Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-17-17, 01:01 PM
All World

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePITman View Post
I have a website format (www.pitmanstats.com) that could do it, but it's very time consuming.

Basketball is tough enough finding complete schedules for every school. Then throw in cancellations due to snow, etc. Baseball is much worse with the rainouts, double-headers turn into single-headers, coaches schedule games almost on a same-day basis... it's incredibly difficult to keep track.

I do it every year just for the PAC-7, and I'd miss 20% of the games if I didn't scour 4 different newspapers every day for box scores.

Seriously, though... I've been doing it for almost 10 years for basketball, about 80 schools per year. You'd be amazed how many schools do not have any kind of full, 22-game schedule available on any web site anywhere. It's really frustrating. And that's not including score updates and reschedule dates. I'm simply talking about posting the schedule itself. Even when every school "had to" use myOHSAA, and now they have Arbiter... the majority don't.
That looks great. If only it wasn't so time consuming.

How prevalent is the GameChanger app?
Old 05-17-17, 01:04 PM
All Yappi

thePITman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
That looks great. If only it wasn't so time consuming.

How prevalent is the GameChanger app?
I love GameChanger. I use it for my 14U baseball team, and I follow a few varsity baseball teams, too (Defiance, Tusky Valley). It's easy to use, comprehensive, and great for fans (even without stats, you at least have the schedule and results). But making any single source of technology mandatory, and enforcing it, will always be the problem.

But to answer your question, the use of GameChanger is not that common. Thankfully, more school sport teams are getting their own twitter accounts, which has been the #1 easiest way, by far, to find results for games.

GameChanger teams in Ohio for Spring 2017: https://gc.com/search?q=ohio&search_...+2017&age=prep

61 results. Maybe 1/3 of them are HS varsity teams.
Old 05-17-17, 01:46 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
The other major problem is the teams that are having down years usually don't like to report scores. When two of those teams play each other, it can be difficult to even find out those two teams played a game. This includes teams that thought they were going to have a great year and turn into a mediocre year. They just don't have the enthusiasm for reporting scores.

I have a list of 275 baseball Twitter accounts. As the season progresses, fewer and fewer report their scores unless they are having a good year.
Old 05-17-17, 04:44 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePITman View Post
I love GameChanger. I use it for my 14U baseball team, and I follow a few varsity baseball teams, too (Defiance, Tusky Valley). It's easy to use, comprehensive, and great for fans (even without stats, you at least have the schedule and results). But making any single source of technology mandatory, and enforcing it, will always be the problem.

But to answer your question, the use of GameChanger is not that common. Thankfully, more school sport teams are getting their own twitter accounts, which has been the #1 easiest way, by far, to find results for games.

GameChanger teams in Ohio for Spring 2017: https://gc.com/search?q=ohio&search_...+2017&age=prep

61 results. Maybe 1/3 of them are HS varsity teams.
GameChanger can be set up to export directly to MaxPreps, too. It's $50 well-spent to sign up for a year. If teams use it, you can be at one son's game and follow the other at the same time.

I think it's more used that that. 6 of 8 Suburban National teams use it. I've followed close to 20 HS teams in NEO.
Old 05-17-17, 05:24 PM
All World

Hiland is now 27-0 as they won today against Tuscarawas Valley 10-0 in 5 innings to win their district.
Old 05-17-17, 06:06 PM
All World

Field was defeated for the first time today and finishes the season 22-1. They lost a district semi-final game to Northwest 8-5 in 9 innings.
Old 05-17-17, 11:31 PM
All Ohio

Mr. Red Raider is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
GameChanger can be set up to export directly to MaxPreps, too. It's $50 well-spent to sign up for a year. If teams use it, you can be at one son's game and follow the other at the same time.

I think it's more used that that. 6 of 8 Suburban National teams use it. I've followed close to 20 HS teams in NEO.
GameChanger is really helpful, especially when finding out records of certain teams. I think that more teams will use it as the years progress.

I'm actually working on a project right now to include some final records of the local (Northeast Ohio) teams. It took a lot of work, but it will be rolled out soon. I'll PM anyone who's interested in getting a first look at what I'm doing.
Old 05-22-17, 08:18 AM
Junior Varsity

muva20fan is on a distinguished road
Hiland/Jackson rescheduled game is tonight at 6:00 at Lehman Field at Hiland. Combined record is I think 54-1 going into the regional.
Old 05-23-17, 07:10 AM
All Yappi

thePITman is on a distinguished road
Hiland defeated Jackson last night, 2-1, on a walkoff single, and stays undefeated at 28-0 (or so).

Video: https://twitter.com/OhioTicket/statu...03199000408064

(tweet says 3-1, but it was 2-1)
Old 05-23-17, 08:06 AM
All Region

doverbuck is on a distinguished road
Way to go Hiland,those farm boys can play some ball!