Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-10-18, 07:16 AM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the hot tip.

Jase Bowen accounted for about 75% offensive production for the Irish last year. He did everything. Jet sweeps, direct snap wildcat, downfield passes, drove the bus, etc.

If they looked good against two quality opponents without Bowen that means they have clearly found other weapons and figured out ways to exploit those weapons.

As a Toledo Whitmer fan this scares me.
Old 08-10-18, 08:40 AM
All Ohio

cchs1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
As a Toledo Whitmer fan this scares me.
Nothing on Cherry should scare anybody from Panther Nation. Whitmer suits up two national recruits at the two most important positions, QB & DE. Add in future superstar Walling and Whitmer should be playing in early December.
Old 08-10-18, 11:46 AM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
I know who the kid and what he does, my point is that it's not surprising to me knowing the overall talent level they have. It was a compliment. They should have a GREAT season from what I hear.
Old 08-10-18, 11:48 AM
All World

Whitmer will have to be better on defense to win the region , and they probably will be. How many guys back on defense? Nothing to NOT really like about their QB , kid is a force.
Old 08-11-18, 12:30 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchs1983 View Post
Nothing on Cherry should scare anybody from Panther Nation. Whitmer suits up two national recruits at the two most important positions, QB & DE. Add in future superstar Walling and Whitmer should be playing in early December.
The Irish ALWAYS scare me and this year is no different.
Old 08-11-18, 12:32 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Whitmer will have to be better on defense to win the region , and they probably will be. How many guys back on defense? Nothing to NOT really like about their QB , kid is a force.
Dline is the strong point with 3 returning starters. Aside from that both corners return so they have 5 returners. The entire backing corps, DTs, and safeties need to be replaced which makes it tough. They will have talent but if they are ever to hit a stride it probably will not be until weeks 6 or 7.
Old 08-12-18, 03:58 PM
Junior Varsity

Hillibuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post

4} Bradley - up and coming program no doubt , may take over Hilliard going forward. Davidson will be pumped up to stop them no doubt but i like Bradley's strength and size , QB? Questions , have enough back to do some damage and i don't see anyone in their league beating them.
After watching Bradley in scrimmages against Dayton Northmont and Marysville it looks like they will be fine at the QB position. Senior who has bided his time behind transfers and looks like he is ready to take over the position. Bradley also has a good stable of receivers to throw to. Run game doesn't seem to be up to snuff yet but the tools are there and should come around.

Defensively the front 7 has looked really strong - teams should struggle to run the ball consistently against them...good size and strength. Biggest question mark right now seems to be the defensive backfield with only one returning starter from last season. If they can get that figured out they should have a good season. First four games should tell a lot with Findlay, Stow-Monroe, Hilliard Davidson and Hilliard Darby on the docket.
Old 08-12-18, 04:19 PM
All World

Yes the reason I like Bradley at 4 to start the season is their front seven . Like their LB'S . Their passing scheme and game is well oiled and effective . Now Marysville is fading as a program, not a test whatsoever for Bradley , BUT the Jags are now a solid consistent program after getting close to this level they appear here to stay?

Pickerington's have the most physical talent and best football demographics , the next few are really close to each other , and on a given day they can beat each other. Davidson isn't vintage Davidson but they will be one of the most improved teams in this area no question . I think they make the play-offs and that's not easy in R-3 .

Davidson game will be really close , but I like Bradley's passing game vs HD that's where it seems you need to attack the Cats because they have the LB'S who are three year starters in Annis and Royer , and they have nice guys lining up outside in Keys and Ezrim . Secondary? We'll see, they should run the ball better probably averaging a full yard or so more per carry than last year staying on schedule more of the time .

Darby ? Not sure abut them. I was talking about them to someone recently and remembered the 2007 team that played Coffman in the Regional final and the passing game they had with Northwestern Slot receiver playing QB {Ebert } and the nice receivers they had and a very good back in Richeson . Different animal and style back then . Coffman had to use al of their bullets to pull away from the Panthers . Stoneburner Fairchild and Stoudt were on top of their games and they needed all of it to win that sucker.

Darby now? Offense can be painful to watch really at times. Dynamic then, the school split hurt them badly . They recovered and have won a lot of ball games grinding out wins against many teams with more talent.

Coach has bene outspoken in his disdain for kids quitting the sport. I get the frustration, as this is just a different time. Kids who football was their second or third sport even didn't mind being second string in football , they just wanted to be part of it and of course they worked to become a starter .

Now ? They say they will work on their main sport during football season and some don'[t really do that , they just don't play football in many cases . It's hard , it isn't for everyone . Easier and less painful to sit in the stands .
Old 08-12-18, 04:52 PM
Junior Varsity

Hillibuck is on a distinguished road
Agree on Davidson being a much improved team from last year. Strong senior class, good front 7 on defense and 8 returning starters on offense. They will be a handful for anyone this season and Coach White will definitely have them fired up to take down Bradley who has beaten them the past two seasons.

Glad you brought up that 2007 Darby team...they were very very good. Ebert was a stud and was hard to deal with. That was a fun team to watch...as was that Coffman team with Stoudt at QB.

Today's Darby is not the same but they are still a dangerous team. Their style is not fun to play against and they can beat anyone on any given night. Bradley will have their hands full in that game but fortunately Darby (and Davidson's) offense plays into Bradley's strength.
Old 08-12-18, 04:57 PM
All World

Always have a lot of respect for Darby and their work ethic toughness and they win games. Excellent program that grinds out wins and plays as hard as anyone .
Old 08-12-18, 05:01 PM
All World

Great point H-Buck , that's the key the Match up , Bradley would want Davidson to line up and run it at them, they welcome that with their personnel .

I think Davidson just may throw it a few more times this year in certain games . Coffman 's run defense with their really strong LB crew and Nose guy was a perfect match-up vs Davidson last year and in the play-off game in 2016 after making adjustments , Cats hit a few big plays in the pass game that made it a real nailbiter . I know Cats hit a big pass play vs Bradley last year but couldn't stop the Bradley passing game , I think the match-up favors Bradley but closer than last year for sure.
Old 08-12-18, 05:58 PM
Freshman

Steelers24 is on a distinguished road
How’d the Scrimmage on Saturday go?
Old 08-12-18, 06:11 PM
All World

I was hoping to hear from some reliable sources, I wasn't back in town until about 2 O'clock yesterday , the first DeSales scrimmage I have missed .