16-18, 07:27 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Seems like a pretty valid and relevant question as it involves the starting quarterback of the subject of the thread, playing in the first game of the season. I don't get the odd deflection, distraction and avoidance. Seems like a simple yes or no.
Old 08-16-18, 07:39 AM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Seems like a pretty valid and relevant question as it involves the starting quarterback of the subject of the thread, playing in the first game of the season. I don't get the odd deflection, distraction and avoidance. Seems like a simple yes or no.
The answer SHOULD be "no". If it is a rule, then it's an idiotic one. And if it is a rule, then this appears to be a serious case of selective enforcement.
Old 08-16-18, 07:44 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
The answer SHOULD be "no". If it is a rule, then it's an idiotic one. And if it is a rule, then this appears to be a serious case of selective enforcement.
Agreed. Silly rule.
Old 08-16-18, 12:25 PM
All Region

hoban2020 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thank you, Clark.

I just want someone on the inside who knows/hears about this stuff to confirm that the speculation was fake news. Or the other way.

A reply like "My son is on the team and the coach tells us that the suspension rumor is false and the kid is fully working with the first team" would suffice. Or "OHSAA still hasn't decided, so the backup QB is getting more reps with the 1's because we might be going to need him next Thursday"
Old 08-16-18, 01:35 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Thanks Clarkgriswold and others that have supported me simply asking the question if the QB is playing or if he has to sit. I also have no dog in the fight. I come from Erie, PA which is 2 hours every week on Friday and some Saturdays picking the weekly best games to see. Its a long way to go see HS football and I have been planning on attending the Hoban vs. Ignatius game. I had been reading that the QB may be ineligible to play that game and as someone driving 2 hours there and 2 hours back, I DON'T think it is an unreasonable question. And if you are Hoban people bashing me for simply asking if it is true or not, your Christian values and character need to be looked at. Helping others is a core belief and a reflection of ones character. That is definitely lacking from some to say the least. So thanks to the supporters of my question, and the rest can just ignore the question if it bothers you that much. I guess I will just wait and find out 8/25 when I am sitting at Byers Field. Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-16-18, 04:23 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmk1 View Post
Thanks Clarkgriswold and others that have supported me simply asking the question if the QB is playing or if he has to sit. I also have no dog in the fight. I come from Erie, PA which is 2 hours every week on Friday and some Saturdays picking the weekly best games to see. Its a long way to go see HS football and I have been planning on attending the Hoban vs. Ignatius game. I had been reading that the QB may be ineligible to play that game and as someone driving 2 hours there and 2 hours back, I DON'T think it is an unreasonable question. And if you are Hoban people bashing me for simply asking if it is true or not, your Christian values and character need to be looked at. Helping others is a core belief and a reflection of ones character. That is definitely lacking from some to say the least. So thanks to the supporters of my question, and the rest can just ignore the question if it bothers you that much. I guess I will just wait and find out 8/25 when I am sitting at Byers Field. Have a great day everyone!
Awww, Now you done made me feel bad...."Why so serious"....
Old 08-16-18, 07:33 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Awww, Now you done made me feel bad...."Why so serious"....
1. I'm sure you feel just fine cause football is right around the corner!
2. "So serious"? I would say the only thing I am serious about when it comes to Yappi and HS football is getting on I90 and heading west to see awesome Ohio HS football games for the next 15 weeks!. And travel quite a ways to do it.
Old 08-16-18, 09:30 PM
All District

To be totally honest from the way it looks Mick is the truth...Like I've been saying for the last few months now, Jordan Mick is a special talent and the world will see come Game time August 25, He looked great at today's scrimmage along with Clark and Chip the young knights Stallworth and Ollison looked pretty soild as well.... "And I don't even have a dog in the fight"...
Old 08-16-18, 09:35 PM
All Ohio

Bobby77 is on a distinguished road
The sophomore QB will be starting against Iggy. I know this for sure.
Old 08-16-18, 10:05 PM
All World

LeopardNation is on a distinguished road
Varsity Scrimmage: Archbishop Hoban 21, Louisville 10, 1 Half

Louisville Leopards at Archbishop Hoban Knights Football Scrimmage Video Highlights

If anyone has a full Hoban Roster, please send to louisvilleleopards.org@gmail.com and I can include your players in the write up as well!

Good luck this season on your quest for a 4-peat!
Old 08-16-18, 10:57 PM
All Ohio

I will be surprised if Hoban seriously threatens Iggy. Second year in a row with a young QB taking his 1st varsity snaps week 1 against an elite D1 program, plus the Knights have injury issues with a couple of very important veteran starters on D.
Old 08-17-18, 05:53 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
To be totally honest from the way it looks Mick is the truth...Like I've been saying for the last few months now, Jordan Mick is a special talent and the world will see come Game time August 25, He looked great at today's scrimmage along with Clark and Chip the young knights Stallworth and Ollison looked pretty soild as well.... "And I don't even have a dog in the fight"...
I hope your right. Experience tells me that Louisville in a scrimmage isnít IGGY on the big stage of Byers field opening night. IGGY will blitz all night and make the young QB and his receivers make some plays. While he looked good last night I wouldnít get too excited about completing some passes against a mediocre D3 team. Our run game was less than impressive last night but that may be by design. Coach T is a master of making the other team prepare for 1 thing and then going total opposite. A la Winton Woods. Defense was vulnerable against the short passes as expected with young secondary, that concerns me more than anything. They will improve each week and will not look the same in week 11-15. Congrats to young Mick, always been a fan, but donít be surprised to see #10 the following week at Mooney.
Old 08-17-18, 07:15 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
I hope your right. Experience tells me that Louisville in a scrimmage isnít IGGY on the big stage of Byers field opening night. IGGY will blitz all night and make the young QB and his receivers make some plays. While he looked good last night I wouldnít get too excited about completing some passes against a mediocre D3 team. Our run game was less than impressive last night but that may be by design. Coach T is a master of making the other team prepare for 1 thing and then going total opposite. A la Winton Woods. Defense was vulnerable against the short passes as expected with young secondary, that concerns me more than anything. They will improve each week and will not look the same in week 11-15. Congrats to young Mick, always been a fan, but donít be surprised to see #10 the following week at Mooney.
The run game is going to miss big #55 at C, especially week 1 vs that D line. They don't really have great options at that position.
Old 08-17-18, 03:29 PM
All District

Quote:
IGGY does not have all the talent it usually has,but they are well coached....As far as Hobans defense the coordinator has his hands full with all the young knights on the field, but watching them scrimmage Louisville it's nothing he can't fix by Saturday night....I seen more mental mistakes then anything... Sould be a good game, but Knights by 10...."And don't even have a dog in the fight"....😉
Old 08-17-18, 03:50 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
This smells like either egg on your face or trolling crap. You can ask LeBron which Qb is playing. (see your post #201). Oh that's right, he left again.

Last edited by bkmk1; 08-17-18 at 04:30 PM.