Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-15-17, 09:48 AM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathking View Post
We hosted the OCC Capital, Cardinal and Central divisions. The weather was very nice. Particularly on Saturday. Very mild tail wins, so a lot of good sprint times. It was a little warm on Saturday, and some of the distance runners running multiple races were worn out, but otherwise there were a great many meet and conference record performances. Even what would have been a state record were there an official wind gauge.
Are the individual divisions all contested at the same time or are they held one after the other. It seems as if you would benefit by using more than 2 sites.

What was the event that would have been a state record had there been an "official" wind gauge? I saw wind readings. What constitutes an "official" guage?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-17, 10:30 AM
All American

mathking is on a distinguished road
Abby Steiner ran an 11.54 in the 100 dash. There was no official wind gauges for either OCC location.

An official wind gauge connects to the timing system and has to be precisely positioned along the track (or runway). It measures the wind speed along the track during the actual race. Purely for our own information, because we were hosting, I used my own wind gauge. It measures the max airspeed and records the direction of the wind. Not connected to the timing system. But over the time period of about 10 minutes before to a couple of minutes after the 100 the max air speed was 0.6 m/s and that was not directly at the runners backs.

We used to have four 8 team divisions. Now it is four six team and one seven team divisions. With two sites. It would be nice to have more than two sites, but the conference is saving money doing it this way. Another site would be significantly more expensive.
Old 05-16-17, 06:34 AM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Mathking, The meets I saw wind readings were done by Finishtiming. I now see that the OCC meets at Coffman and Orange didn't use them or, at least, it wasn't denoted that they were being used. I wonder if Timing First ever uses them?

It's awesome that Abby Steiner is running the times that she is so soon after her ACL repair. She must have had great rehab and been very diligent in doing her therapy.
Old 05-16-17, 07:20 AM
All American

mathking is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
Mathking, The meets I saw wind readings were done by Finishtiming. I now see that the OCC meets at Coffman and Orange didn't use them or, at least, it wasn't denoted that they were being used. I wonder if Timing First ever uses them?

It's awesome that Abby Steiner is running the times that she is so soon after her ACL repair. She must have had great rehab and been very diligent in doing her therapy.
TimingFirst does use them when requested. They brought theirs to our invitational. The OCC did not request wind gauges, so they weren't there. Probably because the conference does not require them for conference records. Which makes sense, as none of the conference records were set with wind gauges. Abby has done really well on her rehab. She has a great work ethic.
Old 05-16-17, 08:18 PM
All Ohio

dig it is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebles View Post
Weather was cool but tolerable and dry at the NBC meet. It also seems that the participants found it to their liking. Athletes dropped below the previous event records eleven times. Most were in the distance events, but a record was also set in the girls 400 and girls shot. Three runners shattered the previous record in the boys 3200.
Carrollton girls set 6 league records (200,400,1600,3200,4x800, and shot)