Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-02-17, 06:32 AM
All Region

HistoryTeacher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by swblhoops View Post
How was the business trip???
Old 05-02-17, 06:49 AM
All Ohio

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Butler has not lost a game in conference in three years. Felt bad the game was not played in better conditions. Tipp is a fine team and expect a deep run. Hope Butler catches some needed breaks and gets deep into May in the tourney.
Old 05-02-17, 11:17 AM
All Ohio

TheBenchwarmer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by swblhoops View Post
How was the business trip???
I heard they weren't able to "close the deal".
Old 05-02-17, 11:19 AM
All District

HSsportfan is on a distinguished road
Congrats to Butler on winning the north! That may even lock up the all sport title for the Aviators!!! Undefeated in GWOC for three years is impressive. Gives Red Devils some motivation for tonight's game at Tipp. Should be interesting. Strong winds again today that typically blow out at Tipp. May see a lot of long ball action today!! Good luck to both teams as they finish regular season and head into the tourney!!
Old 05-02-17, 11:30 AM
Freshman

latti6935a is on a distinguished road
LOL I was expecting a good razzing today. What can I say other than Butler made the plays and were the better team yesterday. No reason to panic here it was one bad game. No doubt that Tipp bounces back tonight and spoils Butlers perfect league record. We may not win the North but they will think about us every time they see that big 14-1. The W will fly tonight.

All trash talk aside it was a great game for the majority of the time. Would have preferred calm winds, sunshine and warmer weather but this is Ohio. Also think we got some bum calls at the plate and definitely at first base but it's baseball.
Old 05-02-17, 12:35 PM
Freshman

JuuustABitOutside is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by latti6935a View Post
LOL I was expecting a good razzing today. What can I say other than Butler made the plays and were the better team yesterday. No reason to panic here it was one bad game. No doubt that Tipp bounces back tonight and spoils Butlers perfect league record. We may not win the North but they will think about us every time they see that big 14-1. The W will fly tonight.

All trash talk aside it was a great game for the majority of the time. Would have preferred calm winds, sunshine and warmer weather but this is Ohio. Also think we got some bum calls at the plate and definitely at first base but it's baseball.
LOL both teams play in same conditions. It's called battling adversity. Also who cares about record? It's about a title.
Old 05-02-17, 07:49 PM
Freshman

latti6935a is on a distinguished road
Butler made hot dogs last night on the grill but today the Devils served up all you can eat humble pie. And Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm it was GOOD! Sorry about that little stain we got on the perfect record of yours though. Just messin' with you Butler peeps. It was a darn good series and I look forward to many, many more! Two great teams that both communities can be very proud of. Hope to see us both in Columbus!
Old 05-02-17, 08:33 PM
All Ohio

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Tipp and Butler are almost dead even in terms of talent, both taking a game is not surprising, I feel Butler may be more consistent than Tipp is in terms of coming to play every game, but I expect both teams to make deep runs. Tipp challenging Butler for the North title will be the new norm.
Old 05-02-17, 08:54 PM
Hail To The Aviators

ButlerAviator83 is on a distinguished road
Tough one to lose tonight, but that was two days of great baseball! Tipp has a very nice team and will have an opportunity to make a lot of noise in the D-II Tournament. The addition of the Red Devils definitely adds a great deal of intensity to league play.

I see the Butler - Tipp rivalry really taking off in all sports.....but especially in baseball. I expect Troy to be right back in the thick of things next year, and that will make for some great battles for the North.

Best of luck to Tipp in the tournament, this was a fun series!
Old 05-02-17, 09:06 PM
Hail To The Aviators

ButlerAviator83 is on a distinguished road
Tonight's Butler - Tipp photos:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/butler...30973524/page1
Old 05-03-17, 03:43 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButlerAviator83 View Post
Tough one to lose tonight, but that was two days of great baseball! Tipp has a very nice team and will have an opportunity to make a lot of noise in the D-II Tournament. The addition of the Red Devils definitely adds a great deal of intensity to league play.

I see the Butler - Tipp rivalry really taking off in all sports.....but especially in baseball. I expect Troy to be right back in the thick of things next year, and that will make for some great battles for the North.

Best of luck to Tipp in the tournament, this was a fun series!
Tipp went 10-3 against Butler in the major sports, football, Boys and Girls soccer, volleyball, Girls and Boys basketball, baseball and softball. I don't think there will be much of a rivalry besides in Baseball and Football.
Compared to going 7-5-1 against Troy in those same sports. I am not sure if Tipp won the all sports award, but I imagine it will be close.
Old 05-04-17, 07:50 AM
All District

After winter season, all sport standings were
1. Butler - 82
2. Troy - 77
3. Tipp - 73.5
Will come down to track but think Tipp is solidly in third. Historically, Tipp never does well in league track meets because they try to "save" legs for districts. Think the all sport title will go to Butler but Troy closes the gap.
Old 05-04-17, 07:54 AM
All District

Butler picks up 3 points on Troy in Baseball but drops 3 points in softball and 4 in boys tennis. So quick math says Butler is up 1 point heading into track. Makes the track meet really interesting between Butler and Troy.
Old 05-04-17, 07:59 AM
All District

Tipp picked up 4 points on Butler in softball but dropped two in baseball and one in tennis. So they are still down 7.5 points to butler and 6.5 points to Troy in track. Tipp would have to win both track titles and have Troy and butler finish 4th or worse. Mathematically a chance for all sport but Tipp isn't that good in track and Troy and Butler aren't that bad. Again, should make for an interesting track meet!!! Maybe the all sport title comes down to the 4x400 right at the end!!!!!
Old 05-04-17, 08:01 AM
All District

GWOC celebrates All Sports, not just major sports!!
Old 05-05-17, 11:16 AM
All District

GWOC All Sport Update:
With only track to go, standings are:
1. Butler - 93
2. Troy - 92
3. Tipp - 85.5
Looking at the Butler Invite track results. Troy will sweep track and win the all sport title again. Butler 2nd and Tipp loses more ground but finishes 3rd.
Maybe the GWOC needs to consider balancing at 4 divisions of 5 with Troy - the three time all sport champion - moving into division with Boro, Burg, Lebanon and Northmont. I know it will never happen, but the division of 4 is stupid!!! Move Troy in, balance the divisions. That is best for GWOC!!!! League should look at what's best for 20 and not what's best for one!!! I know Troy will never allow that to happen!!!! It's okay for others to step up and compete but not good for Troy!!!!
Old 05-09-17, 10:16 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSsportfan View Post
GWOC All Sport Update:
With only track to go, standings are:
1. Butler - 93
2. Troy - 92
3. Tipp - 85.5
Looking at the Butler Invite track results. Troy will sweep track and win the all sport title again. Butler 2nd and Tipp loses more ground but finishes 3rd.
Maybe the GWOC needs to consider balancing at 4 divisions of 5 with Troy - the three time all sport champion - moving into division with Boro, Burg, Lebanon and Northmont. I know it will never happen, but the division of 4 is stupid!!! Move Troy in, balance the divisions. That is best for GWOC!!!! League should look at what's best for 20 and not what's best for one!!! I know Troy will never allow that to happen!!!! It's okay for others to step up and compete but not good for Troy!!!!
I see what you are getting at and agree in a sense, would move Piqua and Troy away from each other and that's arguably the most historic rivalry in the state. Wouldn't happen.
Old 05-09-17, 11:03 AM
All District

They would still play. Just wouldn't be in same division. Northmont got kicked out of their long standing division and rivalries (by Troy so Troy could be top dog in division). Then Trotwood got kicked out of their long standing division and rivalries (by Troy so they could get rid of tougher competition). Time for Troy to step up to competition instead of being the big fish!!! Better for GWOC if they balance at four divisions of five. Troy - Piqua games still happen.
Old 05-09-17, 11:06 AM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They would still play. Just wouldn't be in same division. Northmont got kicked out of their long standing division and rivalries (by Troy so Troy could be top dog in division). Then Trotwood got kicked out of their long standing division and rivalries (by Troy so they could get rid of tougher competition). Time for Troy to step up to competition instead of being the big fish!!! Better for GWOC if they balance at four divisions of five. Troy - Piqua games still happen.
What are you saying exactly?
Old 05-09-17, 07:33 PM
All Ohio

HomeRunsNDunks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
What are you saying exactly?
I believe he is trying to denounce Troy for some being the "top dog" in the GWOC North despite the All-Sports Trophy being within one point...also wants to completely realign the GWOC to move Troy with other teams despite the obvious geographical irrelevance.

Also appears to be a Tipp City fan, which is strangely ironic for a program that had been outclassing the CBC for how many years before moving this season...
Old 05-10-17, 05:35 AM
All District

I am just a fan of HS Sports.

When the latest GWOC alignment was created, the GWOC wanted four divisions of five. It's just a better and balanced alignment. Better for scheduling and let's face it, a championship based on three games is just silly. At the time, it was more important to add Stebbins and Tippecanoe than to have balanced divisions. So the 5-4-6-5 alignment was created to keep Xenia and Troy happy and out of the west division. But now that 20 schools are set in GWOC it is time to do what's best for the league.

Not a total realignment. It's just moving one school. No secret that size dictated American and National. Geography plays a role but not final say, just look at the West. Northmont with Boro, Burg and Lebanon doesn't make geographic sense at all. They were just the next four largest schools. Make it the next five largest schools and now you add Troy. Who can compete in that division.

East - Beavercreek, Centerville, Fairmont, Springfield, Wayne
West - Lebanon, Miamisburg, Northmont, Springboro, Troy
North - Butler, Greenville, Piqua, Sidney, Troy
South - Fairborn, Stebbins, Trotwood, West Carrollton, Xenia

Piqua - Troy rivalry can still occur. So that argument doesn't apply. They can play. They just have to schedule it. If it's that important of a game, they can make room for it in their schedules.

Northmont moving out of traditional division was best for GWOC. Northmont didn't like it at all but it happened. Trotwood moving out of traditional division was best for GWOC. Trotwood didn't like it at all but it happened. Troy moving out of traditional division is best for GWOC. Troy won't like it. But is is what's best for GWOC.

I know Troy would fight like hell against it. Funny that they were the ring leader behind the Northmont and Trotwood moves.
Old 05-10-17, 07:05 AM
All District

Sportsfanatc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I am just a fan of HS Sports.

When the latest GWOC alignment was created, the GWOC wanted four divisions of five. It's just a better and balanced alignment. Better for scheduling and let's face it, a championship based on three games is just silly. At the time, it was more important to add Stebbins and Tippecanoe than to have balanced divisions. So the 5-4-6-5 alignment was created to keep Xenia and Troy happy and out of the west division. But now that 20 schools are set in GWOC it is time to do what's best for the league.

Not a total realignment. It's just moving one school. No secret that size dictated American and National. Geography plays a role but not final say, just look at the West. Northmont with Boro, Burg and Lebanon doesn't make geographic sense at all. They were just the next four largest schools. Make it the next five largest schools and now you add Troy. Who can compete in that division.

East - Beavercreek, Centerville, Fairmont, Springfield, Wayne
West - Lebanon, Miamisburg, Northmont, Springboro, Troy
North - Butler, Greenville, Piqua, Sidney, Troy
South - Fairborn, Stebbins, Trotwood, West Carrollton, Xenia

Piqua - Troy rivalry can still occur. So that argument doesn't apply. They can play. They just have to schedule it. If it's that important of a game, they can make room for it in their schedules.

Northmont moving out of traditional division was best for GWOC. Northmont didn't like it at all but it happened. Trotwood moving out of traditional division was best for GWOC. Trotwood didn't like it at all but it happened. Troy moving out of traditional division is best for GWOC. Troy won't like it. But is is what's best for GWOC.

I know Troy would fight like hell against it. Funny that they were the ring leader behind the Northmont and Trotwood moves.
I think you meant to have Tipp in the North as opposed to Troy. Troy can't be in two divisions.
Old 05-10-17, 09:26 AM
Freshman

Yes Northmont left and it killed the buzz of the rivalry with Butler. Yes Northmont is much bigger but it always used to be a blood bath in every sport. Hatred has fallen away between the two sides for the most part. For example, in baseball, Troy and Piqua would no longer play in significant games conference wise so neither team would toss their #1 or #2 against the other. Just lessens the hype of the game. I get what you are are trying to say I just don't agree. I don't think Troy is this "overwhelming top dog" you claim them to be. They are a school with great athletics. They didn't win it last year. They did win several years in a row before that but it's never been a landslide. Will agree to disagree
Old 05-10-17, 12:20 PM
All Region

HistoryTeacher is on a distinguished road
It is well known within the conference circles in this area that the alignment was messed up due to Tipp City. They would only accept invitation to GWOC pending they were in North and no other North school was willing to move due to proximity.

Troy with Lebanon, Springboro, Miamisburg and Northmont makes absolutely no sense due to proximity (50-60 min, 40-45 min, 40-45 min, 25 min drives).

It is fairly easy to understand this issue would be solved if the conference was not so big. Personally I believe they should kick out Stebbins, Fairborn, West Carrollton and would have only added Tippecanoe.

CAN WE GET BACK TO BASEBALL NOW? It is tourny time!
Old 05-10-17, 09:21 PM
All Ohio

Tipp beats CJ 3-1!
Old 05-11-17, 02:12 AM
All District

Tipp had nothing to do with Trotwood. That is the story the north schools came up with to protect themselves. The north schools wanted Trotwood out but didn't want to take the blame so they came up with that story.

Did Tipp prefer the north, yes. But Tipp was going to the GWOC regardless of divisional alignment. Tipp approved the GWOC move thinking they were in the south. Then they were told they were in the north. Of course, that was the better fit geography wise, so Tipp was happy. But that was a surprise.
Old 05-11-17, 10:20 AM
All Ohio

HomeRunsNDunks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Tipp had nothing to do with Trotwood. That is the story the north schools came up with to protect themselves. The north schools wanted Trotwood out but didn't want to take the blame so they came up with that story.

Did Tipp prefer the north, yes. But Tipp was going to the GWOC regardless of divisional alignment. Tipp approved the GWOC move thinking they were in the south. Then they were told they were in the north. Of course, that was the better fit geography wise, so Tipp was happy. But that was a surprise.

You seem to have a lot of information about the whole conversation/discussions on all of the movement. Are you an AD or something? The North likely wanted Trotwood out because they are good in three sports (Football, basketball and track) and the rest are "non-competitive" to put it nicely. Getting Tipp makes the most geographical as well as competitive. I really don't understand the argument behind Troy moving. Butler and Tipp are pretty good competition with Troy. Very similar athletics wise.

Also, I believe you're a Tipp fan because looking at your posting history, it is 95% Tipp City, and you defend Matt Shomper like he's your best friend. Very Tipp oriented.

As far as baseball, a few GWOC matchups tonight.

Troy @ Fairborn (Fairborn won first meeting 2-1)
Fairmont @ Northmont (Split series, Northmont won 7-6, Fairmont won 6-5)
Wayne @ Centerville (Centerville won both, 3-0 and 10-2)
Old 05-11-17, 11:06 AM
All District

I am a pretty knowledgeable HS Sport Fan.

Just feel GWOC should be four divisions of five. Troy moving makes the most sense. They are the largest of the 11 in the north/south. Understand points and geography concern, but Northmont travels almost as much as Troy would. Troy may have a five minute longer drive. Driving far is not unheard of in GWOC. All trips to Greenville are far with Sidney in Division driving 50 minutes to get there. All trips to Springfield are far with Fairmont driving over 45 minutes to get there.

If all are happy with a four team division and the crazy scheduling, then leave it alone. Don't have a dog in the fight and just wanted to air my opinion.

Good luck to all the GWOC baseball teams still in tournament.

Congrats to Troy for sweeping Track and winning all sport title for the north!!
Old 05-11-17, 07:09 PM
All World

troyboy73 is on a distinguished road
Baseball final:

Troy 1
Fairborn 0
Old 05-18-17, 07:36 PM
All Ohio

another example of Tipp choking in the playoffs against a team they beat 9-0.. wow just wow. I feel bad for Cahill