Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-09-17, 02:15 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
OSU is not alone in not wanting to schedule out against premiere opponents. They pretty much all want to strong arm their way through as schedule.

A great M.O. is agree to play someone on the 'road' but do so at a neutral field knowing they will ultimately have just as many if not more fans such as UC at PBS and what they are doing with one of the texas teams...TCU maybe? in moving it to texas stadium.

They all know how to play the game. There are a number of gimmie conference games. Schedule one decent/tough OOC game that if they lose they still have the league schedule to rumble through.

Goal is to schedule out that you only have to get up for a few games a year and the rest are glorified scrimmages.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-17, 08:18 AM
All Ohio

goldentornado is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
:lNo, (I will act like i didnt see it because it doesnt fit my agenda) What's it say?
fixed
Old 05-09-17, 09:15 AM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentornado View Post
it shows a track record when a sec school hasnt appeared on OSU schedule in 30 years it shows the obvious. OSU doesnt want to play them during the season. but that is understandable, osu doesnt want to get exposed during the season.
SEC schools are far scarier than Pete Carroll's USC teams, I suppose.

I think Tennessee is/was on the schedule. Conference realignment may have effed that one up
Old 05-09-17, 10:07 AM
All American

WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
I'd have no problem if OSU scheduled Alabama as their one big OOC game two years as a home and home. It would be no different than what they've done with the schedule the past 15+ years.
Old 05-09-17, 11:05 AM
All American

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
fixed
Hi pot, I'm kettle.

So you think 3 games from 20+ years ago, with different coaches, presidents, ADs, players, proves OSU is scared to schedule over a game 2 years ago under the same head coach?
Old 05-09-17, 11:06 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
I'd have no problem if OSU scheduled Alabama as their one big OOC game two years as a home and home. It would be no different than what they've done with the schedule the past 15+ years.
Even if they lose, it didn't seem to hurt USC too badly despite getting whooped on. They are still talked about as one of the best teams this coming season.
Old 05-10-17, 08:56 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Hi pot, I'm kettle.

So you think 3 games from 20+ years ago, with different coaches, presidents, ADs, players, proves OSU is scared to schedule over a game 2 years ago under the same head coach?
their track record of scheduling shows they are more than scared to schedule SEC opponents
Old 05-10-17, 09:08 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
SEC schools are far scarier than Pete Carroll's USC teams, I suppose.

I think Tennessee is/was on the schedule. Conference realignment may have effed that one up
if they werent they would be on OSU schedule.
Old 05-10-17, 09:11 AM
All American

Quote:
their track record of scheduling shows they are more than scared to schedule SEC opponents
Okay, so you do think 3 games from 20+ years ago, under multiple different coaches, holds more weight than a game 2 years ago under the current coach. Glad we cleared that up.
Old 05-10-17, 09:45 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Okay, so you do think 3 games from 20+ years ago, under multiple different coaches, holds more weight than a game 2 years ago under the current coach. Glad we cleared that up.
yes , it shows OSU is more likely to lose to alabama
Old 05-10-17, 09:49 AM
All American

Quote:
yes , it shows OSU is more likely to lose to alabama
Well that's logical.
Old 05-10-17, 09:59 AM
All Ohio

well then explain to me why Bama is never on OSU's schedule. i'm sure you will blame it Bama
Old 05-10-17, 10:27 AM
All American

Quote:
well then explain to me why Bama is never on OSU's schedule. i'm sure you will blame it Bama
I don't work for either OSU nor Alabama's athletic departments. There could literally be a million different reasons.

Why doesn't FSU ever schedule Oregon? It's because they're scared of Oregon. They know they'll lose. That's how this works, right?
Old 05-10-17, 10:35 AM
All American

There are, what, 130 D1 football teams? Goldentornado wants to know why OSU doesn't schedule Bama.
Old 05-10-17, 10:52 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
There are, what, 130 D1 football teams? Goldentornado wants to know why OSU doesn't schedule Bama.
On top of that, there's currently 3-4 openings on most school's schedules for out of conference opponents. Most year's Bama only has 3 openings that OSU could possibly fit into as all SEC schools schedule their cupcake for the 2nd last week of the regular season. This coming year OSU has conference play in the first week so that leaves 2 weeks it would even be possible for OSU and Bama to play.
Old 05-10-17, 08:44 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I don't work for either OSU nor Alabama's athletic departments. There could literally be a million different reasons.

Why doesn't FSU ever schedule Oregon? It's because they're scared of Oregon. They know they'll lose. That's how this works, right?
probably because they are busy playing alabama , since osu wont
Old 05-10-17, 10:26 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Something tells me that unless it were in a kickoff classic in Dallas or Atlanta, Alabama wouldn't play Ohio State.
Old 05-11-17, 06:40 AM
All American

Quote:
probably because they are busy playing alabama , since osu wont
What's your excuse for the previous 122 years? But props to you for doubling dumb on stupid and sticking to your guns here.
Old 05-11-17, 08:18 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
What's your excuse for the previous 122 years? But props to you for doubling dumb on stupid and sticking to your guns here.
congrats math wiz, FSU first season was 1947. for some reason i dont think 122 years has past since then. but i might add osu's first season was 1890 can you explain why bama never appeared on osu's schedule. i dont see FSU having any problem with scheduling SEC opponents , but osu certainly does.
Old 05-11-17, 11:47 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
congrats math wiz, FSU first season was 1947. for some reason i dont think 122 years has past since then. but i might add osu's first season was 1890 can you explain why bama never appeared on osu's schedule. i dont see FSU having any problem with scheduling SEC opponents , but osu certainly does.
FSU is doing a neutral site game with Bama. Not a home and home. Gene Smith, the current OSU AD, is not a fan of the neutral site games and has said so many times. He recently relented and allowed a neutral at Jerry World with TCU, so perhaps he will be open to some neutral site OOC games in the future. I liked the recent series Wisky and LSU had at Houston and Green Bay. I would like to see OSU do something similar. Maybe Georgia in Atlanta and Cleveland, or something similar.
Old 05-11-17, 12:36 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
FSU is doing a neutral site game with Bama. Not a home and home. Gene Smith, the current OSU AD, is not a fan of the neutral site games and has said so many times. He recently relented and allowed a neutral at Jerry World with TCU, so perhaps he will be open to some neutral site OOC games in the future. I liked the recent series Wisky and LSU had at Houston and Green Bay. I would like to see OSU do something similar. Maybe Georgia in Atlanta and Cleveland, or something similar.
The only reason tOSU is playing TCU at Jerry World is that TCU's home field is not large enough revenue wise to maximize the match up, technically this is a TCU home game. Many in the sport biz world think it will be a sellout with the crowd being 1/3 TCU fans, 1/3 tOSU fans, and the balance local NCAA football fans.

By the way, have you ever done a neutral site game? In a NFL stadium it is nothing special and feels more like a NFL game with college bands. Now on the other hand unique venues do work, I heard that while not the best viewing location for a game but the festival setting at Bristol was pretty cool last year. Same with the game that was played at Wrigley a few years ago, not the best field for a game but Wrigleyville was buzzing the day of the game. Still, nothing beats the atmosphere at a College campus the day of a big game.
Old 05-11-17, 12:41 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
The only reason tOSU is playing TCU at Jerry World is that TCU's home field is not large enough revenue wise to maximize the match up, technically this is a TCU home game. Many in the sport biz world think it will be a sellout with the crowd being 1/3 TCU fans, 1/3 tOSU fans, and the balance local NCAA football fans.

By the way, have you ever done a neutral site game? In a NFL stadium it is nothing special and feels more like a NFL game with college bands. Now on the other hand unique venues do work, I heard that while not the best viewing location for a game but the festival setting at Bristol was pretty cool last year. Same with the game that was played at Wrigley a few years ago, not the best field for a game but Wrigleyville was buzzing the day of the game. Still, nothing beats the atmosphere at a College campus the day of a big game.
While I agree the on campus home and home is the best possible deal, if it means neutral site just to get a deal at all...go neutral "home and home". I was at the OSU vs Toledo neutral in Cleveland and that was fine, but I was at the LSU/Wisky neutral at Lambeau and it was great!
Old 05-11-17, 12:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post

The TCU series was a home and home, but the Columbus game was cancelled after Jerry World guaranteed a ridiculous amount of money to get one game there. Since OSU has a lot of Dallas area alums, and since they have been successfully recruiting the Metroplex hard under Urban, the deal was done. Fan access and recruiting exposure.
Old 05-11-17, 01:32 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Because OSU sucks vs The SEC
Old 05-11-17, 02:12 PM
All American

Do they?
Old 05-11-17, 04:00 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Yeah they don't have the best track record against the SEC. 5-11-1(2-10 in bowl games).
Old 05-12-17, 06:56 AM
All American

Quote:
So you can't tell me why FSU is scared of Oregon, who hasn't appeared on their schedule in 70 years?
Old 05-12-17, 07:28 AM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
OSU just scheduled Georgia and Tennessee. Conference realingment created scheduling conflicts and the series had to be postponed.
Old 05-12-17, 08:06 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Yeah they don't have the best track record against the SEC. 5-11-1(2-10 in bowl games).
Is this all-time?
Old 05-12-17, 10:06 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
So you can't tell me why FSU is scared of Oregon, who hasn't appeared on their schedule in 70 years?
i thought it was a 122 years like you previously stated? what does FSU have to do with osu not wanting to schedule alabama?