Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Softball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-11-17, 09:19 AM
Varsity

spearhead is on a distinguished road
Milford - Cancelled against Lebanon??

Does anyone know why Milford cancelled out of their game with Lebanon this week? Seems odd..
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-17, 11:49 AM
Varsity

SamMaydayMalone is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by spearhead View Post
Does anyone know why Milford cancelled out of their game with Lebanon this week? Seems odd..
They had to reschedule a league game...those take priority.

Hopefully they will find time to play against Lebanon, that would be a fun game to watch.
Old 04-11-17, 08:26 PM
All District

DustMan1975 is on a distinguished road
Standard procedure for teams these days.. have to reschedule league games on the next open or non league day for both teams. Trust me, Milford would not be looking to dodge Lebanon and would gladly play them over anyone in their league anyday, anytime, anywhere that they could if they were able to!
Old 04-11-17, 09:47 PM
Junior Varsity

fourtwoone is on a distinguished road
I'm sure those two great coaches will get together and play before the year is out.
Old 04-12-17, 06:12 AM
All American

Heavy Hitter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamMaydayMalone View Post
They had to reschedule a league game...those take priority.

Hopefully they will find time to play against Lebanon, that would be a fun game to watch.
League games do not take priority. This has become a big issue. OHSAA came out and said you are not allowed to cancel a non league for a league game. OHSAA said the schools signed a contract and they aren't allowed to break the contract to play another game. I also believe OHSAA has gone so far as to say a school can put a fine in the contract if a team breaks the contract to play another game.

Last edited by Heavy Hitter 1; 04-12-17 at 08:38 AM..
Old 04-12-17, 08:40 PM
Varsity

zski71 is on a distinguished road
This happens each spring. Teams always get their league games in first and I think all of the schools and coaches get this. Teams do have until June 10 to get in all of their games. Pushing those league games back would result in teams playing after they are eliminated from playoffs and after seniors have graduated. This would also mean girls are not released from their teams to play in early summer tournaments. I checked OHSAA and it seems the main concern was with teams over scheduling their allotted number of games and then having to cancel. Reading a little farther, I found it interesting the so called 4 player rule was clarified to mean INDIVIDUAL instruction in hitting, fielding, and pitching. In other words, all of those summer ball coaches who coach or even volunteer at the HS are in violation if they have even one member of their HS team on a team they coach outside of the June and July period. It's there in black and white.
Old 04-13-17, 08:23 AM
Freshman

doomleader1 is on a distinguished road
Yes I know why, Milford did not want to cancel, the Loveland AD was the one that made that decision , we were not happy at all about it. Game will be rescheduled 👍
Old 04-19-17, 12:15 AM
All Ohio

The Dock is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Hitter 1 View Post
League games do not take priority. This has become a big issue. OHSAA came out and said you are not allowed to cancel a non league for a league game. OHSAA said the schools signed a contract and they aren't allowed to break the contract to play another game. I also believe OHSAA has gone so far as to say a school can put a fine in the contract if a team breaks the contract to play another game.
Wrong.

League games do take priority, generally. There is no codified rule, per se, in the OHSAA guidelines that say "league games take priority over non-league games"; however, the vast majority of leagues across Ohio do have rules that explicitly state "league games must be made up on the next possible day," even if it is at the expense of cutting out a non-league game.

Quote:
OHSAA came out and said you are not allowed to cancel a non league for a league game.
Please link and cite your source, otherwise you're just spewing falsehoods. I see no reason why OHSAA would come up with a rule that contradicts standard league policy in the case of rainouts and reschedules.

Quote:
I also believe OHSAA has gone so far as to say a school can put a fine in the contract if a team breaks the contract to play another game.
It may be that OHSAA has allowed for schools to levy a fine (in essence, sue) if a team has to break out of a contract, but the truth is if schools started putting in that stipulation and enforced it because Team A had to make up a league game as mandated, then the school levying the fine would most likely not get called back for a future contract and would probably get blacklisted by Team A's league. Why? Because, again, MOST leagues have this very stipulation in their handbook that a league game that must be rescheduled has to be penciled in for the next available day. Not only would it be utterly ridiculous for a school to get hit with a fine because they were obligated to fulfill their league commitment (which, breaching the commitment of a league game could result in consequences for the school to be determined by the league) but it's also the case that rain-outs are very popular in April and very rarely does a complete schedule at the start of the season get played in its entirety with the originally scheduled opponents.
Old 04-19-17, 05:16 AM
All Ohio

DaPope is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomleader1 View Post
Yes I know why, Milford did not want to cancel, the Loveland AD was the one that made that decision , we were not happy at all about it. Game will be rescheduled ��
Oh my Milford didn't get their way, what a shame!
Old 04-19-17, 11:40 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPope View Post
Oh my Milford didn't get their way, what a shame!
Hey man it's high school softball... let's relax
Old 04-20-17, 06:24 AM
All American

Heavy Hitter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dock View Post
Wrong.

League games do take priority, generally. There is no codified rule, per se, in the OHSAA guidelines that say "league games take priority over non-league games"; however, the vast majority of leagues across Ohio do have rules that explicitly state "league games must be made up on the next possible day," even if it is at the expense of cutting out a non-league game.

Please link and cite your source, otherwise you're just spewing falsehoods. I see no reason why OHSAA would come up with a rule that contradicts standard league policy in the case of rainouts and reschedules.

It may be that OHSAA has allowed for schools to levy a fine (in essence, sue) if a team has to break out of a contract, but the truth is if schools started putting in that stipulation and enforced it because Team A had to make up a league game as mandated, then the school levying the fine would most likely not get called back for a future contract and would probably get blacklisted by Team A's league. Why? Because, again, MOST leagues have this very stipulation in their handbook that a league game that must be rescheduled has to be penciled in for the next available day. Not only would it be utterly ridiculous for a school to get hit with a fine because they were obligated to fulfill their league commitment (which, breaching the commitment of a league game could result in consequences for the school to be determined by the league) but it's also the case that rain-outs are very popular in April and very rarely does a complete schedule at the start of the season get played in its entirety with the originally scheduled opponents.
This is a bunch a mumbo jumbo crap! Most leagues say, games are to be made up on the next available open date. The biggest reason they are cutting non-league is to get their makeup league games in earlier, because they don't want to be playing in later May. Why? Because if they get knocked out of the tournament they don't want to still be playing games. That is why OHSAA sent info to schools saying you are not to cancel non-league games to make-up league games. They signed a contract to play that game. It is becoming an issue and schools are complaining.

Last edited by Heavy Hitter 1; 04-21-17 at 02:03 PM..
Old 04-21-17, 11:00 AM
All District

coachjw
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dock View Post
Wrong.

Your Wrong Sir

OHSAA Jerry Snodgrass sent a email to all AD in the middle of last saying no canceling non league games to play league games and there could be a fine.
I read it. I will see if I can bring it up.
Old 04-25-17, 10:50 AM
Colerain Booster

Honor&Glory is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Honor&Glory
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachjw View Post
Your Wrong Sir

OHSAA Jerry Snodgrass sent a email to all AD in the middle of last saying no canceling non league games to play league games and there could be a fine.
I read it. I will see if I can bring it up.
Please do or 'you're' wrong, as well.
The OHSAA is a product of its member schools. If member schools value completing a full league season at the loss of a non-league game, on what grounds does the all mighty association have to force its own policy on the matter? They barely run a cohesive tournament and now they wish to dictate regular season scheduling? GTFO with that nonsense.
Old 04-25-17, 12:50 PM
Freshman

doomleader1 is on a distinguished road
game is rescheduled for Wednesday May 3rd at Lebanon
Old 04-25-17, 07:26 PM
All American

Heavy Hitter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honor&Glory View Post
Please do or 'you're' wrong, as well.
The OHSAA is a product of its member schools. If member schools value completing a full league season at the loss of a non-league game, on what grounds does the all mighty association have to force its own policy on the matter? They barely run a cohesive tournament and now they wish to dictate regular season scheduling? GTFO with that nonsense.
You are wrong! He did send it out because his member schools were complaining about teams canceling games. The only nonsense is schools canceling games so they can reschedule league games because they don't want to be playing in later May. The sign a contract to play the game. If it keeps up I think you will see school starting putting fines in their contract.
Old 04-25-17, 07:40 PM
All Ohio

HSFB Fan is on a distinguished road
Does it really matter....Milford was handled pretty easy by a number 3 or 4 GMC team in WEST....Lebanon may run rule them...
Old 04-25-17, 10:22 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSFB Fan View Post
Does it really matter....Milford was handled pretty easy by a number 3 or 4 GMC team in WEST....Lebanon may run rule them...
Hey man get back to your Colerain thread and discuss your big wins over Princeton and Middletown. As if you know anything about good softball anyway.
Old 04-26-17, 05:04 AM
All Ohio

HSFB Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustMan1975 View Post
Hey man get back to your Colerain thread and discuss your big wins over Princeton and Middletown. As if you know anything about good softball anyway.
Wow off you meds again? Or, PWD again? (Posting While Drunk for those that need to know)...

What part of the statement do you think is wrong?

Milford is decent and well coached with a lot of wins. The Ws may not be vs. the strongest comp but they are Ws non the less. Not counting March play, the Grenville and Kings wins are Milfords key wins to date.
http://eccsports.com/schedule.aspx?s...p=1&schoolid=7

Lebanon is very solid and was able to best two of the top teams in the GMC that honestly would also handle Milford as West did so, yeah..Lebanon will beat them...A middle of the pack GMC team in Fairfield on 5-2 should be a more favorable match up for Milford.

Last edited by HSFB Fan; 04-29-17 at 09:53 AM..