Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who will win the Suburban League American?
Aurora 4 22.22%
Barberton 1 5.56%
Copley 1 5.56%
Highland 2 11.11%
Kent Roosevelt 1 5.56%
Revere 1 5.56%
Tallmadge 8 44.44%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-11-17, 10:15 AM
All Ohio

Hitnrun is on a distinguished road
Copley has more pitching than Hayes, it's just that the way the rain outs have been spaced out, Hayes has always been available with 4-5 days rest. Mastrangeleo has won his two starts, and Moses has yet to start a game. At this point, all teams will be throwing their top two in league games, which makes it difficult for any league team to sweep Copley, having Hayes start one of those games. What most at Copley knew before the start of the season, is the quality of the bats throughout the lineup. It's probably the best all around hitting team they have had in a few years, with 8 of the 9 starters being juniors. They will be a player in the Suburban American for awhile.
Old 04-11-17, 10:15 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
I have been told many times that Tallmadge does not care about league just about districts and regionals... according to H2
That was football, and that was a while ago.
Old 04-11-17, 10:18 AM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitnrun View Post
Copley has more pitching than Hayes, it's just that the way the rain outs have been spaced out, Hayes has always been available with 4-5 days rest. Mastrangeleo has won his two starts, and Moses has yet to start a game. At this point, all teams will be throwing their top two in league games, which makes it difficult for any league team to sweep Copley, having Hayes start one of those games. What most at Copley knew before the start of the season, is the quality of the bats throughout the lineup. It's probably the best all around hitting team they have had in a few years, with 8 of the 9 starters being juniors. They will be a player in the Suburban American for awhile.
How many games has Copley played? I only found four games and it said that Hayes started three of them. Did I miss another game?

03/29/17 Copley 5 Barberton 0
04/04/17 Copley 10 Revere 0
04/05/17 Copley 13 Revere 2
04/10/17 Copley 5 Tallmadge 0
Old 04-11-17, 10:19 AM
Go Buckeyes

Quote:
I guess when you haven't had a league title in some years, with all the high expectations put forth recently for Tallmadge, it's convenient to say the league title isn't important, just a big tournament run. Can't argue that post season tournament play ultimately is the goal, but after dropping a few early on league games, to dismiss the league title as insignificant, is an interesting way of looking at things. Personally, I would think a run at both goals would be pretty important, especially this early in the season.
BigWorm is not a Tallmadge fan. Just bringing up an argument from several years ago about football.
Old 04-11-17, 10:20 AM
All Yappi

Even down a senior lefty pitcher (hockey injury), Highland has 3 juniors +85mph that spent the winter training with John Ventura. Somebody over there just held Aurora to 2 runs.

Highland/Copley will be a fun week. It may come down to which team is trying to make up the least amount of games.
Old 04-11-17, 10:34 AM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I have been told many times that Tallmadge does not care about league just about districts and regionals... according to H2
Incorrect. I never said that. What I have said in the past is that although the league title is important, the ultimate goal is in the playoffs. But true to form, you twist words to fit whatever agenda you have against me.
Since you're back home, want to grab coffee at Dunkin tomorrow and "talk"? You can buy.
Old 04-11-17, 11:17 AM
All Ohio

I was able to watch that IVL summer travel team quite often last summer, with the three kids from Highland who have been reported to throw 85+. That team, with these three pitchers, didn't even play 500 baseball. Didn't make it to a meaningful weekend tournament game, playing predominately local tournaments. So, the competition wasn't even that tough, and all three were far from dominate, which many in their corner expect you to believe today. I also was able to see these kids work out most of the winter, and the throw 85+ mph thing is stretching things a bit. Might have peaked a couple pitches in that neighborhood, but far from a consistent 85+. Is it really that important, maybe not, but facts are facts. Just getting tired of kids getting over hyped who play sub par competition by their parents, coaches, trainers, etc, when ultimately their overall record just doesn't support the hype.
Old 04-11-17, 11:30 AM
All Yappi

Thursday, and then again next Monday......hmmm

Is Ray going to throw Hayes both games ?
Old 04-11-17, 11:59 AM
Freshman

FanofCopley is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post

Hayes will pitch the Monday game against Highland. Not sure who pitch on Thursday. Depending on how tonight goes the bullpen should be deep.
Old 04-11-17, 12:04 PM
Go Buckeyes

Quote:

Hayes wouldn't be eligible for Thursday, he pitched well over 76 pitches on Monday, so he needs three days of rest due to the new pitch count rule.
Old 04-11-17, 12:05 PM
All Yappi

Little bit of a different approach for a few teams this year, huh ?
Old 04-11-17, 02:07 PM
Go Buckeyes

Tallmadge at Copley game is cancelled today. A little disappointing. Heard the Copley field was in great shape yesterday and there are still a number of games being played today.
Old 04-11-17, 03:56 PM
All Ohio

Poured rain most of the morning in Copley. Coach did his best to try to get field playable, just too much rain. Just pushes game back a day I assume, but makes 8th game Copley has lost to weather as Euclid was scheduled. As of today, zero of those lost games have been made up, and doubtful if many of these non league contests will ever be made up. Copley can't even get Barberton to reschedule a lost league game from two weeks ago. For whatever reason, Barberton just not able to handle any poor weather in regards to their home field. It is really a nice facility, as the districts were played there last year. Have heard that thru the years the Barberton City Schools and Barberton baseball program have been at odds as to whose responsibility it is to maintain the fields. Coaches not permitted to make fields playable, due to school worker contract language. The result being that no one considers the field prep as a priority on a daily basis, with the result being numerous cancelled games due to the weather. And of course, the kids suffer. I don't blame the coaches, but the school administration. This back and forth has been going on for years at Barberton.
Old 04-11-17, 05:09 PM
All Ohio

Airborne88 is on a distinguished road
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

This is such an old, overly debated topic. I don't think (but I don't read ever comment made) that anyone has ever said Tallmadge doesn't care about winning the league. Of course we do. What has repeatedly been said is that the playoff run would come first, then a league title second. The comments first started about what would you do if you had a chance to win the league or save your best arm for a big playoff game. Jeez already.
Old 04-11-17, 07:13 PM
Go Buckeyes

Looks like the only SLA game tonight:

Kent Roosevelt 3, Revere 1
Old 04-11-17, 07:17 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Tallmadge has begun to dig themselves a hole in the Suburban American race. Almost a "must win" situation today at Copley. Really can't afford to drop 3 games behind the Indians, even this early in the season. Still a way to go for everybody, but falling behind that much behind could make it a tall mountain to climb for Tallmadge.
This is exactly why I said you cannot afford to lose to the bottom feeders if you are trying to compete for a league title. It leaves you zero margin for error when you play the good teams. Realistically, if Copley beats Tallmadge again, Tallmadge is out of the race.
Old 04-12-17, 09:29 AM
All Ohio

I know Tallmadge has good pitching depth, but with Burick throwing on Monday, who is Tallmadge likely to throw today vs Copley? I would think Copley will throw Mastrangello today.
Old 04-12-17, 09:31 AM
All Ohio

BlueDevil Backer is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I know Tallmadge has good pitching depth, but with Burick throwing on Monday, who is Tallmadge likely to throw today vs Copley? I would think Copley will throw Mastrangello today.
Hit,

Boyd threw Monday for Tallmadge
Old 04-12-17, 09:55 AM
All World

BigWorm can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
BigWorm is not a Tallmadge fan. Just bringing up an argument from several years ago about football.

That is incorrect I have property in Tallmadge and am a fan. It was a baseball and football argument.
Old 04-12-17, 09:56 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
Incorrect. I never said that. What I have said in the past is that although the league title is important, the ultimate goal is in the playoffs. But true to form, you twist words to fit whatever agenda you have against me.
Since you're back home, want to grab coffee at Dunkin tomorrow and "talk"? You can buy.
I do not have an agenda against you, I don't even know you. Why would I meet some dude at Dunkin' Donuts to talk.. seems rather fruity to me....plus I won't be home till friday
Old 04-12-17, 09:58 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
This is exactly why I said you cannot afford to lose to the bottom feeders if you are trying to compete for a league title. It leaves you zero margin for error when you play the good teams. Realistically, if Copley beats Tallmadge again, Tallmadge is out of the race.
Spot on man, you are correct!
Old 04-12-17, 10:16 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I do not have an agenda against you, I don't even know you. Why would I meet some dude at Dunkin' Donuts to talk.. seems rather fruity to me....plus I won't be home till friday
What's wrong with you ?
Old 04-12-17, 10:35 AM
All World

Quote:
What's wrong with you ?
Me? I'm not the one offering to meet a strange to talk in quotes? We all know what he means by "talk"
Old 04-12-17, 11:11 AM
All Ohio

My bad, thanks for the correction.
Old 04-12-17, 11:49 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Me? I'm not the one offering to meet a strange to talk in quotes? We all know what he means by "talk"
I don't know. Please, tell us.
Old 04-12-17, 12:11 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You must know me. You continue to talk chit about my kid
Old 04-12-17, 06:47 PM
Go Buckeyes

Nice bounce back game for Tallmadge.

Tallmadge 9, Copley 0
Old 04-12-17, 06:55 PM
Go Buckeyes

Aurora 10, Barberton 5
Old 04-12-17, 09:56 PM
Go Buckeyes

Current Standings (4/12):

Code:
Team		LG	All	RF	Avg	RA	Avg
Highland	(1-0)	(4-2)	36	(6.0)	34	(5.7)
Copley		(4-1)	(4-1)	33	(6.6)	11	(2.2)
Aurora		(3-1)	(4-1)	53	(10.6)	22	(4.4)
Tallmadge	(2-2)	(7-3)	60	(6.0)	30	(3.0)
Kent Roosvelt	(3-3)	(5-6)	27	(2.5)	71	(6.5)
Barberton	(0-2)	(0-4)	19	(4.8)	34	(8.5)
Revere		(0-4)	(2-6)	45	(5.6)	75	(9.4)
Old 04-12-17, 10:08 PM
All Region

hoban2020 is on a distinguished road
Who did each team throw in the Copley-Tallmadge game today? And did Copley play sloppy or did Tallmadge just have a good comeback game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk