Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins: #2 Cleveland Cavaliers vs. #7 Indiana Pacers
#2 Cleveland Cavaliers 8 80.00%
#7 Indiana Pacers 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 04-23-17, 02:39 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 25,298
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I sure wish they'd get over giving away leads. Seems like every time they get to the point of being "almost comfortable", Kyrie and LeBron try to close it out and the offense completely shuts down.

Ends well, just the same.

First-ever sweep of the Pacers in a 7-game series, Lebron has won 21 consecutive first-round games, and extra time to practice at the little barn over-looking the valley in Independence. Everybody essentially healthy.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #92  
Old 04-23-17, 02:40 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 25,298
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
Not as bad ad nordonia football coaches taking a playoff teams! To 3 7.Cavs survived ty our coached bad. Smith a idiots.
anyone speak brian ?
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 04-23-17, 03:18 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 65,227
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Nice sweep by the Cavs.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 04-23-17, 03:22 PM
Michael Bluth Michael Bluth is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-29-11
Location: The Mailroom
Posts: 15,406
Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Solid win today with the Pacers having everything on the line
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 04-23-17, 05:02 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 7,845
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Yep, I'm not giving those wins back, but I sure wish they'd be a little less dramatic.

I like JR, but holy smokes, what the hell was he thinking throwing that behind the back pass late after the turnover?
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 04-23-17, 07:50 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 25,298
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Yep, I'm not giving those wins back, but I sure wish they'd be a little less dramatic.

I like JR, but holy smokes, what the hell was he thinking throwing that behind the back pass late after the turnover?
I think half the audience probably said that simultaneously.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 04-23-17, 07:53 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 25,298
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
Nordonia coaches and ty lue sucks you understand that?
I wish your mom would move back to Twinsburg so you'd haunt a basement over there and stop following Nordonia.

You understand that ?
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 04-23-17, 07:56 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 25,298
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Does the Gatorade Flow ad with Paul George get the award for the worst marketing decision of the year ?


"Ballgame"? Not a single one !
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 04-23-17, 09:40 PM
EagleGuy EagleGuy is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-26-16
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 1,139
EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
I think half the audience probably said that simultaneously.
+1
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 04-24-17, 06:39 AM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Posts: 1,033
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Does the Gatorade Flow ad with Paul George get the award for the worst marketing decision of the year ?


"Ballgame"? Not a single one !
Have you seen the Madison Bumgarner Ford commercial
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 04-24-17, 07:08 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 25,298
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Have you seen the Madison Bumgarner Ford commercial
no

But I did see two unopened GFlow bottles in front of Westbrook and Adams at the press table last night. Another good look.

Why would Gatorade pick George for that ad, anyway ? They got horrible advice from someone. They saved some money over Lebron, but there were a lot better choices for an ad featuring a walk-off winning shot. I don't see his team winning more than 2 against Boston. If you want George, write a different ad. You like the ad, get Lebron, Kyrie, Curry, Thompson, Harden - someone that has a shot at closing out a few more games.

The kids that they want to drink that crap are gonna see that ad and think "loser".
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 04-24-17, 07:26 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 761
Taco MacArthur is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
Because LeBron puts up MVP numbers year in and year out. But he won't get anymore MVPs because it's boring now to give it to him.
As ep pointed out, previous years have absolutely nothing to do with this year.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 04-24-17, 07:42 AM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 7,845
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
I think half the audience probably said that simultaneously.
I think I made a grave error in including the words "think" and "JR" in the same sentence.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 04-24-17, 10:16 AM
tallmadge H2 dad tallmadge H2 dad is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-05
Location: T-town via the Archbishop
Posts: 11,488
tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
As ep pointed out, previous years have absolutely nothing to do with this year.
LeBron has been the MVP of the league for over a decade. He won't get a trophy every year, but I don't think that anyone can argue that he is the MVP, this year included. We all know Westbrook (who can't get out of Round 1) or Harden (the turnover machine) will win it, because they might edge out a particular stat line. But if we are talking about the true MVP of professional basketball, the player who is most valuable to his team and to the league, it's LeBron. Period.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 04-24-17, 10:52 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 761
Taco MacArthur is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
LeBron has been the MVP of the league for over a decade. He won't get a trophy every year, but I don't think that anyone can argue that he is the MVP, this year included. We all know Westbrook (who can't get out of Round 1) or Harden (the turnover machine) will win it, because they might edge out a particular stat line. But if we are talking about the true MVP of professional basketball, the player who is most valuable to his team and to the league, it's LeBron. Period.
Has nothing to do with a regular season award. LeBron coasted on defense all year. The team looked BAD for long stretches with LeBron healthy. He wasn't the MVP in the regular season this year.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 04-24-17, 11:17 AM
bedevil's Avatar
bedevil bedevil is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-03-03
Location: The First Tee
Posts: 10,212
bedevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Not as bad ad nordonia football coaches taking a playoff teams! To 3 7.Cavs survived ty our coached bad. Smith a idiots
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
anyone speak brian ?
I'll give it a shot:

I believe he meant to say that some coaching decisions have been suspect in this series, yet not as troubling as taking a potential playoff contender like the Nordonia Knights high school football team and guiding them to a disappointing 3 and 7 record. The Cavaliers, however, have thrived in the Indiana series despite what brian views as sub-par direction from Head Coach Tyronn Lue. The Cavaliers also managed to sweep the Pacers even though guard J.R. Smith made some obviously questionable physical and mental errors throughout the series.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 04-24-17, 03:15 PM
tallmadge H2 dad tallmadge H2 dad is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-05
Location: T-town via the Archbishop
Posts: 11,488
tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Has nothing to do with a regular season award. LeBron coasted on defense all year. The team looked BAD for long stretches with LeBron healthy. He wasn't the MVP in the regular season this year.
Yeah and Harden and Westbrook turn the ball over 6 freaking times per game? So what's your point?
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 04-24-17, 03:16 PM
tallmadge H2 dad tallmadge H2 dad is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-05
Location: T-town via the Archbishop
Posts: 11,488
tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
I'll give it a shot:

I believe he meant to say that some coaching decisions have been suspect in this series, yet not as troubling as taking a potential playoff contender like the Nordonia Knights high school football team and guiding them to a disappointing 3 and 7 record. The Cavaliers, however, have thrived in the Indiana series despite what brian views as sub-par direction from Head Coach Tyronn Lue. The Cavaliers also managed to sweep the Pacers even though guard J.R. Smith made some obviously questionable physical and mental errors throughout the series.
Yes I'm sure that's EXACTLY what he was trying to say.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 04-24-17, 10:30 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 25,298
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
I'll give it a shot:

I believe he meant to say that some coaching decisions have been suspect in this series, yet not as troubling as taking a potential playoff contender like the Nordonia Knights high school football team and guiding them to a disappointing 3 and 7 record. The Cavaliers, however, have thrived in the Indiana series despite what brian views as sub-par direction from Head Coach Tyronn Lue. The Cavaliers also managed to sweep the Pacers even though guard J.R. Smith made some obviously questionable physical and mental errors throughout the series.
That was magnificent.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 04-24-17, 11:33 PM
arizonawildcat arizonawildcat is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-13-09
Posts: 6,291
arizonawildcat is on a distinguished road
I just the remaining first round series in the East go 7 games so the Cavs would have a definite rest advantage over whomever they faced.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 04-25-17, 06:05 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 761
Taco MacArthur is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
Yeah and Harden and Westbrook turn the ball over 6 freaking times per game? So what's your point?
So in your mind LeBron gets a pass for putting forth nearly zero effort on defense, but Westbrook and Harden don't get a pass because they have they have some turnovers? I just don't get this line of thinking, outside of absolute homerism.

FWIW, since you're rounding, only Harden (5.7) averages 6 turnovers per game. At 5.4, you round down for Westbrook. LeBron is averaging a career high in turnovers.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 04-25-17, 08:31 AM
cjb56 cjb56 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-15-04
Location: Avon, OH
Posts: 12,892
cjb56 is on a distinguished road
LeBron is still the overall best player in the world, but Westbrook has to be the MVP. He put up historic numbers on a team that would be total crap without him. He will win comfortably, as he should.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 04-25-17, 10:23 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 25,298
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
LeBron is still the overall best player in the world, but Westbrook has to be the MVP. He put up historic numbers on a team that would be total crap without him. He will win comfortably, as he should.
And if Houston makes the Western Finals with a few stellar mega-beard games ?
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 04-25-17, 10:46 AM
Michael Bluth Michael Bluth is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-29-11
Location: The Mailroom
Posts: 15,406
Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
LeBron is still the overall best player in the world, but Westbrook has to be the MVP. He put up historic numbers on a team that would be total crap without him. He will win comfortably, as he should.
Absolutely
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 04-25-17, 10:53 AM
tallmadge H2 dad tallmadge H2 dad is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-05
Location: T-town via the Archbishop
Posts: 11,488
tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
So in your mind LeBron gets a pass for putting forth nearly zero effort on defense, but Westbrook and Harden don't get a pass because they have they have some turnovers? I just don't get this line of thinking, outside of absolute homerism.

FWIW, since you're rounding, only Harden (5.7) averages 6 turnovers per game. At 5.4, you round down for Westbrook. LeBron is averaging a career high in turnovers.
It's your opinion that he put forth zero effort in defense. I disagree. I believe that he turned it on and off accordingly, like almost every NBA player. Are you suggesting that James Harden plays any defense whatsoever?
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 04-25-17, 11:36 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 761
Taco MacArthur is an unknown quantity at this point
No, that's not an opinion. It's an eye test backed by stats. He had his 3rd worst Defensive Win Shares and his Defensive Box Plus Minus is in the bottom half of his career. Where did I get remotely close to suggesting James Harden plays adequate defense?
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 04-25-17, 11:36 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 761
Taco MacArthur is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
And if Houston makes the Western Finals with a few stellar mega-beard games ?
Meaningless. MVP is voted on before the playoffs.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 04-25-17, 12:55 PM
tallmadge H2 dad tallmadge H2 dad is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-05
Location: T-town via the Archbishop
Posts: 11,488
tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
No, that's not an opinion. It's an eye test backed by stats. He had his 3rd worst Defensive Win Shares and his Defensive Box Plus Minus is in the bottom half of his career. Where did I get remotely close to suggesting James Harden plays adequate defense?
Your argument is that LeBron is not this years MVP because he "coasted" most of the year defensively. So I'm assuming that if you are making an argument for Harden or Westbrook for MVP, then they would need to be good defenders right?
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 04-25-17, 02:14 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 761
Taco MacArthur is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
Your argument is that LeBron is not this years MVP because he "coasted" most of the year defensively. So I'm assuming that if you are making an argument for Harden or Westbrook for MVP, then they would need to be good defenders right?
Not necessarily good, but more so actually attempt to put forth an effort. Also, I'm not sure where I said Harden should be the MVP so I'm not sure why you keep bringing him up.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 04-25-17, 02:34 PM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 748
Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Don't usually agree with madge, but I would agree effort seems pointless to the discussion. If Lebron giving 50% on defense is equivalent to Harden giving 100%(not saying it is, but for the sake of argument) then the contribution to the team is equal. Which is what should matter to the MVP race.

Lebron sitting out games is the better argument against his MVP candidacy and what likely disqualifies him imo.

And if we're valuing defense as equal or near-equal to offense, it almost has to be Kawhi. He's a 10 on defense and maybe an 8 on offense. No one else's weighted average would even be close to that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Football Records Project - Please Help Transfer this info to the new Wiki Yappi Football 116 05-23-17 05:26 AM
2017 Football Conferences EagleFan St Edward Eagles 1 12-21-16 08:24 AM
Yappi.com Projected Conference Champions Yappi Football 8 08-23-15 08:22 PM
Conference Champion Voting Yappi Football 15 08-13-15 10:47 PM
2015 Football Conferences Yappi Football 34 08-03-15 01:45 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz