Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
Girard by 15+ 1 2.50%
Girard by 8-14 0 0%
Girard by 1-7 5 12.50%
Youngstown East by 1-7 17 42.50%
Youngstown East by 8-14 13 32.50%
Youngstown East by 15+ 4 10.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-18, 10:47 PM
All Ohio

ICBM is on a distinguished road
Week 11. Girard at East.

First question. Will this game be played at Rayen. Can that stadium hold a playoff crowd. I guess 3000-4000 people.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-18, 10:49 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
YSU is away so Stambaugh would conceivably be an option. I hope it’s at Rayen though
Old 10-26-18, 10:49 PM
All World

BHSspartans13 is on a distinguished road
The stadium can hold 5 or 6K easily I think. And East would be silly to surrender a home game. Sell the place out, make Girard uncomfortable.
Old 10-26-18, 10:54 PM
All Ohio

YTOWN is on a distinguished road
Well wherever its played I'll be there. As an old City Series guy I'll be rooting for East. Good luck to both teams. Hoping for a hard fought injury-free game.

GO GOLDEN BEARS!!!!
Old 10-26-18, 11:01 PM
All Ohio

All seats still on one side?
Haven’t been there since I saw Roger Stabauch rout Dike Beedes’ side saddle Penguins back in the 60s.
Old 10-26-18, 11:02 PM
All World

BHSspartans13 is on a distinguished road
Yes...seats on one side.

This is practically a neutral site game. Rayen Stadium is pretty close to equidistant between the two schools.
Old 10-26-18, 11:04 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Week 11. Girard at East.

The grass I would think screws with Girard a little bit already being slower than east. I got east winning this game by a few scores. If east is dumb and moves it to stambaugh, they have a chance to lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-18, 11:06 PM
All Ohio

If it gets muddy, it’ll slow East. What the field conditions. Any grass left? It’s been raining forever.
Old 10-26-18, 11:07 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICBM View Post
If it gets muddy, itíll slow East. What the field conditions. Any grass left? Itís been raining forever.

Oh yeah itíll slow them both. But if east is already much faster....

Do they play little league games at rayen these days? Might not help the field

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-18, 11:08 PM
All Ohio

YTOWN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
All seats still on one side?
Havenít been there since I saw Roger Stabauch rout Dike Beedesí side saddle Penguins back in the 60s.
I was at that game. Still have the program. Rayen had seats on both sides and in both end zones then. I believe Mr. Staubach threw for 455 yards and five TDs. For the Guins Denny Klembara threw for just under 400 yards and I think his record was just broken the other day by VanGorder. I know going into this season it was still the Guins' single game passing yardage record.
Old 10-26-18, 11:13 PM
All World

Spartan0505 is on a distinguished road
Rayen holds 6k
Old 10-26-18, 11:21 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by YTOWN View Post
I was at that game. Still have the program. Rayen had seats on both sides and in both end zones then. I believe Mr. Staubach threw for 455 yards and five TDs. For the Guins Denny Klembara threw for just under 400 yards and I think his record was just broken the other day by VanGorder. I know going into this season it was still the Guins' single game passing yardage record.
According to The Rayen Stadium History page Among the most noteworthy players to take the field at Rayen Stadium was NFL Hall of Famer and Heisman Trophy winner Roger Staubach, who in 1968 passed for 455 yards as quarterback for Pensacola Navy against YSU.
Old 10-26-18, 11:27 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan0505 View Post
Rayen holds 6k
Really? I counted 22 rows, goal line to goal line. 2 ft per person 150 people per row. 3300. 3500 tops. Seated anyway. I guess you could have people standing.
Hopin for a venue change.
Old 10-26-18, 11:29 PM
All World

wghfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Really? I counted 22 rows, goal line to goal line. 2 ft per person 150 people per row. 3300. 3500 tops. Seated anyway. I guess you could have people standing.
Was there a couple years ago to watch Harding. They have a lot of standing room at the top of the stadium
Old 10-26-18, 11:32 PM
All Ohio

On second look the stands go past the end line. More than I thought. Old school football. Could be fun. If your on the winning side!!
Old 10-27-18, 12:29 AM
All World

Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Standard is 18" per person. Not 24. Though most people Will take up that much space or more just because on bleachers people spread out and put space next to a stranger. No sitting hip to hip.
Old 10-27-18, 12:43 AM
All Ohio

nupanther is on a distinguished road
Guys....
There is ZERO Chance this game is moved. Home field advantage, parking on Benita and Ohio (get there a tad early if you want to park in the lot). DJ playing hip hop and a little ol skool R & B. I remember a few years ago the scuttlebutt in Cleveland was when Cleveland Hts was seeded 4th and St Eds 5th. More posts about whether the old Hts stadium could handle this type of game than the actual game. Rayen will be fine, no doubt.

The 'super bowl' for little league is played there. Also East JV and freshman. Field looked ok versus Canfield
Old 10-27-18, 06:10 AM
All Ohio

Thumbs up

Zero? LOL
Old 10-27-18, 06:42 AM
All World

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
The game shouldn’t be moved at all. This is what home field is about.
Old 10-27-18, 07:19 AM
All World

SteelValley
Why the heck would this game be moved? Should it be moved if Girard was the home team? Because they have a smaller stadium than Rayen Stadium.

Boardman’s home side is 4,200 with much wider rows than the older stadiums. And that’s an accurate, recent count when built. Not an inflated # like some of the other local stadiums have IMO. I know Rayen home side is bigger than Boardman from being at both. So minimum 5k seating and you can easily have 500+ viewing from above in the plaza area. And I guarantee people will stand there by choice, freeing up those seats.

So I’m not sure why a venue which can conservatively hold 5,500 is being questioned. You’d think Girard plays their games at Paul Brown Stadium and fills that to capacity each week based on some of these comments.

I’ve only been there for 1 game, last year for Boardman-East, and I really liked the venue.

It would be a slap in the face to the East team and stadium donors if they finally get a playoff game in this stadium and they move it to YSU. It would make you question why the Stadium was even needed.
Old 10-27-18, 07:21 AM
All World

No Girard just doesn’t like to play on grass that’s the only issue lol. I think starting next year every team in the NE8 will have turf for all conference games which is a plus
Old 10-27-18, 08:13 AM
All World

wghfan is on a distinguished road
I know East played at Hubbard last night, so that definitely saved from getting their field tore up Is their grass field in good condition? If so, no chance the game gets moved. I have seen the OSHAA move home games in Week 11, if they feel the field is unsafe.

I remember in 2002 at Harding, they were playing St. Ignatius for a week 11 home game. The OSHAA was thinking about moving the game, because we had alot of rain that week, and field would be unsafe. A big time donor for WGH brought in a helicopter to dry up the field for Harding to keep their home game
Old 10-27-18, 08:25 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelValley View Post
Why the heck would this game be moved? Should it be moved if Girard was the home team? Because they have a smaller stadium than Rayen Stadium.

Boardman’s home side is 4,200 with much wider rows than the older stadiums. And that’s an accurate, recent count when built. Not an inflated # like some of the other local stadiums have IMO. I know Rayen home side is bigger than Boardman from being at both. So minimum 5k seating and you can easily have 500+ viewing from above in the plaza area. And I guarantee people will stand there by choice, freeing up those seats.

So I’m not sure why a venue which can conservatively hold 5,500 is being questioned. You’d think Girard plays their games at Paul Brown Stadium and fills that to capacity each week based on some of these comments.
I’ve only been there for 1 game, last year for Boardman-East, and I really liked the venue.

It would be a slap in the face to the East team and stadium donors if they finally get a playoff game in this stadium and they move it to YSU. It would make you question why the Stadium was even needed.
I’m sure if they move it, it would be mutually agreed upon. A muddy field would slow things down. That’s to Girards advantage. It’s long been believed a passing team has the advantage on a slippery surface. Please. Stay at Rayen.
Old 10-27-18, 09:01 AM
All Region

pcbuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Iím sure if they move it, it would be mutually agreed upon. A muddy field would slow things down. Thatís to Girards advantage. Itís long been believed a passing team has the advantage on a slippery surface. Please. Stay at Rayen.
Lol. Thatís why youíve been arguing for a venue change since Friday night.
Old 10-27-18, 09:11 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcbuck View Post
Lol. That’s why you’ve been arguing for a venue change since Friday night.
I said hopin for a Venue change. Big argument there.
I started the thread asking how big is Rayen. Would they move it. The last time I was in that stadium most of the people on this board weren’t even born. I watched Roger Staybauch throw for 455 yards in 1966 against the Youngstown College Penguins. I was under the impression there was very little seating. If there’s room for 5000, great. Not a fan of only one side seating, but it is what it is. A few others stated I didn’t want to go there. I did not. Old school football is what I said. Nothing more. And to be honest, I bet East would rather play at YSU. Faster track. Nice stadium. Great venue. It’s not like I have any input where they play.
Old 10-27-18, 09:22 AM
All Ohio

Joe Bernastat
Quote:
He knows his squad is in trouble. And he is afraid to go to a Rayen Stadium.

He just wonít admit to either. Heís been on here for years (except in years when Girard is losing). Heís very predictable.
Old 10-27-18, 09:36 AM
All Ohio

I’m not feelin the Love.
I don’t think anyone would be looking forward to playing East right now. They could take it all. And you’re right. I don’t want to go to Rayen. But I will. I was a delivery driver on the East side for years. Worst neighborhoods. Had guns put to my head. It was an exciting life. LOL. But no, I’m not afraid to go to Rayen.
Old 10-27-18, 09:37 AM
All Region

pcbuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I said hopin for a Venue change. Big argument there.
I started the thread asking how big is Rayen. Would they move it. The last time I was in that stadium most of the people on this board werenít even born. I watched Roger Staybauch throw for 455 yards in 1966 against the Youngstown College Penguins. I was under the impression there was very little seating. If thereís room for 5000, great. Not a fan of only one side seating, but it is what it is. A few others stated I didnít want to go there. I did not. Old school football is what I said. Nothing more. And to be honest, I bet East would rather play at YSU. Faster track. Nice stadium. Great venue. Itís not like I have any input where they play.
You really think that East would rather play on a neutral field and lose home field advantage?
Itís ok if I were a Girard fan Iíd want this game played anywhere else than on the road on grass with rain most of the week.
Old 10-27-18, 09:43 AM
All Ohio

To be honest, I didn’t even know East played their home games at Rayen until a few days ago. I knew it was refurbished but I thought just the younger levels and youth teams played there. I have memories of a a city Girard. I played against Mooney at the old South Stadium in a downpour with mud up to my ankles. I lost my glasses in the mud! Stopped the game for several minutes to try to find them. That game is not a pleasant memory. Kinda one sided. LOL.
Old 10-27-18, 09:58 AM
All World

If the field still has grass and isn’t all mud then it’s playable. If hey made them change it I would move to another grass field just because Girard only wants turf. Mud will slow Girards only player down and it would be a blowout